Forum of Thrones: An Interactive Story

Comments

• Oh wow! That is so cool! Whoever did this for you, I am incredibly impressed and glad that they did this.

You're a clever devil Liquid. Striking me with fear for Kersea then throwing the embodiment of awesome at me.

The Voting is closed! Raenna is going to inspect the fire immediately This was not the most active voting, but I think the outcome is

• These are awesome! Kudos to whoever made them!

Hm. Book 3. I'd be really surprised if some of the characters now live that long.

The Voting is closed! Raenna is going to inspect the fire immediately This was not the most active voting, but I think the outcome is

• These are great! And if the cover of Book 3 hints at the Manwoodys getting a big role then I'm very happy :D Also, I think I prefer the "No King Above Me" to the words that were suggested to House Manwoody in my story, so I'll steal this motto to NW :p

• Some of them will live that long for sure. There are ongoing storylines that will continue to develop over the entirety of Book 2, before reaching their end in Book 3. However, many characters will indeed not live that long, some of them will probably be very surprising. I have plenty of death planned for the next chapters and Book 2 in general, so the current cast of characters is going to gradually get smaller.

These are awesome! Kudos to whoever made them! Hm. Book 3. I'd be really surprised if some of the characters now live that long.

• Sure, go ahead! I had these words prepared for over a year now and when NW started, I soon noticed that they are really fitting for your portrayal of King Albin. I even thought about suggesting them, though someone else was faster. Glad you like them though, I'd be honoured if you decide to use them!

And yes, this means that House Manwoody will take an important part in the events of Book 3. They won't be the only house of importance, but their sigil and words really make for an awesome connection to the content of Book 3 =)

These are great! And if the cover of Book 3 hints at the Manwoodys getting a big role then I'm very happy Also, I think I prefer the "No King Above Me" to the words that were suggested to House Manwoody in my story, so I'll steal this motto to NW

• Haha, yes, this is cool. And I was hoping for a complete mood swing with this post, by sharing these covers right after hinting at a really dark part. Seems I succeeded. It was a coincidence that I received them just this morning :)

AgentZ46 posted: »

Oh wow! That is so cool! Whoever did this for you, I am incredibly impressed and glad that they did this. You're a clever devil Liquid. Striking me with fear for Kersea then throwing the embodiment of awesome at me.

• Yes, they fit Albin extremely well, and I'm pretty sure I'll have him utter these words at one point or another =) And I wouldn't expect them to be the only important house, but being important enough to make it to the cover is already much more than I had anticipated!

Sure, go ahead! I had these words prepared for over a year now and when NW started, I soon noticed that they are really fitting for your por

• These are some pretty cool looking covers you got there. And RIP Kersea, about time Clayton actually lives up to his so called frightening demeanor.

• RIP Raylainsfair, where all the citizens die as the Ironborn set it ablaze.

Some of them will live that long for sure. There are ongoing storylines that will continue to develop over the entirety of Book 2, before re

• Kersea

With a glare towards the door that led outside, Kersea leant back against the wall and looked at her friend. “He can wait”, she said. “I rather spend more time with you” She gave Alysanne a smile and the other woman eventually reciprocated it.

“Alright, this is... nice”, she eventually answered and sighed. “Puppy, I'm sorry, okay. For not realizing it earlier” Kersea raised an eyebrow, trying to be as relaxed as possible. After today, she was tensed up more than ever before. It wasn't only what happened so far, it was more the horrible feeling that the worst was yet to come. “What do you mean?”, she asked.

“I tried to see you as if you'd be me”, Alysanne explained. “But I... that was selfish. Just wrong. I never want my friends to be like me” She sighed deeply. “Because once you're down there, nothing's going to save you”

Kersea frowned at these words. “That's how you see it?”, she asked. “You want to change, but you can't?” Alysanne gave her a nod. “I don't even know where to begin”, she answered and her sadness felt genuine, even though she obviously had no idea how to deal with it. She looked confused, almost scared and a wave of heartfelt pity almost threatened to overcome Kersea. “You can help me”, she offered. “Get rid of Clayton, free my sister, leave this rotten life together with me”

“And then what?”, Alysanne asked, a joyless smile on her face. “We go to the North, buy a little farm and live happily ever after? We grow vegetables in our little garden, you tend to the sheep, I cook the meal and in the evening, we cuddle by the fire, think our simple thoughts and dream our simple dreams?” She chuckled softly, although Kersea saw the glum expression in her eyes. “Is that really the kind of life you could ever see me having?”

