Forum of Thrones: An Interactive Story

Comments

• Lucas is under Argellas protection. Leonard though.......................................poor guy.

AgentZ46 posted: »

I have one thought on my mind. Leonard Constantine is FUCKED! If Mullendore really wants him dead, I don't see what's stopping him now.

• Mullendore coming to claim Raylansfair, huh? Well shit, let's just say that I'm officially putting my hope to Team Targaryen now (go Gordar!).

Willfred sighed. This was it. The point of no return. He had made his decision and only time would tell if it truly would be for the best. “

• edited September 2016

So I had 5 major thoughts during this. Two I will give to you later via pm since it may contain spoilers. Here are the rest:

1) This might have just been me but I am both heart broken and pissed at what happened to Argella. So much so that if it were not against my interfic code I would let Willfred be killed (Violently). However if amputation or beating comes along, I am most definitely picking that. Argella is a true badass and she will rise again !!!!!

2) "So just as a debriefing of this meetings events Lady Sherryl has not only confessed to openly helping all these forgeries take place and not revealed any information up until when it best suited her political needs. Basically tricking us and wasting our time and nearly causing quite possibly the two greatest crimes against the house by almost ruining the legacy and memory of the Raylands and humiliating two people I have openly respected. And most incredibly, she did all this fully aware of the supposed true heirs which she never disclosed to me at any point. And these true heirs just happen to be the family most hated by the Raylands, those who have committed countless crimes against the house and would no doubt soil their legacy forever. She also made a contact she never even informed me about whom Lady Argella has openly spoken of with disgust and hatred, and fueled with uncharacteristic anger........................................You are the only person I can trust to discuss this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!".....................................Are all the Tyrell men just stupid?

3) So Hobbert........where's that army you bragged about?

Also I missed the Donnel refrence :(

Willfred sighed. This was it. The point of no return. He had made his decision and only time would tell if it truly would be for the best. “

• Bah. I don't even know what to say. I feel sorry for Tariel and even Argella.

Butterfly is coming - Raylansfair people, run for your lives.

• Orys will destroy Mullendore.

• Everything is going exactly according to plan. With one choice we were able to get rid of both Argella, a true opponent that would have caused trouble, and Hobert who would've been an annoying little weasel. Everything is set up for Team Targaryen to come in and swoop up the pieces of Raylainsfair. With Targaryen agents Jenna and Saerya having the insider's knowledge on Sheryl, the have an idea of what's to come next. And John and crew has access to the most destructive pile of Wildfire to kill any Butterfly armies that may come, and Orys, the hero this city needs, is bound to lay his diplomatic game on Tyrell. And now that Willifred is super doubtful, it will be easy to convience him to join our side. The only thing I am not sure about is when they are going to lay our their attack. Team Targaryen could attack before Butterfly comes and build up some defenses against him, or they could wait and let him make everyone in town revengeful, maybe an rebellion, so he could have an army of cannon fodder to throw at Butterfly. All in all I am rather happy about this outcome, even though there will be some deaths to come probably involving Leonard. But he would make one hell of an Martyr.

• Absolutely not, this was one of the most major choices in this chapter, perhaps even in the entirety of Book 1. With Willfred's continuing support, Argella would have managed to reach a temporary agreement with Lord Tyrell, who is a pragmatist at heart. This would have resulted in her actually winning this diplomatic battle, even though there would have been more twists later on that would have posed additional challenges for her. I can't tell you much about what is going to happen now and what would have happened if you would have supported Argella, but a while ago you asked me a question, if you ever made a truly bad choice that had no good consequences at all. I can now already reveal, Willfred's decision to remain neutral, to support neither Hobert nor Argella, was one of these decisions. In some situations, it is better to support the devil you know. I was actually a bit surprised by this strategy the votes seemed to follow. First a majority of you decided to ally with Harris, then you screwed him over, which strengthened Argella's position, only to deny her the most vital support in a crucial situation. This indecisiveness ultimately only helped the very decisive Maron Mullendore.

Sometimes I do get very annoyed when we do something and the something else. Despite my dislike of Harris, I'm pretty sure I didn't vote to screw him over :(. Why, why must we make choices like this? Why?

I guess the lesson is to not choose neutral options. Yikes.

Actually, Lucas still is directly sworn to the heiress of the most powerful kingdom in Westeros, who on top of that seems to have a bit of a soft spot for him. It can't possible be bad to have such a powerful friend. With Willfred's decision to remain neutral, Lucas' situation would have been way more dire if he wouldn't have supported Argella, since he would have continued to be without allies. This situation actually applies to Leonard right now, who has no powerful protector. It can only be hoped that he will find one when the time comes.

