Steven Universe Thread

Comments

• again i'm fairly new to SU and I did not know of such unfortunate event. I really feel sorry for that girl.. and I know you've been respectful.. its just I hope we here on can be positive and supportive of eachother and the creators of the show. :D

I didn't really say anything super disrespectful, I was specifically calling out the people that drove that girl to suicide. I've actually been very respectful.

• [removed]

I didn't really say anything super disrespectful, I was specifically calling out the people that drove that girl to suicide. I've actually been very respectful.

• [removed]

• [removed]

• [removed]

• wow really? i really enjoooy it. the animation can be a hit or miss each episode but that's just me being into it i guess

I'd probably give the show a chance if it wasn't for the awful art style.

• you won't regret it. at least watch season 1, each episode is 11 minute long so its not a choir to go through them! i guarantee you'll be hooked and binge watching it :D , anyhow feel free to come here and tell us what you think/impression once you have the time to do so :D

I had thoughts about watching it but there are already quite a few shows in my my list. Who knows, maybe one day...

• Is this show any good?

• Soooooo gooooooood, actually. i recommend you watch at least season 1 before dropping it, i doubt you will. because each episode is 11-ish minute long and you won't grasp the sheer epicenes SU is. :D

Harian96 posted: »

Is this show any good?

• On a tropical island
    In the garden (or something)
    And lots of other AT tunes there was one in islands that sounded like it was by her

Mercyva posted: »

stronger than you, giant woman; among others are amaaazing. I love the ending theme tho, ''love like you.''

• There are SOME disgusting members of the fanbase but this is about the show not those stupid people. there are going to be shitty people in every fanbase please dont judge fans based on the actions of a few people and please dont let it keep you from giving the cartoon a chance.

It is a very sweet sentimental show with a emphasis on acceptance and love it is going to be far too gooey lovely cuddlefest for some but there are also some badass characters transformations and pop culture references, its a show that does a good job of being appealing to boys and girls young and old.

• It is now, and it's a really good episode for Steven's inner conflict imo.

don't get me started about the characters development. I really appreciate the creator for keeping it real in that regard. is the new episode out yet?

• That's fair, I've turned away from shows with odd art styles as well but in the end, it's really the story and characters that leave most people captivated in the show, the art style might not be phenomenal but the plot and character development and especially the continuity are the best I've seen in most shows I've watched (both animated and live-action). Personally I think SU and any show with lower-grade art styles should at least be given a chance.

• It saddens me that allot of people have turned away from Steven Universe due to the toxic and vocal minority of the fandom, which happens with seemingly most fandoms really.

• yeah, being fairly new to the show, I have not met toxic fans of the show or even interacted. its pointless talking about the fanbase and not actual content from the show..

prink34320 posted: »

It saddens me that allot of people have turned away from Steven Universe due to the toxic and vocal minority of the fandom, which happens with seemingly most fandoms really.

• I love how the show writers take care regarding continuity issues, which is a plus.

That's fair, I've turned away from shows with odd art styles as well but in the end, it's really the story and characters that leave most pe

• Agreed! To be honest, continuity errors or lack of continuity in general is what puts me off many shows that I watch, I like to see small details like characters keeping their injuries for at least a few episodes, having memories from past episodes and even mentioning a prior event.

I love how the show writers take care regarding continuity issues, which is a plus.

• To be honest, I can understand it sometimes, especially when the fans have a sort of superiority complex and claim their show to be the best show in history but I mean, let's be real, allot of the people who dislike those people have done the same at one point lol but I digress. There's a reason why I always check out a show based on a friend's recommendations before checking out the fandom and forum.

yeah, being fairly new to the show, I have not met toxic fans of the show or even interacted. its pointless talking about the fanbase and not actual content from the show..

• I never interact with fandoms unless i'm up-to-date with the show/games etc.. because people on the internet tend to spoil. so maybe that's why I have not met yet toxic fans, while there are ''negative'' feedback and discussions and such, but I tend to always look at the good rather than the bad. because its ART. and I have such respect for people who create. :)

To be honest, I can understand it sometimes, especially when the fans have a sort of superiority complex and claim their show to be the best

• mostlypoptartsmostlypoptarts ModeratorFormer Telltale Staff

The musical numbers, tho.

