The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Several weeks ago, someone mentioned that Telltales Batman logo looks like two people sticking their butts up in front of it. This thought have been bugging me since then, so I used all my MS paint skills to come up with this atrocious thing, just to get it out of my system. #Buttsupforbatman enter image description here

• You use the forum on the Vita too? We're Vita brothers now, VITA BROTHERS!

lol naw, I make a lot of typos on the vita. I just didn't feel like editing it.

• Your artwork is just flawless my dude.

Ekelund21 posted: »

Several weeks ago, someone mentioned that Telltales Batman logo looks like two people sticking their butts up in front of it. This thought h

• Batman is serious.

enter image description here

yup.

Batman is serious. Don't be joking about Batman.

• Why did the Season 3 Waiting Thread become The Whatever's On Your Mind Megathread 2.0 ?

• Can't... unsee...

Several weeks ago, someone mentioned that Telltales Batman logo looks like two people sticking their butts up in front of it. This thought h

• I just left a message asking people to take off topic chat here, as well as flagging a few off topic posts since I saw you said you had trouble scrolling.

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of how the Season 3 thread gets derailed. Honestly, I think I jumped the gun and made it way too early in retrospect, which is why we've since moved to Pre-Season News threads instead with newer games. In the future, we'll be sticking to making waiting threads only when we are less than a few months from the first episode of a game at the absolute earliest.

Why did the Season 3 Waiting Thread become The Whatever's On Your Mind Megathread 2.0 ?

• Ew, it's September .

• Brodester08 posted: »

Ew, it's September .

• Yeah I agree it's good, but not what we saw from demos 3 years ago. I'm sure they were telling the truth about what COULD be in the game early on, but they didn't really have time to put those in it seems. And yes, so many people were disappointed because they blew every mechanic, visual, and piece of the game out of proportion. They didn't know what to expect so they made it up themselves... I do congratulate Hello Games on getting their basic "sense of exploration in an uncharted world" vibe, as that was pretty fun for the first few hours, but then after, you just have to resort on playing the game for 1-2 hours every day before you see the repetition pattern.

It's actually not that bad of a game, it's just highly disappointing that Hello Games lied to us about the kind of content that'll be in it,

• enter image description here

Fuck this world.

• 6 minutes left til September for me. I'm pretty excited because a new horror series I've been hyping comes out on the 2nd of September.

Brodester08 posted: »

Ew, it's September .

• http://heavy.com/games/2016/08/report-new-splinter-cell-game-blacklist-2-sequel-in-development/

"two of his sources have confirmed that an all-new Splinter Cell game is in development at Ubisoft, and it will see the return of actor Michael Ironside as Sam Fisher."
    "and it will see the return of actor Michael Ironside as Sam Fisher."
    "Michael Ironside as Sam Fisher."

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! H O L Y F U C K M Y D U D E S

• edited August 2016

Now, it is September. The month of the Chicken. Let us give thanks to us feathered creatures (no wait that's next month [for you Canadians] or the month after [for you Americans]) and be grateful that I have not yet decimated your human-kind...

https://www.daysoftheyear.com/days/chicken-month/

Amen. ;)

• Praise be onto him.

AChicken posted: »

Now, it is September. The month of the Chicken. Let us give thanks to us feathered creatures (no wait that's next month [for you Canadians]

• What series is that?

6 minutes left til September for me. I'm pretty excited because a new horror series I've been hyping comes out on the 2nd of September.

• Stranger things series 2 has been confirmed!

• edited August 2016

Thank god it's only the 1st day of school, so I only have to be in school for 2 hours. And it's Thursday, which makes it even better.

• I cant see the logo without mentally adding those guys now

• watchthis .zip, It's a short found footage horror series.

What series is that?

• Steven Universe's newest episode, Mindful Education is the finest piece of 11 minute animation I have ever seen in the 17 years and 7 months I've existed. Amazing animation, excellent fight scenes, fucking insanely beautiful and meaningful music, extremely sensitive topics being tackled, fantastic voice acting, etc. It's insane how awesome this show is. Not every episode is this good, in fact, there are a lot of them that are average or bad. But this episode shows the fucking extent that cartoons can go to, the best they can be. If more cartoons can be like this, inspiring, beautiful and interesting, and be... well...

not this, then cartoons could become something much more than what people think they can be, they can reach their full potential.

• Fuck yeah! Blacklist is one of my favourite games of all time...yewwwww!

http://heavy.com/games/2016/08/report-new-splinter-cell-game-blacklist-2-sequel-in-development/ "two of his sources have confirmed tha

• Now I kind of feel bad that I don't go to school...

Fuck this world.