Goddamnit. goddamnit. Lucas that lucky bastard. There's only one person that can save Leonard now, but the thing is, we don't control what Leonard wants to do so...damn...

Indeed, with Harris there would have been one strong leader able to oppose anyone who would be a threat to Raylansfair. Hobert and Argella would have been questionable threats, since neither of them has any actual bad intentions, but Mullendore obviously is a very real threat. And Mullendore knows how dangerous Harris could have been. This is why he made all of these elaborate plans to bring him down and so far, even Lucas and Leonard have played their parts in his scheme. But anyways, if Harris would have still been around, this part would have been a major turning point for him. He would have finally realized how much Sherryl manipulated him and he would have taken every possible step to prepare his city against the danger she and Mullendore would undoubtedly pose, which could have started a bit of a redemption arc for him. Now, he's just as helpless as Argella to actually stop what is coming.

Well, knowing this is what it could have been, damn. Redemption? Ack, we need to think more about these choices...

He's going to make Raylansfair great again. And as of this part, he has officially been name-dropped in the story, which means he eventually is going to appear. I don't know if he's going to save the day, but he's going to be damn enjoyable to write =)

I looked through the thing again, I didn't see his name in this part? Can you point me to it?

That is an important thing you noticed there. Hobert is going to gather his men to leave at once, in the very hour, while Argella is going to remain for another few days, before planning to make her leave way more dignified than him. But after she left as well, this indeed means that a hundred fighting men, able to defend Raylansfair from any potential danger, would be all gone.

Just take your time Argella. Just take your time...

If we supported Argella, would the same thing happen? Absolutely not, this was one of the most major choices in this chapter, perhap

• So I had 5 major thoughts during this. Two I will give to you later via pm since it may contain spoilers. Here are the rest:

Alright! Sure, go ahead and send these last two via PM, I'm looking forward for them :)

1) This might have just been me but I am both heart broken and pissed at what happened to Argella. So much so that if it were not against my interfic code I would let Willfred be killed (Violently). However if amputation or beating comes along, I am most definitely picking that. Argella is a true badass and she will rise again !!!!!

Hehe, it was pretty stupid what Willfred did here, although he himself really doesn't know any better. He has no reason to distrust Mullendore and as a result of the voting in his last part, he feels like he has at least some reason to distrust Argella. That said, I am surprised he pissed you off that badly here. Technically, all he did was to refuse to support Argella and as a result, she lost this fight for Raylansfair, which is highly embarrassing for her, but nothing more. As much as I agree with your last sentence, there is little she even has to recover from right now. The fate of the people in Raylansfair concerns her and Willfred's decision made it harder for her to prevent Mullendore from taking over the city, but she herself suffered nothing bad personally.

She also made a contact she never even informed me about whom Lady Argella has openly spoken of with disgust and hatred, and fueled with uncharacteristic anger

Well, the thing is, anger is anything but uncharacteristic for Argella. She manages to keep calm way better than her father, but still has a habit of getting really pissed quite easily. Just remember how badly she snapped at the Targaryen ambassador in her introduction scene, or how she beat up Torrence later on after he hit her in the heat of the moment. Her family has a famous temper and this is something Lord Tyrell is well aware of. On top of that, she managed to keep her calm while she was with the others and only slightly snapped at Willfred out in the hallway. She's anything but stupid and she knows how insane she'd sound if she would reveal what she knows about Mullendore. This guy has the reputation of being a good man with good intentions. Claiming that he's a sadistic crime lord without providing evidence is roughly the same as claiming that Bill Gates is a serial killer. You can't seriously say such a thing without sounding insane, so Argella decided to remain quiet until she has hard evidence to support it.

Are all the Tyrell men just stupid?

At least Harlen Tyrell is not the sharpest knife in the drawer. He's not outright stupid, but he lacks backbone and has no initiative to stand up against something he perceives as wrong. He felt quite intimidated by Sherryl's confidence and to make things worse, Argella's own strategy, to make him nervous, backfired badly. On top of that, he distantly knows Maron Mullendore, like many noblemen in the Reach do, and considers him trustworthy. His nephew Elias meanwhile almost certainly noticed that something is not right here, but he's first and foremost a knight, not someone who gets involved in political discussion.

3) So Hobbert........where's that army you bragged about?

Most of them are in Raylansfair, which equals fifty men. His army is really not impressive at all, he just has the habit of overestimating his own strength quite severely. I mean, he really thought it would be a good idea to declare his intention of being an enemy to House Durrandon from now on, that should tell you everything there is to know about the guy.

