it seems this game in particular...

for the looks of it, Guardians of the galaxy: A telltale game series is not really popular, or popular at all, hell even minecraft story mode seems to get more coments talking about it, even if it's just to complain.

I actually consider this sad, this game it's better than telltale other recent game in just about every way that counts, Hubs, quirky characters, action scenes, new exploration mechanics and so on, i guess the plot is alright though not very attractive but i still feel it's entertaining. Yet is like some people don't even know this exist.

might this happen in any future telltale from now on? maybe it's because of the engine and the formula?

Comments

• Ikr ever since ANF everybody was complaining about what it needed telltale listened abd put it into there newest games but the fans say it’s horrible just because it didn’t happen in the game they wanted it to happen in. Lately the telltale fan base kind of pisses me off because they ask for something (like an improvement fans have been asking for) and they get it and complain about it. It’s like a spoiled kid complaining that he/she got a Samsung phone but he/she wanted an iPhone. To put it simply I just hate how people are judging this game just because of another game that didn’t do so well.

• It's just bland and lacking creativity.

• i suppose, but you would think this would at least attract marvel fans, yet no one is speaking about it. It's just so weird after years of popularity.

J-Master posted: »

It's just bland and lacking creativity.

• Literally the only bad thing allot of people have to say is: "The jokes aren't that funny", makes me sad that ANF has scarred TTG's reputation that much.

Creeper1846 posted: »

Ikr ever since ANF everybody was complaining about what it needed telltale listened abd put it into there newest games but the fans say it’s

• I agree. This has been a wonderful experience so far. This is one of my favourite Telltale series already! [i'd put it at around #4 on best modern TTG series so far] (though that might be because I'm easy to entertain)
    Hubs have improved and are more numerous, the game looks like the best, cleanest Telltale game in a while (none of that greasy-shiny-reflective faces from ANF), the story is original and interesting, the locations are cool, episodes have a good sense of pacing and an appropriate length to let the right amount of things be presented, and the choices: Oh man the choices. They may have minimal effect, but there are so many minimal choice effects, and variations to how an outcome is reached that it truly feels tailored and different than other peoples' games. Yes, I've said that a million times here already, but I'll tell it to the moon and back, THAT'S how good it is.

• They made this game right after they middle finger more than half their fanbase with anf....what the fuck dude do you expect trust from the customers anymore? Most of us have no faith in tt yet we're still here only for clem sad truth but that's the harsh truth this company and u guys must understand

• we're still here only for clem

That's pretty fucking sad. pfft.

They made this game right after they middle finger more than half their fanbase with anf....what the fuck dude do you expect trust from the

• I don't buy into all the hate that TTG get for their games. Most of it is pretty baseless and unwarranted.

ANF was a good game all things considered.

However, GOTG is the only TTG game I've not played all the way through. It doesn't hook me like the others have a way of doing.

My main issue with it is that it's trying to be just like the movies. There's no real mark of orginality with. Either be part of the movie universe or be something different.

• You guys hoping for people to talk about guardians because many don't give a shit is sad too

we're still here only for clem That's pretty fucking sad. pfft.

• edited June 2017

It's pretty sad if the only reason certain people are still around is for Clementine. The Walking Dead may be TellTale's biggest franchise, but it's not the end all be all for TellTale. Fans should learn to expand and not live and breathe just for Clementine. That's what you and other fans should be able to understand, not the other way around.

They made this game right after they middle finger more than half their fanbase with anf....what the fuck dude do you expect trust from the

• I love this series. I'm not going to let a lack of conversation on the board discourage me. If other players want to miss out all because of A New Frontier, that's there loss, not mine.

• Telltale fans are a lot of variety but it's biggest is the walking dead...like it or not mate telltale would've ended up being a normal indie company if weren't for clem and Lee's asses

AnimalBoy posted: »

It's pretty sad if the only reason certain people are still around is for Clementine. The Walking Dead may be TellTale's biggest franchise,

• Yeah, but to stay in business, they need a large number of consumers to buy their products. They can't get that by just doing the Walking Dead. They need to appeal to anyone and everyone to widen their demographics and potential customers.
    This is why they're doing so many different series rather than focusing on one. They need to get a good trend to base a game off of, to attract those who are currently interested in it.

Yes, they messed up with TWD this year, but Guardians is doing fine right now. The lack of support and care for ANF might make you anxious about other series in the future, but so far they're back on track. ANF [much like Clem's story in the game itself] was just a speedbump for Telltale. We've got a pretty good series now, and we've had good ones in the past.

