Forum of Thrones: An Interactive Story

Comments

• [Run back into the smoke-filled street]

I am afraid this part won't include a Drent PoV. I noticed that I absolutely have to give him a full part's length for his next PoV, so I in

• Wow, it's glad to finally see Abbas's true colors. RIP Ando, I do feel bad for him.

[Run back into the smoke-filled street] Just as Ellena said herself, the risk would be just as big for him as it is for her. I feel like any of the other choices have a better chance of ending up bad.

I am afraid this part won't include a Drent PoV. I noticed that I absolutely have to give him a full part's length for his next PoV, so I in

• Sory to ask buta when will, seson 2 will be released/created?

• edited January 2017

Hey, welcome to the forum! You're sort of in the wrong thread though. This thread right here is about the fanfiction I am writing, which is named Forum of Thrones. In here, stuff revolves around me writing parts for my story and the readers discussing the story or voting on how it should continue. News about Season 2 of the game are discussed in a different thread, which is this one: https://telltale.com/community/discussion/102289/game-of-thrones-season-2-announced-future-news-will-be-found-at-the-new-pre-season-news-thread

To answer your question about Season 2, nobody knows when it's coming. The only thing we know for sure is that it is coming, as the Season 2 has been announced a while ago, right after Season 1 ended. However, we haven't gotten any news beyond that so far. I'm pretty sure we will get news in the coming months though, maybe after A New Frontier is over. Telltale's been pretty busy so far, but be patient, we will get our Season 2 for sure, as it is an announced project. As soon as we get the news, you'll hear it first in the thread I just gave you a link to. Checking Telltale's twitter from time to time might also be a good idea. I hope you're having a good time in the forums until then :)

Dexomas posted: »

Sory to ask buta when will, seson 2 will be released/created?

• [Turn around and run past Abbas]

Ah Abbas and Bakr my favorites. Maybe Ellena will get captured or escape. Janae eh. All hail Abbas and Bakr.

Also Ando RIP, eh.

• Wondering how many more of my favorites will be dead of the end of the chapter... :'(

• Don't worry Agent we are almost at the end of the chapter and like a race when you are near the end of it you must..do a FINAL RUSH! Mad King style!

Jokes aside who are your favorites (of the people still alive obviously)?

AgentZ46 posted: »

Wondering how many more of my favorites will be dead of the end of the chapter...

• edited January 2017

Well the list has been significantly reduced this chapter, but I'll try to think of some. XD

The obvious ones are my own characters, Dante and Darreth, but Dante and Darreth aren't in this chapter so they should be safe. I really like Raenna and Kersea. Samuel Harrington's pretty awesome. I absolutely love Garthon, I also really like Kyra. Irving, my heart goes out to that poor guy. SAERYA! Seriously I love that woman, can't get enough of her, she's probably replaced Alysanne as my all time favorite.

So those are my top favorites, now watch as Liquid slowly kills them off one by one, it'll be like ticking boxes on a multiple choice test.

Don't worry Agent we are almost at the end of the chapter and like a race when you are near the end of it you must..do a FINAL RUSH! Mad King style! Jokes aside who are your favorites (of the people still alive obviously)?

• Well, this chapter hasn't been kind to your favourites so far, that much is clear :( I knew Alysanne would hit badly, though I wasn't aware that there would be so many of the others among them, so that was accidental. Perhaps I should take it a bit slower in the coming parts, as I genuinly feel bad for taking away so many of your favourites in such a short time. Unfortunately, there are still deaths planned and not all of the currently living characters will make it out of Chapter 8 alive.

That said, of the ones you mention above, it is unlikely I'm going to kill them all, especially not in this chapter. Of course, Dante, Darreth, Samuel and Kyra are basically save for this chapter and I promise that I won't kill them offscreen, but even killing off Raenna, Kersea, Garthon Irving and Saerya at this point of the chapter would be quite a number of important characters. Unless I blow up half of the city with wildfire, such a thing is unlikely to happen >:)

All jokes aside, I naturally can't promise that they will all make it out of this chapter alive, though just wait and see, I have something planned for each of these characters, in some capacity at least. Things should get pretty interesting in the coming parts. And one thing I can tell you is this, stay tuned, not everything might be as it seems ;)

Wondering how many more of my favorites will be dead of the end of the chapter...

• The Voting is closed!

Ellena is going to run back into the smoke-filled street

All things considered, this is a smart choice, but at the same time a very dangerous one. Ellena got lucky she managed to get out there the first time without suffocating or even burning. However, this is going to be dangerous for Abbas as well and considering that he has no personal quarrel with Ellena and basically only wants to take her to make up for the loss of income he had from this entire trip to Westeros, it is a good argument to think that he might give up on pursuing her, especially now that he has captured Janae. Speaking of her, I guess now you see why her next part was needed already, so that I don't have to wait even further for Ellena's storyline to start. Ellena herself will have another part pretty soon, though first I will focus on finishing some of the other storylines, as we're almost at the final part of the chapter. I'd say at the current rate, the chapter is going to end in the first half of February.

The next part is most likely going to be out today. The only reason I say most likely is because it might not be the only thing that's going to be out today. A couple of friends have invited me over, but I'll try to finish the part either before that, or afterwards, which would mean another all-nighter, of sorts. This next part is the announced Drent part, featuring solely his PoV and it will include a couple of important things to set up his final part, which will happen shortly afterwards. I already gave a recap last time I closed the voting, so I don't think it'll be necessary now.

However, I have something else for you today! For the first time in forever, there is a little shout-out to a story that has recently started and which you might enjoy. Considering that you all like this story and Game of Thrones/A Song of Ice and Fire in general, I think it's not too far out there to assume that you enjoy the fantasy genre. It has always been one of my favourites and the one I feel is the most critically underrepresented in the entire forum. One man, the brave @Arrodor has set out to change this, by starting his own original fantasy story, called The Last Hour of Osleron. It has started only very recently, with the Prologue posted just today and I believe it definitely needs more readers. You know Arrodor from his Vaasrand mini-series and you know the current readers, which are Mathea, AgentZ46 and me of course, so that means lots of familiar faces. Maybe some of you are interested as well? Arrodor is a good writer, as you know from the Vaasrand parts, so if I managed to gain your curiosity, help him out by joining his story right here!

• Alright, I'll jump in quickly before the next part with my new set of drawings :D This time we have a bunch of supporting cast from Raylansfair, I hope you enjoy.

enter image description here

• These look really great. I really like how Alan turned out. I can definitely see a guy like that trying to flirt with a barmaid. Real smug. Also Aditha looks really great too. But one question though, who the heck is Federico Snow?

Alright, I'll jump in quickly before the next part with my new set of drawings This time we have a bunch of supporting cast from Raylansfair, I hope you enjoy.

• He's the hero Raylansfair deserves, but not the one it needs right now.

Bounden posted: »

These look really great. I really like how Alan turned out. I can definitely see a guy like that trying to flirt with a barmaid. Real smug. Also Aditha looks really great too. But one question though, who the heck is Federico Snow?

