it seems this game in particular...

2»

Comments

• edited June 2017

What people who are angry at the Walking Dead need to do, is keep their venomous bile in The Walking Dead part of the forum. If they really feel the need to spill it, spill it there and tell it to the TellTale employees on their social media accounts or to the employees accounts on here. People can not play Guardians all they want, but if it's because of their disapproval of how The Walking Dead turned out, they should keep it to the appropriate locations. Doesn't make a lick of sense to complain about The Walking Dead in the Guardians section. They're mad about The Walking Dead, so they feel like it's okay to ruin other sections of the board with their Walking Dead based anger with no consideration for the forum members who just want to post about whatever game section they're in. I've never been to or posted anything in the Minecraft section. Why? Because I don't play it. If I want to talk about The Walking Dead, i'll go to the Walking Dead part of the forum. If I want to talk about Batman, i'll go to the Batman forum. This reeks of people being brats because they didn't get what they want, so now they're going to throw tantrums wherever and whenever they want. Learn to direct these tantrums to the appropriate locations and at the appropriate people.

That's what happens when you piss off our whole fanbase. "Just because you hate how twd turned out isn't a good excuse not to try guardia

• edited June 2017

Many people mentioned TWD in this thread, and the thread topic requires I bring it up because lack of Guardians popularity is due to how TWD was treated. I in no way said "fuck guardians twd rules" or some stupid shit, I merely explained with reason to the OP. If you don't like what I say on a PUBLIC forum where I talk about the games THIS company makes then skip over my comments. No ones forcing you to read them.

And it's not a tantrum, lol. I think you're the one having a tantrum over me mentioning twd in a guardians section acting like it's a crime.

What I'd like you to do is reply to me with valid points that contradict mine, proving me wrong instead of replying with "get out of this section!!!" That is if you have any logical evidence to go against me.

AnimalBoy posted: »

What people who are angry at the Walking Dead need to do, is keep their venomous bile in The Walking Dead part of the forum. If they really

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited June 2017

...but that wasn't the case with all of those games being "spitballed ideas". Newer fans that came on after TWD S1 sometimes don't have the full context.

EDIT: And likewise, wouldn't your proposed idea of "some games just being spitballed" invalidate some of the frequent complaints from around the last few years where people complained Telltale was working on Tales, Thrones 1/2, Minecraft, the then-untitled Marvel game, ANF, Batman, etc all at once? It was a frequent talking point from TWD fans around 2014/2015 to complain that Telltale was directly "working" on all 7/8 of those games at once, but that isn't too different from what I described above.

Actively developing and/or releasing a game is different from announcing "hey we've spitballed ideas and we're going to make this"

• No one said they should ONLY do TWD. They just shouldn't rush their most successful series because it will affect other games too.

AChicken posted: »

Yes, yes, Walking Dead was successful we get it. If Telltale had continued on, however, with only Walking Dead content, I don't think they

• I agree, people are already praising the effects of choices and we're only 2 episodes in.

AChicken posted: »

well... that's improved quite a bit for this series so far

• Underrated is the word

• I agree.

Unfortunately, it affected this game's reputation, after the failure of their flagship series.

No one said they should ONLY do TWD. They just shouldn't rush their most successful series because it will affect other games too.

• edited June 2017

So you say you tried GotG but then say you closed the video tab....so in reality you did not try the game...just sayin.

That's what happens when you piss off our whole fanbase. "Just because you hate how twd turned out isn't a good excuse not to try guardia

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited June 2017

at that time the company was all about quality and honesty and commitment

As evidenced by the fans of their older games feeling betrayed and hesitant about TWD when it was originally announced

all about quality

As evidenced by Jurassic Park

The numbers don't mean donkey shit at that time the company was all about quality and honesty and commitment....now it's decreasing heavily

• I haven't played GOTG and have no intention of doing so in the future. But I definitely wouldn't say that I've become disillusioned with Telltale to the point I've washed my hands of them. I just wasn't a fan of the first Guardians movie and didn't bother watching the sequel, so I don't think I'd enjoy this game much.

• I did try it. Opening up the game to see what it's like is trying it. I just didn't like it enough to finish.

Taking a nibble of a meal but not eating the whole plate is still trying it.

So you say you tried GotG but then say you closed the video tab....so in reality you did not try the game...just sayin.

• Because this game is outright boring.

• The other franchises are just much more popular, plus most already have a wide fanbase that is interested in games to begin with. Guardians of the Galaxy isn't even the most popular part of the Marvel universe (I like it very much, but that's the truth).

For this game to be talked about when side by side with games based on franchises with much bigger fanbases (yes, Minecraft included, Minecraft is stupidly popular despite what some people might think of it), it would have to be ridiculously amazing (like TWAU). Don't get me wrong, I really like this game and episode 2 had that beautifully written scene with Rocket, but this isn't enough for it to gain traction right on the first episodes.

• Game seems really rushed to me. Like they couldn't do the Spider-man game so they decided to just slapstick a GOTG game together since they had a contract with Marvel or whatever. It feels like the kind of game Telltale would've put out when they were still cutting their teeth, not when they started to really fall into the groove of putting out games like TWD, TWAU, etc.