“It wouldn't be a bad life”, Kersea argued and Alysanne smiled sweetly. “It would be a very good life”, she agreed, before she shook her head. “But it wouldn't be mine. Do you really think I could do this? Reject what I became? I've been fighting for all my life, killing, sometimes for survival, sometimes for money, eventually for fun” She looked up and her smile was all but gone. “And the worst part is that I know that this is not right. This is not how it's supposed to be. But it's how it is and I don't have the strength to change it”

Kersea felt a lump in her throat, as she took a step towards Alysanne. She stopped and tried to put on a hopeful smile. “Maybe it's worth a try”, she suggested and Alysanne's own smile returned. “Could you ever be like me?”, she asked and Kersea immediately shook her head. Alysanne chuckled sadly. “It's the other way round for me”, she continued. “No matter how much I want it, I'll never reach it” A smile flashed across her face, to hide the unsettling sadness. “I've always wanted what I can't have”

As she spoke, she glanced out of the window. “I believe that's why I like you so much”, she said and gave Kersea a stern look. “And why I envy you” Her confession took Kersea by surprise. “You envy me?”, she asked. “But there's... what is there to envy? Clayton, he... he doesn't hurt you”

“There were others and they did worse”, Alysanne mumbled. “Listen, I know this must sound strange. I know how you feel. Your home, your family, your old life, it has all been taken from you” She looked away again and out of the window, towards the sea. “But at least you had it to loose”

“Alysanne...”, Kersea mumbled softly, as she stepped next to her. She gently wrapped an arm around her friends shoulders. “You can still fight it. The temptation to give in to all of this”, Alysanne muttered. “That is something I admire. Something I envy. You still have a chance to get out of this and to get your happy ending”

“Both of us”, Kersea insisted, though Alysanne shook her head. “There won't be a happy ending for me”, she answered. “Just this life right now. And when my time has come, no one's going to mourn for me. At least that's how it should be” Kersea gulped. “I would”, she answered.

Alysanne looked at Kersea and smiled, openly and honestly. “You're special, Kersea Catelins, you know that, don't you?”, she said, before she bit her lip. “Puppy... uh, can I... can... you...” She sheepishly spread her arms, just a little bit. “I think I really need one right now”

With a warm smile, Kersea gave her a tight hug. She noticed that Alysanne tensed up, as she accidentally touched the bandages above the burned skin. Immediately, she tried to let go, though Alysanne tightly grabbed her forearms. “No”, she said. “This is worth it” She put her head onto Kersea's shoulder. “This is good... isn't it?”

“It is”, Kersea confirmed softly and she notice that Alysanne shivered. “Sometimes I wonder”, she said, her voice slightly muffled from speaking right into Kersea's shoulder. “Wonder where it all went wrong. Wonder if it has ever been different. Then I focus on the next mission and it all feels so simple. Laughable. Friendship? Love? Why, I think, I got so far without it, just fine. Never had it, never needed it” She looked up and her voice shivered, if just for a moment. “And the worst thing is, in moments like this one, I know how wrong it all is and how right it will seem again soon. And that I am powerless to change it” She pause momentarily. “Out there, when I killed Rayden's fuckers, it felt as if nothing was missing. I felt strong and I felt more alive than I truly am”

“I am your friend”, Kersea swore quickly. “Now and forever. Nothing is wrong about that one” Alysanne smiled. “And I love you for it, puppy”, she answered. “With all my heart, for what it's worth” They remained like this for a moment and Kersea wondered how their roles have changed. Back then, when Alysanne first tried to be her friend, she had accepted because she needed someone in her life. Now it was the other way around. Now Kersea noticed just how much Alysanne needed her. It was a strange feeling, actually being needed. It was a good feeling.

“KERSEA!”, a loud, impatient and angry voice sounded from outside. Alysanne sighed softly and as she looked up, her expression had changed. That was the Alysanne Kersea knew right there, not the vulnerable, damaged girl she hid inside, but the confident, yet broken woman. “How fucking rude”, she chuckled. “Clay's got no sense of privacy”

“Rude?”, Kersea asked. “You think Clayton is rude?” She raised an eyebrow and her smirk was entirely joyless. If anything, Alysanne's sudden mood swing and her gross understatement almost brought tears to her eyes. Her friend gave her a nod, nothing left of her earlier sadness. Once anew, Kersea had to ask herself who the real Alysanne was. The wounded young woman she had just held in her arms, or the cold-blooded killer that smiled at her? “Yeah, but he's not too bad once you get to know him”, she said. “Of course, my definition of bad. Trust me, I know some real killers and Clayton is nothing against them” She patted Kersea onto both shoulders. “Come on, go to him. It can't be too bad”

