The 18th playthrough

I finished the game so many times (18 times to be correct), but it doesn't even get boring to me.
I know I already saw the story too many times, but I feel I need to look for another way to change the story.
I plan to make a story when I'll kinda be a douchebag to Jack and see where the story goes when I do that.

How many times did you guys finished the game?

And yeah I'm a huge fan.

Comments

• Only twice. For my alternate playthroughs.

Thinking about doing a ULTIMATE fuck-up playthrough, where I try to zero characters to be chosen for the final battle.

• I plan to make a story when I'll kinda be a douchebag to Jack and see where the story goes when I do that.

How come you haven't tried it in your previous 18 playthroughs? i did this rightaway on my second playthrough lol

• You will always have at least three characters to go into the final battle with. If you don't meet certain requirements, you are given three default options to pick from.

RhysAndLee posted: »

Only twice. For my alternate playthroughs. Thinking about doing a ULTIMATE fuck-up playthrough, where I try to zero characters to be chosen for the final battle.

• Didn't know that. Do you know who they are?

You will always have at least three characters to go into the final battle with. If you don't meet certain requirements, you are given three default options to pick from.

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited August 2016

Athena, Zero, and August. If you are put into a situation where you do not meet the requirements to recruit any other characters, the game will present you with the chance to recruit those three even if you did not meet their requirements otherwise. However, if you do have at least one other option, than I think I heard that at least one of the three characters will be blocked off if you do not meet their requirements. Basically, you always get three characters no matter what.

EDIT: Read this for more info: http://www.ign.com/wikis/tales-from-the-borderlands/Vault_Hunter_Team

From the link above, it sounds like August is the only character 100% available, and that Athena/Zero are the two characters who will vary if you have other options available or not.

RhysAndLee posted: »

Didn't know that. Do you know who they are?

• August probably always accepts it because he misses Sasha, poor guy.

• edited August 2016

What is the most amount of times anyone in here has finished the game? 18 times is the highest number I've read. Is there anyone that have played it more than that?
    BTW I've played it 3 times.

• Athena is always available too. I took her shield and didn't tell Springs she loved her and she still wasn't locked out even though I had more people to choose from.

• "but I feel I need to look for another way to change the story."

I mean, Im not saying theres some choice thats less than 1% and is like, super coolio...

enter image description here

• edited August 2016

Season 1: twice.

Season2: once, other than the ending, which I went back to and changed... killing Kenny after his murderboner with Jane subsided.

Edit: Thought I was posting in TWD forums, thanks OBAMA!

• edited August 2016

Yer in the wrong part of town pardner.

Season 1: twice. Season2: once, other than the ending, which I went back to and changed... killing Kenny after his murderboner with Jane subsided. Edit: Thought I was posting in TWD forums, thanks OBAMA!

• This forum ain't big enough for the both of us.

Poogers555 posted: »

Yer in the wrong part of town pardner.

• But y'see, I think yer in ther wrong town 'ere. T'is town 'ere is ther Borderlands town pardner.

This forum ain't big enough for the both of us.

• Don't hold me to this, but I actually think I remember seeing a Let's Play where she was not available, and another video where Zero was not available.

Pipas posted: »

Athena is always available too. I took her shield and didn't tell Springs she loved her and she still wasn't locked out even though I had more people to choose from.

• ..:Do tell. I'm kinda intrigued.

"but I feel I need to look for another way to change the story." I mean, Im not saying theres some choice thats less than 1% and is like, super coolio...

• I mean, Im not saying that like, its in episode 5, and like, you gotta like, work for it and stuff, and its kinda hidden and stuff, and like, Im not saying that its the better choice but like, thats like my opinion man, and like, Im not saying that you need to not do this thing in episode 3, and like then say stuff in episode 5...

Do you feel me?

..:Do tell. I'm kinda intrigued.

• FUCK. ME. SIDE. WAYS.

Oh, well. Fuck it. Leaving it up anyway. Tales from the Borderlands season 2 sucked and I killed Rhys and Fiona aka. Jane and Kenny or whatever.

But y'see, I think yer in ther wrong town 'ere. T'is town 'ere is ther Borderlands town pardner.

• Damn bro, I got the ending where Rhys and Fiona find out that they are brother and sister and Vaughn is their Evil Father.

FUCK. ME. SIDE. WAYS. Oh, well. Fuck it. Leaving it up anyway. Tales from the Borderlands season 2 sucked and I killed Rhys and Fiona aka. Jane and Kenny or whatever.

• And that Clap Trap was hidden in a car and that jet fuels melt steel beams and water is thicker than blood.