Telltale fans are a lot of variety but it's biggest is the walking dead...like it or not mate telltale would've ended up being a normal indie company if weren't for clem and Lee's asses

• Tales from the Borderlands already surpassed TWD in my opinion.

AChicken posted: »

Yeah, but to stay in business, they need a large number of consumers to buy their products. They can't get that by just doing the Walking De

• Exactly. If Telltale hadn't broken off from TWD, you or me or anyone else wouldn't have gotten that great series.

Tales from the Borderlands already surpassed TWD in my opinion.

• I've found it odd that this series has been so lifeless and inactive even with marvel fans. I expected this series to be quite popular and a hit with fans across the board which just didn't happen. Even after guardians of the galaxy Vol 2 came out this series was sluggish and inactive. If anything I expected marvel and guardians fans to be interested in it.

• It may just not have been promoted enough. Which is a shame... After seeing Guardians 2, it put me in the mood for more Guardians content. I went back home, and immediately played Episode 1 again.

Chibikid posted: »

I've found it odd that this series has been so lifeless and inactive even with marvel fans. I expected this series to be quite popular and a

• edited June 2017

It's so little it might as well be be nothing, the game is quite good even with some of its flaws, so i believed more people would buy it. every days surprises, huh.

• That's pretty much my only complaint. If it were funnier this game would be kick ass.

prink34320 posted: »

Literally the only bad thing allot of people have to say is: "The jokes aren't that funny", makes me sad that ANF has scarred TTG's reputation that much.

• Perhaps this is a sign that people are starting to get bored with Telltale.

I've found it odd that this series has been so lifeless and inactive even with marvel fans. I expected this series to be quite popular and a

• Shouldn't have lied about the game pre-release then, eh?

It's pretty sad if the only reason certain people are still around is for Clementine. The Walking Dead may be TellTale's biggest franchise,

• edited June 2017

Ha alright. I don't care if people aren't discussing all I care about is if I'm having fun with this series, which I am so woo. Better than sticking with a company you despise for a single character.

You guys hoping for people to talk about guardians because many don't give a shit is sad too

• I think that is a good possibility. Considering how the graphics,humor,story,characters are arguably less then stellar. Not to mention the numerous glitches and animation errors with bad character texture and models.

Perhaps this is a sign that people are starting to get bored with Telltale.

• That's not the only thing. The pacing is also way off, and the story seems very predictable. I don't hate the game, but it's still a disappointment so far.

Literally the only bad thing allot of people have to say is: "The jokes aren't that funny", makes me sad that ANF has scarred TTG's reputation that much.

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator

like it or not mate telltale would've ended up being a normal indie company if weren't for clem and Lee's asses

Quite frankly, I almost think that would have been for the better

Telltale fans are a lot of variety but it's biggest is the walking dead...like it or not mate telltale would've ended up being a normal indie company if weren't for clem and Lee's asses

• I think telltale is best as a small indie company that produces 1 game at a time that is genuinely good. Telltale in its current capacity is quite bad overall.

Deltino posted: »

like it or not mate telltale would've ended up being a normal indie company if weren't for clem and Lee's asses Quite frankly, I almost think that would have been for the better

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator

Just for the record, they actually were working on more than one game while TWD S1 was being developed

I think telltale is best as a small indie company that produces 1 game at a time that is genuinely good. Telltale in its current capacity is quite bad overall.

• Two. The Walking Dead and The Wolf Among Us. Now they're working on Minecraft, ANF, Guardians, the new IP/the game "fans have been waiting for a long time" - and who knows what else.

Deltino posted: »

Just for the record, they actually were working on more than one game while TWD S1 was being developed

• When Walking Dead was announced, it was one of 7/8 projects Telltale had announced, and that was before they grew super big after TWD S1.

They were working on/had otherwise announced Back to the Future, Jurassic Park, Law and Order, TWD, Wolf, King's Quest (cancelled for TWD S2), Puzzle Agent 2, and Hector.

Two. The Walking Dead and The Wolf Among Us. Now they're working on Minecraft, ANF, Guardians, the new IP/the game "fans have been waiting for a long time" - and who knows what else.

• TWD S1 was a major priority though.

When Walking Dead was announced, it was one of 7/8 projects Telltale had announced, and that was before they grew super big after TWD S1.