P.S. @kenjisalk this thread was made for you

• I knew Nathan had good taste! Rebecca is a master in creating charming, memorable and sincere musical numbers <3

enter image description here

The musical numbers, tho. P.S. @kenjisalk this thread was made for you

• I'd say for an American cartoon the artwork is pretty standard. Check out the pilot, it originally looked a lot prettier.

Fun fact, when I was going to school for animation in America my teacher literally told me to "simplify" my art style so it would be easier to redraw a million times. So I think that's the fate many commercialized cartoons get.

• Shows like Steven Universe, Star Vs. The Forces of Evil, BoJack Horseman, and Rick and Morty have given me faith in modern day cartoons.

• Meh, I really love the art style. There are particular pieces of animation that absolutely blow my mind too, sadly I can't share them because tumblr would rather post gay gifs of the characters than the actual fantastic and fluid animation from the show.

• It's pretty good honestly. They even once had an animator from Studio Trigger (Takafumi Hori) to guest animate for an episode (one of the best episodes).

• Agreed! To be honest, continuity errors or lack of continuity in general is what puts me off many shows that I watch

If you want continuity you should watch Bojack Horseman, the king of continuity. They even update the main theme anytime there's evena minor physical change to a place (when a bedpost broke they put books to replace it and the next episode the bed had books).

Agreed! To be honest, continuity errors or lack of continuity in general is what puts me off many shows that I watch, I like to see small de

• Oh wow, I didn't know that! I did start watching it with a friend a while back xD it was... interesting, is it based off an original show or is that part just part of the series' story?

dojo32161 posted: »

Agreed! To be honest, continuity errors or lack of continuity in general is what puts me off many shows that I watch If you want con

• Everything in Bojack is 100% original. The first 6 episodes of Bojack aren't the best but they become great afterwards.

Oh wow, I didn't know that! I did start watching it with a friend a while back xD it was... interesting, is it based off an original show or is that part just part of the series' story?

• i heard its a depressing show, I don't know if I can get through it lol

Agreed! To be honest, continuity errors or lack of continuity in general is what puts me off many shows that I watch If you want con

• [removed]

• SU art is simple, but style and colors can make up in my humble opinion for simplified art. SU does not feel rough like many cartoons do, I actually love it.

Coraline96 posted: »

I'd say for an American cartoon the artwork is pretty standard. Check out the pilot, it originally looked a lot prettier. Fun fact, when

• is Star VTFOE any good? liked the look of it but I'm pretty clueless on its content or story.. since i'm waiting week by week for a new SU episode, doesn't hurt to binge watch a good cartoon.

Coraline96 posted: »

Shows like Steven Universe, Star Vs. The Forces of Evil, BoJack Horseman, and Rick and Morty have given me faith in modern day cartoons.

• It it's good but it's mostly OK for the first 7 episodes (technically 14 since each episode has two stories), it's not until the introduction of a character in 8 where things become really interesting.

is Star VTFOE any good? liked the look of it but I'm pretty clueless on its content or story.. since i'm waiting week by week for a new SU episode, doesn't hurt to binge watch a good cartoon.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
    edited February 2017

While it does get pretty depressing it's also really funny.

i heard its a depressing show, I don't know if I can get through it lol

• maybe i'll give it a go :)

It it's good but it's mostly OK for the first 7 episodes (technically 14 since each episode has two stories), it's not until the introduction of a character in 8 where things become really interesting.

• so what are your opinions so far on season 4?

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

Since Steven Bomb 6 recently came out and tomorrow the Wanted Special is being released I thought it might be a good time to bring the thread back.

• omg the wanted special!!!! HYPPPEE!!! season 5 is shaping up to be EPIC.

and I agree, This thread should be back from the dead because those last ep's gave me LIFE.

Since Steven Bomb 6 recently came out and tomorrow the Wanted Special is being released I thought it might be a good time to bring the thread back.

• So much Steven Universe stuff coming out soon, what with the soundtrack, Save the Light, and the Art & Origins book all set for this summer (I think), but it all feels kinda lacking for some reason.

Personally, I just wanna know character heights and whether Greg would intentionally date more than just (giant) women.

• I can't believe Lars fucking died

Sign in to comment in this discussion.