Also I missed the Donnel refrence :(

He wasn't called Donnel in this part itself, but he was referred to by his last name, Selwyn. It's during the dicussion between Hobert and Helenys, where the former mentions that a certain Lord Selwyn, a neighbour to Raylansfair, likes to hand out loans.

Lord_EAA posted: »

So I had 5 major thoughts during this. Two I will give to you later via pm since it may contain spoilers. Here are the rest: 1) This migh

• Of course, once you answer mine ;).

Still, she seemed pretty broken up :(, least I can do is horribly mutilate Willfred for it.

It remains incredible Sheryll managed to pull all of this of so quickly.

But if he's that confident in his troops why didn't he try to stage a cou or at the very least kill Sheryl? It's already been shown he puts his pride above logic.

Ah, there it is :)

So I had 5 major thoughts during this. Two I will give to you later via pm since it may contain spoilers. Here are the rest: Alright

• Sometimes I do get very annoyed when we do something and the something else. Despite my dislike of Harris, I'm pretty sure I didn't vote to screw him over :(. Why, why must we make choices like this? Why?

I have checked it and yes, you have indeed voted not to tell Argella the truth about Harris. Considering what is going to happen now, it's a shame your preferred option lost here, even though I highly enjoyed the interaction between Lucas and Argella that came out of the winning option.

I guess the lesson is to not choose neutral options. Yikes.

Neutrality is not always bad. In fact, sometimes it is even the best option. The trick is to know when it's better to take a clear position. In this case, neutrality backfired, but there are other cases where it will lead to a better outcome.

Goddamnit. goddamnit. Lucas that lucky bastard. There's only one person that can save Leonard now, but the thing is, we don't control what Leonard wants to do so...damn...

The only person that can save Leonard is Leonard himself. He has a problem declaring for someone else when his true loyalty lies with House Raylan. His stubornness has been his greatest strength in Oldtown, but now it makes things way harder for him. That said, with people like Lucas around, who genuinely care for him, not all hope is lost.

Well, knowing this is what it could have been, damn. Redemption? Ack, we need to think more about these choices...

This is undoubtedly true, it can never hurt to think more about the choices. Of course, only few choices have consequences of this magnitude, but still, it can't be bad thing. Though I think a clear majority of you really thinks about the choices, it's just that you occasionally come to the wrong conclusion, which can't really be prevented. I remember the choice where you were adamant not to send Samantha to Oldtown, because you were sure she'd end up killing Lucas and Leonard. As for Harris, yes, there could have been redemption for him, although many characters would have made it clear that they would never forgive him. For example, he would have never managed to redeem himself in the eyes of Leonard or Jenna, whereas Lucas would have eventually been able to forgive him. I still have something planned for him now and it remains to be seen if it will be enough to give him a little bit of redemption in the eyes of the readers, or if it is going to make your opinion about him only worse.

I looked through the thing again, I didn't see his name in this part? Can you point me to it?

Of course. In the first half of this part, we get this comment from Hobert when he learns about Helenys' intentions to build up Raylansfair's economy:

Hobert chuckled at this suggestion. “So, what are you going to do to get that starting capital?”, he asked, again with a mocking streak. “Perhaps asking Raylansfair's neighbours for a bit of coin? Camberlyng is rich and I've heard Lord Selwyn just loves to hand out loans”

So House Selwyn is officially a neighbour to Raylansfair now, which means it's likely Lord Donnel is going to take an interest in the coming events.

Just take your time Argella. Just take your time...

She's certainly not in a hurry. The only question is if she remains long enough.

Absolutely not, this was one of the most major choices in this chapter, perhaps even in the entirety of Book 1. With Willfred's continuing s

• I have one thought on my mind. Leonard Constantine is FUCKED!
    If Mullendore really wants him dead, I don't see what's stopping him now.

For now, it is the distance between them that stops him. But yes, if he reaches Raylansfair and Leonard is still there, there's little standing in his way to do whatever he likes with him. Though, there are still going to be some twists and developments to this of course.

Saera and Jenna are looking to undermine Sherryl so hopefully there is hope.

Indeed, they have gathered some evidence against Sherryl. Let's hope it's going to be enough for them to succeed. At least the speed with which Sherryl advances her plans should come as a shock for them though.

Man, If I was Lucas or Leonard right now I'd be getting the hell out of here. They are NOT safe here if Mullendore takes the city.