• Time and again, these drawings are incredible! I actually start to get a hard time not to repeat myself with the praise because I enjoy them so much =) Although I think that this set actually features some of your best work I've seen so far, especially in terms of clothes. Alan, I mean, wow! You know how the saying goes, clothes mak the man. He looks exactly like imagined, the kind of guy that wouldn't be too out of place at court, but at the same time so incredibly smug. He and Aditha both have a very great and unique style which I enjoy a lot. Speaking of, it's hard to say who is my favourite, either Alan or Aditha. With her, I especially like that there definitely is a similarity between her and the other Nathamer's. These family similarities are always among my favourite things about your drawings, which is why I am always happy when I can give you the description of a character who already has family members in the story. Aditha is definitely a character I look forward of working more with in the future. And I shit you not, Carma looks 100% as imagined. I always like to speculate how your interpretation of the character is ultimately going to look (and most of the time I'm pretty close with my guesses) and Carma looks exactly the way I thought her to look, so this is great. Then there is Vaasrand, with whom I was less curious how he would look (because of how distinctive his inspiration has been), but more about how he would look in your style. Save to say, he looks great! I am also happy to see this portrait about Flabbergasted. I still feel a bit bad for constantly sidelining him, but at least he got this super neat portrait. Fun fact is, I actually had a legitimately hard time imagening his appearance for a while. Problem is that because of his southern name, I always depicted him with light brown skin and I was shocked to read through his description again and find out that my mental image of him has been completely wrong. Ever since, it has been hard to find a fitting mental image of him. I won't have that problem anymore, thanks to you, but it kinda is too late for him now :D Anyways, come to think of it, my favourite is probably Alan. Aditha is neat as well, but Alan looks absolutely amazing. Great work as always, thank you very much!

Alright, I'll jump in quickly before the next part with my new set of drawings This time we have a bunch of supporting cast from Raylansfair, I hope you enjoy.

• A minor mistake, I'm afraid, but none I could blame Wildling for, given that I myself have more than once made mistakes while writing this name. In fact, I think I even gave him the wrong name back when I sent the description, so I take full responsibility for this and am incredibly sorry for it. This drawing shows a rarely featured character, the young guardsman who recently died in a heroic way in Jenna's latest part, a certain Benedict Cumberbatch or something like that, if I'm not mistaken.

These look really great. I really like how Alan turned out. I can definitely see a guy like that trying to flirt with a barmaid. Real smug. Also Aditha looks really great too. But one question though, who the heck is Federico Snow?

• Lol, for a second I thought I had actually written it wrong :D

A minor mistake, I'm afraid, but none I could blame Wildling for, given that I myself have more than once made mistakes while writing this n

• Oh I thought I was the only one who imagined Fedora Snow with Dornish skin. Phew, I was kinda surprised when I saw the picture and was reminded of how he was Northern and all.

Time and again, these drawings are incredible! I actually start to get a hard time not to repeat myself with the praise because I enjoy them

• Well, keep in mind his name is Flamingo Snow and not Feline Sand, Fahrenheit Flowers or Finland Rivers. I know, I know, it is a very southern name, but come to think of it, his last name being Snore kind of gave his real heritage away.

Oh I thought I was the only one who imagined Fedora Snow with Dornish skin. Phew, I was kinda surprised when I saw the picture and was reminded of how he was Northern and all.

• edited January 2017

Drent

Regretfully, Drent shook his head, refusing to shake Ian Shortwood's hand. “I'm sorry, Ser”, he said. “But if I leave my post now, people will die” Shortwood's hand remained hovering in front of him for a moment, as the knight's hopeful expression slowly died, replaced by grim anger. “If you don't help me, people will die”, he growled.

Drent sighed. “I can understand you”, he said, trying to calm him down. “But I have my orders” Shortwood lowered his hand and clenched it into a fist. “Your orders”, he said tonelessly. “Because it's always a good thing to follow your orders, right? Like a drone” He narrowed his eyes. “Fine then, go. But I'll hold you responsible for the consequences. You and your lot”

He turned around to leave, as Drent called after him. “What is that supposed to mean?”, he asked, surprised by such a rather direct threat. Shortwood stopped and looked over his shoulder. “You'll see in time”, he said in a low, angry tone. “Yes, you'll see” With these ominous words, he continued moving, soon vanishing behind a corner.

Once more, Montclair's horn sounded. “Fall back!”, the sergeant yelled, his rough voice sounding through the streets. “Fall back and regroup!” Drent glanced at the spot where Shortwood had been just a moment ago, before he followed the order. Deep down however, he had to ask himself if this has truly been the best course of action. The hedge knight had just shown legitimate anger and Drent could even understand him. And given the skills he demonstrated, it remained to be seen if angering him had truly been a wise move.

With an anxious feeling, Drent stepped out of the narrow alleyway and onto the sidestreet. He already heard the distant sounds of fighting, sounds that slowly came closer. As he spotted the other soldiers, he saw that they had gathered behind a shieldwall, fighting a losing battle against the Ironborn, who crashed against their steels like a tidal wave.

Montclair was cowering behind his men, with Torrence kneeling next to him. The young man was clearly wounded, a fresh, yet already bloody bandage around his side. He grinned as he spotted Drent. “Just a flesh wound”, he said and Montclair looked up. “Golton, you're there”, he stated.

Drent threw a worried look at Torrence and Montclair shook his head. “Don't go all mopey on me now, he'll survive it”, he growled. “But I wouldn't if he wouldn't have taken that blow” He gave Torrence a nod. “You've proven your worth, Bernile”

Torrence chuckled. “You know, I can feel my lungs, sergeant. I don't think I'm supposed to do that”, he replied and Montclair shook his head. “You're not”, he stated. “Which is why I'm gonna get you to the gate. Your sister should get a look at you”

As he spoke these words, Torrence grimaced. “Edonia?”, he said and made it sound like a curse. “Ugh, I'd take anyone, but her?” Montclair silenced him with a glare. “Her”, he confirmed. “As a matter of fact, I know your sister can probably do something for you right now. At the very least she can make sure you're not hurting yourself even worse”

Drent raised an eyebrow. “You're going to get him to the gates, Ser?”, he asked. “I could do that as well” Montclair shook his head. “Negative, soldier”, he replied. “I want to use this chance to convince Argella to fall back to the castle again” He sighed as he looked at the shieldwall, whose only strength was the relatively narrow street. “We're fighting a losing battle here. We suffered losses and will suffer more. We bought the city time, that's all we can”

“You disapprove of her decision to go out here?”, Drent asked and Montclair gave him a silent nod. “Then why didn't you say anything back at the castle?” Now, Montclair smirked. “Because I am a soldier. I don't question my orders. Besides, you remained silent as well”

He stood up and helped Torrence as well. “Aye, I know. Don't look so surprised now, you had disapproval written all over your face”, he growled. “And yet you remained silent. So don't tell me when to speak up, Golton” He sighed. “On top of that, I mostly disapprove of her being out here. I don't have to tell you what happens if she dies here”, he continued. “I'd rather not burn this kingdom down on behalf of her father”

Now, his gaze got equal parts stern and expecting. “I want you to hold the line until I return”, he said and Drent tensed up. “Me?”, he asked. “But, Ser, I'm not a...” Montclair cut him off, silencing any criticism Drent might have been able to bring up. “Nonsense, Golton!”, he barked. “I wouldn't appoint you if I wouldn't have faith in you” He shook his head. “Besides, it won't be for long. I'll be back soon”, he added. “I know you can do it. Fight bravely, soldier!” He started to walk towards the main street, helping Torrence walk by wrapping an arm around his shoulder. Drent sighed, as he remained behind.

