Forum of Thrones: An Interactive Story

Comments

• Yes, Kersea, Richard can get revenge...and die in the process.

Technically, Kersea spared his life, something Richard even acknowledged, if I'm not completely mistaken. If he hasn't outright acknowledged it in the story, then it is something he at least heavily suspects, because he knows he has been at her mercy but still survived. As a result, his opinion on Kersea is not as negative as his opinion on some of the others. The one he truly has a grudge with is Wolfius and by extension, Clayton, even though he doesn't really know anything about the latter.

So I think Hal is actually better off this way, and I believe Alan can be saved and Richard can potentially save some other characters.

Hm, interesting theory. Very interesting theory. It currently seems like the other option is going to win, but in any case, the alternative choices at the end of the chapter should reveal a bit more about this choice and the possible consequences.

[Leave him and run after Alan] Yes, good Alan, good. Doing what incompetent Richard can not. Hal is fine under the bed. If anything, b

• Technically, Kersea spared his life, something Richard even acknowledged, if I'm not completely mistaken. If he hasn't outright acknowledged it in the story, then it is something he at least heavily suspects, because he knows he has been at her mercy but still survived. As a result, his opinion on Kersea is not as negative as his opinion on some of the others. The one he truly has a grudge with is Wolfius and by extension, Clayton, even though he doesn't really know anything about the latter.

I know that, but you know, I assume Richard wouldn't be all hugs and kisses with Kersea should he encounter her, assuming he even would even recognize her.

Hm, interesting theory. Very interesting theory. It currently seems like the other option is going to win, but in any case, the alternative choices at the end of the chapter should reveal a bit more about this choice and the possible consequences.

When you say "interesting theory" I either think I am onto something or I am completely off. But if I am right and I voted for the better choice I will rub it in.

Remember people, if we try to carry Hal we get captured, he dies and Richard gets screwed, Alan gets eaten by the beast or killed by the Second Sons, and Lucas dies.

Yes, Kersea, Richard can get revenge...and die in the process. Technically, Kersea spared his life, something Richard even acknowled

• Hi Liquid, I recently created a character but I realize that I made some mistakes regarding the time in which the story is set. So I'm sorry about that and I was hoping to change that.

His backstory can be tweaked by changing the Lord he served under and his family were killed by the traitors working for a neighboring kingdom. He was captured during the ambush but escaped.

You are completely free to submit any character you want. Since the main location of Book 1 will be in the Reach, with the Riverlands as a c

• Hi! Welcome to the story and welcome to the forum as well. I'm glad you decided to submit a character, thank you very much :)

I think your character is nicely done, so I'm looking forward to put him into the story. I see that thing you mentioned, but changing that shouldn't be much of a problem, especially with this solution your brought up. I typically avoid discussing the characters here in the public thread, since I don't want to reveal any spoilers about them to the other readers, so I will go into more detail in a private message, which I am going to send you in a few minutes. There, we can talk more freely about your character and about this change you proposed.

Since you are new to the forums: This private message will show up in your feed after I sent it (Which I will likely do in 10-15 minutes). To access your feed, you can go to your profile (which you can access by clicking onto your username in the upper right corner) and click on "feed" in the upper left corner, above your profile picture. Alternatively, you can follow this link to directly get to your feed: https://telltale.com/profile/feed

• I know that, but you know, I assume Richard wouldn't be all hugs and kisses with Kersea should he encounter her, assuming he even would even recognize her.

You assume very correctly. Richard certainly won't be hugs and kisses with Kersea in any way. However, neither would he attack her on sight and not only because he knows that she is likely better than him (which she is), but also because he has sensed, in a way, that he probably owes his life to her, or that at the very least, something is not as it seems with her. He would also certainly recognize her, as he has met her three times before. If they were to meet again, things would be very tense, perhaps even a bit hostile from his side, but violence is far from the only option there.

When you say "interesting theory" I either think I am onto something or I am completely off. But if I am right and I voted for the better choice I will rub it in.

This is your good right and I would do nothing less in your position. And I can confirm, you are indeed either right or completely off. As said, the alternative choices will tell you which exactly.

Remember people, if we try to carry Hal we get captured, he dies and Richard gets screwed, Alan gets eaten by the beast or killed by the Second Sons, and Lucas dies.

