Composite Characters

Comments

• True. I would likely require full rewrite to implement in general.

prink34320 posted: »

Their tension only really spanned from their first encounter though, after that, they aren't at each others' throats like Kenny is with Chri

• lilly + bonnie = lilly

I think Lilly should have had Bonnie's role in Season 2.

• You know what, I did ask a similar question during the early days of my general questions thread. I do think it would've been a little interesting, given that people describe Carver as a Governor wannabe and she was originally intended to be a character who works for him in the comics.

Fangirl101 posted: »

+ = I think Lilly should have had Bonnie's role in Season 2.

• edited July 2017

Yes, she was supposed to be Lilly Caul from the comics. But Robert Kirkman gave her another backstory in the novel Road To Woodbury. Because of that Telltale had to remove all references to our Lilly being the one from the comics. Even the name for the achievement which is received after Lilly leaves the group/is left behind was called "Woodbury bound" but it was renamed to "What now?"

lilly caul This is Lilly Caul in Road To Survival.

lilly caul Aaand this is her in the comics.

Man, I seriously wanted Lilly to come back. I loved her and in my(unpopular) opinion she is way better than Kenny. There should have been an option to leave with her at least. :D Though I woudn't leave poor Ben alone with Kenny...
    Why did Telltale scrap her return??? Dang it!

DabigRG posted: »

You know what, I did ask a similar question during the early days of my general questions thread. I do think it would've been a little inter

• edited July 2017

I knew it~ No need to be shy about it. :kissing_heart:

You totally saved the picture with the blue-haired girl(Juvia) above, didn't you?
  • I think Kate and Mariana make a great duo. I wanted to see them interact.

I suppose, since Mariana's feelings on Kate and David are left up in the air.

It would have been cool if Kate was playable alongside Javier in order to have more interactions/time with Mari in the junkyard while Javier and Gabe go to investigate the other side of it.

That would've been neat, particularly if there were also sections where you got to play as Clementine, Gabe, and maybe David as well.

I wish you told me what particular actions on her side would make you change your opinion and would make you care. But I get what you mean.

Quite frankly, she feels easy, redundant, and ultimately somewhat pointless anyway, so I'm not sure what else I can say there.

Knowing you, you will probably prefer Carl over Clementine. I definetely do.

Eh, perhaps. Time will eventually tell the tale.

I told you about Comic!Carl and you took my word for him. You should try the comics, too. Trust me, they are good.

I'll try to get to it one day, when I have the full interest, cash, and/or resource to get to it.

I took your word for the Archie Comics. :grin:

Ah, that's nice. Hope you found something to enjoy in it!

I think Kate and Mariana make a great duo. I wanted to see them interact. It would have been cool if Kate was playable alongside Javier in o

• :blush:

Nah, babe. I'm not that shallow.

I knew it~ No need to be shy about it. You totally saved the picture with the blue-haired girl(Juvia) above, didn't you?

• She likes Kate, I think. I wish we could ask her how she felt about her dad. Did she miss him as much as Gabe did, we'll never know... I forgot to ask about this on the AMA. :(

I wish Gabe was playable, too. You know, I always imagined a scene where some bandits attack Mariana and then we(as Gabe) grab a shovel from the ground, then we sneak behind them and start hitting them with it. It would have been fantastic! :joy:

Read the online. This is how I do. :)

I am enjoying them, thanks for asking!

I think Kate and Mariana make a great duo. I wanted to see them interact. I suppose, since Mariana's feelings on Kate and David are

• She likes Kate, I think.

Well yeah, that's what's expected, but any extraneous details would work.

I wish we could ask her how she felt about her dad. Did she miss him as much as Gabe did, we'll never know... I forgot to ask about this on the AMA. :(

I've gone through a few ideas, but honestly, the general vibe I get is indifference. Though that's just how it comes off likely due to not being his daughter originally.

I wish Gabe was playable, too. You know, I always imagined a scene where some bandits attack Mariana and then we(as Gabe) grab a shovel from the ground, then we sneak behind them and start hitting them with it. It would have been fantastic! :joy:

For some reason, I imagined this cartoon whack a mole type scenario. Well that or that one cutscene from GTA V.

