After seeing the new movie I have some different views on this game (Gotg vol.2 spoilers)

So I just came back from seeing guardians of the galaxy vol 2 (which was amazing) and after seeing some stuff revealed I have different opinions and some choices I want to change. SPOILERS FOR THE BOTH MOVIES AHEAD:

First off I now find youndu more trustable in the movie he actually was ordered by peters father to pick him up and return him to earth but he didn't because he was trying to protect Peter because if you saw the movie Peters father was evil and I'm glad I made the choice to go with him in the game (even though the same thing happens no matter what.)

I all the sudden feel like I should kill to revive peters mother. In the movie it's revealed since Peters Dad isn't exactly human and has weird powers he's the one who gave Peters mother cancer idk why but that just makes me want to revive her because she did not die naturally

One more thing that doesn't really change my point of view but just something in the game when you make the choice for Gormora to tell Nebula you killed Thanos Nebula gets really upset but by the end of the movie she is crazy about killing Thonos.

For those of you who saw the movie what did you think? Did any plot points change your mind about somethings in the game.

Comments

• It didn't really change my view on the game, but I'm sure gonna be a lot more sad whenever Yondu is on screen.

• Same here! I hope Telltale plans to utilize Yondu a lot in the game. Been a big fan of his character since the first movie and Volume 2 just amplified my love for him, haha.

Pipas posted: »

It didn't really change my view on the game, but I'm sure gonna be a lot more sad whenever Yondu is on screen.

• Ohh, I'm gonna miss him.

He had a great death though.

Pipas posted: »

It didn't really change my view on the game, but I'm sure gonna be a lot more sad whenever Yondu is on screen.

• The game has no bearing on the movie, characters have different motivations due to it being a different universe. We don't know who Peter's father is or why Yondu kept him, and we might not find out this season.

• CathalOHaraCathalOHara Moderator

Well it honestly shouldn't have a bearing at all. Like TrashJesus said above we have no clue who Quill's father is in this interpretation. Telltale can do literally anything they want with this incarnation of the characters and I'm really looking forward to seeing what it is.

But on a side note yeah, Vol. 2 was surprisingly great. Didn't think it was going to be since I heard some people not being all too fond of it. Loved the main villain of it especially.

• Yeah, for all we know Drax could be Peter's father.

Vol. 2 was surprisingly great.

I know, right? Definitely one of my most favorite movies of all time.
    And yeah, the villain was awesome.

CathalOHara posted: »

Well it honestly shouldn't have a bearing at all. Like TrashJesus said above we have no clue who Quill's father is in this interpretation. T

• The game is a fresh take on the Guardians, in the game Peters dad could be a good guy and become good friends with Peter (I would much rather prefer it if Ergo was bad.) In the game the Guardians defeat Thanos, but in the new upcoming movie next year Infinity war the Guardians team up with the rest of the Marvel characters to defeat Thanos. My point is that the game could be completely different to the movies, It isn't very clear though because as of now only 1 episode has been released.

• They can honestly retcon the movie's reveal of his father for someone else entirely. In the comics, J'son is Quill's father.

TrashJesus posted: »

The game has no bearing on the movie, characters have different motivations due to it being a different universe. We don't know who Peter's father is or why Yondu kept him, and we might not find out this season.

• I'm reading these comments just to clarify I'm not saying that the movie and the game have everything in terms of plot in common it just changed my views of character assuming this stuff is true. Like I'm sure that Peters dad won't be revealed or maybe it will be a different person if he is. But the movie mostly just changed my view on Yondu and I find him far more likeable now.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.