• Ah well, personally, I'm going to keep appreciating and praising Guardians of the Galaxy, the plot might not be quite out of this world, but it's not finished yet so it's a bit incomparable and as usual, jokes will always fall flat for some people - as they say, humor is the most subjective thing - but no one can deny that this game has made improvements to the usual Telltale formula, adding more content on the side and whilst exploring plus, so far, the choices seem to have varying effects, so I'm hoping the rest of the episodes are as good and this game eventually receives the praise that it, currently, deserves.

• Exactly. Very little hype was built up to the release of the game.

Game seems really rushed to me. Like they couldn't do the Spider-man game so they decided to just slapstick a GOTG game together since they

• Another problem is that Telltale have already made a sci-fi/comedy game and it was a masterpiece. GoTG falls so far short of it. Even the GoTG movies aren't as good as TFTB imo.

• I have (at the very least) seen complete playthroughs for Telltale's episodic games that I didn't buy. I can't remember getting past the first 5 minutes of the first episode for Guardians.

• His point (not a good one) was that you watched someone's playing the game rather than playing it yourself.

I did try it. Opening up the game to see what it's like is trying it. I just didn't like it enough to finish. Taking a nibble of a meal but not eating the whole plate is still trying it.

• The fan base most definitely isn't the problem, it's Telltale and the decisions that they have made as a company over the last couple of years.

Creeper1846 posted: »

Ikr ever since ANF everybody was complaining about what it needed telltale listened abd put it into there newest games but the fans say it’s

• There are two different factors:Entertaining and fun.Look TWD and GOT are entertaining as fuck but are there fun at all? In GOT everything you do fills you with regret and there's always A LOTTA pressure on you.In TWD always someone dies.In TWAU you have to solve a murder mystery for fucks sake! Now check TFB.It's fuckin fun! You have Rhys a very funny character and Gortys(spell?) and Loaderbot I mean cmon how could you not laugh(or smile) at them? GOG is not the most entertaining game.But you can't deny it's fun.Five miscasts doin silly stuff and their leader listens to 90's music and dances around his ship!

• edited June 2017

Not much to talk about, as it's not that interesting of a series. With TWD at least there were strong feelings on both sides to spur discussion. Not to mention TFtB is fairly similar and GOtG will be compared to that much better game.

• I didn't buy this game because I'm just not interested in Guardians of the Galaxy. It's not Like batman, where I hate batman but love the villains so I still had interest in it. I never had interest in this series. Never seen any of the movies either. ANF was garbage, but it didn't play a part in my decision in not checking this game out.

• edited June 2017

Can we just change the name of this thread to everyone here hates Guardians of the Galaxy? Every time I think I couldn't disagree with the people on this board more...opinions like these come up.

Personally, I've enjoyed this series with only 2 episodes in more then some of the other TellTale games that fans like to consider masterpieces combined.

Everyone thought the Guardians of the Galaxy movie was going to be Disney's first bomb when it came to the Marvel movie universe because no one outside of major comic book readers knew who the Guardians were. The movie turned out to be one of their most popular franchises and in my opinion, one of their best. I don't know what it is with this board, but it sure as hell seems like bizzaro world to me. I don't know how anyone could consider anything Guardians related boring.

• I think that's what might hurt Guardians of the Galaxy the most, that just because it's a sci-fi adventure it has to measure up to the comedy centered Tales from the Borderlands and ends up falling short in that aspect. It's usually when people compare games (especially an unfinished one with a completed one) that we don't really see the great aspects of that game.

Jaku2011 posted: »

Not much to talk about, as it's not that interesting of a series. With TWD at least there were strong feelings on both sides to spur discussion. Not to mention TFtB is fairly similar and GOtG will be compared to that much better game.

• I think it's a combination of people having different expectations of the game - I see allot of people who were hoping to see a game more similar to Tales form the Borderlands or comparing the games just because they're both sci-fi adventures. The second thing is likely the heat towards Telltale, they butchered the franchise that got their name out there and the franchise that probably has their most supporters ended up feeling disappointed and betrayed which resulted in allot of people no longer keen on giving TTG more chances or see the newer games in a more negative light due to their experience with the company.

Honestly, it's only understandable. People constantly compare movies, shows, songs and games and often dispute about how the 'original' is better than the one that's similar (e.g. people constantly comparing DC and Marvel, The Walking Dead and Game of Thrones, plus the Star Wars' A New Hope and The Force Awakens) and although not everyone will admit it, there are a bunch of people who dislike a company's products based on their personal opinion over that company (I've met and seen allot of people who decided to stop supporting or using products from a company all because of one bad experience at a store).

AnimalBoy posted: »

Can we just change the name of this thread to everyone here hates Guardians of the Galaxy? Every time I think I couldn't disagree with the p

• I dont much care for it. I thought it'd bring back some of the humour and fun from Tales From the Borderlands, since I consider them pretty similar, but it seems to be more of a simulator of who out of the friends I can piss off the least in a single episode. The jokes dont really land for me, and the story and action bits havent really interested me. I'm pretty bummed out after what I felt was a weak season of The Walking Dead and now we have another Minecraft already basically with an episode finished. It feels like there has been a big dip in quality for the last number of titles released.

• The Walking Dead and Game of Thrones

Wait what really? I've never seen that before.

prink34320 posted: »

I think it's a combination of people having different expectations of the game - I see allot of people who were hoping to see a game more si

• I don't think Telltale Games are all that bad. I just rather wait that entire season is finished before buying in.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.