Yes, yes this is going to be a major concern for both of them once they learn about the extent of Mullendore's plans. Lucas already has the opportunity to leave with Argella, but he is definitely going to try his best to make sure that Leonard will have a way out of the city as well.

So given my strong reaction, this was obviously a fantastic part.

I am very glad to hear this! I felt bad for needing so long to finish the part, so I am happy to learn that it is at least well-received. I have no doubt that I'm going to finish the next part faster =)

I have one thought on my mind. Leonard Constantine is FUCKED! If Mullendore really wants him dead, I don't see what's stopping him now.

• Indeed, the Targaryens have plans for Raylansfair and it is possible Mullendore's takeover will not benefit them. That said, you may remember a theory that popped up a while ago, where it was mentioned that Mullendore plans to support someone whom he sees as the one true king and as the strongest possible ruler for the Reach. If I'm not mistaken, Aegon Targaryen was seen as a likely possibility by many of you back then.

Mullendore coming to claim Raylansfair, huh? Well shit, let's just say that I'm officially putting my hope to Team Targaryen now (go Gordar!).

• edited September 2016

Of course, once you answer mine ;).

Yes, yes of course =) WIth that incredibly long part out of the way, I can finally write other things again, like PM's.

Still, she seemed pretty broken up :(, least I can do is horribly mutilate Willfred for it.

Yes, Argella is truly hurt by Willfred's actions and sad that she won't be able to help against Mullendore now. And well... horribly mutilating Willfred for hurting her feelings, that might be a bit much, but hey, it's exactly the course of action the Storm King would take :D

It remains incredible Sheryll managed to pull all of this of so quickly.

Yes, Sherryl seriously increased the speed of her plans here. Keep in mind, this is something she's been working on for a while now, but still, with this one discussion, she managed to overpower all of her remaining rivals. However, before she pulled this off, she manipulated Harris for a long time, she gathered information and carefully learned about the strengths and weaknessess of Hobert and Argella.

But if he's that confident in his troops why didn't he try to stage a cou or at the very least kill Sheryl? It's already been shown he puts his pride above logic.

Because at heart, Hobert is not stupid. He threatened to use his troops in this part and he quickly noticed how utterly unimpressed Argella and Lord Tyrell were, so he backed down. He is the kind of man that utters a great deal of threats, but rarely has the courage to follow through with them. And well, he knows such a takeover would have had no chance of success. Killing Sherryl would only mean he would be hanged as a murderer, while trying to go against the guards in Raylansfair, the Stormlander soldiers, Willfred's troops and Lord Tyrell's men is complete suicide. His cowardice might be the only thing stronger than his pride.

Of course, once you answer mine . Still, she seemed pretty broken up , least I can do is horribly mutilate Willfred for it. It remains

• Hm, this is good that you feel this way. I intended for Tariel to get a bit of sympathy here even if her plan got rightfully thwarted. Sure, she was majorly involved in the scheme to take over Raylansfair, but Sherryl was honest with exactly one thing here: Tariel is not a bad person. She's been terribly hurt by the people of Raylansfair, so it might hopefully be understandable why she decided to do this. And of course, Sherryl greatly downplayed her own involvement in this scheme. As much as she is in the wrong here, I don't think she deserved to be brutally stabbed in the back by the woman she considered to be her oldest and closest friend.

Mathea posted: »

Bah. I don't even know what to say. I feel sorry for Tariel and even Argella. Butterfly is coming - Raylansfair people, run for your lives.

• Well, he's definitely the kind of person who would disapprove heavily of Mullendore's actions. It remains to be seen if he is truly going to destroy him, but it would definitely be a great thing to watch.

xSensus posted: »

Orys will destroy Mullendore.

• Everything is indeed going according to plan. The only question is, whose plan? Argella would have caused trouble not only for Team Targaryen and the same applies to Hobert and Harris. With all of them gone, Mullendore has no real opponent either. Team Targaryen has played a relatively slow game so far, with a single active agent in Raylansfair. The arrival of Orys Baratheon might cause them to act faster, hopefully fast enough. However, there is one thing where you are wrong: The Wildfire is not in the hands of John and his people, but in the hands of Clayton and his assassins, who directly answer to Butterfly. Team Targaryen has some new chances to increase their power now, but they have to be extremely quick to claim them.

Bounden posted: »

Everything is going exactly according to plan. With one choice we were able to get rid of both Argella, a true opponent that would have caus

• I'm sooooo shocked by this twist.

I can't even speak.

I don't know how to live after that.