Now, Kersea chuckled. She knew it would be bad, probably even worse. She had taken it too far, but if she'd be able to repeat the past weeks, she'd do it all again. Somehow, Alysanne's smile boosted her confidence and without fear, she turned towards the door. If he'd try to kill her, she wouldn't go without a fight. “Yeah”, she said, as she walked towards the stairs. “We'll see about that”

“Puppy!”, Alysanne called as Kersea had reached the door. She turned around and found her friend smiling at her. “Thank you”, she told her. “For what you said. For... being you” She sighed and Kersea could swear that Alysanne's cheeks had gotten a slightly rosy colour. “And... I want you to know that I am your friend”, she mumbled. “Now and forever. No matter what happens”

Kersea's smile grew wider, before she turned around again. “KERSEA!”, Clayton yelled and she sighed. “Guess it's time”, she muttered and started to walk. Despite her newly found confidence, she noticed that her heart was beating faster, that cold sweat covered her forehead and that her fists were clenched to the point where they were hurting. Not even the thought of the dagger dangling on her belt was able to calm her down.

Clayton was waiting for her in front of the tower. His anger made him look taller than he truly was, the fierce glare in his single eye sent shivers down her spine. His facial expression was remarkably composed though, which only added to her growing sense of fear. He had his arms crossed, though she saw that he held something in his hand, a small package, wrapped in linen.

“Clayton”, she said and gave him a nod. He did not reciprocate the gesture. “Finally decided to show your face”, he growled. “What took you so long?” Kersea shrugged. “I was talking to Alysanne”, she answered and he gave her a cruel smile. “And what could that psychopath possibly talk about? It's all revolving around killing for her, about to cause pain in herself and others. I'd say she's the least interesting person I know”

Kersea raised an eyebrow. “She's still better than you”, she answered confidently. Clayton barely reacted, though through the momentary widening of his eyes, she knew he had at least noticed the insult. “Are you really that petty?I should have expected it. After all, we only have this talk because of your pettiness”, he said and now she got a clear look on the package he held in his hand. It was small, so small that she had not idea what it could be. “What about?”, she asked. “And what is this?”

“We'll get to this later”, Clayton said harshly. “First, we need to talk about your behaviour during the last weeks” Kersea gulped and instinctively took a step back. The way she had positioned herself caused her to bumble against the wall of the old lighthouse.

When she did not answer, he continued. “First, there's your failure to kill a simple servicemaid. The Harking girl has grown into a nuisance ever since. That lackwit bitch caught Septon Corbin, nearly compromising our entire mission”, he growled. Now, she looked up. “The girl was Wolfius' target”, she defended herself, though Clayton shook his head. “But it was your weakness that brought him into this position”, he barked. “Besides, we already dealt with him. He will hang”

Now, he sighed. “You saved Alysanne during the warehouse incident, against my order”, he stated and Kersea sent a glare towards him. “She is my friend”, she snarled and her tone grew more vicious. “You can't possibly think I'd leave her”

“You should have”, Clayton answered. “It was an order. Alysanne she... is a liability” Kersea narrowed her eyes. “You mean she got too close to me, that's what you want to say, huh?”, she spat. Without missing a beat, Clayton gave her a nod. “She made you a liability”, he corrected himself. “Without your petty defiance, we wouldn't have gotten to this point”

“Alysanne had nothing to do with this”, Kersea claimed. “This is between you and me only” To this, Clayton sombrely shook his head. “This has never been just about you and me”, he said calmly. “This is about your actions and how they endanger our entire mission”

“Your mission”, Kersea corrected him. “Not mine. What do you think I'd do? You decided to drag me into this after your thug slaughtered my family!” To this accusation, Clayton looked genuinely hurt, though he quickly regained his composure. “Butterfly's thug. I had nothing to do with this”, he defended himself. “I offered you a new life. If only you would have accepted it... I would have been good to you”

Her glare quickly silenced him and she had to suppress the urge to attack him right here. This bastard! “How dare you?”, she growled. “How dare you! After what you did! You still dare putting the blame on me?”

“Yes I do!”, Clayton responded, not any less fierce. “For saving the people in the alleyway when we captured Wolfius, forcing me to leave two witnesses! For killing Septon Corbin, preventing me from making an example of him! For... For killing Rayden!”