That said, Richard is just one man and a very common one at that, so saving Alan from the beast and the Second Sons and saving Lucas from Kersea might be a bit much for him. First, he has to get to Raylansfair, which will be a big piece of work on its own.

Technically, Kersea spared his life, something Richard even acknowledged, if I'm not completely mistaken. If he hasn't outright acknowledged

• The Voting is closed!

Richard is going to carry Hal to safety

Once again, a choice where I am not too surprised about the outcome. I did not really expect a majority of you to leave Hal behind and my plans for the future of Richard's storyline in this chapter include him. That said, you can't be sure if this is truly the better choice of course, because now, Richard has to carry a wounded guy all by himself, while potentially getting chased by bandits. I guess Richard's next part is going to show you the consequences. Richard won't have the longest storyline in this chapter as well, so his next part may take me a little bit of time.

The next part is hopefully going to be out today, but since I have some other things to take care of, it might just take me until tomorrow. But well, there is something to look forward for, because this next part is going to feature the return of a PoV that hasn't been seen in a very long time. I'm speaking of Torvin, whose last PoV has been written over a year ago, towards the middle of Chapter 5. Much has changed since then and his PoV should give us a glimpse of that. There is also going to be a second PoV, which is going to be John. I have almost finished Torvin's PoV and I hope to start working on John's directly afterwards. In any case, it's still a bit of writing left to do, so I can't promise I'll finish it before tomorrow, though I'm sure it won't take much longer than that. Hope you enjoy :)

• I must say the new banner looks really cool! I like the background of it, but I can't really figure out what it is.

The Voting is closed! Richard is going to carry Hal to safety Once again, a choice where I am not too surprised about the outcome. I d

• Not sure if it is because I'm slightly colorblind or it's just bad combination of colors(probably both), but I hardly see the text on the new banner, altough the background is cool :)

The Voting is closed! Richard is going to carry Hal to safety Once again, a choice where I am not too surprised about the outcome. I d

• Hm, I can see it quite clearly, though I suppose the right part of the banner, with the combination of dark green and dark gold might be a bit hard to read in some cases. But yeah, I'm enjoying it, glad to hear you do as well =)

Not sure if it is because I'm slightly colorblind or it's just bad combination of colors(probably both), but I hardly see the text on the new banner, altough the background is cool

• I'm glad you like it. The banner has been designed by @NoHopeLeft, quite a while ago actually, so it's him who deserves all the praise for it. I've always wanted to update the main post in a pretty huge way and include the banner in the process, but never seemed to have the time for that. Now, I have decided just to put the banner in and to update the main post once I have finished the wiki. As for the background, it is green leather, meant to look like the back of an old book.

Bounden posted: »

I must say the new banner looks really cool! I like the background of it, but I can't really figure out what it is.

• edited November 2016

Double post, sorry.

Not sure if it is because I'm slightly colorblind or it's just bad combination of colors(probably both), but I hardly see the text on the new banner, altough the background is cool

• You are not color blind, it's also gave me troubles to look at it at first. Sadly colors does not match that we'll, making it hard to preview. It would be much better with some more contrasting colours or at least the stroke surrounding the text.

If Liquid would want to, I could present my interpretation of this logo in more pleasant for eye colouring.

• I'm pretty sure the colors are what they are because those are the colors of House Raylan.

Mathea posted: »

You are not color blind, it's also gave me troubles to look at it at first. Sadly colors does not match that we'll, making it hard to previe

• Sure they are, however by not matching colors I meant depth and intensity of them coexisting together.

I'm pretty sure the colors are what they are because those are the colors of House Raylan.

• Yeah, I get what you mean, I'm just saying that there is a reason why these colors were chosen, even if they may not be the most pleasing mix to the eye.

Sure they are, however by not matching colors I meant depth and intensity of them coexisting together.

• I got that as well. Im just saying that those could look cool together if handled correctly.

Yeah, I get what you mean, I'm just saying that there is a reason why these colors were chosen, even if they may not be the most pleasing mix to the eye.

• Oh, okay. Yeah, you're probably right, changing the tones could make it better.

I got that as well. Im just saying that those could look cool together if handled correctly.

• Indeed. Well, I hope no one got offended by my comments, it was supposed to be constructive and helpful to improve in the field of design.