• Ugh I really wish Harris didn't go to the cells. By the way do you remember in Lucas' first part way back when Harris told Lucas about him being one of the few honorable men? Then Lucas questioned it. It seems we got our answer.

I'm just waiting for the day Sherryl's betrayal with her friends and allies come back to haunt her.

Hobert chuckled at this suggestion. “So, what are you going to do to get that starting capital?”, he asked, again with a mocking streak. “Perhaps asking Raylansfair's neighbours for a bit of coin? Camberlyng is rich and I've heard Lord Selwyn just loves to hand out loans”

Is it a small loan of a million golden dragon coins?

Oh and I have an idea of a group of Essos characters I might submit in the upcoming week. Got inspired from the play scene in season 6 with the group of actors. Not exactly all actors but a group of artists. :)

• edited September 2016

Oh I remember, if I'm not mistaken I was one of those who brougth that up as a possibility back then. However, when it comes to the people we've seen in Raylansfair who are confirmed working for Targs - Saerya, Daghan, Orys, Gordar, Rahaerys - they don't seem like the kind of people who would approve of Mullendore's set of values. Then again, that bastard is very good at deceiving people and hiding his true nature.

Indeed, the Targaryens have plans for Raylansfair and it is possible Mullendore's takeover will not benefit them. That said, you may remembe

• She was the one that truly touched me within this part. She did not deserved what happened to her from her "friend", especially in front of such people. Really, good job with writing the part.

Hm, this is good that you feel this way. I intended for Tariel to get a bit of sympathy here even if her plan got rightfully thwarted. Sure,

• My plan to get rid of all of the claimers to Raylainsfair. Argella, Hobert, and Harris were all the major threats to Team Targaryen to claiming the throne. While I didn't want Harris to be ratted out immediately, it worked out in my favor. Butterfly is too far away to have any immediate effect on Raylainsfair, and his agents aren't doing too fresh. Kersea befriended Alysanne and she is thinking about leaving Clayton. They will probably fight and either Clayton loses and die, or he kills Kersea, Alysanne, or both. Either way the assassins will be crippled. Wolfius is just crazy and is Raylainsfair and Butterfly's enemy. The only real threat is Sheryl, but Jenna and Saera have some info on them and one of Ory's companions will probably have some diplomatic tact to do the political stuff if Orys doesn't want to. All we know is that he is super chivalrous, so he could not be the best diplomat. And Butterfly himself won't be a threat until next chapter because he has to heal from the utter beating he got from Harpy. The Tom won't leave Oldtown because that is his realm where his power is. So Team Targaryen has everything it needs going for it to take over I think.

Everything is indeed going according to plan. The only question is, whose plan? Argella would have caused trouble not only for Team Targarye

• Hehe, I feel flattered that the part caused such a reaction :) And well, maybe the next part can help you feel better. With John Gutten as one of the PoV's, it's more or less guaranteed to be a bit more light-hearted, at least compared to this part and the other parts that are left in this chapter. Oh god, how I dread one of these other parts...

I'm sooooo shocked by this twist. I can't even speak. I don't know how to live after that.

• Ugh I really wish Harris didn't go to the cells. By the way do you remember in Lucas' first part way back when Harris told Lucas about him being one of the few honorable men? Then Lucas questioned it. It seems we got our answer.

I'm always loving it when readers reference things that happened so long ago =) And yes, you are correct! There are only few truly honourable men left in Raylansfair, as this part showed once again. Even Lucas compromised his honour in favour of pragmatism when he declared his support for Argella, at least from a certain point of view. Harris truly did some very dishonourable actions, but all things considered, he's far from the worst.

I'm just waiting for the day Sherryl's betrayal with her friends and allies come back to haunt her.

Well, that would surely be a well-deserved fate. Sherryl is playing a very dangerous game here, as she constantly screws everyone over. At the beginning of the chapter, she had the trust of Harris and Argella (and as it was implied, she also stood in contact with Hobert). Now she has turned against all of them and maybe even revealed her true allegiance, which means she is very confident that she is going to win this power struggle. But well, there are certainly things she did not plan for and should her plans somehow get thwarted, she might find herself in a situation where her lack of allies can be dangerous.

Is it a small loan of a million golden dragon coins?

Yes indeed! No one hands out loans like Donnel Selwyn. He's going to give Raylansfair a loan and he's going to make them pay for it. He's going to make the Reach great again!

