Wanted Telltale to make a Spider-man game instead

It would've been interesting to see Telltale's take on Spider-man. And it would've been fun as fuck to just swing around a city. Just imagine having to click where to swing, agh.

Just imagine the possibilities..

Comments

• That would have been awesome to, but I am fine with guardians of the galaxy

• Yeah, but Telltale's first DC Comics endeavour was The Wolf Among Us, and then they got hold of the legendary Batman this year. So... There's still hope for Spiderman yet.

• Wait, isn't the Telltale Guardians of the Galaxy game set in the MCU?

If so, I can understand the reason for not being able to do Spider-man.

AChicken posted: »

Yeah, but Telltale's first DC Comics endeavour was The Wolf Among Us, and then they got hold of the legendary Batman this year. So... There's still hope for Spiderman yet.

• Well, right now we don't know if it has anything to do with the movies, but based on how the teaser looks, it very probable.

Wait, isn't the Telltale Guardians of the Galaxy game set in the MCU? If so, I can understand the reason for not being able to do Spider-man.

• TT 1st comic endeavor was the walking dead

Yeah, but Telltale's first DC Comics endeavour was The Wolf Among Us, and then they got hold of the legendary Batman this year. So... There's still hope for Spiderman yet.

• Yeah the QTEs would have been intresting. Spiderman swinging on his Web from building to building and if you miss a button prompt, BAM, splat against the wall...Game Over.

• I know man, I'm a little disappointed that it wasn't a Spider-Man game either. For the record, I'm still gonna get it, because I trust Telltale to still make something awesome. However, I feel like Guardians of the Galaxy has been a little too overexposed lately, so seeing it be Telltale's big Marvel project just didn't sit well with me.

• I'm disappointed too.

I don't really care that much for GotG, and I would have preferred Spider-Man as well.

• Considering that their next upcoming game is The Walking Dead and the strong possibility the next one is Game of Thrones. Having a lighthearted, adventurous, funny game is nice.

I know man, I'm a little disappointed that it wasn't a Spider-Man game either. For the record, I'm still gonna get it, because I trust Tellt

• They've done comics before Walking Dead. Some of their earliest titles like Bone or Sam and Max were also based off of comics.

zeke10 posted: »

TT 1st comic endeavor was the walking dead

• Yeah, it would have been better if they made Spider-Man instead. He is the most famous Marvel superhero, not GOTG. I still have to watch the movie yet.

• It was pretty obvious that they weren't going to do Spider-Man since Insomniac is making they're own Spider-Man game.

• Well, I agree with that, but most Marvel superheroes are lighthearted and upbeat. They could've done any Marvel superhero really.

I'm not saying this will be a bad game by any means. I'm just saying I was expecting more after hearing about Telltale's "untitled Marvel project" for about a year now.

Considering that their next upcoming game is The Walking Dead and the strong possibility the next one is Game of Thrones. Having a lighthearted, adventurous, funny game is nice.

• sorry but I wanna be like Kevin Bacon

• I developing Episode 1 of a text based Telltale inspired Spider-Man game based around the Civil War comic event, if that helps. But given we're getting a new Spidey game on PS4 next year, makes sense that we should have another character or group as the focus. I would have liked Daredevil if I had the choice.

• I'm kind of hoping it isn't. Setting it directly in the MCU as a prequel to the 2nd movie seriously limits the sorts of choices TT can make if Disney and Marvel are saying it has to reach the point the movie does. Smething like Batman which is its own thing and heavily inspired by the comics and movies would be better.

Well, right now we don't know if it has anything to do with the movies, but based on how the teaser looks, it very probable.

• So did I actually but we're already getting a AAA Insomniac game, plus the Guardians of the Galaxy would just suit Telltale incredibly well thanks to my experience playing Tales from the Borderlands.

• Honestly my biggest worry about this is that it'll feel too much like Tales from the Borderlands.

CathalOHara posted: »

So did I actually but we're already getting a AAA Insomniac game, plus the Guardians of the Galaxy would just suit Telltale incredibly well thanks to my experience playing Tales from the Borderlands.

• Ditto, specially if we have Troy as Star Lord, Laura as Gamora and so forth.

Honestly my biggest worry about this is that it'll feel too much like Tales from the Borderlands.