Oh, okay. Yeah, you're probably right, changing the tones could make it better.

• Torvin

“No, no please!”, the man screamed, just before Torvin's axe split his skull, shutting him up for good. Silently, he removed the weapon from his fallen opponent, before glancing around. The other Ironborn looked at him and even now, it was hard for Torvin to see them as his men. They were strangers. Garthon wasn't among them, neither was Hjalgar. His old crew was dead, many of these people would follow. Maybe Garthon and Hjalgar were already dead. Ad for Torvin himself, he didn't feel alive either.

One of the Ironborn approached him and Torvin narrowed his eyes. The man was around his age, with a sunburnt face, a thin, patchy beard and a loud scar that nearly split his cheek in two. He stopped a few feet away from him, out of the reach of his axe, as Torvin noticed. “Your orders, captain?”, he asked. Torvin stayed silent for a moment. It shouldn't be him giving these orders. Killing was all he seemed to be good at, even those he loved. Is gaze hardened, as a memory of Clarisse flashed through his mind. He had to do this. For her. This was the only thing that mattered. The only thing in the world.

“Advance”, he growled and the man gave him a nod. “We'll take the centre” Now, the man smirked, it was an ugly smirk, crooked thanks to his scar. “Drive them apart, like rats, huh?”, he chuckled, though his morbid joy quickly died down when Torvin did not respond to it. “Alright then”, he muttered, glancing at the other raiders. “You heard the man, lads! To the centre!”

This was met with cautious excitement. His men weren't happy to be here with him, just as he wasn't happy to be here with them. He knew, most of them would have rather followed Cleaver Clint, mindlessly looting the city, slaughtering, raping, stealing. Torvin had a bigger picture in mind. Before the sun would rise again, this city would be theirs, or they would be dead. There was no middle ground for him. He had to do this, for her.

The Ironborn waltzed upon the citizens like a tidal wave, crushing their weak attempts at a resistance. The guard was scattered after their initial attack and Torvin knew, taking the centre of the city would break them entirely. It was the only thing he was able to focus right now. He charged down the main street, while the smallfolk of Raylansfair tried to run away from him, from his men.

Not all succeeded at this. His axe found the back of a fleeing woman, cutting her down without even slowing down. Torvin barely registered her, as he swung his axe, burying it in the chest of a man that was brave enough to die fighting. Momentarily, Torvin had to stop, to remove his axe from the corpse and he noticed that the man wasn't even a member of the guard. He was wearing simple clothes, his hands around a pitchfork, his dead eyes widely opened in eternal fear.

And then, Torvin stared down the street again, a dark tunnel he had to rush down. The other raiders, running next to him, they were but shadows right in the corner of his field of view. It felt like black eyes were staring at him, as they did on that day, when the Hoare took everything from him. A grunt left his throat, half battlecry, half scream, as he plunged his axe into the next unfortunate soul.

Their charge came to an abrupt stop, once the centre of the city came into sight. Torvin stopped, as did the men next to him. He spat to the ground. Fucking Greenlanders! They had blocked the main street. Large carts sealed it off, preventing them from directly charging towards the centre. Crates were posing even further fortifications, as rudimentary as they were. And then, it came worse...

Torvin was about to order the raiders to charge anyway, to overcome this obstacle with pure violence, when he heard a familiar sound. The whistling of arrows, cutting through the air. Just a second later, the man right next to him lay dead on the ground.

“Archers!”, Torvin yelled, as his men reacted instinctively. They were an easy target here, so they split up, rushing into the side streets. Torvin cursed the raiders' lack of discipline, as they managed to split up into three groups, each taking their own side street. He was willing to bet that some of them would take off on their own already. He sighed. Taking this city, it quickly turned into something hopeless. But as always, Torvin was unwilling to back down.

“Captain?”, the man to his left asked. It was the same man he spoke to before, the one with the scar that split his cheek. Torvin glared at him. In the distance, he saw smoke rising from where Cleaver had started to burn down the warehouses. A thick brute he may be, but sometimes, the Lord of Volmark had good ideas. “Fire”, he just said and once again, the scarred man grinned, as he understood immediately. “Burn it to the ground!”, he yelled to the men. Those who wielded torches immediately put them to use, throwing them at nearby buildings.