Read the online. This is how I do. :)

That was my second thought while posting! :joy:

She likes Kate, I think. I wish we could ask her how she felt about her dad. Did she miss him as much as Gabe did, we'll never know... I for

• edited August 2017

Lonnie and...eh, let's call him "Coon" for now
    enter image description here+enter image description here=enter image description here
    (I couldn't find another picture)

What was the point of bringing back Lonnie? I mean I'm all for Chekhov's Gun and all that good stuff, but that's not what they do here. For all intents and purposes, he's just a mook that works under Max and happened to be there when Javier's group and David discovered they were storing the stolen goods from the raid in his warehouse. And rather than capitalize on his previous encounter in the junkyard(without so much as a bandage on his nose), he's practically treated as just some lowlife who's carrying out Joan's raids for petty/greed reasons. You'd might as well have used that bearded guy with the shades from Badger's crew at that point, since he's not only the one who disregarded Max's objections to destroying Prescott but was actually present in the flashback where he is the one who causes Clementine to drop the medicine if she decides not to inject AJ. Since we already knew Lonnie's name and established him as not being a bad guy himself(though possibly a racist one) in his one scene beforehand, why not give a name to this other mook who's made recurring appearances in key scenes? Cause quite frankly, David knowing Lonnie's name doesn't really mean much beyond the obvious "he knows everyone's names--what a great leader!"

• I don't know if I'd like to see those two characters combined with how Jane's character was written...Lilly put so much on her dad and family, losing him tore her apart. Jane is kind of just....She was upset but she willingly let her sister stay behind, Lilly wouldn't have ever done that. Also Jane is a very manipulative person, who will do whatever it takes to get her way....I don't think Lilly is like that at all....She's just over aggressive and opinionated and had a burst of anger where she snapped. They are kind of opposites basically. I don't really feel they would be appropriate characters to merge.

Maybe if it was Lilly, Jane's character wouldn't have existed and they could have written it to match Lilly's personality. It's tough to wrap my head around though...I think Lilly's character would be too different than the role Jane played (regarding Clementine, I am not sure how Lilly would have related towards Clementine as they had little to no interaction in season 1). But the idea of Lilly vs Kenny after everything in season 1, I do like that idea...So I'm not totally against it.

Lilly and Jane += When I first played In Harm's Way, I thought Jane(who I had forgotten I had seen once somewhere...) was actually Lilly i

• edited July 2017

Hmm, yeah, probably It would have been better if they:

• kept the "Lonnie dies during the struggle" concept

• kept Lonnie unknown or have Max mention his fate in Episode 3

Though I was glad when he appeared alive in Above The Law.

I agree that introducing a new character for that scene would have been good. Coon? Nah. It's Shades-dude now. :D (Don't fight me on this.)
    Shades-dude would be the perfect choice since he follows orders from Badger and disobeyed Max's. This guy also looks like someone you don't want to fuck around with. :joy:
    I wish Max wasn't involved in the raiding. It just doesn't seem like his style, at least to me. I know he was doing it for the citizens, but still. Also, him being determinant is some bullshit.

Lonnie and...eh, let's call him "Coon" for now += (I couldn't find another picture) What was the point of bringing back Lonnie? I mean

• edited July 2017

Hence me mentioning rewritting Jane's other scenes to give other characters some screentime. She'd bascially get the pseudo-mentor role and few scenes where she's just bonding with Clementine again(fun fact: Lilly was the one who gave Clementine her hairclips), but the other stuff would be deleted in favor of developing other characters.

Basically, having another Season 1 character pop by for a bit as a potential highlight for some, but also staying out of the way enough for the other more plot relevant characters(except Kenny, who I thought was fine enough that episode compared to the other ones) to get the focus.

Emmalilly posted: »

I don't know if I'd like to see those two characters combined with how Jane's character was written...Lilly put so much on her dad and famil

• Hmm, yeah, probably It would have been better if they:

• kept the "Lonnie dies during the struggle" concept
    • kept Lonnie unknown or have Max mention his fate in Episode 3
      Though I was glad when he appeared alive in Above The Law.

I suppose. If only because it meant Javier didn't have unnecessary blood on his hands.

I agree that introducing a new character for that scene would have been good.

That's exactly why

Coon? Nah. It's Shades-dude now. :D (Don't fight me on this.)

That was actually my first choice. :lol: But I needed a more direct nickname since I didn't want to associate him with Shades-Chick but point out he's with Badger instead.
    Fun fact: According to @Deltino and his model rips, Badger was gonna wear shades himself at some point.

Shades-dude would be the perfect choice since he follows orders from Badger and disobeyed Max's. This guy also looks like someone you don't want to fuck around with. :joy:

Exactly! And as I said, he was involved with Clementine getting kicked out, so it makes sense for David to have some trust in him rather than Lonnie.