• We're already getting an awesome looking Spiderman game from the very talented team at Insomniac Games. No need to have two.

Personally, I was hoping for a Deadpool game. :P But Guardians of the Galaxy is a fantastic choice as well. I just wanted a humorous property, so I'm very happy with this!

• i'm hoping for a Silver Surfer game.

Please TTG see this lol.

• Spidey can be pretty light hearted as a character, it's what makes his rogues so intimidating given how most are so dark in contrast.

Considering that their next upcoming game is The Walking Dead and the strong possibility the next one is Game of Thrones. Having a lighthearted, adventurous, funny game is nice.

• Out of interest since I am as mentioned above developing something of a Telltale episodic style game for Spidey, what sorts of choices or decisions would you like to make if you were playing as both Spider-Man and Peter Parker? (Assuming this was an older Peter, not Tom Holland High School Age?)

Stuff involving the Daily Bugle cast? (Dave Fennoy would be the perfect Robbie Robertson by the way.)

Stuff involving Aunt May?

Stuff involving love interests? (Currently my game has you married to Mary Jane Watson as it's Civil War based, but I did toy with something more original with a selection of love interests.)

Which villains you'd want to see from the Spidey Rogues?

Just curious, technically I am a little way into things after doing some of Episode 1 for NaNoWriMo but I am open to changing aspects (including making a more original story than adapting Civil War)

• you're gonna get sued the fuck out of by marvel if they know about your project lol

Out of interest since I am as mentioned above developing something of a Telltale episodic style game for Spidey, what sorts of choices or de

• Given I'm not making it for any money and it's all basically interactive fan fiction, not really.

you're gonna get sued the fuck out of by marvel if they know about your project lol

• I didn't. We've already had so much Spider-Man hype lately with his appearance in Civil War, his upcoming solo movie Spider-Man: Homecoming, and the new PS4 game coming out next year.

That and Telltale proved in the past that they can do sci-fi and comedy pretty well with Tales from the Borderlands so Guardians of the Galaxy should be right up their alley.

• To be fair I was thinking about making appreciation threads for the various Guardians a while back but I was sure they'd be closed or deleted for reasons so... I guess once we have a trailer with footage we'll have more to speak of. :)

• My only request is that Eddie Brock be in it :p

Out of interest since I am as mentioned above developing something of a Telltale episodic style game for Spidey, what sorts of choices or de

• *Nah ! because there is already a spiderman game in development by Sony entertainment for ps4 so it is a good rather not to choose spiderman and secondly it is may be for the first time they are going to make a game on guardians of galaxy besides no other production ever created a game based on this so why not support this . *

• ... I've got Mac Gargan's Venom in it, so close enough? :p

AgentZ46 posted: »

My only request is that Eddie Brock be in it

• Sure :D

... I've got Mac Gargan's Venom in it, so close enough?

• I wanted Telltale to start something original. Without superheroes with unbreakeable plot armor.

• When you see the Bruce Wayne faces spreading

enter image description here

• I think that to have Batman and Spider-Man are too similar. I get that they're two entirely different characters, but still. GOTG seems to me to be much more up Telltale's alley than just another superhero (and I love Spider-Man, too, so I understand where you're coming from).

• Agreed.

Omid's cat posted: »

I wanted Telltale to start something original. Without superheroes with unbreakeable plot armor.

• Yes because a reporter for the Daily Bugle with spider empowered abilities and a billionaire with peak human performance and a thing for bats are exactly the same. There's nothing wrong with them doing a GOTG game, but it would be the fact that we have a incoming gme from Insomniac which makes more of a reason why Spidey wouldn't make sense.

choircorgis posted: »

I think that to have Batman and Spider-Man are too similar. I get that they're two entirely different characters, but still. GOTG seems to m

• Would rather see a telltale x-men game but...Fox.

• Me too, an X-Men game would have been amazing. I actually had a great idea a while back about how you could do an epic story by having Jean Grey as the POV but have each episode set in a different 'decade' of X-Men, going from the 60's and the original team to the Uncanny team in the 70's, the 80's team (with Maddie instead of Jean), the Jim Lee era 90's team, the Grant Morrison 00's team and then finally the current time with the younger version of Jean again. If that makes sense.

Would rather see a telltale x-men game but...Fox.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.