Tightly clutching his spear, he turned to the shield wall. The men looked at him with nervousness. They had driven the Ironborn off, for now, though their remaining numbers were only half a dozen men.Drent gulped, looking into the hollowed faces of the soldiers. “You heard him”, he said. “Shields up!”

He expected the Ironborn to attack again. What he did not expect was that they attacked from several directions, swarming out of the alleyways the Stormlanders had defended just before Montclair had gathered them again. A small tactical mistake, although it was unlikely they could have held the alleyways either way. With horror, Drent had to realize that despite their numbers, the Stormlanders simply weren't enough to win the fight here, not even to tip the scales. They could buy the city time, they were buying it right now and they were paying with their lives.

Several of the Ironborn had taken the longer, silent way through the alleyways and instead of branding against the sturdy shieldwall, they were attacking the Stormlanders from behind. At the same time, a number took the direct approach heads on. Drent's eyes widened as he realized that they were surrounded. “Incoming!”, he yelled, just as the Ironborn attacked.

The Stormlanders fought bravely, that was all that Drent could say. They reacted quickly, in the attempt to split their shieldwall and to cover their vulnerable backs. It was not quick enough. The first Ironborn plunged his axe into the head of a soldier, splitting the man's skull, before Drent retaliated, by shoving his spear through the raider's neck.

He removed the weapon just in time to parry an axe. Using the force of his own movement, he managed to slam the lower end of the spear against his opponents head, but his attempt at ending the raider's life was thwarted by a second raider who knocked the spear to the side with his cudgel. The blunt weapon, reinforced with iron plates, crushed against Drent's chest, causing him to stagger backwards, against one of his own men. Only through sheer force of will did he manage to remain standing, though the pain was immense.

It was a small wonder that his spear managed to hold against the brutal force of the cudgel without breaking. It was even more of a wonder that Drent managed to hold against it without sinking to his knees. When the raider raised his brutish weapon again, Drent pushed his spear against it and took a step closer, making it unable for the raider to lower his weapon again.

The man glared at him and his stench was numbing, as Drent, using all his strength, brought the side of the spear against his neck. He sliced through it, just a minor cut, but enough for the raider to stagger backwards. This was the opportunity he needed, as he rammed his spear through his opponents belly.

With a scream, he removed the weapon again, parrying the next strike, as the Ironborn advanced without mercy. His men died, one by one. They fought bravely, trained soldiers they were. For every one of them, two of the Ironborn breathed their last, but Drent knew, they couldn't win.

His next opponent was the man he had already stunned once, now returning with a vengeance. His attacks were hard and fast and Drent, already suffering from the strike against his chest, barely managed to parry. The axe even dug into the lower hilt of his spear, ruining half of the weapon with one strike.

It was then that someone hit him from behind. The blade of an axe cut through the leather, though the sturdy craftsmanship prevented any serious damage to his body. It still dug lightly into his back and pain flared up. With a scream, Drent staggered forwards and the Ironborn he fought against used this opportunity to punch him straight in the face.

His fist hit him from the side and Drent sank to the ground. As he fell, he saw the last of his men being hacked apart by a tall Ironborn with a great axe. All in all, there were only four of the raiders still alive, but if more would arrive, they would be able to flank the force at the gate.

The man he had fought against now knelt down, one knee on top of Drent's chest, preventing him from breathing. “Squirm, little man”, he growled, as he throw a punch at Drent's unprotected face. This was followed by another punch and yet another, as Drent's head was trapped between the Ironborn's fist and the muddy ground. His senses dulles, he was only able to groan in pain.

“Let go of him!” The voice cut through the dullness, sharp enough to cause the Ironborn to stop. He glanced to his side. “I said let go of him at once!”, Argella barked again, as she approached the raiders. She was on her own, though filled with anger, holding the sword and shield Drent had gotten for her. A sight for sore eyes, but all alone not particularly intimidating, as the raider proved.

A laugh came out of his throat. “What are you supposed to be?”, he asked, as he raised from Drent's chest. He spread his arms, as she slowly came closer. The other raiders joined in on his laughter, as he approached her, leaving his companions behind. “Come on, doll, put down that sword before you hurt yourself”, the raider continued, still chuckling. “That's a joke, isn't it?”

He lowered his guard as she let go of her sword. The weapon fell to the ground and sank into the mud, tip first. The raider glanced over his shoulders at his companions, an eyebrow raised and he made the fatal mistake of not paying attention to her for a second. As Argella reached him, she grabbed the shield with both hands and before he could react, she had slammed the edge of the shield, fortified with heavy iron, right into his face.

His laughter died as he staggered backwards. With nothing but a low growl, Argella slammed the shield into his face again, this time hard enough to send him to the ground. Her growl grew louder, as she brought the shield down onto his face again and again. She needed four strikes until Drent heard a cracking sound and she let go of the raider after another five strikes, pulling the shield out of the ruin that once was his head. “Does it still look like a fucking joke to you?”, she barked, as she quickly reached for her sword.

The other Ironborn readied their weapons now, after remaining silent for the duration of Argella beating their companion to death. One of them was even grinning during the scene, as Drent noticed. So much for camaraderie among the raiders. But now that she had turned her attention towards them, she obviously stopped being amusing. Now, she posed a threat and Drent knew how they dealt with threats.

“Argella”, he gasped, his wounds preventing him from being any louder. The burning pain in his back even forced him to remain on the ground. “Just... go... get the others” Argella sent him a brief, sharp glare, though remained silent, as she instead fully focussed onto the incoming raiders.

What neither Drent nor the princess have expected was the arrival of another fighter. Behind the raiders, enough for them to take note of him, stepped a heavily armoured man, a knight in black and red. He held a longsword and a shield, full steel, the three-headed dragon on top. Since he wasn't wearing a helmet, Drent saw that he was in his age, with a handsome face and golden-blonde hair.

Obviously recognizing him as a threat, one of the three remaining raiders, the man with the great axe, turned towards him, while the other two charged at Argella. The Storm Princess raised her shield to parry the first attack, while using her sword to knock aside the second. She quickly used the opening this successful parry left her with to plunge her sword into the lower chest of one of these raiders.

