Marvel Cinematic Universe Discussion Thread

Comments

• I'm also looking forward to Iron Fist and the Defenders. :D

So, I was checking up and it turns out Luke Cage premieres on Netflix in a few days. The other Netflix Marvel series have been fantastic, so I'm definitely looking forward to this series as well.

• This isn't exactly MCU, but has anyone ever watched The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes? I recommend it if you like the MCU.

• Here's a little help with the double posting: if your computer says "failed to post" or something like that, exit out of the forums and don't click post again. It'll be there, trust me. :)

((Double post...))

• After reading some of the Infinity Gauntlet comics I used to like Thanos character but now he stopped growing on me. Even when he controlled the whole universe and beyond.

• edited September 2016

Dude, it's being made by the MCU, the villains are portrayed by fantastic actors, Robert Downey JR is involved with the film and the writer of this movie is a fucking fantastic one. Plus the Russo Brothers are apparently involved with this movie. If this film sucks I will marinate and grill a hat and eat it.

EDIT: Plus, Vulture is apparently the only true villains in this movie. I think this movie will act like a comic book and just introduce the other two as 15-25 minute ordeals that Spidey has to overcome while learning to be a superhero, and Vulture is his first real challenge.

Wait, here's some news about SM: Homecoming. It's gonna have 3 villains Am I the only one worried this movie will turn out like Spider-Man 3 and Amazing Spider-Man 2?

• So anyone else hoping that the Marvel TV universe characters will fight alongside the Avengers and the Guardians of the Galaxy in Infinity War?

• Punisher & Black Widow

Daredevil & Captain America

Thor & Luke Cage

So anyone else hoping that the Marvel TV universe characters will fight alongside the Avengers and the Guardians of the Galaxy in Infinity War?

• I feel like it should be:

Jessica Jones and Black Widow

Daredevil and Spider-Man

Hulk and Luke Cage

Punisher & Black Widow Daredevil & Captain America Thor & Luke Cage

• Yeah but daredevil and Captain America are like minded. About the whole not killing, I think they'd get on well

I feel like it should be: Jessica Jones and Black Widow Daredevil and Spider-Man Hulk and Luke Cage

• edited September 2016

I really hope they don't do that. Mostly because it wouldn't make sense for the Defenders to be with them in space.

What I do hope happens is Fury is doing some sort of monologue about how the Avengers aren't the only ones fighting and that their are others who are willing to sacrifice themselves to protect the Earth, or Cap sends a message to the people of Earth to fight back (Something along those lines). Then it cuts to a montage of heroes (Spider-Man, The Defenders, Punisher, Agents of Shield, Ghost Rider, etc) and maybe even some regular people fighting back the invading forces.

All whilst the Avengers theme plays in the background.

So anyone else hoping that the Marvel TV universe characters will fight alongside the Avengers and the Guardians of the Galaxy in Infinity War?

• I like to think that instead of the Defenders joining the Avengers and Guardians of the Galaxy in Infinity War, they are staying on Earth to defend against a possible attack from Thanos' army.

That could be a good storyline for The Defenders Season 2.

But of course, I would love if they briefly shows the Defenders in the movie.

• I thought that would make sense too, kind of like in 2013's Infinity with the Mighty Avengers comic - have the Defenders and the Punisher a little out of their element, dealing with one or more of Thanos' underlings.

I also kind of hope that we see one or two of the AOS crew as well.

I like to think that instead of the Defenders joining the Avengers and Guardians of the Galaxy in Infinity War, they are staying on Earth to

• New trailer for Luke Cage

• Only four days left. I think I will stay away from the trailers as I did with Daredevil and Jessica Jones. :)

Pipas posted: »

New trailer for Luke Cage

• That would be fucking epic.

• edited September 2016

BTW, why does everyone think Vulture is gonna be the main villain of SM: Homecoming?

• Because they are not going to get Michael Keaton just to make him a minor villain.

BTW, why does everyone think Vulture is gonna be the main villain of SM: Homecoming?

• I had no idea the Vulture was a major Spidey villain...

lupinb0y posted: »

Because they are not going to get Michael Keaton just to make him a minor villain.

