This will feel just like borderlands...

Be telltale, they notice everyone liked tales from the borderlands because of its characters, intros, humor, and choices mattering. Now instead of giving us a second season of tales, they go for the more popular title and are gona implement everything that made tales good into this. Now thats not exactly a bad thing, but why not just give us season 2 of tales a game that EVERYONE wants. But nope, instead they give us a title no one asked for just because telltale wants to attract more new fans instead of pleasing the fanbase they already have. These guys man...

Comments

• Technically Batman is a spiritual sequel to The Wolf Among Us. If you made some changes and replace every Batman character with the cast from TWAU. Not much would have been out of place.

I personally would have prefer a Season 2 of Tales from the Borderlands. I'm sure many would have been praising and cheering Telltale to the heavens if they made that announcement. But then again, I think a part of me prefer to keep the game without sequels so it stays on that pedestal.

Who knows, I hope that Guardians of the Galaxy will have its own vibe and its own identity, instead of feeling like it could have been a sequel to Tales.

• they give us a title no one asked for

Isn't this said about most successful Telltale games before they release though?

• Thats exactly what im worried about. If Guardians turns out to steal tales identity, its kinda like a big fuck you to us. They know its what people wanted but they decide to do it to the more popular title just so they can appeal to new people.

Technically Batman is a spiritual sequel to The Wolf Among Us. If you made some changes and replace every Batman character with the cast fro

• They can't make a Season 2 because they don't have the rights to anymore. The agreement between them, Gearbox, and 2K was a single license deal, and when Episode 5 was released, the deal expired. In order for there to be a Season 2, all three sides would have to renegotiate the terms of the contract, which could take a very long time, and even then, there's no guarantee that a deal will be made, because if one side doesn't agree to certain conditions or walks out, then no game. Plus, with Gearbox working on Borderlands 3, they may not want another season, at least not until after Borderlands 3 is finished.

People need to remember there is an entire business side of these games, it's never as simple as "This game was popular, let's make a sequel to it."

• At the same time though, Gearbox 2K and Telltale seemed to reach a deal pretty fast, and as we all know Tales started from Telltale joking with Gearbox about a Telltale Borderlands game while making Poker Night 2. Now Borderlands 2 release Sept 2012, and Poker Night 2 April 2013. So we can assume that somewhere in the middle or more likely closer to Poker Night 2's release they decided that they would make a Borderlands game, the officially reveal in December 2013. So that would mean the original deal Telltale had with Gearbox and 2k must have formed about right before Poker Night 2 released or or a while after, but they had enough time to have the very basic story written out for Tales (Rhys Fiona, and Jack coming back) So I'd assume 2k and Gearbox is pretty quick when it comes to deals considering they are also Video Game developers.

Now look at Tales from the Borderlands, it was very popular and sold very well and people want another, its been another year and Im sure Gearbox and 2K arnt against having another game, and after seeing it was a great success that gives them a greater incentive to ask Telltale to make another.

They can't make a Season 2 because they don't have the rights to anymore. The agreement between them, Gearbox, and 2K was a single license d

• People seem really quick to judge this game as a carbon copy of Borderlands. Let's wait for episode 1 to release before judging.

• True it does create another incentive, but with the success of it, it's highly unlikely all 3 sides will agree to the same terms of the original contract. More than likely, they will all want a bigger slice of the pie. And yes Gearbox may be open, but like I said, they are currently working on Borderlands 3, unless they want Telltale to make another game that will further set up BL3, then more than likely, it won't come until after BL3 is released.

Poogers555 posted: »

At the same time though, Gearbox 2K and Telltale seemed to reach a deal pretty fast, and as we all know Tales started from Telltale joking w

• Telltale's fanbase in a nutshell

The Walking Dead: Season 1

"How dare you make mature ga-WTF SO GOOD MOOOOAR!"

The Wolf Among Us

"How dare you not focus on Seas-WTF SO GOOD MOOOOAR!"

Tales from the Borderlands

"How dare you make a game about a shitty FP-WTF SO GOOD MOOOOAR!"

Game of Thrones

"How dare you make a cash-gr-WTF PRETTY GOOD MOOOOAR (I GUESS)!"

Ekelund21 posted: »

they give us a title no one asked for Isn't this said about most successful Telltale games before they release though?

• I agree. We haven't seen anything but the teaser so far.

AgentZ46 posted: »

People seem really quick to judge this game as a carbon copy of Borderlands. Let's wait for episode 1 to release before judging.

• Game of Thrones wasn't that good. Most people I talked to hated it.

Telltale's fanbase in a nutshell The Walking Dead: Season 1 "How dare you make mature ga-WTF SO GOOD MOOOOAR!" The Wolf Among Us

• Game Of Thrones was awesome. I particularly liked Mira's story.

Game of Thrones wasn't that good. Most people I talked to hated it.

• The few people I found in RL who played the game said that they liked it and they liked the ending.

• The Walking Dead was not enough? You're asking Telltale to ANF TFTB as well? I think it's better to not make much sequels or otherwise those games will get ANF'd.

• edited January 2017

This will feel just like borderlands...

I already hate it now.

• I live completely in the other direction. I wouldn't even mind actual crossover. Imagine Torgue meeting Howard the Duck or something. Yeah.

• I personally loved Game of Thrones almost as much as any of the other games and I haven't watched the show or read the books xD

The thing I loved about GoT is how it made it feel like choices had more of an impact, especially later on.