The other one tried to bring his axe down onto her head, though she knocked his weapon upwards, by parrying with the iron edge of her shield, using the same movement to push him against a wall. “I swear, if you bleed on me...”, she hissed, as she pierced his belly with her sword, quickly pushing the weapon upwards through his entrails.

With a disgusted look on her face, she let go of the dead man. “Of course he bled on me”, she spat, though her gaze softened as she saw Drent. A few feet away from her, the golden-haired knight just finished off the raider with the great axe and for the first time, Drent noticed how odd it was to see a Targaryen knight here. Odd, yet dangerous.

“What is it?”, Argella asked as she approached him, a smirk on her face. “You don't expect me to help you up, do you?” She did so regardless, reached down for him and he accepted her help. His back ached with agony, but he gave her a smile. “Thank you”, he said in a sincere tone and she sighed. “Don't you dare mentioning it”, she replied. “Montclair is already going to bark at me for just leaving” She rolled her eyes. “But he can be tiresome. This here? Far better”

Now, she put her attention onto the knight. Her eyes widened, barely noticeable, as she noticed the sigil on his shield. “And to whom do I owe the help, good Ser?”, she asked, as the man flashed her a bright smile. “Ser Gordar Celtigar”, he said and this time, Argella gulped notably. “But for you, fair maiden, I could be anyone”

“Princess?”, Drent asked and as he heard his words, Gordar's smile faded instantly. “Princess...”, he repeated, a mixture of curiosity and anger on his face. “Argella Durrandon” She gave him a nod and he took a step towards, her though he stopped instantly. “That explains your reaction to my name. You remember my cousin, do you?”

She gave him another nod. “How... how is the ambassador?”, she asked and briefly, sorrow flared up on Gordar's face. “He is dead”, he stated. “Your maester did a sloppy work with patching him up after your father crippled him. His wounds reopened and he died miserably before even reaching the border of your kingdom” He paused for a second and the look on his face grew outright hateful. “He leaves behind a wife and two children”

Argella's facial expression dropped instantly. “I...”, she gasped and for the first time since Drent saw her, she looked truly shocked. “I did not know” Gordar shook his head. “Of course not. You knew nothing of him”, he said. “Didn't stop you from laughing at him when your father punished him. Didn't stop you from humiliating his men”

By now, the princess looked genuinely shaken by his words. She attempted to say something, but Gordar didn't let her. “And all he did was repeating the words of his king. Did he truly hurt you so much that it justified your father's reaction? That it justified yours?”

Unable to look at him, Argella bit down onto her lower lip, heavily. “No”, she gave in. “I was wrong. Gods, Father was wrong” Gordar narrowed his eyes. “You were. He did not hurt you”, he agreed. “But you, you and your father, you have caused so much pain to my family. What the Storm King took away from us... you couldn't even begin to understand it”

“You'd... be surprised”, Argella said weakly, but it was Drent who truly spoke up, noticing how visibly distraught she was by this unexpected confrontation. “This is quite enough, Ser”, he growled, dragging himself between Argella and the knight. “We are thankful for your help, but I think it is better if you leave now”

Gordar glanced down at the sword in his hand. He sighed, as he put it away. “So be it”, he said. “You'll get what you deserve in time, Princess Argella” He turned around, walking back to the direction he came from. A few feet away, he stopped again and glanced over his shoulder. “He is here, you know”, he stated. “Ser Orys. The man you spurned for being a bastard. The best man I have ever met. My cousin hasn't been the only one you've been wrong about, you know, not the only one you've wronged”

He left, leaving a shaken Argella behind. “Gods...”, she muttered. “By the gods, I had no idea...” She pulled herself back together and looked at Drent. “Are you okay?”, she asked and he gave her a nod. “Are you?”, he replied and she briefly shook her head. “No”, she confirmed. “But I don't think it matters right now”

Heavy footsteps sounded behind them and as Drent and Argella turned around, Sergeant Montclair rushed around it, his face reddened with anger. “Did you just run away?”, he barked. “Did you seriously just leave me in the middle of a fucking conversation?” His genuine anger was even more shocking to Drent than Argella's distraught expression, though she regained some confidence as she dealt with the angry man. “You told me you left Drent behind. I had to make sure he's okay”, she answered and exchanged a short glance with him. “He's a trusted... soldier. A valuable man whom you shouldn't sacrifice like that”

“Sacrifice?”, Montclair bellowed. He stopped to look around at the alleyway full of corpses and it only took him a moment to realize what she was hinting at. “You saved his life?”, he asked and she gave him a nod, followed by a proud smile. He sighed and clenched his fists. “Then you brought yourself in danger”

She gave him another nod. “I'm a Durrandon”, she answered. “That's what we do” Behind Montclair, Torrence and Edonia stumbled around the corner. Edonia had an arm around her brother, which he was visibly uncomfortable with. Garen followed and finally the knight, Leonard Constantine. He was covered in blood, but from the way he moved, Drent decuded that none of it was his. However, the tired, hollow look on his face was concerning nonetheless.

Montclair looked at them. “Princess, we have to leave”, he urged her. “We did what we could” Leonard gave him a nod. “A majority of the people has left for the castle. The attacks increase and my men are almost out of arrows”, the knight added. “These bandits will break through, there is little we can do. I say we retreat to the castle, to make sure the Ironborn won't be able to take it”

Argella raised an eyebrow. “And what's with those who are still here?”, she asked. “We haven't saved them all” Montclair shook his head. “We can't save them all”, he growled in return. “Don't be foolish now. We have done as much as we could. Now, your live is at stake, all of our lives”

Leonard frowned. “I don't like this”, he added. “Not one bit. I would love to save everyone, but the sergeant is right. We can't save them all. I have to make sure that at least some of my men will survive, so I plan to retreat to the castle. Let the Ironborn have an empty city, as long as the people are safe” He paused. “But you and your men, you risked a lot for us tonight. Leaving you here, it wouldn't sit right with me. Princess, I urge you, come with us”

Argella sighed bitterly. “We'd leave people behind...”, she mumbled. “Not as much as we'd lose if we'd stay”, Montclair added, though he didn't really convince her. Seeking for help, she glanced towards Drent. “Anything from you?”, she asked, in a hopeful tone and Drent was torn what he should answer.

[Advice her to continue the fight] [Advice her to retreat to the castle] [Tell her to make her own decision]

• edited January 2017

Nice, I was looking forward to this meeting between Gordar and Argella =) While I have grown to like Argella very much, I still think she did deserve to be called out for that one, even if it is Argilac who's really to blame.

[Advice her to retreat to the castle] What comes to the choice, I think they should really fall back to the castle as quickly as they can. Now, Argella is asking for Drent's opinion, and she trusts him, so we should give our advice.

I wonder what the heck Shortwood has in mind o__O

Drent Regretfully, Drent shook his head, refusing to shake Ian Shortwood's hand. “I'm sorry, Ser”, he said. “But if I leave my post now,

• This part is not as good as the previous one but I'm full aware that this is a set up for the last Drent part (I hope of this chapter)

About the choice I will for now decide to [Advice her to retreat to the castle] since it seems the best (and the most logic ) one.

