Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about GOTG Edition

Comments

• When Star Lord looks at the news channel about how the Guardians took down Thanos, you can also see something along the lines of "Earth's Mightiest Heroes not available for comment". This shows that the Avengers exist and have fought Thanos before.

• "When story and writing is all you have to sell your games on"

Poor books :(

Deltino posted: »

To be fair, is that really indicative of the quality of the game itself? Think about it-- Telltale's been making these kinds of games for ye

• What if it was a real leak from an early version of episode 5 and Telltale still had the song rights

enter image description here

• Depending on how you talk with the other Guardians determines on how they act towards Star-Lord.

Take Rocket for example. If you take the credit at the bar and side with Gamora in the Milano, he will flatout refuse to talk to you. If you take the credit and sided with him, he'll apologize for overreacting in the bar and then talk to you. If you don't take the credit, but sided with Gamora, then he'll only talk to you if you apologize for not taking his side. But, if you don't take credit and side with him, then he will be happy to talk with you.

• Another thing I'd like to point out; Depending on who you choose to give Thanos to determines who you end up telling about your vision of Peter's mom. Choose the Collector, and Rocket will be the first to know. Choose the Nova Corps, and Gamora will be the first to know. Also, if you choose to bring her to Hala's ship, she'll push the subject about it even further if you chose the Nova Corps.

• This is one of the cool things about this episode. All this different drama and interaction with Rocket. (Though I'm disappointed about it because I took the credit [though I didn't mean to, really] and sided with Gamora on the ship, so he didn't want anything to do with me on the ship. :( I did side with him about the Collector, though. And I think I might be on his good side again.)
    Also, I'd like to add that if you take the credit from Rocket, he storms off and isn't there when you have your toast with the team. So, it removes the option to say to friendship, I think.

Depending on how you talk with the other Guardians determines on how they act towards Star-Lord. Take Rocket for example. If you take the

• When fighting Thanos, Rocket runs around and fell near Groot.

If u did nothing he gets shot and fell near Groot.

So he ran in a whole circle just to be knocked out on the same spot he started.
    :)

• Silent Negotiator

• At beginning when the Nova Corp was desperate in need of help u say nothing and he'll pour out sponging every Criminal records

• If u turn in Thanos body u still have to wait for the money

• turnin to the colector
      u get the money as a tough negotiator (silent)
      But no extra.

I wonder if gathering $$$ will do anything different like in Borderlands.

• If you take credit for killing Thanos back at the bar, Drax will punch a guy and storm out of the bar. Also while exploring the Milano he won't be found eating chocolate mints, but rather polishing his blades, and your given the option to apologize, while also asking him some different-ish questions. "Polishing up your blades?" "Do you plan on leaving too?".

It's a nice touch.

• edited April 2017

Eric's Profile:
    Writer at Telltale Games, currently workin' on a secret thing.
    Previously wrote on 'Tales from the Borderlands'...

Tales season 2 confirmed?

dojo32161 posted: »

According to Eric Stirpe's Tumblr he was the one who wrote the emails on Quill's computer. http://stirpicus.tumblr.com/post/159742166256/fun-fact-i-didnt-work-on-telltales-guardians-of

• edited May 2017

If you gave Thanos to the Nova Corps and brought Gamora with you at the end the dialogue with her in the hub is more romantic. She'll comment that she's just glad that she's with Peter (can't remember it word for word) and Peter can says "Thanks" or "I feel the same way" and another option I don't remember.

Also if you managed to get on Rocket's bad side his dialogue is different when Peter's dying. He'll say boo hoo, walk it off before realizing how bad his wound is. I don't remember what he says if you're besties.

You can also use the time thingie on the ship at the end and Peter will comment on how it's weird that it isn't picking up anything as if it's been ages since someone walked through there.

• If you're Rocket's best buddy, then when Peter dies, he'll say: "Pete, Peter!? What happened? Are you..."

And if you aren't best buddies with Rocket, then instead he'll say: "Ohh, Petey's got a boo boo. Tell him to walk it off!" And then realise how bad it is and say "Oh no".
    I'm pretty sure that's how it goes.

AgentZ46 posted: »

If you gave Thanos to the Nova Corps and brought Gamora with you at the end the dialogue with her in the hub is more romantic. She'll commen

• edited June 2017

Choices work pretty interestingly regarding Drax, Rocket, and what the Guardians are like. Taking the credit for killing Thanos isn't as bad as it appears, as you can later justify to Drax that he definitely helped but it was a team effort. While that seems to clear up the issue, you still put doubts in Drax's mind, and he "mopes" about not achieving his one goal.
    Rocket is pretty cool, he's pretty much the Kenny of Guardians of the Galaxy. If you tell Gamora to back off of him and then side with the Nova Corps he'll tell you how shocked he is, he thought that you two were on the same page. If you take the credit for killing Thanos, Rocket shows some remorse over announcing that he's leaving, and refers to it as a "break". Depending on how you play Starlord and approach things, the Guardians can seem like the classic Star Wars crew or a hilariously irresponsible pair like Rick and Morty. Starlord and Gamora can be the two voices of reason and keep Rocket in check or Gamora can go along with things expressing her (reasonable) doubts.