“We need the smoke”, Torvin explained. “If they don't see us coming, we might have a chance” The man chuckled. “The fire will spread”, he interjected. “Many will burn” Torvin shrugged. He felt nothing for these people. He felt barely anything at all right now, couldn't bear it. “Let them burn”, he said.

“Captain!”, a new voice called out and as Torvin looked up, he saw two of the raiders walking down the street, one of them being the one that had called. The other one was holding someone, forcing them to walk forward. “Stumbled upon that bitch here. She wants to talk to you”

Torvin raised an eyebrow as he noticed that the person they were holding was a young woman, of considerable beauty on top. She was wearing dark clothes, a cloak that covered most of her body and a hood, though it failed to hide her pristine face and the icy blue eyes that stared right at him. Her hair was tied back, though Torvin saw a strand of light brown underneath the hood. She had a quiver on her back, filled with arrows made out of a white-golden wood. The raider that had called for him was carrying a bow made out of the same wood. Goldenheart, Torvin recognized it. Sinfully expensive, from the Summer Islands.

At the very least, the woman wasn't insane, because he could see that she was afraid. Still, it took almost crazy bravery to approach the raiders, especially looking like her. Half of them would have killed her on spot and the other half would have taken her as their salt wife. Somehow, she managed to find a raider that was able to listen before acting and this realization was enough for Torvin to give the man that led her here an approving nod.

“Captain Breaker?”, the woman asked sharply and Torvin focussed back on her. She was beautiful, but not as much as his Clarisse. The thought of her was already enough to break his heart anew, to fill him with violent anger. He took a step towards the young woman, glaring viciously, just as he realized she had called him by his name. This was enough for him to grab her by the throat, to lifet her up a little bit. “Who are you?”, he barked. “And how do you know my name?”

The woman's eyes widened, though her confident smile did not fade. She knew how to play a role, as Torvin realized. “You may call me Sherryl”, she introduced herself. “And I'm working for someone who is quite interested in your victory. He provided me with your name, among other details”

“An ally?”, Torvin asked and Sherryl smirked, as he slowly let go of her. “Not exactly. But someone who wishes to change things. Someone who could need your victory here for his own plans”, she answered and her honesty took Torvin by surprise. “Let me put it differently... someone who can help?”, he asked and this time, Sherryl gave him a slight nod. “Oh yes”, she confirmed. “I have information for you that may very well tip the scales in your favour”

“I'm listening”, Torvin said, though he still glared at her, watching her movements and the expression on her face. She was nervous and who wouldn't be, though she tried to act confident. “I've seen the sorry state of your men. Those are roughly a hundred, at best”, she chirped.

“They must suffice”, Torvin answered and she forced a chuckle. “They won't”, she answered. “I've seen what they have built there. The remaining guards from the docks and more, almost fifty men, they have archers and there are hundreds of common people. Not all will die peacefully. Weak they may be, but they outnumber you vastly” She shook her head. “It will be a hard fight, but in the end, you will either die, or you won't have enough men left to take the rest of the city”

Torvin looked away, at his men. She had spoken in a low tone, so none of them ha heard her words, but he knew that they thought the same thing. It did not matter for him. His own survival wasn't his key goal. But still... “What are you offering?”, he asked an now, Sherryl took a step towards him. Gently, she put a hand onto his chest, but Torvin immediately grabbed her wrist, violently pushing her away from him. “What. Are. You. Offering”, he repeated.

“Information”, Sherryl answered. “For starters, the castle. They have reinforcements there, but I doubt they will hold back for long. If they join the battle, you're going to have a problem” She glanced up at the castle in the distance. “But at the same time, once they are gone, you can easily take the castle. You'll need a couple dozen men at most for that”

Torvin raised an eyebrow and she smiled sweetly. “I ruined the winch”, she answered. “I believe they'll have a pretty hard time defending the castle if they can't close their gates” The man with the scarred cheek had heard these words and he took a step closer. “Devious”, he complimented her and Torvin gave him a nod. “Take two dozen men and check this out”, he ordered. “Stay out of sight until they have sent their reinforcements to help with the city. Then slaughter the rest and hoist our flag. Let them know the castle is ours”

Another crooked grin, as the man saluted. “Aye, captain”, he answered, as he immediately looked towards the other raiders. “You there! You two. You! And You! You down there as well! Come on, we've got a castle to take!” The men followed immediately and as Torvin noted, they followed this order much more readily than any order he himself could have given.