RT:

• Ian Shortwood is going to seems less "hero that save Lucas and Leonard" and more "guy that go around threatening honest Stormland soldiers", maybe we are going to see his true colours?
    • I'm obviously happy that Argella save Drent but I understand why Montclair has such a bad time,it's hard to protect your princess if she always fight in the front lines
    • A random Gordar save Drent and Argella make the princess,and the readers,remember that she is not with everyone a good person and that she can make even people that don't deserve it suffer.
    • I suppose that Bear and his bandits are still playing with Jarow
    • After this part it seems to me that we are really close at the end of the chapter!

Drent Regretfully, Drent shook his head, refusing to shake Ian Shortwood's hand. “I'm sorry, Ser”, he said. “But if I leave my post now,

• Nice, I was looking forward to this meeting between Gordar and Argella =) While I have grown to like Argella very much, I still think she did deserve to be called out for that one, even if it is Argilac who's really to blame.

Yeah, I know I wanted them to have a confrontation in this chapter, especially considering my plans for the near future of Drent's storyline. This was also the reason I had to cut this PoV out of the last part, as I realized that I needed more room for the things I wished to show here. I am very glad you enjoyed this meeting between them. Certainly won't be the last ;) And I fully agree. It's a bit of an old shame for Argella and she definitely deserved to be called out on it. At the same time, she has grown in terms of personality, which has shown itself by the way she was genuinely shaken by Gordar's words. She knew she had really fucked up back then and she knew her father had fucked up even worse, but so far, she has tried to play it down a bit whenever anyone brought it up. Now, being confronted with one of the people that were personally affected by this incident, she just couldn't do it anymore and had to admit, to herself mostly, that what happened there has been a seriously bad thing. It is part of a new branch of development for her, a rather important one.

I wonder what the heck Shortwood has in mind o__O

Oh... well, maybe nothing, maybe something truly bad. You will see it eventually, that's all I can say. Right now, he is incredibly angry, arguably not without reason, so it remains to be seen what he's going to do.

Nice, I was looking forward to this meeting between Gordar and Argella While I have grown to like Argella very much, I still think she did

• This part is not as good as the previous one but I'm full aware that this is a set up for the last Drent part (I hope of this chapter)

Yes indeed, it was a part in the name of building up some of the things for the near future, whereas the last part was one that held one of the highlights of the chapter, so I must agree that it paled in comparison. Drent's next part should hold some pretty big moments though, so be assured that this will pay off.

Ian Shortwood is going to seems less "hero that save Lucas and Leonard" and more "guy that go around threatening honest Stormland soldiers", maybe we are going to see his true colours?

Maybe. Shortwood is a very mysterious guy and it's clear that to some extent, he is hiding something. Of course, it has also been hinted that he has a reason to be angry at the Stormlanders. Last time they met, Drent did try to capture him, which really got on his bad side. This time, he refused to help a group of innocents, which further angered our dear hedge knight, so his threats weren't exactly without foundation. But he is definitely not entirely the shining hero he presented himself as in Lucas' part in Chapter 6. There is some depth to him which we're going to see in the future and some darker shades.

I'm obviously happy that Argella save Drent but I understand why Montclair has such a bad time,it's hard to protect your princess if she always fight in the front lines

Oh yes, poor Montclair doesn't have an easy job. With Emphryus at the castle, he is basically the highest officer here and unlike Argella, he has experience. In fact, he has so much experience that he sees the danger her reckless behaviour puts her into and after witnessing it on several occasions, he snapped a bit in this part. Argella definitely did not expect this, but it's part of the reason she even considers listening to him.

A random Gordar save Drent and Argella make the princess,and the readers,remember that she is not with everyone a good person and that she can make even people that don't deserve it suffer.

Another important fact here. Argella has started the story as a different person and while she nowadays wouldn't act like she did back then, this doesn't change the fact that she did do something pretty scummy she barely tried to atone for so far. The past chapters served the purpose to show her better side, but there's some serious baggage from earlier parts she's still dragging around. Gordar's words have made her realize this and save to say, she does agree with this, that her actions (as well as her inaction when her father mutilated the ambassador), have caused great harm. She probably would like to atone for it, but it remains to be seen if she gets the chance to do so.

I suppose that Bear and his bandits are still playing with Jarow

Actually, Leonard mentioned that the bandits are in front of the gates already, part of the reason he realizes that his men have to retreat. I even wanted to give him a line about that guy in the bear armour leading them, but it would have felt a bit too forced. So, Jarow did slow them down a lot at least, if you consider how much earlier the Second Sons have broken through their gate, but in some way, they have gotten past him by now.

After this part it seems to me that we are really close at the end of the chapter!

Yes, we are! We are very close to the end of the chapter. I believe a realistic guess at this point would be that there are 5 parts left, or maybe 6 if I need an entire part for Drent's next PoV. Next will be Ilish and Arthur, followed by a triple PoV of Maya, Ellena and Kersea, followed by one final PoV for Alys, Willfred, John and Drent, likely in two parts, though I haven't decided on the order yet (Likely Alys/Drent followed by Willfred/John), followed by the chapter finale with PoV's from Torvin, Sadie and Lucas. The biggest twists are yet to come ;)

This part is not as good as the previous one but I'm full aware that this is a set up for the last Drent part (I hope of this chapter) Ab

• [Advice her to retreat to the castle]

• [Tell her to make her own decision]

• [Advice her to continue the fight] If there's even a chance that they could save lives I'll always take it. Morality over survival any day for me. Though I honestly won't mind the other choice.

I wonder what she was gonna call Drent.... ;)
    Pssh, soldier she says.

• [Tell her to make her own decision]

• [Advice her to retreat to the castle] We gotta regroup so we can properly fight against the raiders. And glad to see some of Team Targs kicking some butt.

If Leonard wills then it must be done.

Shortwood and Celtigar seem pretty pissed. Oh well it'll be fine.

Hm. I'm wondering what the climax of this chapter is going to be. Obviously Sadie vs. Durren Stallhart is going to be part of it, but Lucas and Torvin. Hm. I wonder. Lucas is helping Darren to the castle, while Torvin was going to the city center. Hm.

• Would Lucas have met the assassins if he chased after Harris?

• To answer in short, yes, he would. However, he would have arrived after Harris' death, too late to influence anything about the way that fight went down. Instead, he would have arrived in Kersea's next part and would have influenced her storyline there. Since the part isn't written yet, I can't go into too much detail about what he would have done, but I'll definitely elaborate on this in the alternative choices.

Would Lucas have met the assassins if he chased after Harris?

• I wonder what she was gonna call Drent.... ;)
    Pssh, soldier she says.

Hm, a good question. I bet it was something like tool, or maybe pawn if she feels affectionate :p Though I can assure you that Drent did notice that she almost tripped over her tongue there.