• I loved Mira's story (although it saddens me that it is the one story that can't continue on the next game), but the rest of the game was way too full of plotholes, awkward dialogues and nonsensical plot points for me to find it enjoyable, especially if you picked one person on the first episode and then followed all the advice the other person gave you (you should know what I'm speaking of). It felt like TellTale wanted you to play a certain way, and didn't anticipate that maybe people would make different choices that would make the outcome ridiculous.

Spiegel1 posted: »

Game Of Thrones was awesome. I particularly liked Mira's story.

• They're selling out. Telltale seem to be doing that a lot lately. But in fairness I enjoyed the Batman game and i even liked New Frontier so far (a lot of people seem to hate it)

As long as it's good, I don't think I would complain much. I'm not going to lie though: I am worried about it copying the TFTB feel... especially as someone who recently fell in love with the game.

• edited February 2017

Think of it this way: At least we'll see many different locales and lots more space, because here it's about a group of heroes in a spaceship flying around the galaxy, whereas Borderlands is about a group of "heroes" who are on a singular desert planet (and moon)

They're selling out. Telltale seem to be doing that a lot lately. But in fairness I enjoyed the Batman game and i even liked New Frontier so

• I guess you're right. I'm going to withhold judgement until I play it: it's only fair after all lol :)

AChicken posted: »

Think of it this way: At least we'll see many different locales and lots more space, because here it's about a group of heroes in a spaceshi

• edited February 2017

I feel the same way. Of course i would hope "Guardians of the Galaxy" has an similar Humor, but i would still prefer a second "Tales of the Borderlands" any time.

• edited March 2017

Honestly... I wouldn't mind...

Would still prefer a Tales Season 2, though.

• Im Guessing that maybe If Telltale wants to continue the Kings landing part of the story They re gonna make a Determinant main character in season 2 like If Mira s dead You Play as Tom if Tom s dead you Play as Mira and then not changing much to the story and have Mira randomly escape from Morgryn at the beggining of season 2 .

Abeille posted: »

I loved Mira's story (although it saddens me that it is the one story that can't continue on the next game), but the rest of the game was wa

• Pretty much every Telltale game gets met with a: ´´They re selling out´´ or ´´Its a cashgrab´´
    Which were pretty much only true On the Subject of The Minecraft Game.

They're selling out. Telltale seem to be doing that a lot lately. But in fairness I enjoyed the Batman game and i even liked New Frontier so

• From what I understand a S2 of TFBL is up to Gearbox.

Acheive250 posted: »

Honestly... I wouldn't mind... Would still prefer a Tales Season 2, though.

• Its all about partners dude.

• Game of thrones is amazing, wat u on bot

• edited April 2017

Basically, every sequel of every Telltale game is up to the owner of the franchises they used, no?

Edit: Oops, didn't see I was responding to a month old message. My bad.

Chibikid posted: »

From what I understand a S2 of TFBL is up to Gearbox.

• That is the one big downfall of telltale using franchises rather than original content.

Maczime posted: »

Basically, every sequel of every Telltale game is up to the owner of the franchises they used, no? Edit: Oops, didn't see I was responding to a month old message. My bad.

• Why is it going to be like "Tales of the Borderlands", because they both takes place in space? That's ridiculous logic. Like saying Star Trek is like Star Wars.

You also forget that Guardians of the Galaxy has existed for decades longer than the Borderlands series and that Telltale had announced a Marvel Telltale game years ago.

• Then you are being ridiculous.

Also, Telltale isn't "selling out", all their games are licensed games. Including your precious Tales of the Borderlands. Or did you forget that part?

Clearly you do not know what selling out means, since Telltale is making a game using a license like they always do.

And getting a season 2 of Tales of the Borderlands is up to Gearbox.

• edited April 2017

You are assuming it was fast, which is a mistake on your part.

They were likely in negotiations far before Poker Night 2.

Andyou know what they say when you assume things...

Poogers555 posted: »

At the same time though, Gearbox 2K and Telltale seemed to reach a deal pretty fast, and as we all know Tales started from Telltale joking w

• Why do you think it would be similar? Because they both take place in space? Clearly you don't know what Guardians of the Galaxy is about.

Do you also think Star Trek and Star Wars are the same.

LittleDemon posted: »

I feel the same way. Of course i would hope "Guardians of the Galaxy" has an similar Humor, but i would still prefer a second "Tales of the Borderlands" any time.

• edited April 2017

I guess that's exactly why people think it'll be similar. Goofy humor in space, with a gang of misfit heroes trying to do right.
    But I don't exactly understand why people are hesitant on this. If you liked TFTB, you'll like this... what's not to like about that?

EDIT: Okay wait. Maybe those people are hesitant because they didn't enjoy TFTB or weren't interested in it. Valid argument. I just answered my own question then.... ok.

BullseyeRey posted: »

Why is it going to be like "Tales of the Borderlands", because they both takes place in space? That's ridiculous logic. Like saying Star Tr

• Or maybe they just want Guardians to stand on its own; differentiate itself and not solely rely on what people liked about Tales from the Borderlands otherwise it'll just feel kind of uninspired.

AChicken posted: »

I guess that's exactly why people think it'll be similar. Goofy humor in space, with a gang of misfit heroes trying to do right. But I don'

• Guess what? It's not as good as Tales from the Borderlands IMO.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.