Oh and I have an idea of a group of Essos characters I might submit in the upcoming week. Got inspired from the play scene in season 6 with the group of actors. Not exactly all actors but a group of artists. :)

This sounds like an interesting idea! There will be a storyline in Book 2 in Essos where I could use such a group of characters very well. Without wanting to spoil too much, this storyline would be set in the city of Volantis, I hope that works with your idea. Submit them whenever you like, I'm looking forward for them :)

StarKing789 posted: »

Ugh I really wish Harris didn't go to the cells. By the way do you remember in Lucas' first part way back when Harris told Lucas about him b

• Hm, in that case I must admit your plan went very well. Argella, Hobert and Harris are no longer a problem for anyone who tries to claim Raylansfair. That said, are you sure it's the city itself Team Targaryen is after? If this is truly their goal, then your votes helped them tremendously, just as they helped Mullendore. But you are undoubtedly right with one thing: Even though Mullendore's plans advance, they do so anything but smoothly. There are the wounds Harpy gave him at the end of the last chapter and although these two storylines do not happen at exactly the same time (I'd say there are a few days of difference between the current Raylansfair storyline and the current Oldtown storyline), his wounds will continue to affect him for a long time. There is a game changer coming up for the assassins very, very soon as well. Clayton is losing his power over Kersea, but the bad thing is that he's well aware of that. Wolfius is a problem, but mostly one for the city guard at this point. And then there is Sherryl, probably the most dangerous of his agents in Raylansfair, who has nonetheless been made a target by Team Targaryen. Saerya and Jenna have uncovered something of importance and with Orys Baratheon, they got someone of great importance for the Targaryen efforts in Westeros on their side. If they truly wish to take over the city, their position is now just as good as Mullendore's at the very least. In any case, reaching their goals should be relatively easy now, at least if nothing unexpected happens.

My plan to get rid of all of the claimers to Raylainsfair. Argella, Hobert, and Harris were all the major threats to Team Targaryen to claim

• Is it the part where the Wolf break Wolfius free and kills a POV, cause I sense that's going to be dreadful.

Hehe, I feel flattered that the part caused such a reaction And well, maybe the next part can help you feel better. With John Gutten as one

• Team Targaryen plan on controling all of Westeros, and Raylainsfair lies within Westeros so it is safe to assume they want to get their scaly hands on it. And the assassin will either way become weaker than before because they will lose Kersea and maybe Alysanne or Clayton will die and they just leave. Whatever this game changer is it will be near impossible to fix the fissure that is now between Kersea and Clayton. If it's Creep possibly joining them, then Clayton would have another little monster on his hands, but I doubt he would care whether he dies or not and with one mistake we could kill Creep. Clayton will be more careful with himself and it would probably take someone like Orys to take him down with one of his masterful military tactics. Hopefully Arthur will meet Orys when he drops off Rodrik and he can put in the word that there is an serial killer on the loose that he could defeat. Orys would either do this from the kindness of his heart, or to get a favor from the City Guardsmen he could use whenever he goes toe to toe with Butterfly or Tyrell. Sheryl will eventually trip off the tight line she has been walking on , and fall into the grasp of all those she wronged, and get what's coming to her.

Hm, in that case I must admit your plan went very well. Argella, Hobert and Harris are no longer a problem for anyone who tries to claim Ray

• The only person that can save Leonard is Leonard himself. He has a problem declaring for someone else when his true loyalty lies with House Raylan. His stubornness has been his greatest strength in Oldtown, but now it makes things way harder for him. That said, with people like Lucas around, who genuinely care for him, not all hope is lost.

Which means he swears loyalty to whoever rules House Raylan, which is Manfred Hightower, and indirectly Maron Mullendore. So therefore he should be fine.

I dunno, I feel like eventually his sense of self-preservation will kick in. At least I hope it will.

So House Selwyn is officially a neighbour to Raylansfair now, which means it's likely Lord Donnel is going to take an interest in the coming events.

Hopefully Lord Selwyn has something information on the inside. Very excited, even though it'll be a long time until he shows up.

Sometimes I do get very annoyed when we do something and the something else. Despite my dislike of Harris, I'm pretty sure I didn't vote to

• Which means he swears loyalty to whoever rules House Raylan, which is Manfred Hightower, and indirectly Maron Mullendore. So therefore he should be fine.

I think I can safely confirm that Hightower will be the only house Leonard will never declare for. After all, Mullendore works for the same house and while Leonard strongly assumes that Manfred Hightower is not behind Mullendore's actions, he would never swear loyalty for him. His standpoint in Oldtown has been that Hightower mustn't get the last will, because he sees him as the worst possible ruler for Raylansfair. That's right, he'd even rather see someone like Hobert as the Lord of Raylansfair than Manfred Hightower.

