The Thread of general TWD-related questions

Comments

• Blame Christa! She's the one who didn't walk to walk right for a month!

It shouldn't have turned this awkward, you know.

• Yeah, it would. I might just look it up.

I once had a Confession Thread. It lasted a while and was super cool and quite successful but then it was closed for obvious reasons. It would be cool if it was opened again.

• Wow--there are a lot of potentially offensive comments in that thread!

But now that I look at them, they do look similar. Only one is a turned out hick.

Indeed it was. https://telltale.com/community/discussion/31369

• Why are everybody's avatars that green and yellow profile?

Indeed it was. https://telltale.com/community/discussion/31369

• Is Kenny older than Lee?

• Controversial Topic that might need its own thread but I have to ask: If Kenny (and Jane) wasn't so prominent or even existent in Season 2, who do you think could've filled the same purposes assuming the story beats would be basically the same?

• Hmm, that's a tough one. I'd say if Kenny didn't return, Christa or maybe Lilly would take his place, and Jane is one I don't know. I don't think anyone else in the group would do what she did.

DabigRG posted: »

Controversial Topic that might need its own thread but I have to ask: If Kenny (and Jane) wasn't so prominent or even existent in Season 2, who do you think could've filled the same purposes assuming the story beats would be basically the same?

• Usually that means someone got banned and it automatically reverts to the first avatar you get when you join the forum. But that thread was made way back in 2012, I joined at the beginning of 2014 back in January but before joining I lurked the forums for about 2 or 3 months. Back then I remember there being a limited set of avatar pictures you could choose from, unlike today where there's a different variety and you can select one that you like or make a gravatar and choose whatever you want to put as your pic.

My guess is that since it was way back in 2012 that there weren't a lot of avatars to choose from yet, so that's why most of those people were using the yellow and green Ben avatar and some of them probably haven't been on the forums in a long time so they didn't change it. Also I remember there being a dislike button that was removed because of dislike trolls. The like and dislike button was also something that wasn't added way back then as well. We actually have a lot of new things now than way back when telltale was still sort of new and hadn't made a lot of games yet.

In my opinion the website looked the best back in 2014, but guess they want to keep updating the site as they make more games.

Why are everybody's avatars that green and yellow profile?

• As is not crazy, depressed, psychopathic, or Clementine?

• edited September 2016

I'd say if Kenny didn't return, Christa or maybe Lilly would take his place, and Jane is one I don't know.

Well, that's the thing. While I certainly would've been open to Christa coming back, I specifically want to know how the story would've filled the same points without deciding to focus so much on Kenny. Specifically things like Carver's death, AJ's birth, and pretty much anything involving Arvo besides the setup.

Controversial Topic that might need its own thread but I have to ask: If Kenny (and Jane) wasn't so prominent or even existent in Season 2, who do you think could've filled the same purposes assuming the story beats would be basically the same?

• Why exactly do a lot of people hate Taavia? I've seen her pop up a lot as a disliked character and can't really think of any major reason.

• What is up with all the really narrow scoped Kenny(or any other character) threads lately?

• Oh, I see. Thank you!

I didn't know that the default avatar was Ben!

Usually that means someone got banned and it automatically reverts to the first avatar you get when you join the forum. But that thread was

• Does anyone actually like Rebecca?

• There wasn't a large variety of avatars to choose from back then. Ben was one of the few.

Why are everybody's avatars that green and yellow profile?

• edited September 2016

Because she lied about the Howes community. (I'm referring to 400 days.) Sure there's food and shelter but she forgot to mention the lunatic that was running the place.

Why exactly do a lot of people hate Taavia? I've seen her pop up a lot as a disliked character and can't really think of any major reason.

• edited September 2016

Well, if Bonnie, Rebecca, Sarah, and Jane are to be trusted, Carver wasn't quite as psychotic back then. I'm not 100% on this, but I'm pretty sure 400 Days takes place about a year or two before Season 2 begins, so there's some very vaguely implied character development going on there. Bonnie says that being in charge has to have taken quite a toll on him, Rebecca tells Kenny that he's worse than when they left, Sarah claims that she never got in trouble before, and Jane goes as far as to say he may have a nice guy once. Of course, Bonnie admits to being a tad delusional and Jane definitely shouldn't be trusted on that, so 2/4 of that is trustworthy.

Also, not to be insensitive to the fans who went nuts for that DLC, but were people really surprised that Taavia was talking about Carver at Howe's Hardware? Because that seemed like an obvious setup to me, though I didn't know anything about 400 Days until I played it in June.

Because she lied about the Howes community. (I'm referring to 400 days.) Sure there's food and shelter but she forgot to mention the lunatic that was running the place.