Sherryl was visibly satisfied by their actions. Torvin did not trust her, not one bit and there was a dark urge to throw her to his men, some of which were shamelessly leering at her. But at the same time, he had to admit that she was right. He had no chance to take the city centre, not with them having fortified it, not without Cleaver Clint's men, or maybe Anturion's at least. If she was offering a chance, then he had to take it. He did not mind death, but he had to succeed.

“And then there are your allies”, Sherryl continued and immediately, Torvin's attention snapped back towards her. “I have no allies”, he growled, but she only shook her head. “Then who are the men attacking the gates right now?”, she asked. “Admittedly, you have not hired them, but you have the same goal regardless. There are sellswords in the east and bandits in the south. Help them in and you'll have the army you need to take the centre”

Torvin narrowed his eyes. “How can I believe you?”, he asked and Sherryl shrugged delicately. “The way I see it, you have no real choice but to believe me, captain”, she answered and he cursed the fact that she was right. “Very well then”, he growled. “And what are you going to do?”

Now, Sherryl glanced at the man that held her bow. “I'll go hunting”, she answered. “My target is not here yet, but from the little I know about her, I doubt she'll keep me waiting for much longer” Torvin looked at the bow, before he gave the man who held it a nod. Reluctantly, the raider hande it back to Sherryl. “You're going to kill someone?”, he asked and she gave him a nod. “I'm going to start a war”, she promised. “Unfortunate, yet necessary for the greater good”

A few weeks ago, Torvin would have been amused by this phrase. Not, he simply spat on the ground. “Get going then”, he snarled. “And don't get in the way of me or my men” Sherryl gave him a nod. “Believe me, I won't”, she promised and just like that, she was gone.

One of the raiders, an older, one-eyed man glanced after her. “What a bitch”, he growled. “But quite something on the eye. You want her?” Torvin shook his head and the man raised an eyebrow. “Mind if I take her?” Now, Torvin gave him a nod. “At least until this city is taken. Then you can take her all the way you want”, he answered, which seemed to be enough for the man. “Your next orders, captain?”

His next orders... Torvin had to think about this himself. If it was true what Sherryl said, then there might still be a chance. His eyes started to ache by now, from the smoke that was coming from the fire his men set to the surrounding buildings. This city would fall, one way or the other. But if they had allies out there, then it couldn't hurt to let them in. Two gates, east and south. Two potential allies, sellswords and common bandits. Torvin just had to decide where to strike.

[Attack the eastern gate] [Attack the southern gate]

John

“The guard has sealed off the centre”, Temari said and Behara let out a relieved sigh. She was the only one of them that wasn't a fighter, the only one that had reason to be afraid. “Will it suffice?”, she asked and now, Temari shook his head. “Probably not”, he admitted. “But there's still going to be us standing in their way”

Right now, they were all sitting in a circle. Well, most of them. I'lian was still resting and Lenrianda had just regained consciousness. Sammy's friend, this Sasha girl, she was missing as well, understandable, considering how much blood she had lost. But the rest was there. Janae was sitting to his right, while Daghan had taken position to his left. Temari had an arm wrapped around his sister. Samantha was silent and the bruise on her cheek had gotten a nasty, purple shade. Next to her sat the albino, Nymeria. Even Jaro was there, even though John wasn't sure if this would be a good idea. And the Targaryen knights. Baratheon, Celtigar and Velaryon had joined them, taking position next to Daghan.

“As far as we know, they attack from three sides”, Baratheon explained. He and Temari had left the tavern for a couple of minutes, to get an overview of their situation. When they returned, they were able to confirm that it was even more grim than John had feared. It wasn't the first time he was in a city under siege, but this time, it looked as if he and his group, his family, was screwed.