[Advice her to continue the fight] If there's even a chance that they could save lives I'll always take it. Morality over survival any day f

• Shortwood and Celtigar seem pretty pissed. Oh well it'll be fine.

Well, maybe it will indeed be fine. Both are highly pissed and arguably, both have their reasons. On top of that, neither is to be taken lightly, so if they decide to get revenge, they might have the means to do so. Their opinions on the Stormlands in general and Argella in particular are going to play a part in something I have planned for later.

Hm. I'm wondering what the climax of this chapter is going to be. Obviously Sadie vs. Durren Stallhart is going to be part of it, but Lucas and Torvin. Hm. I wonder. Lucas is helping Darren to the castle, while Torvin was going to the city center. Hm.

Sadie vs Durren is somewhat confirmed indeed and you are right, this is where we have last seen Lucas and Torvin and this is roughly where we're going to see them again. I plan for very big things to happen in all three PoV's, including a couple of brutal twists for each of them. This should be good =)

[Advice her to retreat to the castle] If Leonard wills then it must be done. Shortwood and Celtigar seem pretty pissed. Oh well it'll

The biggest twists are yet to come ;)

Sherryl Flowers up to no good as usual. >:)

You know, I'm really intrigued to see more of her background as a person. She grew up with a bastard title and a poor background yet we don't know how she got to the point where she's at today. That doesn't mean I like her as a person but she must've drawn inspiration from someone and I don't believe she used to always be like this.

• Sherryl Flowers up to no good as usual. >:)

Hehe, an interesting theory. We haven't seen her in a while now and all you know is that she's up to something really bad. Of course I have something planned there and I think you'll see it once the time has come, which will be relatively soon =)

You know, I'm really intrigued to see more of her background as a person. She grew up with a bastard title and a poor background yet we don't know how she got to the point where she's at today. That doesn't mean I like her as a person but she must've drawn inspiration from someone and I don't believe she used to always be like this.

You're right, there is more to her. She has come a long way to get the position she's at right now and she changed a lot as a person on the way. After all, Tariel and Aditha used to be genuine friends with her, so she has been different once. She has been inspired and influenced to rise to such a position and little of it has been revealed so far. I have eventually planned to give you a full picture about Sherryl in the near future, which should answer every question you might have about her backstory.

StarKing789 posted: »

[Advice her to retreat to the castle] The biggest twists are yet to come Sherryl Flowers up to no good as usual. You know

• [Advise her to retreat to the castle]

• edited January 2017

[Advice her to retreat to the castle]

This is just the better option in my eyes. I don't want to risk losing even more than what we can save. Plus, as Montclair and Leonard said, they've done as much as they could, and there isn't much else for them to do at the city.

• The Voting is closed!

Drent is going to advice Argella to retreat to the castle

Well, I was expecting you to choose this. Argella certainly won't be happy, but it's not like she has much of a choice now, with so many people urging her to leave. She has hoped for Drent to give her any sort of argument to stay, but as you correctly realized, there are few truly good arguments to stay. That means, the Stormlanders will retreat to the castle now. Drent will have one more part in this chapter in which you'll see the big finale of his storyline for now.

The next part is most likely going to be out today. I have somewhat limited time, since I have to get out really early tomorrow, but I have made progress with the part and hope to finish it by the time I have to go to bed this evening. So, let's see if that works out. This next part will feature the final PoV's for Ilish and Arthur in this chapter. The last time we saw Ilish was quite a while ago. Back then, she and Ryler have made their way through Raylansfair in pursuit of Wolfius. However, they encountered the wounded guardsman Valarr Roux, who was stabbed by Wolfius and left to bleed out. While Ryler urged Ilish to come with him, she refused and instead decided to get Valarr to safety. Meanwhile, Arthur and Mathea were also on their way to Wolfius' location, albeit unknowingly, since they actually just wanted to safe Lyria, Rosalie and Urid. As you know, they are a tiny bit too late for that. They also heard the sound of fighting in the distance and on Mathea's insistance, Arthur decided to check it out, to see if he can help anyone.

• Ilish

“Hang on, please”, Ilish gasped, as she dragged Valarr across the eerily deserted town square, towards the doors of the tavern. The guardsman was in a bad shape. She had seen wounds before, she had treated wounds, but her knowledge didn't go further than simple first aid techniques. She knew, what Valarr needed was more than that. Clean water, real bandages, not the rags she had to offer. It was already a wonder that his wound wasn't infected. At least she hopes that it wasn't infected. It wasn't something she knew much about. Seven Hells, why had she never paid any attention to these sort of stuff?

With a gasp, she pushed open the door to the tavern, before even throwing a look inside. “Help, Audrey!”, she yelled, before she realized just what was happening in there. Three men looked up, from the tabard they were wearing, she recognized them as Second Sons. Two other didn't wore a tabard, but she could guess that they were Ironborn. One of them stood above the corpse of a man she barely recognized. She had seen him around at the tavern on some occasions, but that was it. Others were there as well, their bodies dead, mutilated beyond recognition.

Two others were standing above Audrey, who was lying in front of the door that led down to the cellar. She was still slightly moving and alive, even though they had beaten her heavily. Still, she was blocking the door in a way that made it impossible for the men to get past her. The wooden spoon she had used to defend herself was broken and one of the Ironborn showed a nasty bruise below his eye, but it didn't change anything about how horrifying this sight was.

Out of reflex, she let go of Valarr, who sank to the ground, as she stumbled backwards. One of the sellswords gave another a nod. “Take her”, he growled and the two men started to approach her. As Ilish turned around to run, she almost bumped into another man, though this time, she noticed that he was neither Ironborn nor Second Son.

He had silvery white hair, tied into a high ponytail, a full beard and strange, almost orange eyes that were looking at her. His body, including the face, was covered in scars and he had to be supported by two other men, whom she recognized both. They were regular customers, Axell Snow and Ed Magabaz. And the man, she knew him as well, if only distantly. He was one of the guests at the tavern, though she had never caught his name before.

One of the sellswords caught up to her instantly, grabbing her and pushing her back into the room. She tripped over the barely conscious Valarr and fell onto the ground, as the sellsword put his attention towards the three men.

“Well, what do we have here?”, he asked with a grin and clenched his fists. It was Axell who reacted first. He let go of the silver-haired man, putting a hand onto the hilt of his sword. The sellsword was faster, as his closed fist hit the farmer in the face. The young man was knocked out flatly in an instant. “Axell!”, Ed yelled and he let go of his companion without any prompt, staggering back a few feet. The sellsword laughed, as he took another few steps towards him. With a shrill gasp, Ed turned around and fled, running up to the castle.

Finally, the sellsword put his attention towards the silver-haired man, who stared back at him with shaky eyes, his wounds undoubtedly affecting him. He tried to take a step towards the sellsword, but his feet gave in and he landed on the ground, heavily. With a laughter, the sellsword turned his attention back towards Ilish, who was now trying to crawl away. She couldn't get past him, so the only way she had to get even some space between her and the men was the tavern, as her heart almost missed a beat in fear.