• You can view messages on the computer before choosing The Nova Corps or the Collector and I noticed that what the Nova Corps message you is determinant. If you don't ask for anything they ask to confirm your survival but in my playthrough I said I'd help if they erased the Guardians criminal records and the message I got was confirming that as requested the Guardians criminal records had been erased.

• Your status with Rocket also factors into what Rocket says when he saves you from Hala's ship.

If you gave Thanos to the Nova Corps and brought Gamora with you at the end the dialogue with her in the hub is more romantic. She'll commen

• As of right now Drax is the only Guardian not present during the Next time on interviews.

• edited May 2017

Besides Thanos, Nebula, Hala and Mr. Kree That Doesn't Like People Bumping Into Him.

EDIT: Oh shoot, I just realized that you said Guardian... Damn, that ruins my very stupid joke...

As of right now Drax is the only Guardian not present during the Next time on interviews.

• It was a good effort. :p

Acheive250 posted: »

Besides Thanos, Nebula, Hala and Mr. Kree That Doesn't Like People Bumping Into Him. EDIT: Oh shoot, I just realized that you said Guardian... Damn, that ruins my very stupid joke...

• Huh. I didn't notice that until now. Strange...

As of right now Drax is the only Guardian not present during the Next time on interviews.

• I may be reading too much into this so bear that in mind.

When you first meet Hala she has Peter completely at her mercy and it seems as though she's about to kill him but instead she disables your ship. It seems to me that rather than kill Peter, she was content to simply prevent him from being able to follow her.

Granted she later kills him anyway after he tracks her down but still.
  • edited May 2017
    • If you tell Drax he didn't get his revenge on Thanos, he storms off, walking up the stairs. But, soon after as Peter walks over to Rocket's table, you can still see Drax sitting at his table.

• A small detail here: While maybe not completely accurate to what we saw in the game, the map you can see on the Kree terminal does show the paths that you take with Drax/Gamora...

• I'm not sure if people already noticed or not, but for the Episode that features Drax on the episode select screen, the screen art is a homage to a poster of Drax for the original Guardians of the Galaxy movie.

• yep

TrashJesus posted: »

Choices work pretty interestingly regarding Drax, Rocket, and what the Guardians are like. Taking the credit for killing Thanos isn't as bad

• Yep

I'm not sure if people already noticed or not, but for the Episode that features Drax on the episode select screen, the screen art is a homage to a poster of Drax for the original Guardians of the Galaxy movie.

• In episode 2, if you decide to check in with the guardians inside the Milano before taking off, you can check the messages and find one sent by Groot. Closest we'll probably ever get to understanding what he's trying to tell us without Rocket translating.

• It's pretty hilarious since all he did was forward a chain letter.

In episode 2, if you decide to check in with the guardians inside the Milano before taking off, you can check the messages and find one sent

• I could barely read it out loud, I was laughing so much. I thought that was a clever joke.

"Groot sent me a message?! Whoa! Let's see what it is!"

FWD; FWD; FWD; FWD....
    Send this to 5 other people.... Etc.

It's pretty hilarious since all he did was forward a chain letter.

• Funny how I can always recognize his voice in games once the character he voices starts yelling or making frustrated sounds. I've gotten to the point where I'm pretty good at recognizing any voice actor specifically by their distressed noises. They can do flawless accents and sound completely unlike themselves, but their exasperated/angry/pained sounds tend to sound the same across all characters.

Ekelund21 posted: »

During the fight with Thanos, Rocket, who's voiced by Nolan North, repeatedly says the word 'crap', which could be a reference to the Uncharted games, where Nathan Drake, who's also voiced by Nolan North, uses a similar "crap" catchphrase.

• edited June 2017

Ha, I'll have to pick the race dialogue option next time! I just apologized to him because I didn't want to start a fight and sour the good-time vibe. I usually pick all Neutral Good dialogue options on my first run-through of these games, because that's usually the options I go with in real life. I'm one of those weird gamers who can't play a mean or evil character, even if I start a playthrough with the intention of being a bastard. I have to experience those through 'scumbag playthrough' vids on Youtube!

AChicken posted: »

If you decide to perform an action while you're using your communicator, Star-Lord says something like: "Ooh. Hold on" or "Wait a sec" Al

• Yeah, if I hadn't recognized that it was North as soon as I heard him, the "Crap crap crap crap" would definitely have given it away!