“Any suggestions?”, he asked and Orys gave him a nod. “We have a chance if we prevent their reinforcements from entering the city”, he answered. “There are men in the south and in the east. Rumour has it, the eastern force marches under the banner of the Second Sons”

“Rodrik's men”, Samantha mumbled. “Perhaps we should just kill him” To this, Orys shook his head. “He's defeated, unarmed and chained”, he explained. “If we kill him now, we won't be any better than him” Samantha sighed, visibly unhappy about this, though she gave him a nod. “He's your prisoner”, she admitted. “Better keep an eye on him then”

“We will”, Celtigar promised. He seemed slightly more talkative than his companions, though the presence of his commanding officer visibly held him back. “Which is why we're going to take him with us” John raised an eyebrow and Celtigar exchanged a glance with Baratheon. The dark-haired man nodded. “We're leaving the tavern”, he revealed. “First, we will bring Rodrik to the city guard. Then, we will take the road to the castle. Hundreds of people are fleeing there and someone has to keep the path clear of any Ironborn”

“A noble goal”, John admitted. “Yet we could use the help as well” This time, Orys looked at Daghan who flashed a smile. “Which is why Ser Orys asked me to assist you”, the bald man answered. “You already know I am capable and I say we work well together” John smirked at this suggestion. “Very well. I accept your help”, he answered. “Now we only have to decide on our next step.

“As I said, the gates mustn't fall”, Orys advised him. “It is possible that we will join the fight there as well, once enough people have been brought to the castle. A small, capable group, such as yours, can make a big difference there” His words had some truth to them, as John had to admit. “Then we'll travel to the eastern gate”, he decided quickly. “I have fought against Second Sons before and I consider them a threat, perhaps even more than these Ironborn”

“And the tavern?”, Nymeria asked in a cold tone. “You leave these people here alone?” John glanced around the taproom. It was filled with people, seeking shelter behind its sturdy walls. He shook his head. “The city guard is protecting the entire square”, he answered. “The tavern is not my concern”

Nymeria narrowed her eyes. “Well, I'll stay here. I won't leave Len alone”, she said decisively. Samantha sighed, before she gave John an urging look. “John, I...”, she said softly. “I think I have to stay as well. It's... well, Sasha almost died and I really don't want to lose her”

Jaro raised an eyebrow. “It seems someone's got a crush”, he teased her and Samantha sharply glared at him. “She's my friend”, she insisted and he raised his hands. The freshly stitched wound on his cheek shivered as he smiled, though his smile was still friendly and genuine. “It's alright, Sam”, he said. “I think John understands, right?”

“Yeah”, John answered. “I wouldn't feel good separating you either” As he said this, Temari looked up. “Uh... that brings me to the question... what's with Hara?”, he asked and looked at his sister. “I won't leave her alone either” Behara gave him a curious look. “And what makes you assume I will stay here?”, she asked.

“Excuse me?”, Temari responded sharply. “Hara, we had that discussion before! You won't fight with us!” Now, Behara glared at her brother. “And I won't stay here! Trapped in this building, praying to the gods that you return and that the Ironborn stay away” She shook her head. “Out there, I can see what is coming. I can help as good as possible. It doesn't have to be fighting. I can run fast, I could bring messages from one part of the city to the other...”

Janae raised a hand, to get Temari's attention before he could answer. “May I offer a solution?”, she said, surprisingly polite. “Naturally, I would fight as well. But unlike you, John and Daghan, I will remain behind the front lines, searching a fortified position and shooting these bastards. I could use some help with that. Someone to spot the targets. Someone to bring me a fresh set or arrows if needed”

Temari hesitated for a moment, though he quickly gave in. “At least that way she'd be closer”, he admitted. “Alright, we do it your way then” A wide smile formed on Behara's face, though Temari simply glared at Janae. “If anything happens...”, he warned her and Janae shook her head. “It won't”, she promised.

Finally, Jaro cleared his throat. “Uh, John...”, he said and John immediately realized what the man wanted to say. “No way”, he answered instantly. “Your wounds...” Jaro cut him off. “Are not as bad as they seemed at first. I can walk. Shit, I can fight even. It hurts like hell, but I can do this”, he promised. “But what I can't is sitting around, doing nothing, while my friends and an entire city has to fight for survival” He gave John a stern look. “Think about it, John. You'll only have yourself, Tem and Daghan out there, maybe Janae as long as she has arrows. Wounded or not, are you really in a position to decline my help?”