She jumped back onto her knees, crawling as fast as she could, knowing that it would take too long to stand up. But even then, her attempt at fleeing was expectedly futile. One of the sellswords grabbed her at the collar and yanked her towards him, throwing her right onto his back. He gave her a leering grin. “At least one girl”, he chuckled. “And quite a comely one”

One of the Ironborn raised an eyebrow. “The fuck's a comely?”, he asked, though he glanced at Ilish with growing interest. When she tried to crawl back again, one of the sellswords put a boot onto her belly. “Stay here, sweetheart”, he hissed. “This'll be a night you won't forget so soon”

“Eh, should we save her for Rodrik?”, the third sellsword asked and the man shook his head in an irritated way. “Rodrik has his blonde bitch he won't shut up about”, he spat. “I like em with dark hair” As he spoke, Ilish's hand moved behind her back, as she slowly narrowed her eyes. The sellsword that had beaten down Axell and the other man laughed at these words. “She looks like a boy with that short hair”, he said in a mocking tone. “You like em boys, eh? The younger the better”

The sellsword glared at the man who said that and his hand moved to his sword. “What did you say?”, he growled and for a second, he paid no attention towards Ilish. She used this to make a bold move, as she put the small knife she had been wearing behind her back right into the side of his boot and into the foot below. The man bellowed in pain, but he stumbled backwards, only a table preventing his fall.

“Bitch!”, he yelled, as she jumped up. Pointing the knife at them, five men at once, she moved to the window. It was a small chance, a tiny one. A million to one or even less. But it was the only one she had. Or so she thought. As the men focussed entirely on her, they did not immediately saw the silver-haired man who had entered the tavern again. He was sweating heavily from his wounds and the pain, but he moved without being slowed down.

One of the men charged at Ilish, but her unlikely saviour reached him first, grabbing him by the shoulders and throwing him to the ground. His closed fist hit another man in the face, before he had positioned himself between Ilish and her attackers. “Close your eyes”, he whispered, though she was too shocked by his sudden help to follow the order. As a result, she had to witness the following scene.

It was five against one. They stood without a chance. The third man had a knife, but the silver-haired man wrestled it from his hands in a look that seemed far too easy. He took a swing at the fourth man, one of the Ironborn, embedding his blade below the man's armpit. As he pulled it out, he grabbed the fifth man's weapon, a cudgel, at the hilt, to cut the attacker's throat.

Quickly spinning around, he yanked his knee upwards and into another man's chest, before pushing the knife into the head of the man Ilish had stabbed already, the blade entering his body from the lower jaw upwards. He pulled it out, to push it through the eye socket of the final Ironborn, deeply into the man's head. He left it there, as he dodged the attack of the final opponent, only to wrap his strong arms around the sellsword's neck.

“What... what are you doing?”, the man managed to gasp in fear. The silver-haired man's reply was a chillingly calm growl. “Killing monsters”, he uttered, as he moved his arms only slightly, just enough to break the man's neck. He let go of the corpse, adding it to the others on the ground.

He gave Ilish a slight glare and she instantly dropped her knife. This was followed by his approving nod. “You're save now”, he told her and she managed to slightly smile at him, despite the bloodshed she had just witnessed. He did not reciprocate it, but she was sure he appreciated it nonetheless. Instead of smiling, he glanced at Audrey. “Check on her”, he ordered, while he turned towards Valarr. “I'll take care of him”

This time, he didn't have to ask twice, as she instantly rushed towards the innkeeper. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw Axell dragging himself into the tavern, conscious, but with a nasty bruise on his face. He had to wait. For now, all that mattered was Audrey, as she sank to her knees next to the fat woman.

“Audrey”, she gasped, checking her pulse. She sighed in relief as she noticed that the woman had only lost her consciousness, not her life. From below the stairs, she heard a commotion and just a second later, Daisy rushed up the stairs. She tried so at least, as Megur had grabbed her at the waist, to push her back, so that she could be the first to run up.

“Mother”, she screamed at the sight of the wounded Audrey. Tears were streaming down her face, as she broke down next to her mother. Behind her, Daisy finally came up the stairs, what little anger she had on her face instantly fading as she saw the corpses and the sorry state Audrey was in. “Gods...”, she gasped. “What... what are we going to do?”

Ilish gulped, as she looked at the silver-haired man, who was looking at Valarr's wounds. Axell was leaning next to the door and he looked at her instead. “I think we have to get out of here”, she finally stated, with a look at Audrey. “She needs help. The healer at the castle” She looked at Megur and Daisy. “You two have to help me to carry her. You too Axell!”, she ordered in a barking tone, way more commanding than her usual one. “We have to get to safety” A smile formed on her face as she realized that Audrey would survive this night. They all would. For the first time in hours, Ilish Granver had not the shadow of doubt about this.

No Choices for this part

Arthur

In a crouching position, Arthur started to sneak closer to the source of the noise. By now, a growling sound had been added to the cacophony, undoubtedly coming from a large animal. He threw a glance at Mathea, ordering her with a hand gesture to stay back. Of course she did not follow this order and with a sigh, he gave up on convincing her of it. Instead, he continued to sneak down the alleyway. Arriving at the corner, he glanced around it.

There was a dog, a large hound, its teeth sunken into the throat of a man. A second man had just breathed his last, as the person standing above him had plunged a greatsword into his chest. Both of the dead showed a symbol on their tabard, a broken sword on a field of white. The person, Arthur assumed that it was a man, was slightly shorter than him, with a slim built, yet he held the greatsword without trouble. His face was hidden underneath a truly gruesome helmet, reminding Arthur of the stylized head of a cat, or maybe a lion.

He stopped, trying his best not to gain any attention from this person. He raised his hand and this time, Mathea did stop, looking at him with wide, curious eyes. He shook his head and put a finger onto his lips, as he continued to glance around the corner, in the hopes that the man would just leave without spotting them.

And indeed, the stranger started to continue walking down the street. Arthur clenched his fists and in this moment, the dog stopped walking. At the same moment, the stranger stopped as well, glancing at his dog, who started to growl, while glaring at the corner Arthur and Mathea were hiding behind.

Slowly, the stranger pointed his greatsword at the corner. “Who's there?”, he asked, his voice slightly muffled by the helmet. As he spoke, it gained a low, threatening tone. “Get out” His hound lowered its head and showed its teeth as a snarling growl came out of its throat. Arthur glanced over his shoulder at Mathea, still putting the finger onto his lips, as he rose from the ground and stepped around the corner.

Instantly, the growling got louder, but the dog did not attack on its own. The man with the mask pointed the sword right at him. “The other one as well”, he ordered in a barking tone. Arthur tensed up, but before he was able to say anything, Mathea stood already next to him, entirely fearless.

“Who are you?”, she asked and after a moment of hesitating, the dog stopped growling. The stranger looked at his animal, before he lowered his sword. “Wolfsbane likes you”, he stated and Arthur was able to see his eyes narrowing. “And you're from the city guard?”

