The Thread of general TWD-related questions

Comments

• edited August 2016

Shipping reasons, for someone who doesn't consider themselves a shipper.

Also, unlike with Jane, which is more or less a slip of the tongue that became an half-hearted insult to her demeanor and appearance, the possibility Sarah being bi-curious kinda opens up an interesting alternative interpretation of her character.

I'm not really saying she is because, as I only recently pieced together, Sarah is apparently deadlocked into jumping back and forth between the naive mind of a childish eleven year old and the traumatized mind of a cynical fifteen year old. And to be honest, I only said that in a joking manner; that's what the [best I could find] gif was supposed to help indicate, among other things.

But why do you think Sarah is homosexual?

• [removed]

• How much time apart are certain events in Season 2? Particularly the Cabin Group leaving and coming back.

• How much time is between the ending of S1 and the beggining of S2 ?

• Not a question but if anyone needs to edit their thread, here is the url:
    https://telltale.com/community/post/editdiscussion/[thread number]

• Is anyone else afraid Clem had changed too much and became a shivers 'teenager' in S3? I am, just look at her clothes!

enter image description here

It's unpractical to wear a T-shirt that doesn't cover your shoulders, don't you think? also, uncomfortable and kinda cold, and a Walker would have no problem to bit you there, also, I think I can see the bodice shivers in horror. AND IT HAS THE NECKLINE IS TOO BIG!

She also has a something in her right leg, that could be bandages or something to hold the knife she had in her hand, and with that pressing in your leg it must be pretty uncomfortable to run, hu?

Also, something tha looks like a sweatshirt around her waist, a walker or enemie could grab it in any second! Also, isn't that uncomfortable? Why doesn't she have in her backpack if she doesn't want to wear it... Oh, yeah, SHE DOESN'T HAVE A BACKPACK!

I just... I may be overthinking it, but in the other hand, our little, young and innocent Clem could be turning into a frikin and unpractical TEENAGER!

• Not to start any plagues or anything but I'm curious: Why are people so adamant about their feelings towards Kenny?

• It would be an interesting discovery, to say the least. I would be kind of 50/50 in that scenerio.

On one hand, that would be an intriguing development to Clementine's psyche. Her coping mechanism was to escape to her fantasy world where she was stronger and things were slightly less messed up.

On the other hand, it would feel pretty cheap. If that was revealed it would feel like a weak attempt to resolve some of the issues of Season 2.

I am with Kenny though, so it wouldn't affect me too much, honestly. (Unless we get accepted later. In my dreams, most likely.) Screw Wellington, it can go to Hellington for not accepting Kennington. No, not really. I wish you good fortune, residents of Wellington!

This is kind of long and ramble-ish, so...I'd feel pretty ripped off but I wouldn't completely dismiss the whole reveal.

• edited August 2016

It could've just been a simple, touching moment, although I see why you would question it. We don't get too many of those in this game. All happiness is just a sick joke.

Are you insinuating that we viewed the whole Season through Clementine's warped perception, or was that only in the Kenny endings? I'm genuinely interested in hearing more of this theory. If any of this were true, my mind would explode.

• Woah! That would be insane! I don't mean "insane" in the bad way, either. Anything's possible at this point and I think that's a pretty cool idea.

• Does anyone know any interesting otherworld settings that I can use for a pitch?

• Is there a way to retrieve lost info from disussion topics?

• edited September 2016

Here's a question I have been wondering the answer to in plenty of things for a good while now:
    Why does it seem like people are quick to forgive and sympathize with villainous or antagonistic characters(Carver, S2Kenny, Nate), but demonize and condemn heroic or friendly characters(Kenny, Luke, Lilly)?

• edited September 2016

How long were the Cabin Group gone from Howe's Hardware before Clementine and Carver find them?

• At least eight months, seeing how Rebecca was worried about it not being Alvin's baby and how close she was to birth.

DabigRG posted: »

How long were the Cabin Group gone from Howe's Hardware before Clementine and Carver find them?

• Really? Because I always got the vibe that Carlos and Sarah came along partly to help take care of Rebecca as she approaches the eventual birthdate.

RhysAndLee posted: »

At least eight months, seeing how Rebecca was worried about it not being Alvin's baby and how close she was to birth.

• Bonnie mentions that the conflict between Luke and Carver grew once Rebecca started showing, which means that the group was still at Howe's Hardware when her uterus grew enough to be visible. I would say that they were away no more than five months.

Well, that's interesting. Rebecca escaped while being visibly pregnant twice. Alvin Junior will be so accustomed to it that he will flee and walk on Howe's parking lot on a daily basis.

• Thanks for that pseudographic answer, mate. Not disgusting or confusing at all.