[Allow Jaro to join you] [Forbid Jaro to join you]

• edited November 2016

[Attack the eastern gate] Eastern is where the sellswords are, right? The bandit fuckers can die without anyone helping them :p Now, I don't remember who from all the characters in Raylansfair is going to which gate, Leonard for example, but I'm making this choice as Torvin who doesn't know it anyway so whatever XD

Anywho, this was a great part! I really love how cold blooded Torvin is, he just gives zero fucks and that's fucking badass :D What comes Sherryl, ugh, I hate that bitch... If only one of the Ironborn would've just killed her.

[Allow Jaro to join you] I understand that this might put him in danger, but I think leaving him behind would be a waste.

Torvin “No, no please!”, the man screamed, just before Torvin's axe split his skull, shutting him up for good. Silently, he removed the w

• [Attack the eastern gate]

[Allow Jaro to join you]

Torvin “No, no please!”, the man screamed, just before Torvin's axe split his skull, shutting him up for good. Silently, he removed the w

• [Attack the southern gate] I think the bandits are a less fearsome opponent, because they won't follow orders and would be less organized than the second sons. Plus if we go to he east gate then John would be in danger.

[Allow Jaro to join you] We are going to need all the help we can get, and we need to ensure that the east gate doesn't fall.

• edited November 2016

Wait.

[Attack the eastern gate]

The sellswords work for Edward. They would surely help.....I think.....

• But the selswords could also join the ironborn.

[Attack the southern gate] I think the bandits are a less fearsome opponent, because they won't follow orders and would be less organized th

• Eastern is where the sellswords are, right? The bandit fuckers can die without anyone helping them :p

That is true, the east is where Rodrik's remaining men are located, while the southern forces are led by Bear. Neither of them is to be taken lightly, though at least in case of the Second Sons, their leader is currently taken captive by Orys and his men. At the same time, they are the more dangerous fighters.

Now, I don't remember who from all the characters in Raylansfair is going to which gate, Leonard for example, but I'm making this choice as Torvin who doesn't know it anyway so whatever XD

So far, it has only been Leonard going to the southern gate and John and his group going to the eastern. Other characters will follow, which makes this choice very unpredictable, as someone's favourite character might decide to go to the gate that is going to be attacked by Torvin and his men.

What comes Sherryl, ugh, I hate that bitch... If only one of the Ironborn would've just killed her.

They probably would have rather taken her as a salt wife, which would have arguably been an even worse fate for Sherryl. But yeah, this part basically marks the worst thing she ever did. Manipulating everyone in the city is one thing, but her actions in this part have the potential to cause many deaths among the smallfolk of Raylansfair.

[Attack the eastern gate] Eastern is where the sellswords are, right? The bandit fuckers can die without anyone helping them Now, I don't r

• The sellswords work for Edward. They would surely help.....I think.....

That's true, the Second Sons are on Edward's payroll. The same goes for the bandits actually, as he made a deal with Bear in Chapter 6. Both would probably help, but the question is whom they would help. Edward himself has goals that apparently don't quite match with Torvin's.

Lord_EAA posted: »

Wait. [Attack the eastern gate] The sellswords work for Edward. They would surely help.....I think.....

• So wait.......... Edward technically has the biggest army here.

The sellswords work for Edward. They would surely help.....I think..... That's true, the Second Sons are on Edward's payroll. The sa

• edited November 2016

Yes, he has! A number of Ironborn have been put under his command, on direct orders of Harren Hoare, the sellswords are working for him (although it's technically Nain who ordered them to do this) and he has a deal with the bandits. Technically, he has little actual authority, as each group he commands has only been ordered to work for him by someone who has far more authority, or is in an equal partnerhship, in case of Bear, but he has far more men under his command than any other group in this city, which makes him the most dangerous man in Raylansfair. Right now, things go perfectly according to his plans.

So wait.......... Edward technically has the biggest army here.

• I know, that's exactly what I am trying to prevent, because if the sellswords join the ironborn, they would be a bigger threat than the bandits. I am purposefully undermining Torvin's assault in order to help the better good of Raylainsfair.

But the selswords could also join the ironborn.

• At the same time, they are the more dangerous fighters.

Are the Second sons in the same number of soldiers as the bandits?