After only staring at him for a moment, Arthur took a deep breath and gave him a nod. “Yes”, he replied. “My name is Arthur Nathamer. This is Mathea, our healer” He looked from the stranger to the hound and then to the two dead men. “Who are you?”, he asked.

The man now put his sword away again, obviously seeing no threat in either of them. “My name is Ryler Grimthorn”, he replied. “What are you doing here? It's not safe for people like you” Arthur glanced at Mathea who answered in his stead. “We're saving my patients”, she told him. “They are at my house, down the street and won't be able to make it to the castle alone”

Ryler glanced into the direction she pointed at. “Down there?”, he asked and she gave him a nod. “Then it appears we're sharing part of the way” Arthur raised an eyebrow. “What are... what are you doing here exactly?”, he asked, still baffled by the general appearance. The mask was perhaps the strangest detail, but ultimately there were few truly normal things about him.

“I'm chasing someone”, Ryler growled and his voice got colder. “The man you failed to kill” Arthur tensed up. “You're after Wolfius?”, he asked and Ryler gave him a nod, though he did not elaborate. “I can escort you part of the way, guardsman”, he answered instead. “Just don't stand in my way if we encounter my target”

He started to move, his hound following loyally. Arthur pulled himself together after the unexpected sight. He and Mathea exchanged a nod and both started to move. “You mentioned your target”, the healer said. “Are you a bounty hunter?” Ryler shook his head. “Not this time”, he growled. “This is personal”

“So you are going to kill him”, Mathea stated in a tone that was so neutral that it was impossible for Arthur to tell if she was hiding approval or disapproval of such a choice. Ryler gave her a nod. “That's the plan”, he replied. “I should have killed him long ago” Arthur sighed at these words. “I bet you're not the first to regret sparing him”, he told him.

“It's not only that”, Ryler explained. “Wolfius is a schemer. Deranged, yes, but not stupid. He always has something up his sleeve. He had it when I last met him and I'm sure he had some trick prepared during your confrontation as well” He glanced over his shoulder at Arthur. “I doubt he could have escaped so easily otherwise”

Arthur sighed. “Yeah...”, he agreed. “Right... About that...” He was stopped when Mathea let out an audible gasp. It took him a second longer to realize what she meant, but he tensed up as he saw it. It was Mathea's small house in the distance, the door completely ripped apart. “Oh no...”, she mumbled. Before she was able to rush towards it, Ryler quickly extended a hand to hold her back. “Slow down!”, he growled. “Wolfsbane has followed Wolfius' scent until this point. He might still be here!”

Mathea shook your head. “No, you don't understand!”, she hissed. “Wolfius, he was after my patients, he was trying to kill them! What he did to Lyria and Rosalie...!” She broke free of Ryler's grip, though did not rush immediately. Ryler gave her a nod, as he charged at the house instead. Arthur remained at Mathea's side as they followed her and he noticed how the healer was visibly losing her cool.

The masked man stopped in the empty doorframe and depite his lean build, he was almost filling it entirely. Almost. Arthur was able to see the ruined room behind. And he noticed that Ryler's hand was slightly shivering as the man blocked his path with one arm. “Don't!”, he warned them, but it was already too late for Arthur. He saw the corpse on the ground. Urid Strad, his chest carved up in the most cruel way he had ever seen, the ground around him soaked with his blood.

“What is happening?”, Mathea said from behind them. “Let me through!” With a sigh, Ryler gave in to her demand and she stumbled into her house. Instantly, she gasped in shock. “No...”, she only managed to whisper. Her first impulse was visibly to rush towards Urid, but then her glance wandered around the room and so did Arthur's.

They both stopped when they saw Rosalie, sitting on her bed in the corner, just staring into the room bleakly, as if she didn't even notice them. Her eyes were widely opened and never in his life had Arthur seen such a look of pure, crippling fear. Never again did he wanted to. Mathea rushed towards her, trying to pull her into a hug, but Rosalie resisted instantly.

“No, NO!”, she screamed. “DON'T TOUCH ME! DON'T! I MUSTN'T LOOK AWAY! I mustn't...” Now, Arthur heard Ryler's unsettled gasp and both, he and Mathea looked into the direction Rosalie was staring into. What he saw caused Arthur to almost scream in terror. It was a second corpse and he was only able to guess that it was Lyria. The entire front of her body was mauled, torn apart in a way that reminded Arthur of what the beast in the forest did to its victims. No, it was worse! By the gods, her face...

Arthur staggered backwards in horror. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw Mathea, who had silent tears running down her face, every trace of stoic behaviour gone. Rosalie finally broke down, as she sank into the healer's arms, wailing without control. Her sobs filled the house and the entire street, echoing in his ears even after he had left the building. Without wanting to, he threw up as he almost fell against the opposing wall. He had seen death before, but never had he seen something even remotely like this.

Though he had finished emptying his stomach, he couldn't forget this sight and he knew it would haunt him for the rest of his days. Lyria, Urid, they were dead. Slaughtered by a... by a beast. His eyes widened as he realized that no human being could have inflicted such wounds upon Lyria. She hadn't been just cut to pieces, she had been mauled to death.

“Now you know what he's capable of”, Ryler said behind him and Arthur was barely able to fully face the masked man. He wasn't even able to answer. Instead, he only gave him a nod. “What... what is he?”, he asked, continuing the thought he had gotten from Lyria's corpse.

Ryler sighed. “I don't know”, he admitted. “Something very powerful. Something not entirely human, I suppose. I saw the wounds Mathea's patient has suffered. I saw them before on Wolfius' previous victims” Beneath his helmet, his eyes narrowed. “I told you he always has something up his sleeve”

“What are you going to do now?”, Arthur asked. “Going after him?” He clenched his fists. “He must pay” Ryler gave him a nod. “He must”, he agreed. “But there is one problem” He looked towards his hound and Arthur saw that the animal was visibly mortified as it stared down the street. It didn't whimper, but it came close, its tail stuck between its shivering hind legs.

“Wolfsbane still has the scent”, he mumbled. “But something is terrifying him” He looked at Arthur. “This hound has taken on armed men without fear. But right now... just look at him” He shook his head. “I don't know what to do. I'd go after him, hells, I want to, but with Wolfsbane's reaction and all...” He sighed. “I don't know if I can take him alone”

As he spoke these words, he looked at Arthur. “But you... with you by my side, we'd outnumber him. You, me and Wolfsbane against him and his muscle. A risk, but perhaps the only chance we get to stop him. It took me months to get that close to him again” Arthur looked at the house and through the shattered window, he saw Mathea sitting on the bed, still gently holding Rosalie. “If you wish to stay with them, I won't judge you”, Ryler said. “Though I won't follow him on my own. I want to stop him, but I'm not suicidal. If I'm doing this, then only with your help” He slightly tilted his head to the side. “What do you say?”

[Team up with Ryler] [Stay with Mathea and Rosalie]

Sign in to comment in this discussion.