It was crazy.

Damn bro, I got the ending where Rhys and Fiona find out that they are brother and sister and Vaughn is their Evil Father.

• So, did you still ship Rhys and Fiona after that?

Damn bro, I got the ending where Rhys and Fiona find out that they are brother and sister and Vaughn is their Evil Father.

• I can confirm sightings of that as well. Also, I had a file where August was locked off for whatever reason. But, yes you still get three characters no matter what.

Don't hold me to this, but I actually think I remember seeing a Let's Play where she was not available, and another video where Zero was not available.

• Huh, alright. It's certainly possible my game was just bugged, because it said I didn't take her shield while I actually did.

Man, this certainly deserves another playthrough. I want to see Athena/August locked.

AChicken posted: »

I can confirm sightings of that as well. Also, I had a file where August was locked off for whatever reason. But, yes you still get three characters no matter what.

• 1.5 lol.

I can't believe you played it 18 times, that's just...too much for a game that pretty much doesn't change based on your choices that much.

• I don't know. I love every character in the game and I tried to play the good guy every time but it's time to be the ultimate shitbag. At least to Jack.

buttstabber posted: »

I plan to make a story when I'll kinda be a douchebag to Jack and see where the story goes when I do that. How come you haven't tried it in your previous 18 playthroughs? i did this rightaway on my second playthrough lol

• I know, but the concept, the music, the references to the other Borderlands games, the graphics, the story and the characters man, that characters, I think this is the perfect game to me.

And you know borderlands 1-2 and Pre-Sequel are my favorite games. So don't be surprised :)

MarijaaNo7 posted: »

1.5 lol. I can't believe you played it 18 times, that's just...too much for a game that pretty much doesn't change based on your choices that much.

• And you know borderlands 1-2 and Pre-Sequel are my favorite games. So don't be surprised :)

Uh, I don't even know you.

tothclean posted: »

I know, but the concept, the music, the references to the other Borderlands games, the graphics, the story and the characters man, that char

• edited September 2016

I have no tips to lock Athena, as I'm not sure how Athena would be locked for someone, (haven't experienced it first hand). For August, I think you just have to be a real jerk to him the whole time. Mess up the Vault Key talk at the bar and then the deal, and then I think you just need to insult him about being a mama"s boy(?) Not too sure, but good luck!

EDIT: And make sure you get three characters unlocked other than August/Athena, or it will default back to them if there aren't enough people available.

Pipas posted: »

Huh, alright. It's certainly possible my game was just bugged, because it said I didn't take her shield while I actually did. Man, this certainly deserves another playthrough. I want to see Athena/August locked.

• Good point.

MarijaaNo7 posted: »

And you know borderlands 1-2 and Pre-Sequel are my favorite games. So don't be surprised Uh, I don't even know you.

• I think it's more because the vault monster killed his mom and he wants revenge no matter what.

Ekelund21 posted: »

August probably always accepts it because he misses Sasha, poor guy.

• But did you still ship Rhys and Sasha after that?

So, did you still ship Rhys and Fiona after that?

• Do I smell Rhyiona shipping???

I mean, Im not saying that like, its in episode 5, and like, you gotta like, work for it and stuff, and its kinda hidden and stuff, and like

• The intro music is so good, I watch the intros on You Tube all the time, can't get enough!

tothclean posted: »

I know, but the concept, the music, the references to the other Borderlands games, the graphics, the story and the characters man, that char

• ᶦ ᵐᵉᵃᶰ ᶦᵗˢ ˢᵘᵖᵉʳ ᶜᵒᵒᶫ ᵈᵘᵈᵉ

Do I smell Rhyiona shipping???

• Around 5-6 times. Now I have 4 playthroughs for Season 2. plz.

• Maybe you should try a speedrun, that would be, something.

• Is it even possible to really speed run a Telltale game?

I mean, I guess you'd have to do all puzzles fast as possible, choose which option is shortest.

Sure Wolf Among us could use some of those EXPLOITS like "This Choice is Blank"

Maybe you should try a speedrun, that would be, something.

• You would have to choose dialogue really fast. Making the dialogue options basically QTEs.

Is it even possible to really speed run a Telltale game? I mean, I guess you'd have to do all puzzles fast as possible, choose which option is shortest. Sure Wolf Among us could use some of those EXPLOITS like "This Choice is Blank"

• I've finished it not long ago but I certainly plan to play it 1-2 more times... one day.

• I've played the first episode around 4 times already (I don't own the full game YET)
    I usually play these games 3-4 times... but 18? I don't know how you do it without getting bored of it...

Sign in to comment in this discussion.