I dunno, I feel like eventually his sense of self-preservation will kick in. At least I hope it will.

That's another thing however. Leonard is not suicidal of course. Neither is he stupid. If such a situation will occur, he'd probably try to find a way to remain loyal to Raylansfair without being loyal to House Hightower. In the end, it remains to be seen if he manages to do this, or if he is forced to decide between his loyalty and his life. And in such a case, I'd guess Leonard would, although with a heavy heart, choose his life, to fight for Raylansfair on another day.

Hopefully Lord Selwyn has something information on the inside. Very excited, even though it'll be a long time until he shows up.

Out of your characters, he is actually the next to appear. I don't have a fully specific point planned yet, but I know it won't be too long. Many of the lords around Raylansfair will be interested in the new developments that will come up at the end of Book 1, so I'll have several opportunities to show them in the early-to-mid Book 2.

The only person that can save Leonard is Leonard himself. He has a problem declaring for someone else when his true loyalty lies with House

• I really love the ideas you have there. I can't comment on them in too much detail, because at this point of our conversation I am afraid I might accidentally give something away that could be considered a heavy spoiler for the next two chapters, so I'll give you this: You are not entirely right with your speculation, but neither are you entirely wrong. As for this game changer between Kersea and Clayton, I can say that it has already been hinted at, very, very slightly in a recent part that has not been from her PoV. Maybe you'll see it once I write hers, which will be one of the next three parts I will write.

Team Targaryen plan on controling all of Westeros, and Raylainsfair lies within Westeros so it is safe to assume they want to get their scal

• It won't be that dreadful, but still genuinely horrifying. The event itself probably won't be among the worst things that ever happened in FoT, at least not among the worst five, but it will be super uncomfortable to write for me.

Is it the part where the Wolf break Wolfius free and kills a POV, cause I sense that's going to be dreadful.

• Oh god, is Kersea gonna get Claytoned? D:

It won't be that dreadful, but still genuinely horrifying. The event itself probably won't be among the worst things that ever happened in FoT, at least not among the worst five, but it will be super uncomfortable to write for me.

• edited September 2016

At this point, I'd close the voting if there would be one

This means, the next part will be out most likely tomorrow. I was hoping to close the voting a little bit earlier, but some developments today prevented me from doing so. Still, this is mostly an update so that you know the next part will be out soon. Currently, I have almost finished a shorter part from John's PoV, which should mostly focus on wrapping up some of the events that are still up for him in this chapter. The last time we saw him was not in his own part, but in Drent's, where he stopped Torrence's attempt to sneak into Ian Shortwood's room. This confrontation soon turned violent and at the end of Drent's part, Sergeant Montclair, Janae and Daghan Oxus were all about to get involved into it.
    There is also a second PoV planned in this part, although I am not yet sure who it will be. I'm currently deciding between either Sadie or Marak. For both, it would be the final part in this chapter. The last time we saw Sadie, she broke into the backrooms of Gyles' brothel, where she suspects her sister to be located. However, she got stopped by none other than Gyles mother, Senyse, who is as crabby as she is old. Left with the choice on how to deal with the woman, Sadie decided to reveal the truth to her, in the hopes that Sanyse is going to disapprove of Gyles' actions. Meanwhile, Marak's latest part has been very recently, although I feel like his next part has to be at this point, so that I can proceed with Raenna's storyline. The last time we saw him, he got into an argument with Noelle, while she treated the wounds of Rachel, a young girl which was allegedly found injured by a rather weird farmer named Otis, and he stormed off to get some fresh air. Walking around Otis' house, Marak noticed a strange smell that came from a hatchet behind the house, probably leading down to some sort of cellar. Since he has never seen a horror movie in his life, he decided that it would be a great idea to open the hatch.

Now, there is another reason for this announcement. Do me a favour and read this, even if it includes copious amounts of me fanboying like a schoogirl at a One Direction concert. It might be called a shout-out, though I feel a mere shout-out won't do justice to the story I'm about to recommend. So, I am trying to make this right here the best shout-out I ever gave for the best story I ever read. Yes, yout got me right there. I think I am reading and enjoying every single active story here in this forum and you know I am notoriously bad at choosing my favourites out of them. However, even then I can safely say that this particular story I recommend here is without any doubt my utmost favourite. It is called Monument and it is written by @NoHopeLeft.

