What was your Mature/TEEN favorite or first video game franchise as a kid?

I was interested and I want to bring up some bad ass nostalgic memories for you guys ^^^^^^

Not only I am gonna ask that but what was your age, how did you find it, how did you get it, why the interest, was it your first Mature game?

Mine is:

First mature game?

Mortal kombat Shaolin monks, I was 8 age yours old and I was at my neighbours house, I loved the fighting.enter image description here

First mature franchise to start?

enter image description here
Assassin's Creed franchise, I started with 2 like many other people, I was 8 or 9 years old neighbours again, I was fasinated by the historical details, combat and the Animus device later in Brotherhood and AC1 XD

TEEN game:

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic
enter image description here
I thought it was the modern online version but was surprised it was a complet different game lol not the game I saw on the internet XD I was like 7 or 8.

How did I get these games?

Parents did not care about rating systems at all and believe I could see the difference between a game and real life XD

Many people here in my expierence have started with a first mature game when they were children maybe it was the famous Walking Dead S1:)
I know a friend here that his mature franchise was Resident Evil:)
So that is why I make this thread.
Remember show each other respect for their taste, franchise, trilogy and whatever I don't want fights! Don't make comments that could start a fight remember. Don't be afraid to tell something that you like and other hates.
Remember childhood!!

Tagged:

Comments

• Splinter Cell was my mature game series. I used to sneak into my dad's room and steal his copy of Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory for the PS2 even though my mom didn't want me playing it. I had such a good time. But alas, I am nearly an adult now so I can just buy that shit and play it any time I want. In fact I did. I own every game but Blacklist. I do a full playthrough every year or so.

• edited June 2017

I think my first Teen Game was Star Wars Revenge of the Sith game for PS2. My step-father downloaded this game for me but he never suggested me to watch the movie first. I was like 6 years old when I played it.

My first mature franchise was God of War. I played God of War 1 and 2 but never played the third one, I dunno if I will buy it someday but the new upcoming God of War looks very interesting.

• edited June 2017

I remember the actrice who played Padme in the Star Wars prequels doesn't want her children to watch Star Wars mostly the prequels.
    Because: She marries a man who loves his wife so much he chokes her while being pregnant, slaughters children, killed all his old friends, works with a evil dictator, get's burned alive and she dies during giving birth and her children get seperated... Yeah I can see why she doesn't want her children to watch star wars XD

AronDracula posted: »

I think my first Teen Game was Star Wars Revenge of the Sith game for PS2. My step-father downloaded this game for me but he never suggested

• edited June 2017

Actually, this game introduced me to the Star Wars franchise, I didn't know it was based on the movies and that they were so popular back then. But when I was that age, I couldn't give two shits about spoilers.

EDIT: And yeah, I think Natalie Portman does the right thing.

joshua007 posted: »

I remember the actrice who played Padme in the Star Wars prequels doesn't want her children to watch Star Wars mostly the prequels. Because

• Playboy for the playstation 2.

... It's uh, yeah, my parents gave no shits.

• Left 4 Dead. I remember my dad letting me play it on his laptop and how blown away I was. I never played a game like that before and you can bet I sunk literally hundreds of hours into that game when I got my own personal copy.

• edited June 2017

Ah, I remember playing Splinter Cell Conviction. I loved it so much. It's the only Xbox game that I played, I wish it was on playstation. I tried Blacklist someday but that game sucked.

Splinter Cell was my mature game series. I used to sneak into my dad's room and steal his copy of Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory for the PS2 ev

• I didn't even know Conviction wasn't on PlayStation. Kinda weird.

Also Blacklist was a great game, it was just a terrible splinter cell game.

Ah, I remember playing Splinter Cell Conviction. I loved it so much. It's the only Xbox game that I played, I wish it was on playstation. I tried Blacklist someday but that game sucked.

• The splinter cell franchise was only available for PC and Xbox.

I didn't even know Conviction wasn't on PlayStation. Kinda weird. Also Blacklist was a great game, it was just a terrible splinter cell game.

• edited June 2017

no it wasn't lol. the hd collection is on PS3, the first 3 games are on PS2, double agent was on both PS2 and PS3 and blacklist if for PS3 as well as Xbox and PC.

not to mention the HD collection was PS3 exclusive. so there's that.

http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/tom-clancys-splinter-cell-classic-trilogy-hd/90275

The splinter cell franchise was only available for PC and Xbox.

• The link shows nothing.

no it wasn't lol. the hd collection is on PS3, the first 3 games are on PS2, double agent was on both PS2 and PS3 and blacklist if for PS3 a

• edited June 2017

The Halo series back when I was 13. It was the only M-rated game my parents let me play at the time because it wasn't too ridiculously violent and you were killing aliens and not people. It was practically a T-rated game just testing a few boundaries. It wasn't until early high school when I was finally allowed to play whatever the fuck I wanted.

• Never got to play it, but the first M rated game I remember is Max Payne, I remember being confused by the M rating. I was like "what's M? I know T and E but I never heard of M."

• I can't remember my first M rated game (though it was probably Halo) but my first T rated game was Battlefield 2142. The game was basically a futuristic version of Battlefield 2. It's still one of my all time favorite first person shooters, Titan mode was an absolute blast to play.

• well fuck rip. it's just a link to the copy of splinter cell hd on ps3.

The link shows nothing.

• First mature game was the wii remake of Goldeneye 007, which looking back was actually way better than it had any right to be

• Conker's bad fur day N64 from Ames 12 yr old buying it good ole days hah

• Dead Rising 1 AKA the first game I ever played. Just a masterpiece!

• I was never much of a gamer when I was younger and always thought rated M games were to violent for me but then I gave walking dead season 1 a shot which was my first rated M game. I wasn’t one of this kids who would play rated M games I started playing at the required age (17+)

• My first Mature game was Gears 2. Though I still am a kid.

• He's covered wars, you know.

Dead Rising 1 AKA the first game I ever played. Just a masterpiece!

• Mortal Kombat: Deception was my fist M-rated game. It was pretty cool.

• WWF Attitude.

• It was probably something stupid on the PS1, the first time I actually said maybe I'm too young for this game was my first 360 game Condemned didnt actually go back and finish it until years later, honestly didn't age that well unfortunately.

• The first Mortal Kombat. I would be Sub Zero and my brother would be Scorpion. Most fights would be taunting eachother to come to the other side of the screen as we wait for a chance to uppercut while crouched.

• Grand theft auto 3. Ahh good ol' times . Shooting up people. Having fun with cheats.

• GTA san Andrea's at the age of 3!

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

I can't remember my exact first M rated game but i think it might have been one of the first Mortal Kombat games, i also remember playing Alien Trilogy on the Sega Saturn when i was less than 10 years old.

• Probably Doom back in the early 90s.

• MrJavaMrJava Banned
    edited June 2017

Half Life is the best game ever for me. I played it when I was 10-11. I still play it. It has a special seat in my heart. I will never stop playing it.

Second one is CS 1.6. I have so many good memories that I miss so freaking much. I played with friends or on different serves with so many fun plugins. That was awesome ! Sometimes I wish I could back the days used to be like that. I am not playing it since 16-17 months ago. I will buy it on steam and I will go back to servers I spend time in it in the past. Sometimes you gotta live the nostalgia, right ?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.