“I thought you wanted him dead”, Kersea answered with a tone of fake sweetness and his glare got even more vicious. “He was not yours to kill!”, he snapped at her. “After what he did to me, this was my right an mine alone!” After this short outburst of anger, terrifying enough to silence Kersea, he seemed to calm down. “The last one did not influence our talk. That one would have happened either way, after all the things you did. But I admit, it makes the following a lot more pleasant for me”

Kersea gulped. “What do you mean?”, she asked and finally, an unsettling smile formed on his face. “Just as promised, I've told Butterfly about everything. Today, I received a raven in return”, he answered and raised the package. “He brought something and... I've got a gift for you” He reached out, holding the package closer to her, while she narrowed her eyes. “What is this?”, she managed to press through her clenched teeth, her heart beating furiously. Clayton gave her an amused wink. “Just open it”, he answered.

Reluctantly, Kersea grabbed the package. It was cold and hard and as she held it closely, she noticed the smell... Her eyes widened. “No”, she mumbled with a shivering voice, as she hastily started to unwrap the bandages around the object. As soon as she realized what it was, she let out a single, shrill scream and quickly let go of it. The package fell to the ground, the bandages sliding off it in the process, revealing a human hand. Not just any hand, but the tiny, severed right hand of a child.

“Briar!”, Kersea gasped, as she went to her knees. Instantly, tears welled up in her eyes. “No... no, no, no!” Kneeling on the ground, her forearms pressed onto the dirt, Kersea raised her head. “NO!”, she screamed in despair, while tears streamed down her face. This couldn't be! This mustn't be! Staring at her sisters severed hand, all Kersea was able to do was to sob and wail.

And to the sight of her breakdown, Clayton only chuckled. “Told you”, he said and her glare cut through him like a dagger. “You”, she hissed. “YOU!” she jumped up and through a veil of tears, she slammed her fists onto his chest. Her despair was stronger than her rage and her punches lacked any strength. Nonetheless, Clayton grabbed her and viciously slammed her backwards, against the wall of the lighthouse.

“Have I not warned you what would happen, the consequences of your defiance?”, he asked. “Time and again, have I not told you what Butterfly would do to your sister? Have I not given you a fair chance to follow my orders?” He looked at her, distraught, drowning in tears and lacking any will to struggle in his painfully firm grip. A thin smile formed on his face, as depraved as it was genuinely joyful. “By the gods”, he gasped. “You've never looked more beautiful” Then, without warning, he leaned in and kissed her.

For the first second, Kersea lacked the will to resist. Her stomach turned as he pressed his lips onto hers and she froze in terror. It wasn't a soft kiss, it was a harsh one, strong and wild enough that her panic grew even more. He forced her mouth open with his hand, his tongue meeting hers. Only as she felt his other hand wandering down her body did she snap back to her senses. Heavily, she bit down and though he managed to pull his tongue back quick enough, she got a hold of his lower lip and just a second later, she could taste his blood.

Clayton howled in pain and without missing a beat, he slammed his fist into her stomach. The second punch was fuelled by his pain and rage, strong enough to press the air out of her lungs and to force her to gasp in agony. Clayton stumbled backwards, pressing a hand onto his heavily bleeding lip. The blood Kersea spat onto the ground wasn't entirely his though. She went onto all fours, as physical and emotional pain overcame her, her eyes locked onto Briar's hand.

“You whore!”, he screamed, before he howled incoherent fragments of words. “Nearly took my lip!” He turned around and kicked her into the ribs without holding back. The force of his new attack hit her fully, especially as she did nothing to defend herself. A high-pitched scream came out of her throat as she fell to the ground, her face right next to the severed hand. Then, he reached down, to violently grab her hair. He pulled her up, just as he crouched down himself. His vicious glare met her defeated, pleading stare, as his free hand painfully squeezed her lower jaw.

“No...”, he finally sighed and let go of her. Immediately, Kersea sank back onto all fours. “No, that's not worth it” Slowly, Kersea's right hand wandered closer towards her belt, where her dagger was still dangling. Clayton noticed it immediately. “You know it's not too late”, he urged her and his softness was worse than his anger. “Your sister is still alive”

This caused her to stop and Clayton smiled coldly. “Oh yes, she's still alive and she still has her other hand”, he whispered. “According to Butterfly, she's in a stable condition” Disturbingly gentle, he started to stroke her hair, while bitter tears poured down her cheeks. “Briar...”, she gasped. “Oh god, oh no...”