I wish Max wasn't involved in the raiding. It just doesn't seem like his style, at least to me. I know he was doing it for the citizens, but still. Also, him being determinant is some bullshit.

I thought he was gonna be determinant to begin with back when the Slaughterhouse was still a thing, but they changed it to be more meaningful from a story perspective. Which I'm happy for, since his intended death in the Slaughterhouse sorta implies he was a worse person by proximal implication than he actually was intended to be.
    I was honestly pretty mixed about him being involved with the raids back when Above the Law came out, primarily because it kinda clashed with his very lawful standards and I was honestly caught off guard by it because of that. On the other hand, I realized that it still technically fits with the idea of the New Frontier not being evil but rather thug-faced extremists doing what they can to established themselves, thus it makes sense that Joan(who was implied to carry a lot of clout among the entire organization, with even David citing her in the flashback) could convince him to keep it a secret from David, makes his decision to come clean even if Javier doesn't prod him mean more, and keeps him a fairly grey character. Unfortunately, his equivalent disappearance kept him from truly doing much with that despite the importance he had to the plot.

Hmm, yeah, probably It would have been better if they: * kept the "Lonnie dies during the struggle" concept * kept Lonnie unknown or

• I've been thinking... if Tripp dies during the raid in Episode 2 this would give more room for Eleanor and Conrad's development.

• Exactly! I was trying to be nice and find some meaning behind his continued existence, but yes, that's the most pragmatic solution to the problem.

I've been thinking... if Tripp dies during the raid in Episode 2 this would give more room for Eleanor and Conrad's development.

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited July 2017

What was the point of bringing back Lonnie?

I am willing to lay down money that they probably brought Lonnie back specifically because someone on the team really liked his voice, and wanted an excuse to bring the guy back to say more stuff.

Also, regarding what to call the shades guy; he looks like a Dylan or a Chris to me.

Lonnie and...eh, let's call him "Coon" for now += (I couldn't find another picture) What was the point of bringing back Lonnie? I mean

• I am willing to lay down money that they probably brought Lonnie back specifically because someone on the team really liked his voice, and wanted an excuse to bring the guy back to say more stuff.

You know what, that sounds about right considering it's probably the most memorable thing about him.

Also, regarding what to call the shades guy; he looks like a Dylan or a Chris to me.

Perhaps. I do wanna give him a more normal name since David calling him [what I assume is] a nickname wouldn't really carry much weight. And Badger's gotta stand out somehow.

Deltino posted: »

What was the point of bringing back Lonnie? I am willing to lay down money that they probably brought Lonnie back specifically becau

• i would have given Jane s role to Molly and i dont mean all of Jane s role since Molly did have a sister she took care of and heavily disagreed with Crawford s rules which Jane would probably have been fine with meaning she would try her best to help Sarah during amid the ruins she would also be able to make a bond with Clem while still having a fight with Kenny since they did not get along during season 1 episode 4 and it would make the choice between both of them even harder althought i think that Molly wouldnt have hidden the baby and the fight would have been because of Something else.

• Yeah, that was my thought when someone made a similar post a few pages back. Plus, Telltale seemed to intentionally invoke Molly with Jane so as to appeal to the fans who wanted Molly to become Clementine's big sister figure anyway.

However, I do think Molly would still be inclined to hide the baby given she was a bit of a trickster anyway. Plus, someone had a brilliant theory about why the boat plan didn't work out.

UrbanRodrik posted: »

i would have given Jane s role to Molly and i dont mean all of Jane s role since Molly did have a sister she took care of and heavily disagr

• edited July 2017

I was trying to be nice and find some meaning behind his continued existence

I know, honey, I know. :3

Though, if they wanted to give him a real purpose, they should have kept the him being aware of The New Frontier and who Badger is. We still don't know what the context was. Maybe Tripp and Badger had some kind of a rivalry, probably Tripp was supposed to be a former member of The New Frontier, pissed them off/escaped after seeing what kind of monsters they are... we'll never know. Unless the writers make a new AMA, but I doubt they'll answer these kind of questions. I mean, they didn't answer my question about Eleanor's role in From The Gallows.

I personally believe that Tripp betraying us would have been a better and more interesting twist. No one would see this coming from him since he is very loyal to the group.

Exactly! I was trying to be nice and find some meaning behind his continued existence, but yes, that's the most pragmatic solution to the problem.

