I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere(Telltale on Mac)

2»

Comments

• edited February 2010
    I have an idea, but I wanna make sure I won't get stabbed by a telltale engineer before I try it. Would it be possible to open up a ToMI episode 1 app, and swap out all of the .paks for those from a Sam and Max game?
  • edited February 2010
    Thanks Telltale!
  • KevinKevin Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2010
    atm153 wrote: »
    I have an idea, but I wanna make sure I won't get stabbed by a telltale engineer before I try it. Would it be possible to open up a ToMI episode 1 app, and swap out all of the .paks for those from a Sam and Max game?

That'd be a no...
  • edited February 2010
    atm153 wrote: »
    I have an idea, but I wanna make sure I won't get stabbed by a telltale engineer before I try it.

Actually, engineers use their wrench, Spys are the ones who stab people. :P

TF2_Group.jpg
  • edited February 2010
    And thank you, Pale Man as well. I must say that I'm impressed. ToMI ran fairly poorly on graphics setting 1 on my Boot Camped Mac, but runs almost perfectly on 9 native. Great.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2010
    And thank you, Pale Man as well. I must say that I'm impressed. ToMI ran fairly poorly on graphics setting 1 on my Boot Camped Mac, but runs almost perfectly on 9 native. Great.

Excellent!
  • edited February 2010
    Checks TTG website

Reads "Mac Revolution"

*Explodes*
  • edited February 2010
    Clean up in aisle 7!
  • edited February 2010
    Thank you Telltale! Never posted in the forums (although I'm reading them). Since I switched this autumn to a MacBook Pro, I stopped playing Monkey Island and I also didn't finish Sam & Max (although I bought them). Simply too much trouble and no time. Now however, I can finish them on my Mac. Beautiful. And really great. You truly are one of a kind. Thank you. And keep up the great work. Also thank you for being not one of those greedy companies. Your prices are on spot and the conditions are actually fair for the consumers.

I'm going to say it again: Thank you.
  • edited February 2010
    Cross platform licenses??! You guys are so cool. Out of appreciation, I will buy Sam n Max season 2 even though I haven't finished season 1 yet.
  • edited February 2010
    I really like how TellTale didn't go for Cider, or let some other company port their games (Not that I have anything against MacPlay, but I prefer a port made by the original developers). And one price for both versions? This is madness and Sparta combined!
  • edited February 2010
    ShaggE wrote: »
    Sounds like they really...

*puts on sunglasses*

... got Boned.

Oh man, that was bad.

Sellout...
  • edited February 2010
    -The games will be released in this order: Tales of Monkey Island will launch first, Sam & Max will launch in several weeks, and the others will be out in the next few months.

Not nescalary Sam & Max are next, The vote shows Strong Bad making a lead by a whopping 11% So I wouldn't count your armless chickens before they hatch.
  • edited February 2010
    Not nescalary Sam & Max are next, The vote shows Strong Bad making a lead by a whopping 11% So I wouldn't count your armless chickens before they hatch.
    That was actually in the site's article. The voting hadn't come up yet, so I had no way of knowing that this specific detail was going to be wrong.
  • edited February 2010
    That was actually in the site's article. The voting hadn't come up yet, so I had no way of knowing that this specific detail was going to be wrong.

Oh, sorry :o
  • edited March 2010
    Is the PC version updated with Earl Boen's voice or atm is it still on Mac versions... also will it be cleared up for the DVD?
  • edited March 2010
    Fury wrote: »
    Why are they bothering to make it for Mac? It's such a small portion of the market and the majority of Mac users are wanky arts students.
    Why do you care? It's not like you're going to be affected in any way if "wanky art students" finally get to play TTG natively.
  • edited March 2010
    ShaggE wrote: »
    Sounds like they really...

*puts on sunglasses*

... got Boned.

Oh man, that was bad.

I think...that is my favourite post ever.

besides all mine of course
  • edited March 2010
    Kevin wrote: »
    We looked at Cider, but we decided to go with a full on native implementation. A lot of us here are big Mac fans. I have nothing but Mac's at home and I really wanted to do a proper Mac version of the games that ran well, etc. Glad you're enjoying it! Be sure to vote for the next Mac game to enter QA!!

The native implimentations truly are appreciated, cider's done great things for games that would've never been ported otherwise, but there's nothing more dissapointing than a retail cider port, it can never perform quite like a native app, especially on a newer game. it definately felt like i got a little shorted last time i bought one.

Also, I can't seem to determine if the new collectors dvds have mac copies of the game on them as well or if us mac people still have to download the app seperately. Can anyone shed some light?
  • edited March 2010
    nikasaur wrote:
    Not only will it feature both the PC and Mac version of Tales...

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/blogs/id-587

And I'd assume they'll be updating the other games' DVDs sometime after they put up the digital Mac versions. You know what they say about when you assume things.
  • edited March 2010
    oh sweet, I missed that line on the blog. i'd hope the other dvds get updated id be happy to pay for the dvd again.
  • edited March 2010
    I don't think there will be updated DVD's of older games. Somewhere (I can't find where), Will said they were interested, but that the cost was probably going to be too great.
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2010
    What HumpsMcLovin said. We'd love to, but it's just not feasible.
  • edited March 2010
    Well, maybe someday, when Telltale's managed to take over the world, right? You guys are still incredibly awesome just for doing the Mac versions at all (though I myself loathe Macs), among so many other reasons.

...what, was I not supposed to say anything about the world domination plan?
  • edited March 2010
    This is me realizing that I no longer need to use my out of date piece-of-surgically altered superfeces windows xp computer to play what are possibly my favorite games in the world.. Thank You Telltale Games!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.