“Don't blame me”, Clayton said. “Blame only yourself, my beautiful Kersea. You decided to be a stupid little girl, so your stupid little sister suffered” Without warning, he grabbed her hair again and pulled her closer, so that he was able to whisper into her ear. She felt his warm breath on her skin, felt him trembling with arousal, while she shivered in pain, disgust, sorrow and utter fear.

“You ruined Briar's life, but it could always be worse. Consider this a warning”, he whispered, as he grabbed her face once more, forcing her to look at him. The sight of him was more terrifying than anything Kersea could have ever imagined and it caused her to wail in fear. “You will be reunited with your sister. Do what I say and she won't be harmed any further”, he explained softly. “Fuck up, just one more time, and you will be reunited as well, just... piece... by... piece”

When she did not react beyond an empty stare, he chuckled. “Oh my love, you should be happy, because there will only be one last mission before you get to see your sister again”, he promised. “One last kill, Kersea Catelins”

Her gaze met his, as she tried not to faint from the continuing pain, but even more from the panic that had firmly grabbed her, that made it nearly impossible to breathe. He had promised it. He had told her that Briar would pay the price and she had ignored him. She had saved these people, she had given mercy to Corbin, even to Rayden. And now Briar had paid for it. A new wave of tears welled up in her eyes, as she sobbed desperately. What kind of a sister was she, what kind of a person, that she would allow her sweet Briar to suffer?

“Whom?”, she mumbled tonelessly and Clayton gave her a gentle pat onto the shoulder. She cringed under his touch and had to resist the urge to crawl away from him. Her empty gaze was still set onto the severed limb on the ground. She felt its loss as if it was her own. “Whom shall I kill?”, she gasped again. She hated herself for saying these words, but there was no other way. She was out of options.

“Good girl”, Clayton complimented her. “That's how I like you. That's how I always wanted you to be. So obedient, so eager to please me...” He chuckled once more. “There are two targets this time and they are of utmost importance. Two knights who have drawn his ire in Oldtown. They mustn't live”

Once again he moved his mouth close to her ear. “So that's why we're going to work together, you and me. Each of us kills one of them” His cold smile sent shivers down her spine. “My target will be a certain Leonard Constantine”, he explained. “You're going to kill Lucas Flowers”

No Choices for this part

• Goddamnit.

Why is everyone against Leonard? The man can't get a break. Lucas, I can understand, he's a real bastard, but the Stately? When I heard the 'one last kill', his name came to my mind, and I was kind of correct.

I guess this is the hand of the girl the city guard found? Regardless seems Liquid is going through his child body part phase.

Clayton the Creep. Yuck. I wish Kersea or Clayton or Alysanne or any combination of them got killed.

Kersea With a glare towards the door that led outside, Kersea leant back against the wall and looked at her friend. “He can wait”, she sa

• edited September 2016

Why is everyone against Leonard? The man can't get a break. Lucas, I can understand, he's a real bastard, but the Stately? When I heard the 'one last kill', his name came to my mind, and I was kind of correct.

Well, Mullendore wants him dead just as much as he wants Lucas dead. They know the truth, so they are the biggest threat to his plans. Though, technically the 'one last kill' for Kersea is Lucas, while Leonard is going to have a problem with Clayton. There's no doubt that he got it worse than Lucas this time though, since Clayton is far more dangerous than Kersea.

I guess this is the hand of the girl the city guard found? Regardless seems Liquid is going through his child body part phase.

You are right, this is the missing hand from the dead girl the city guard found earlier. In my opinion at least, it makes Clayton's actions in this part even worse. Butterfly never sent him a raven containing Briar's hand. In fact, he would have never done that, since you may remember that he actually had a bit of a soft spot for the girl and treated her well. In fact, I think I can now confirm that Mullendore never even stated any intention to harm Briar, that was something Clayton came up with to control Kersea's actions. Right here, he went out of his way to kill and mutilate a completely random girl just so that he could keep Kersea in line. It was a desperate final effort to manipulate and break her after she resisted him for so long and it seems he had some success here.

Clayton the Creep. Yuck. I wish Kersea or Clayton or Alysanne or any combination of them got killed.

From your position, I can understand how you feel on this. We'll see how you feel after a certain later part has been written. Maybe it'll change how you feel, for the better or the worse.

Goddamnit. Why is everyone against Leonard? The man can't get a break. Lucas, I can understand, he's a real bastard, but the Stately? Whe

• Well RIP Leonard. It was nice knowing ya.