They probably would have rather taken her as a salt wife, which would have arguably been an even worse fate for Sherryl. But yeah, this part basically marks the worst thing she ever did. Manipulating everyone in the city is one thing, but her actions in this part have the potential to cause many deaths among the smallfolk of Raylansfair.

I hope there is an choice to have Sherryl to be taken as a salt wife. She has basically royally screwed over a whole population of smallfolk. Death is to good for her and I think she should have to deal as a life as a slave to some Ironborn who is just as bad as her. Saying this though there may be a part where Liquid makes me feel bad for her by giving her a purpose to doing all these bad things. But until then I will be mad at Sherryl for being a jerk.

Eastern is where the sellswords are, right? The bandit fuckers can die without anyone helping them That is true, the east is where

• Well maybe the conquest is what Raylandsfair needs. A leader that cannot be corrupted by Mullendore.

I know, that's exactly what I am trying to prevent, because if the sellswords join the ironborn, they would be a bigger threat than the bandits. I am purposefully undermining Torvin's assault in order to help the better good of Raylainsfair.

• Are the Second sons in the same number of soldiers as the bandits?

Their exact numbers haven't been revealed, but they are probably roughly at the same size, or else someone would have likely mentioned the difference in numbers.

I hope there is an choice to have Sherryl to be taken as a salt wife. She has basically royally screwed over a whole population of smallfolk. Death is to good for her and I think she should have to deal as a life as a slave to some Ironborn who is just as bad as her. Saying this though there may be a part where Liquid makes me feel bad for her by giving her a purpose to doing all these bad things. But until then I will be mad at Sherryl for being a jerk.

Hehe, well, I can reveal that Sherryl has a reason to do all of this and it's not that she wants to be as evil as possible. In the end, I'd even say it is a more or less relatable reason, from a certain point of view and I know quite a number of people who would probably behave similarly in her situation. That said, it will be quite some time until her reasons get revealed and even then, your mileage may vary on how good her reasons truly are.

At the same time, they are the more dangerous fighters. Are the Second sons in the same number of soldiers as the bandits? The

• Yeah, maybe, but I just want to have Mullendore lose because if he wins Team Targ would lose a lot of good soldiers. And I don't know who this leader your talking about is. Anturion, and therefore Bear and the Second Sons, are under Mullendore's control I believe, that or he is working for some other evil guy. Then Torvin has been shown to be manipulable by Sherryl who is an agent of Mullendore. And Cleaver isn't a leader I want in charge of Raylainsfair.

Well maybe the conquest is what Raylandsfair needs. A leader that cannot be corrupted by Mullendore.

• Hm, that is a daring thought. I mean, Mullendore is obviously bad, but there is a reason why he is generally respected by those who don't know his secret and even those who are. There is also a reason why Harren Hoare is universally despised by the Riverlords he rules over and even by a number of his own men (although for different reasons). Even then, the Ironborn present in the city likely have little interest in actually successfully leading the city. Neither would the king of the Reach ever allow such a thing to happen. It's only a question how many people are going to die until the city will be retaken by the Reach, since even with their current numbers, the Ironborn have zero chances to ever hold the city against the army the king would assemble should he hear of the successful conquest.

Well maybe the conquest is what Raylandsfair needs. A leader that cannot be corrupted by Mullendore.

• Well Torvin seems pretty eager to conquer it.

Hm, that is a daring thought. I mean, Mullendore is obviously bad, but there is a reason why he is generally respected by those who don't kn

• Well I still want to hold up hope. Also Anturion works under Mullendore? When was that mentioned? I thought he was on his own agenda. Also the second sons aren't controlled by him at all, but by his brother Nain......who he has a difficult relationship with.

Yeah, maybe, but I just want to have Mullendore lose because if he wins Team Targ would lose a lot of good soldiers. And I don't know who th

• Yes he does, sort of. At the same time, Torvin is not stupid. He knows that this is going to include likely death and he probably does not intend to hold the city. His way of conquering it would be to get it to surrender, to hoist Hoare flags on the castle and the walls and to leave again after having proven the Ironborn superiority and after allowing his men to reave as much as they want, as a reward for their service.

Well Torvin seems pretty eager to conquer it.

• [Attack the southern gate]

[Forbid Jaro to join you]

[Allow Jaro to join you]

[Allow Jaro to join you]

Sign in to comment in this discussion.