I know that some of you know Hope from his other story, Silicon. Monument is a bit older, but still far from over, or else I wouldn't recommend it to you. And well, it's my favourite for a reason. The story is set in the Walking Dead universe, although it is not your standard zombie fic. Instead, walkers often take almost a backseat to the real focus of the story, which is extremely deep and well-written characters who interact with each other. Does that sound good? Of course it does. It is mainly set in the southern US, in the state of Texas and originally followed a group survivors in a gated community. Those were the early days, the original premise and since then, the story has expanded into something vast, something magnificent, something that deserves way more recognition than it currently gets. From enjoyable, nicely-written beginnings, the story developed into something that leaves me in awe on a regular basis, especially when it comes to the writing. I am baffled that this story isn't more popular and over the time, many of the original readers have left the forum for different reasons. To stop a dwindling audience, I have taken it upon myself to find new readers. Naturally, the first place I was thinking of to find these new readers is here.

Unfortunately, I feel like some of my recent shout-outs haven't gained the attention I hoped they would gain. I can fully understand you there. Some of you don't have the time to follow more stories, some of you are not interested in the topic of the story, some of you simply do not want to join another story. All of those are perfectly fine reasons. However, this time I genuinely hope that I managed to gain your attention, even better, your interest. The story is long, at currently 29 pages, but I know several of you who have caught up through the vastly longer story that is FoT. Trust me here, Monument will be worth it. In fact, you shouldn't see it as 29 pages to catch up, but more like 29 pages of incredible content. The story is far from over, in fact it's barely halfway through, which means you can still be a good part of it. I dearly hope that you will do me the favour, no, the honour of following this link and I'd be even more happy if some of you decide to catch up with the story. I swear on Forum of Thrones that you will not regret it. And now don't make me beg, just follow this link already ;)

• I'll definitely check it out. I've been hoping for a good Walking Dead story for a while.

At this point, I'd close the voting if there would be one This means, the next part will be out most likely tomorrow. I was hoping to clo

• I thought no hope sai his character list was full?

Anyway Monument is Awesome. Glad to hear its getting more support.

At this point, I'd close the voting if there would be one This means, the next part will be out most likely tomorrow. I was hoping to clo

• I thought no hope sai his character list was full?

As far as I know, he never said this. In fact, the character submission is still open. I have talked to Hope about the shout-out and he never mentioned anything about the character list being full either, so I don't think that's the case.

Anyway Monument is Awesome. Glad to hear its getting more support.

Yes. Yes, I agree so much with this! I really hope I'll manage to make the story more popular with those who had no idea of its existence until now.

I thought no hope sai his character list was full? Anyway Monument is Awesome. Glad to hear its getting more support.

• This is awesome and I hope you're going to enjoy it! It's a bit older, as I've mentioned, and started back when the Walking Dead stories were still going strong here in the forums, but it's still far from over. And over the time, Hope gained some massive experience while writing, which you have seen in Silicon and which is a development that is clearly evident in Monument. It makes me happy that I already managed to gain your curiosity with my shout-out :)

I'll definitely check it out. I've been hoping for a good Walking Dead story for a while.

• Wow, you answered fast. Nobody else talked to you all day?

Well i told him one time i would be willing to join if he did'nt have too many characters already. He seemed to agree.

But yes AWESOME. I hope Multiverse gets to that level one day.

I thought no hope sai his character list was full? As far as I know, he never said this. In fact, the character submission is still

• Wow, you answered fast. Nobody else talked to you all day?

No, it's more like nobody had a chance to talk to me all day. I've been busy again and the few bits I spend on my PC have been mostly used for finishing John's PoV. I'm currently working on catching up on everything that happened here today and then I'll head to bed =)

Well i told him one time i would be willing to join if he did'nt have too many characters already. He seemed to agree.

Now I'm curious, have you joined Monument as well? I can't recall seeing you there.

But yes AWESOME. I hope Multiverse gets to that level one day.

I'd say, Multiverse is on a very good way! Though actually, I would never compare two stories with each other, since your style is completely different from Hope's.

Wow, you answered fast. Nobody else talked to you all day? Well i told him one time i would be willing to join if he did'nt have too many characters already. He seemed to agree. But yes AWESOME. I hope Multiverse gets to that level one day.

• edited September 2016

Oh.....ok. Just remember to check later...... someone might have asked something very important........

Nope, and for this reason. I commented once saying this and he liked my comment in agreement.

Thank you. That was very kind of you to say.

AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! Who the hell is that userpic? Wtf did you do with Liquid foul demoness?!!!!

Wow, you answered fast. Nobody else talked to you all day? No, it's more like nobody had a chance to talk to me all day. I've been b

• Wow, it starts off in my home town of San Antonio. I guess that explains why there's been a sudden influx of zombies at the Target down the street.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.