Kersea With a glare towards the door that led outside, Kersea leant back against the wall and looked at her friend. “He can wait”, she sa

• This is beautiful. Whoever did this is a truly amazing person. I can't even imagine how it feels for you to see them in person. From here it looks like paperback so I'm guessing it took the maker days to get perfectly. Also 'm guessing that unless the maker is from the future the pages are blank so they spent extra time stitching them together. That's what you call dedication!!!

Also its your birthday? AWESOME Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) You have always been one of my closest friends here Liquid. I honestly would feel worse in my life if not for the joy you and the other guys bring. You deserve happiness and I hope one day life can truly reward you for all the joy, kindness and friendship you have brought me and the other readers of this story or just anyone who you have met in the forum at all. Happy Birthday! And I may it be the beginning of many years filled with happiness for you and those you love :).

• So Clayton is not even trying to hide the fact that he wants to enslave her and turn her into his assassin/personal eager prostitute? Wow...ok.

So tell me, currently would you prefer a violent quick death where he quickly realizes all his life was pointless and dies humiliated or a long drawn out Ramsey-style torture that lasts for a few days?

I kinda wish that we could have both. Just have a red priestess bring him back after he dies only for him to be captured by his enemies and tortured slowly for several months.

• NOOOOOOOOOOO! Leave Kersa alone! As much as the thought pains me, I'm gonna do everything I can to have Kersea retain her humanity, even if it costs her, her life.

I'm trying figure out at what point Kersea's parts started terrifying me. Kersea's definitely one of my favourite POV's but every part I fear for Kersea and Alysanne's lives.

• You have my support on this quest.

NOOOOOOOOOOO! Leave Kersa alone! As much as the thought pains me, I'm gonna do everything I can to have Kersea retain her humanity, even if

• Actually, I've expected someone to die, really. :-c

Part was nice anyway, showing Clayton as sick he really is and in his true form. For a moment there I though he may get even more brutal and simply do some nasty things to her.

• Clayton is the biggest shit in the Seven Kingdoms, this part confirms it. However, I'm really interested on how will this go for Lucas and Leonard.

And I'm also very interested to see what exactly will happen to Alysanne, because she has certainly gone through very interesting character development.

• I think it is photoshop. At least I hope it is photoshop, because that would be an insane amount of work otherwise. Also, I'm pretty sure a full paperback edition of Book 1 would be thicker. Book 1 is at roughly 1000 pages now, give or take a few, while this looks more like 500 tops. So no, photoshop, which is very impressive regardless.

And no, no, no you got that wrong, it is not my birthday today! This was just something this reader wanted to create and to share with me. My birthday is on the 17th of June, so there's still some time until congratulations would be in order ;)

Lord_EAA posted: »

This is beautiful. Whoever did this is a truly amazing person. I can't even imagine how it feels for you to see them in person. From here it

• No concern for Lucas? I mean, he's up against Kersea now and she's in a pretty desperate situation.

Bounden posted: »

Well RIP Leonard. It was nice knowing ya.

• So Clayton is not even trying to hide the fact that he wants to enslave her and turn her into his assassin/personal eager prostitute? Wow...ok.

He never really hid this. While he was more subtle when they first met, his obsession grew worse every time she rejected him. He wants to use her like a tool. There's no doubt that Clayton couldn't care less for Kersea as an actual person, he just sees her as something he wants to have and to use, for whatever he wants. He's also in a position where he doesn't have to hide this, since he is clearly more powerful than her.

So tell me, currently would you prefer a violent quick death where he quickly realizes all his life was pointless and dies humiliated or a long drawn out Ramsey-style torture that lasts for a few days?

You really don't like Clayton, huh? Well, I can't tell you what I would prefer, since that might be a spoiler, considering that I'm the one who writes his eventual fate. However, I think he really deserves something bad. Might be up to your votes to bring him down.

So Clayton is not even trying to hide the fact that he wants to enslave her and turn her into his assassin/personal eager prostitute? Wow...

• I don't know, maybe there's a choice as Kersea to kill him or not, although I'm not entirely sure that would happen, as in reality, I don't think she would spare Lucas.

Although, Lucas, compared to Leonard, gets a less dangerous assassin who is morally conflicted, and is now under the protection of the daughter of a king. Granted he does have some pretty bad injuries, but still.

No concern for Lucas? I mean, he's up against Kersea now and she's in a pretty desperate situation.

• NOOOOOOOOOOO! Leave Kersa alone! As much as the thought pains me, I'm gonna do everything I can to have Kersea retain her humanity, even if it costs her, her life.