Bonnie mentions that the conflict between Luke and Carver grew once Rebecca started showing, which means that the group was still at Howe's

• Why does everybody all of a sudden expect characters like Lily to show up Season 3?

• disgusting

That's human bio for you!

confusing

I will happily clear up any of the points!

[signals to the one point there is]

Thanks for that pseudographic answer, mate. Not disgusting or confusing at all.

• This part.

Well, that's interesting. Rebecca escaped while being visibly pregnant twice. Alvin Junior will be so accustomed to it that he will flee and walk on Howe's parking lot on a daily basis.

disgusting That's human bio for you! confusing I will happily clear up any of the points! [signals to the one point there is]

• Because the hype of waiting for Season 3's release date is causing people to speculate about what they would want to see, including returning characters.

bloop posted: »

Why does everybody all of a sudden expect characters like Lily to show up Season 3?

• Do we have a thread dedicated to the villains and other antagonists?

• Do you think people would've minded if Michelle had killed Christa instead of Omid?

• Eh, I don't see why not, but it is called the Meme and Fun thread.

• What are the character's [exact] heights compared to each other?

• I can't answer for everyone, but kind of? I'm pretty sure Omid has a larger fanbase than Christa, but I'm almost positive that people would've been upset if she died too. Most people seemed to hate the fact that the Season 1 characters were swept under the rug, so I feel like either character getting killed off would have been perceived almost equally.

This isn't really about your question, but now I'm thinking about how this could have changed things. Christa and Omid were kind of introduced as the "perfect parents." Christa seemed capable of helping Clementine develope into a survivor, while Omid seemed to help Clem keep some of her child-like qualities and help her develope emotionally. How would Omid living and Christa dying affect Clementine? How would Omid deal with not only the loss of his wife, but his child too? We never saw him deal with grief before. I'm not implying that Omid was incompetent or anything, but could he have kept Clementine alive for so long? So many questions. Personally speaking, I think I slightly prefer it as it is. I suppose that's because I don't have anything tangible to compare it to.

Do you think people would've minded if Michelle had killed Christa instead of Omid?

• And those questions you just asked answered my question's true purpose: to determine if Omid having to deal with Christa dying would give him some character development.

Kenny726 posted: »

I can't answer for everyone, but kind of? I'm pretty sure Omid has a larger fanbase than Christa, but I'm almost positive that people would'

• Okay, so I guess a joke centered thread for making and responding to jokes shouldn't hurt too much. But that's just my opinion.

• Well, that's the tricky part. There are some topics you wouldn't think would get much attention, but they explode over a week and then there's others with intriguing discussions but it just dies a lonely death. If people are in a jokey mood or not determines whether the thread would see much use.

But, as I said before, I think it may just work.

• This is a good question, but not all of your examples work here. Kenny and Lilly are hated by about half the fan base, true, but are fan favourites of an an equal amount of players. Nate is an anomaly. I can't really explain that one. I rarely see defense of/support of Carver, only a general lamentation about his wasted/undeveloped potential as a villain. I don't think many people exactly dislike Luke, it's more disappointment that he didn't have any shades of grey or a more compelling backstory and/or motivations.

Here's a question I have been wondering the answer to in plenty of things for a good while now: Why does it seem like people are quick to f

• Yeah, but he's okay now too ^_^

Except by the fact of him being dead... yeah he's fine.

And those questions you just asked answered my question's true purpose: to determine if Omid having to deal with Christa dying would give him some character development.

• The possible or even probable inclusion of Lilly and/or Molly in subsequent games has been discussed since Season 1 ended, so I don't think it's sudden at all.

bloop posted: »

Why does everybody all of a sudden expect characters like Lily to show up Season 3?

• There are people that keep arguing if Kenny is or not Jesus and nobody pays attention to my dear Did 'Take Us Back', predict how the second season of The Walking Dead was going to be? shitty thread D:

This will create a wound that will never heal TT_TT

Well, that's the tricky part. There are some topics you wouldn't think would get much attention, but they explode over a week and then there

• Feels good, doesn't it? :smiling_imp:

There are people that keep arguing if Kenny is or not Jesus and nobody pays attention to my dear Did 'Take Us Back', predict how the second

• nobody pays attention

enter image description here

N-n-nobody pays attention? But-but what about me? I c-c-commented. I guess I'm just a nobody then...
    :'(

There are people that keep arguing if Kenny is or not Jesus and nobody pays attention to my dear Did 'Take Us Back', predict how the second

• I guess I'm just a nobody then...

Knexyn726, is that you?

Kenny726 posted: »

nobody pays attention N-n-nobody pays attention? But-but what about me? I c-c-commented. I guess I'm just a nobody then...

Sign in to comment in this discussion.