• Tales wouldn't have been done if there wasn't the success of the walking dead before it ;)

AChicken posted: »

Exactly. If Telltale hadn't broken off from TWD, you or me or anyone else wouldn't have gotten that great series.

• The numbers don't mean donkey shit at that time the company was all about quality and honesty and commitment....now it's decreasing heavily because of the ammount of work these writers face for their greedy managers needs so they end up misleading the fans

TWD S1 was a major priority though.

• edited June 2017

And that's a reason to take it out on another game? Completely childish for people to take their pettiness out on Guardians because of their problems with a completely different game.

Shouldn't have lied about the game pre-release then, eh?

• Don't tell me - I'm just stating the fact that they lied causing people to stop trusting Telltale as much as they did before. I'm simply not interested. I watched Episode 1 and I'm just not interested in this.

And that's a reason to take it out on another game? Completely childish for people to take their pettiness out on Guardians because of their problems with a completely different game.

• edited June 2017

Yes, yes, Walking Dead was successful we get it.
    If Telltale had continued on, however, with only Walking Dead content, I don't think they would have made it past 3 years. They got to where they are now because of Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Borderlands, GoT, Minecraft...
    Walking Dead propelled them, yes, but they managed to get all those new consumers with all those new, original stories of franchises people know and love. The ultimate TrailMix package. Same things=same people. Variety= more diverse people who buy your stuff. If you get their other series, they get more money for more Walking Dead, among other things.

Monotony isn't fun. Change can be good.

Tales wouldn't have been done if there wasn't the success of the walking dead before it

• I don't think the pacing is that bad tbh, at least it isn't constant action like a certain third season of a series, plus I think it's still a bit early to determine the plot as predictable, we won't really know till the end :p

That's not the only thing. The pacing is also way off, and the story seems very predictable. I don't hate the game, but it's still a disappointment so far.

• Plus it doesn't help that they make allot of choices have no impact.

I think that is a good possibility. Considering how the graphics,humor,story,characters are arguably less then stellar. Not to mention the numerous glitches and animation errors with bad character texture and models.

• well... that's improved quite a bit for this series so far

Plus it doesn't help that they make allot of choices have no impact.

• That's what happens when you piss off our whole fanbase.

"Just because you hate how twd turned out isn't a good excuse not to try guardians'" Yes, it is. It's simple cause and effect. The fans are merely reacting to the way they have been treated, they have every right to.

And no, not a reaction from one game, but to how the quality has been going noticeably down for the last couple years and failing to meet certain requirements they need to meet (Longer episode length, reasonable release date, honest info during prerelease, less painfully obvious game bugs, less painfully obvious rushing, less rewrites, +) has telltale met them? Nah.

So, yeah, I have every right not to trust them due to their past games, and I have a right to use it as an excuse for an argument. Everyone does.

(In case you're wondering and before someone brings it up, I have tried Guardians. Couldn't get 20min past the gameplay video before I closed the tab due to boredom)

Also, for the folks saying "Telltale fixed the flaws that the ANF people were complaining about, but they still complain!"

Ok, lol, hold on a sec. This is what people are failing to understand. The problems that ANF have are the same problems (about 90% of them) that both season 2 and michonne had. Since 2014 the fans have been extremely vocal about the problems with the game that needed to be fixed and how to fix them in S3. I've been on the forums since before season 2 released, I've seen it all. So why couldn't telltale have fixed the problem then, making S3 less of a wreck? Nope, all the problems were still there. But, for guardians, a game being made at the SAME TIME as ANF, didn't have most of these problems (so you folks say).

I still think it has the problems but for the sake of your argument...

Guardians wasn't a game made years after ANF. Guardians couldn't "Learn" from ANF. There just wasn't enough room because they were made at the same time. So explain to me how one game, ANF, is riddled with all these flaws that were existing since their 2014 game, but Guardians doesn't have it? Because TWD was shafted for guardians. It was rushed out to get it out of the way. It's simple logic. And don't give the excuse "different writers!" Same company, same routine, same people being thrown from project to project, same people who greenlight shit.

There's your reason for why TWD people take their anger out on guardians. Blame the cause for why people are reacting this way, not the effect. I, personally, don't like the game at all. Not only because TWD was shafted, but for other reasons. I usually don't even comment on this section. But I felt like it needed to be said.

Mystery solved.

• edited June 2017

Actively developing and/or releasing a game is different from announcing "hey we've spitballed ideas and we're going to make this"

When Walking Dead was announced, it was one of 7/8 projects Telltale had announced, and that was before they grew super big after TWD S1.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.