I've expected you to say that. And I must say, I really feel pity for Kersea by now. She' deserve a break, but unfortunately she can't seem to catch one. As for Kersea and her humanity, the last word might not be spoken on this. Her past choices defined her as a pretty moral person, considering the circumstances, and now she is forced to give up on her morals against her will. I doubt her defiance is all but gone. Right now, the shock of what she just learned is stronger than any moral, but we'll see how she's going to act once she had time to calm down.

I'm trying figure out at what point Kersea's parts started terrifying me. Kersea's definitely one of my favourite POV's but every part I fear for Kersea and Alysanne's lives.

Heh, this is an appropriate reaction. Kersea (and Alysanne as well for that matter) are both in pretty huge danger around Clayton, so fearing for their lives can't be wrong. And I tried to convey the terror Kersea feels in many of her parts (especially in this one), so it's nice knowing that I succeeded.

NOOOOOOOOOOO! Leave Kersa alone! As much as the thought pains me, I'm gonna do everything I can to have Kersea retain her humanity, even if

• Well, Mullendore wants him dead just as much as he wants Lucas dead. They know the truth, so they are the biggest threat to his plans. Though, technically the 'one last kill' for Kersea is Lucas, while Leonard is going to have a problem with Clayton. There's no doubt that he got it worse than Lucas this time though, since Clayton is far more dangerous than Kersea.

Yikes.

You are right, this is the missing hand from the dead girl the city guard found earlier. In my opinion at least, it makes Clayton's actions in this part even worse. Butterfly never sent him a raven containing Briar's hand. In fact, he would have never done that, since you may remember that he actually had a bit of a soft spot for the girl and treated her well. In fact, I think I can now confirm that Mullendore never even stated any intention to harm Briar, that was something Clayton came up with to control Kersea's actions. Right here, he went out of his way to kill and mutilate a completely random girl just so that he could keep Kersea in line. It was a desperate final effort to manipulate and break her after she resisted him for so long and it seems he had some success here.

Yikes, again. Man is he screwed up.

From your position, I can understand how you feel on this. We'll see how you feel after a certain later part has been written. Maybe it'll change how you feel, for the better or the worse.

You got me interested. Maybe one of them kills someone I like or not. I'll keep my eye out, like Lucas (pun intended).

Why is everyone against Leonard? The man can't get a break. Lucas, I can understand, he's a real bastard, but the Stately? When I heard the

• Actually, I've expected someone to die, really. :-c

I'm sorry to ruin your expectations =) Though trust me, there will be enough death sooner or later. Right now, this was Clayton's last try to turn Kersea into the weapon he wants, but if this would have failed, he would have killed her.

Part was nice anyway, showing Clayton as sick he really is and in his true form. For a moment there I though he may get even more brutal and simply do some nasty things to her.

Oh yes, this was Clayton in his true form. He maintained at least a hint of affability before, but he gave up on acting civil now. And well, Kersea had the same thought, that he would do some pretty bad things to her this time and it's probably good that she was wrong. Actually, Clayton himself thought the same until he managed to control himself again.

Mathea posted: »

Actually, I've expected someone to die, really. :-c Part was nice anyway, showing Clayton as sick he really is and in his true form. For a moment there I though he may get even more brutal and simply do some nasty things to her.

• Oh ok cool.

Oh.............ok so i missunderstood but everything i said was still true regarless :).

I think it is photoshop. At least I hope it is photoshop, because that would be an insane amount of work otherwise. Also, I'm pretty sure a

• Clayton is the biggest shit in the Seven Kingdoms, this part confirms it. However, I'm really interested on how will this go for Lucas and Leonard.

No arguing here. I think I mentioned it ages ago, that Clayton is the one character that truly disgusts me. I can manage to find humanizing traits even in messed up people like Harlan Hoare, while truly evil characters like Wolfius or Harren are at least very entertaining for me, albeit in a dark way. Clayton meanwhile, he makes me uncomfortable, because he's such a manipulative shitbag. But yeah, the situation for Lucas and Leonard is going to be very interesting, that much I can confirm.

And I'm also very interested to see what exactly will happen to Alysanne, because she has certainly gone through very interesting character development.

Oh, this is nice to hear :) I know Alysanne is a very conflicting character at best, so I'm trying to make her at least interesting. She's in the process of some pretty big development for the better, but she's far from done with it.

Clayton is the biggest shit in the Seven Kingdoms, this part confirms it. However, I'm really interested on how will this go for Lucas and L

• Well yeah but he's going all out now.

Yeah im surpring myself here. I mean he's such a likable guy with so many positive qualities.