Here's an interesting detail that I'd like to point out. Rocket is voiced by Nolan North, and during that moment where you briefly take cont

• Well, now I want a TTG Rick and Morty game. Except the silent option is always just belching.

Choices work pretty interestingly regarding Drax, Rocket, and what the Guardians are like. Taking the credit for killing Thanos isn't as bad

• Was the Nova Corps guy's dialogue affected by where you go to in Episode 1?

• edited June 2017

Just finished my alternate playthrough where I chose all opposite choices, and being the most evil, selfish, egotistical Star-Lord in the galaxy (and I watched a video or two of episode 2, trying to find even more differences -- it didn't bring up much more than I found here, everyone was choosing mostly the same decisions) and I found these:

• If you get hit by the fire extinguisher in the beginning, it changes a dialogue option from "stop throwing stuff!" to "Why are you hitting me?!"
    • You can miss all QTEs in the opening credits without a game over. If you do, Rocket simply mentions "Do you seriously want puke everywhere?!?" after getting hit by multiple missiles.
    • If you promise Rocket that you need to go find Nebula first, he leaves right away once you get back on the ship.
    • You can get both Gamora and Rocket mad at you in the ship.
      You need to go to Nebula first have to promise to go to Halfworld, and then not do that.That gets him mad.
      If you agree to go find Nebula first, Gamora won't be mad at you if you talk with her, and won't kick you out of her room. But, if you try to take a peek inside a mysterious box on her shelf, she orders you out, without giving you a good look at whatever was inside the box. [Maybe we'll see it later?] So, she gets mad as well.

• If you tell Drax to find a purpose with Rocket, he leaves to do just that. Turns out, he is not in the engine room. If you talk to Rocket you actually get a dialogue option! You ask where Drax is, and Rocket says he sent him away to find an Ambilax screwdriver (or something to that effect.) That screwdriver doesn't exist, Rocket says. He was just annoyed by Drax. "What does this do? Why are you hitting that? Is cursing required for this?". You can find Drax behind the stairs to the bridge. He is looking for a spherical object that has a small jagged edge on the side. You can encourage him or tell him the truth. If you tell him the truth, he walks away, moping. So, so very sad.

• If you let the timer run out on whether or not to take Lylla out of the lab, a robot sneaks up behind you and kills you.
    • If you tell Rocket to let go of the wrist computer, he throws away the screen. Later, when the Kree man attacks Peter, instead of burning the man alive, he makes a stun grenade out of the remnants of the wrist computer, and it electrocutes the Kree soldier. (I know he has a name, but I completely forgot it.)

Yup. That's all I got.

• HiroVoidHiroVoid Moderator

If he talks to Gamora, he praises her story of decapitating someone with Gamora telling him he's missing the point of the story.

Just finished my alternate playthrough where I chose all opposite choices, and being the most evil, selfish, egotistical Star-Lord in the ga

• Hahaha... typical Drax. Thanks.

HiroVoid posted: »

If he talks to Gamora, he praises her story of decapitating someone with Gamora telling him he's missing the point of the story.

• edited June 2017

If you tell Drax that if he stays with you he'll find his purpose he (of course) takes it literally and waits in your room for you to impart your wisdom. From there you can tell him that it takes time, to try new things, or (I think) shoo him away. It seems to be a bonding moment. Drax brings it up multiple times throughout the episode.

Just finished my alternate playthrough where I chose all opposite choices, and being the most evil, selfish, egotistical Star-Lord in the ga

• How different is the scene with Nebula if you gave Thanos to the Collector?

• Sweet! Now I feel kind of bad I didn't choose that in any of my files.
    The first one, I told him to go to Gamora, but she already kicked me out so I couldn't see what knowledge she imparted on him. In the second one, I told him to go to Rocket, but that made me even more sad! Rocket was so mean to him! ...I guess the only person that Drax can trust is Star-Lord, now. I'll have his back for the rest of the season, then.

If you tell Drax that if he stays with you he'll find his purpose he (of course) takes it literally and waits in your room for you to impart

• If you refuse to take Gamora into Hala's ship, prioritize Rocket's side mission first, then trust Drax to guard Nebula, Gamora will say "I'm seeing a pattern here." with a pissed off look and follow up about how you disregarded her in those 3 decisions, in which Peter will answer "It's not personal, Gamora". Then when she's coming with Peter to the temple, she'll turn her face away when Peter starts talking to her. with arms crossed.

• Yikes.

Alenheim posted: »

If you refuse to take Gamora into Hala's ship, prioritize Rocket's side mission first, then trust Drax to guard Nebula, Gamora will say "I'm

Sign in to comment in this discussion.