• I personally didn't like it. The only two things holding it back for me were the terrible voice actor they picked for Sam and the fact that they basically abandoned what made Splinter Cell great. I think the previous games are all much better, and while I didn't think Blacklist was terrible, I'm excited to see Michael Ironside return and hopefully a back-to-roots direction for the series.

Chilled posted: »

Fuck yeah! Blacklist is one of my favourite games of all time...yewwwww!

• I'd say it right now, but I can't be bothered answering your question. :p

Also, it's because I don't want to get in trouble.

papai46 posted: »

Why did you get banned dipshit?

• Well, the memes aren't gonna be posted by their own. :^)

And start shit posting on twitter again

• Thanks, fam. ^-^

Eyy welcome back dude!

• And this dude leafys weird posts.

Also welcome back, my friend!

Wolfenus54 posted: »

Well, the memes aren't gonna be posted by their own. :^)

• Haha, yeah... ^^;

Thanks, fam. :3

And this dude leafys weird posts. Also welcome back, my friend!

• Still well fucking happy with this avatar pic, I bow to you tobi

• It is pretty fuckin' kickass.

Still well fucking happy with this avatar pic, I bow to you tobi

• Not as traumatizing as the bat-nipples from Batman and Robin...

• Did YouTube really just make a rule that says swearing is not allowed anymore? I hate you, YouTube.

• Take this with an incredibly miniscule grain of salt. Every single site that is currently reporting this are mostly clickbait and small websites.

Also, I wasn't the whole point of getting a new (younger) voice actor was so that he could voice act and mocap at the same time? What was the point of the change then if Michael Ironside is coming back?

http://heavy.com/games/2016/08/report-new-splinter-cell-game-blacklist-2-sequel-in-development/ "two of his sources have confirmed tha

• It's not that swearing isn't allowed. The rule change is that channels with videos that feature swearing will no longer be able to monetise those videos.

Yes it's as dumb as it sounds.

Yes there are probably going to be special cases in terms of big YouTubers, because YouTube is very hypocritical.

BeyondEnder posted: »

Did YouTube really just make a rule that says swearing is not allowed anymore? I hate you, YouTube.

• soon there will be trigger warnings

Did YouTube really just make a rule that says swearing is not allowed anymore? I hate you, YouTube.

• Haha, my holidays start in two weeks!

AustraliaIsAwesome

Fuck this world.

• **** this ****

• Take this with an incredibly miniscule grain of salt.

I am, and I'm aware a lot of what the site posts are clickbait, but here's the thing. Ironside has been saying for years he'd love to voice Sam again, and that he was kind of disappointed with the direction of Blacklist. Plus the person who talked about this rumor has been right about some things in the past, and I'm damn sure Ironside would love to join in.

Also, I wasn't the whole point of getting a new (younger) voice actor was so that he could voice act and mocap at the same time?

Yeah, but here's the deal, the guy voicing Sam isn't fucking Sam Fisher. He's Commander Sheppard really. He does not fit Sam at all, he sounds more like Redding than Sam, which isn't at all acceptable. Besides, Chaos Theory wasn't done with mocap, and people are still praising that game.

I'm so sick of people thinking games can only evolve if they become the Last of Us or become a movie. (fucking despise David Cage) We do not need mocap to make a good Splinter Cell game. We need a great graphical engine, dedicated game designers and Chaos Theory styled gameplay.

Back to the actor thing, I don't give a damn that Ubisoft wants to do mocap. I grew up with Splinter Cell as many others did, we have the gravely, deep voice of Michael Ironside deeply carved into our brains and our souls. And I realize I'm getting a bit aggressive and frustrated with the way I'm saying this, but this series is my childhood, it's the only positive memory I still retain of my father, it's so important to me and Ubisoft is butchering Sam's character.

Seeing Sam with his absolutely badass Ironside voice threaten to beat Kobin within an inch of his life is awesome. Seeing Sam stare down Shetland on the rooftop of the Bathhouse in an intense, emotional conversation is awesome. Seeing Sam drag Sadono outside of the studio into the pouring rain as he threatens him with death after Sadono threatens his daughter is really fucking awesome. But if you put Eric Johnson's young and non-threatening voice over those scenes, it loses a lot of it's intensity because Eric Johnson is not Sam Fisher, and he never will be.

What was the point of the change then if Michael Ironside is coming back?

Maybe Ubisoft realizes that they're unbearable sacks of shit and they need to change a few things.

lupinb0y posted: »

Take this with an incredibly miniscule grain of salt. Every single site that is currently reporting this are mostly clickbait and small webs

• Ha! Sucks! I did MY time in school.

Just kidding, I have college in January.

Kill me now.

Fuck this world.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.