• Awesomeness overload

• 100th comment! (I know it's irrelevant XD)

• I just finished watching all episodes of Luke Cage. While I didn't enjoy this as much as Daredevil and Jessica Jones, the story is good, there are some good supporting characters and Luke Cage is a great protagonist to follow with a rich backstory.

For me personally, I think the reason why I didn't enjoy this season as much is because there is a lack of extremely memorable characters and antagonists. Daredevil have awesome characters like Wilson Fisk, Frank Castle and Stick. Jessica Jones has Kilgrave. But this is just my personal opinion.

But I am looking forward to see Luke again in The Defenders and how he interacts with Matt, Danny and reuniting with Jessica again.

• I saw a commercial for Dr Strange last night and it seems to be coming along well. Marvel has a talent for making awesome movies about the more niche heroes that aren't Spiderman, I'll say. :p

So far, I've only gotten around to watching the first episode of Luke Cage, but it seems pretty interesting so far. I wonder how I'll end up comparing it to Jessica Jones and Daredevil.

• Guardians of the Galaxy 2 Sneak Peek

• HYPE

Guardians of the Galaxy 2 Sneak Peek

• >Captain America

>not killing

Mate, did you forget about The First Avenger?

Yeah but daredevil and Captain America are like minded. About the whole not killing, I think they'd get on well

• Finished Luke Cage there, it's honestly up with Daredevil Season 1 as my favourite MCU Netflix show thus far, more excited for The Defenders now than ever before!

• LOVE how Hooked on a Feeling was used again!

• My only real problem with the show was the villain at the second half of the season. He just wasn't as interesting and engaging as Cottonmouth.

CathalOHara posted: »

Finished Luke Cage there, it's honestly up with Daredevil Season 1 as my favourite MCU Netflix show thus far, more excited for The Defenders now than ever before!

• Plus I'm fairly sure not everybody got out of that elevator alive in Winter Solider. Cap fucked those guys up really bad.

papai46 posted: »

>Captain America >not killing Mate, did you forget about The First Avenger?

• This trailer was probably my favorite Marvel trailer so far. Pretty hyped for this one, I loved the first movie!

• He kind of was. Electro, Shocker and Chameleon where Spidey's first minor threats in his career, Vulture was the first major villain who tested him to the limits since air combat wasn't his forte per say.

I had no idea the Vulture was a major Spidey villain...

• Because they confirmed him as such and he was shown in the official artwork as the main baddie Spidey is doing the tango with.

• Enjoying Luke 'Power Man' Cage so far, Netflix does great originals

• I hope that the trailer for Infinity War shows a plethora of different characters in quick cuts... huehuehue eeeeee :3

• Iron Fist trailer

Surprised nobody posted it already, it was released 2 weeks ago. :D

• Really excited for this one. The Final Defender is coming. :)

Btw, in Luke Cage, there are many moments where Luke is eating Chinese food. In Jessica Jones, Kilgrave made Jessica eat Chinese with him. In Daredevil, Matt is fighting ninja. I am sensing a Chinese conspiracy is going on. :P

Also I am wondering if the Defenders will eat Chinese food together, that will be amazing. :D

Pipas posted: »

Iron Fist trailer Surprised nobody posted it already, it was released 2 weeks ago.

• Ok, I was sick for a few days and bingewatched all the Netflix series (had only seen Daredevil S1 before). Jessica Jones was the best one imo, good protagonist, charming villain and a good set up for a later villain (Fury). Daredevil S2 was a bit too edgy for me, tried too hard to be like GoT/TWD (needlessly killing off characters left and right), but it had an interesting plot. Luke Cage bored the shit out of me. Cottonmouth was cool enough, but after he died the series became progressively worse. Diamondback is one of the worst villains I have ever seen, even by comic book standards. But it still had its moments.

• The first four episodes of DD season 2, was really engaging and awesome. But I feel that when Elektra enters, the season slows down. Season 2 was like a collection of stories that are loosely connected. But ultimately I enjoyed Daredevil Season 2 more than Luke Cage.

Ok, I was sick for a few days and bingewatched all the Netflix series (had only seen Daredevil S1 before). Jessica Jones was the best one im

Sign in to comment in this discussion.