The Thread of general TWD-related questions

Comments

• Who?

DabigRG posted: »

I guess I'm just a nobody then... Knexyn726, is that you?

• AJ has crossed the parking lot twice before being born, so this was a joke about him doing it being part of his routine when he grows up.

This part. Well, that's interesting. Rebecca escaped while being visibly pregnant twice. Alvin Junior will be so accustomed to it that he will flee and walk on Howe's parking lot on a daily basis.

• I've seen some admiration for Carver and spite for Luke.
    Nate is an afterschool special villain in the Walking Dead. People either find him funny, disgusting, or go eve further and call him "complex."
    And I've seen numerous people give Lilly the same treatment they give Arvo.

Obviously, I'm just going by both TVTropes and my observed impressions of their reaction, which includes you if I'm mistaken. Still, it's something that appies to many fanbases and pretty much any superhero movie that comes out.

This is a good question, but not all of your examples work here. Kenny and Lilly are hated by about half the fan base, true, but are fan fav

• Propaganda? No, it's capitalist and comercial. Propaganda must die.

Feels good, doesn't it?

• Can the Unpopular Opinion thread also function as a Confession Thread?

• Well, I think it's due to, often times, the more interesting characters are the one's with a bit of an edge to them. The ones that can incorporate a form of evil, but also show hints of a better nature, which is what I gathered from Nate, or like Kenny, are flawed heroes (in my opinion, anyway), and for a lot of people, those are the characters you find yourself most invested in. With Nate, who's one of my favourite characters in the games so far, you constantly wanted to know more about him, understand why he was the way he was and what could drive a man to become such a nutter, and with the added fact, he never actually harms Russell, suggests that there could be another side to him, making him a compelling character. And he had, in my view, a pretty entertaining personality, which was refreshing compared to all the sad sacks in the series.

Characters like Luke or Omid for example are one-dimensional "nice guys" with few other layers, making them a lot less relatable because human beings are far more complex then that, whilst Lilly or Kenny, both who could be argued to be good or bad judging on the person, feel more like living people, because they aren't prefect and can divide one's opinion.

Here's a question I have been wondering the answer to in plenty of things for a good while now: Why does it seem like people are quick to f

• You know, you almost make me believe that consensus on Nate. After all, you did more than just say "he's complex!" When clearly that isn't 100% accurate. The entertaining part is true, though.

And while I personally wouldn't call Omid one-dimensional, poor Luke had the simultaneous problem of being in the spotlight-stealing squad and being out of focus. .

Good explanation on Lilly and Kenny, though! They were just the first that came to mind.

OneWayNoWay posted: »

Well, I think it's due to, often times, the more interesting characters are the one's with a bit of an edge to them. The ones that can incor

• I already know your confession.
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

enter image description here

And this is a prime example of why my jokes scare people. Uh...on to the question! I'd say go right ahead. The two topics are extremely similiar and have some overlap, so I don't think anyone would have a problem with some confessions.

Can the Unpopular Opinion thread also function as a Confession Thread?

• Uh... there is a link in my previous comment...

• Really? The only time I heard characters like Lilly or Molly to show up was at the end of Season 2. I guess it's just weird considering there's nothing to base if off of. The only thing really that supports it is that they're unknown status.

The possible or even probable inclusion of Lilly and/or Molly in subsequent games has been discussed since Season 1 ended, so I don't think it's sudden at all.

• And this is a prime example of why my jokes scare people.

Criminy, ya think?
    Dare I ask who that is in the background?

The two topics are extremely similiar and have some overlap, so I don't think anyone would have a problem with some confessions.

Okay. Its just one of those things where I noticed that's the vibe some people give with some of their posts.

Kenny726 posted: »

I already know your confession. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) And this is a prime example of why my jokes scare people. Uh...on to the question! I'd

• Kingdom Hearts joke.

Who?

• edited September 2016

You may dare. It belong's to no other than Christa the great!

How can one not have heard of the beautiful Christa booty? Why go for the Nikki Minaj when you can buy the Swigitty swooty Christa booty?

I mean no wonder Kenny saved her life!

And this is a prime example of why my jokes scare people. Criminy, ya think? Dare I ask who that is in the background? The tw

• K. That face, tho.

The color filter really threw me off.

You may dare. It belong's to no other than Christa the great! How can one not have heard of the beautiful Christa booty? Why go for t

• Okay, gotcha.

AJ has crossed the parking lot twice before being born, so this was a joke about him doing it being part of his routine when he grows up.

• I liked S2 warts and all. But Michonne Mini under welmed me. I didn't hate it just thought it was so-so. I have no question just needed to say that S2 was better than Michonne mini in my view. Sorry to"troll"as it were, just felt like a good place to say it given your header.

• That's what the Unpopular Opinions thread is for, mate. :wink:

I liked S2 warts and all. But Michonne Mini under welmed me. I didn't hate it just thought it was so-so. I have no question just needed t

• First off, showing Christa die while pregnant would be just kinda fucked up. So I mean, if Telltale wanted the impact to be even worst, character we love, who is also pregnant, gets shot and dies. So first off an opening like that could be really, effective.

Next, Im guessing Omid would be the one taking care of Clem now. We never really saw Omid not in a good mood, so seeing what Omid would be like without Christa would be very interesting. Christa in season 2 was still similar to season 1 after Omid died. She was more gloomy, but nothing massively different. Seeing Omid without Christa, maybe he's no longer cracking jokes, maybe he's not as positive anymore. Just an interesting way of thinking how it could be different.

Do you think people would've minded if Michelle had killed Christa instead of Omid?

• My point exactly. Though, I honestly forgot about the baby.

Poogers555 posted: »

First off, showing Christa die while pregnant would be just kinda fucked up. So I mean, if Telltale wanted the impact to be even worst, char

• True I guess, unless you count Luke, Mark, Russell, or Matthew.

Define normal?

• How do you do the strike function?

You know, where - is over your text.

• enter image description here
    Was this really a thing?

• I thought it was Lee. :/

K. That face, tho. The color filter really threw me off.

• edited September 2016

Private messaged you.

How do you do the strike function? You know, where - is over your text.

• Same here, that's why I was afraid to ask or even look at it. Kenny's face doesn't exactly do me any favors.

I thought it was Lee.

• You were afraid of Lee's butt?

Same here, that's why I was afraid to ask or even look at it. Kenny's face doesn't exactly do me any favors.

• That would be baby raccoon!

• [removed]

Private messaged you.

• Wouldn't you be, mate? Especially with Kenny's face there.

You were afraid of Lee's butt?

• I mean, I won't exactly complain about his butt…

…and that's nothing compared to people openly discussing Samantha's breasts' shape and size, so don't tell me anything about it!

Wouldn't you be, mate? Especially with Kenny's face there.

• ...Are you female?

I mean, I won't exactly complain about his butt… …and that's nothing compared to people openly discussing Samantha's breasts' shape and size, so don't tell me anything about it!

• Also true, though I'd prefer all of the characters.

That would be baby raccoon!

• No!

...Are you female?

• What, private messaging? Are you kidding?

Are you unable to receive them in your feed?

• Nevermind, I see it.

What, private messaging? Are you kidding? Are you unable to receive them in your feed?

• It shouldn't have turned this awkward, you know.

...K.

• edited September 2016

I once had a Confession Thread. It lasted a while and was super cool and quite successful but then it was closed for obvious reasons. It would be cool if it was opened again.

Can the Unpopular Opinion thread also function as a Confession Thread?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.