Even you have told me several times how you openly hate him as a person for being abusive and cruel, i believe i remember you descrbing him as 'that abusive piece of shit' after declaring him the most personaly disliked character you have written.

So Clayton is not even trying to hide the fact that he wants to enslave her and turn her into his assassin/personal eager prostitute? Wow...

• Lucas-who?

No concern for Lucas? I mean, he's up against Kersea now and she's in a pretty desperate situation.

• I don't know, maybe there's a choice as Kersea to kill him or not, although I'm not entirely sure that would happen, as in reality, I don't think she would spare Lucas.

Indeed, there is little reason for her to spare Lucas, if she actually manages to overpower him. She is faced with the choice to save her only remaining family, or to save a completely random stranger and she picked the option most people would pick in her situation. It is unlikely I would leave this open for a choice.

Although, Lucas, compared to Leonard, gets a less dangerous assassin who is morally conflicted, and is now under the protection of the daughter of a king. Granted he does have some pretty bad injuries, but still.

You got a point. Clayton is theoretically more dangerous than Kersea, though Kersea is desperate and certainly at a point where she'd even be willing to risk her own life to finish the mission. Clayton meanwhile has a strong survival instinct, so if things would get heated, he might retreat rather than risk anything. In terms of actual danger, I'd say both knights got it similar. Leonard got a ruthless and experienced assassin who has no moral conflicts at all (or just morals, for that case), while Lucas got a morally conflicted, yet desperate assassin who is absolutely determined to finish this mission. Also, keep in mind that Argella certainly doesn't expect that Mullendore has assassins in the city, so her protection doesn't mean much in this situation.

I don't know, maybe there's a choice as Kersea to kill him or not, although I'm not entirely sure that would happen, as in reality, I don't

• Yikes, again. Man is he screwed up.

Oh yes. In many ways, Clayton is the most screwed-up character in the entire story. This is something I've been building up for a while now, but I think he really showed his true self in this part.

You got me interested. Maybe one of them kills someone I like or not. I'll keep my eye out, like Lucas (pun intended).

We'll see. I can reveal that the next chapter will be the one where it's all going to be decided. It's a chapter I'm looking forward for in general, but this subplot is likely going to be a highlight in terms of emotions, which is, unfortunately, not necessarily a good thing.

Well, Mullendore wants him dead just as much as he wants Lucas dead. They know the truth, so they are the biggest threat to his plans. Thoug

• Time to have Kersea try to keep her morals, and possibly sacrificing her life. It would be interesting to see how this pushes the character development of Alysanne, Raenna, and Terroma. Alysanne will either become a good person and avenge her, or just fall back into her pit of self pity and murder. I hope she becomes good because otherwise all this growth she has gone through would be kinda pointless. Raenna or Terroma will probably take up the older sister or dad role and raise Briar. Can't wait to see what is to come.

• I have said that indeed and I fully mean it. If anything, he has only gotten worse in my own opinion and I think he even became more evil than his submission originally was. I mean, he always was a dark character, a cunning, ruthless master assassin who abandoned most of his morals long ago, but his ever growing obsession with Kersea, arguably the thing that motivates his worst actions, comes entirely from me. He is one of the characters that are meant to be hated. Not in a 'love-to-hate' way, like I try with some of the other villains, just hated.

Well yeah but he's going all out now. Yeah im surpring myself here. I mean he's such a likable guy with so many positive qualities. Ev

• Goodjob then. Every single one of us hates the guy.

I have said that indeed and I fully mean it. If anything, he has only gotten worse in my own opinion and I think he even became more evil th

• Oh cool, we definitely agree here. Lets build towards that together then :).

Bounden posted: »

Time to have Kersea try to keep her morals, and possibly sacrificing her life. It would be interesting to see how this pushes the character

• Well, that took me long enough :D If I'm not completely mistaken, he was initially a somewhat better liked character, though I never quite got the reasons. Whatever it was, he definitely shouldn't have it any longer now.

Goodjob then. Every single one of us hates the guy.

• edited September 2016

Damn look at the production value =)

Haven't lurked around here for a while (have some catching up to do), but i'm exited to see it's still going. and this makes me even more exited for book 2

Keep up the good work

• The Reynes, my babies! I'm super excited to see them in action, it's amazing news.

And the books look really amazing. WHoever did this is a great man.

• The moment when Alysanne and Kersea hugged was extremely cute c:

But then Clayton ruined everything. Sick bastard! For a second I though that he would actually rape her.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.