• There were other green and yellow profiles?

There wasn't a large variety of avatars to choose from back then. Ben was one of the few.

• I guess not because she isn't being a bitch, but I don't recall seeing anyone say,"Oh yeah, Rebecca! Now there's a fine mama if I ever seen one. Totally top ten material!"

• The Ben one is the only green and yellow picture that I know of.

There were other green and yellow profiles?

• All these characters were sloppily written out of the game to force tension between Kenny and Jane, even at the expense of Kenny's reformation, which would have made a more satisfying plot than what we were left with.

Which is stupid because Jane wasn't introduced until the halfway point. Plus, that would actually give Sarah's 2nd death some relevance to the plot if that was the case.

I can't find many similarities, considering most of the characters introduced in Season 2 were poorly developed and/or we had limited intera

• I'd say a composite of Ben and Kenny. With a few shared traits towards Luke.

longlivelee posted: »

Nick was the poor man's Ben.

• Can someone give me a decent description of Clementine's personality in Season 1 and/or 2? I can't seem to find a biography that does so.

• What exactly was Andy's deal?

• Do any of the other groups, such as the 400 Days Cast, have any more proper names?

• Were there alternate outfits for the characters in Season 2?

• The Walking Dead wiki says that Rebecca, Sarita, Sarah(wtf), and Nick(wtf) were working as food handlers. When was this brought up?

• A great question.

Maybe Lilly or even Christa for Kenny's role and I dunno, Carlos for Jane's? Nah.

• I see we may be missing the point: How would most the same basic events of Season 2 play out without Kenny/Lilly/nostalgia?

• I killed her in the first oportunity so I couldn't possibly have tough about that :b

Was this really a thing?

• Serious question: How does a character portrayed(or attempting to be) as a villain redeem themself in this setting?

• edited September 2016

Hmmm... I'll try. (I promise your ass won't be destroyed this time)

Season 1 Clementine: Clementine was a little girl thrown into the new world. She did acknowledge the world around her, and despite her displays of innocence and joy, was obviously deeply affected and fearful of her surroundings.

She had a strong moral compass, and possessed a rather no-nonsense attitude that she applied to her morals. She believed in being nice and carrying out non-violent actions, despite the circumstance and any possible justifications. This was also expressed, albeit in a less dramatic matter, whenever she became cross in the path of swear words.

Despite expressing child-like idealism, she was portrayed as very wise and mature. This is evident in a multitude of difficult situations she was thrown in. Even though she acknowledged the worse of it, (occasionally without the prodding of any type of guardian) she still maintained her hope.

She of course had to adapt to the new society, but this was truly challenged in the finale. Was she still going to remain the scared little girl, or would she do the hard thing and adapt to this cruel and twisted world?

Edit: And uh...I'm kind of delirous right now, so maybe I shouldn't be commenting. Coherent thoughts are not coming easily.

Can someone give me a decent description of Clementine's personality in Season 1 and/or 2? I can't seem to find a biography that does so.

• edited September 2016

There are often different ways villainous characters can be redeemed in a post-apocalyptic setting;

• Killing the bigger threat or aiding in doing so
    • Helping the main group in an effective way
    • Giving their life up for someone
    • Righting their wrongs etc.

Serious question: How does a character portrayed(or attempting to be) as a villain redeem themself in this setting?

• I don't believe it is ever actually brought up unless it's the outcome of a specific dialogue decision when talking to one of them?

The Walking Dead wiki says that Rebecca, Sarita, Sarah(wtf), and Nick(wtf) were working as food handlers. When was this brought up?

• What do you mean by 'proper' names?

Do any of the other groups, such as the 400 Days Cast, have any more proper names?

• Kenny Threads are popular for their debates - it's either;

• People post positive threads about Kenny and people disagree
    • People post negative threads about Kenny and people disagree
    • People post mixed threads about Kenny and people debate

What is up with all the really narrow scoped Kenny(or any other character) threads lately?

• Good job! Take it easy now!

Kenny726 posted: »

Hmmm... I'll try. (I promise your ass won't be destroyed this time) Season 1 Clementine: Clementine was a little girl thrown into the new

• Like how the Season 2 group is called the Cabin Group.

prink34320 posted: »

What do you mean by 'proper' names?

• Okay. I'm normally pretty positively neutral about him myself, though thats been starting to change recently...

prink34320 posted: »

Kenny Threads are popular for their debates - it's either; * People post positive threads about Kenny and people disagree * People post negative threads about Kenny and people disagree * People post mixed threads about Kenny and people debate

• What do you think the purpose of the knife scene with Carver and Clementine was? Whether you try and go for it or not, Carver just picks it up and puts it back in the draw and the moment passes.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.