• Though, if they wanted to give him a real purpose, they should have kept the him being aware of The New Frontier and who Badger is. We still don't know what the context was.

Well, given he's the guard of Prescott, I think it's safe to assume he dealt with Badger on a previous date, perhaps if Joan visited the community with Badger in tow before Eleanor joined up or something.

Unless the writers make a new AMA, but I doubt they'll answer these kind of questions. I mean, they didn't answer my question about Eleanor's role in From The Gallows.

They didn't? Well shit.

I personally believe that Tripp betraying us would have been a better and more interesting twist. No one would see this coming from him since he is very loyal to the group.

Agreed, even if said loyalty is an informed trait.

I was trying to be nice and find some meaning behind his continued existence I know, honey, I know. Though, if they wanted to gi

• I guess they wanted Lee and Clementine to be alone in his final moments, since having Lily there in charge of driving the RV before Clementine chooses to put Lee down might detract from it being their moment.

Yes, she was supposed to be Lilly Caul from the comics. But Robert Kirkman gave her another backstory in the novel Road To Woodbury. Because

• She was probably going to return way before that. I mean, in the beginning of the episode or before Ben dies.
    Imagine, when Ben falls from the balcony and then lands on the roof of the RV. :grin:

I guess they wanted Lee and Clementine to be alone in his final moments, since having Lily there in charge of driving the RV before Clementine chooses to put Lee down might detract from it being their moment.

• In the middle of an alley? :smirk:

She was probably going to return way before that. I mean, in the beginning of the episode or before Ben dies. Imagine, when Ben falls from the balcony and then lands on the roof of the RV.

• Yes, in the middle of an alley, baby. :p

In the middle of an alley?

• Well, even if he doesn't get away, at least he can get off.

Yes, in the middle of an alley, baby.

• Yup.

Well, even if he doesn't get away, at least he can get off.

• Well, given he's the guard of Prescott, I think it's safe to assume he dealt with Badger on a previous date, perhaps if Joan visited the community with Badger in tow before Eleanor joined up or something.

Probably. Though he doesn't recognize Badger specifically in the final version.
    If you went with Eleanor he just says: "We know them -- those're the freaks that brand themselves."
    If you went with Trpp: "Shit, he was one of the men at the junkyard. These are those freaks that brand themselves."

They didn't? Well shit.

I cry everytime. Hug me.
    Ms. Alyssa answered my "Was Mariana always supposed to die" and "Conrad's backstory" questions, at least. I saw that you asked about Tripp's past. :grin:
    I know that Eleanor's character went through changes and that she was supposed to be Joan's daughter. And that her original backstory makes no sense anymore.
    I wonder if they are planning something for her. If that's the reason they didn't answer my question, I'll be happy.

Agreed, even if said loyalty is an informed trait.

Oh yes, and once the character did even a little mistake, nobody cares about his/her loyalty. cough Mike cough Seriously, what's with the "This person betrayed us, so he has to die" thing?
    Mike is still cool in my book. I don't give up on characters I really like. Also, it doesn't automatically means that he is a bad guy. I understand why he would want to get away from Kenny. I kinda wanted to go with Mike.

But yeah, Tripp betraying would have been something unpredictable. Why did the writers choose Eleanor to do it, I have no idea. Especially if they are going to rewrite the episode and not give more screentime and development.

Do you think they decided on it in the last moment? I mean, Graysonn said that Episode 4 AND 5 were entirely rewritten...

Though, if they wanted to give him a real purpose, they should have kept the him being aware of The New Frontier and who Badger is. We still

• edited July 2017

Probably. Though he doesn't recognize Badger specifically in the final version.

I know. I'm just saying since Joan was always intended to be in the story, it's possible that could've been how he knew him.

I saw that you asked about Tripp's past. :grin:

Yeah--he's a dock worker.
    K.

I know that Eleanor's character went through changes and that she was supposed to be Joan's daughter. And that her original backstory makes no sense anymore.

Which really makes me curious as to what the hell changed about her considering her characterization mostly lines up with what few scenes got anyway.

I wonder if they are planning something for her. If that's the reason they didn't answer my question, I'll be happy.

It might be considering they also claimed have plans to revisit Kate and Joan/Clint. And I hope so too.

Oh yes, and once the character did even a little mistake, nobody cares about his/her loyalty. cough Mike cough Seriously, what's with the "This person betrayed us, so he has to die" thing?

People being picky and entitled, most likely. Especially given so many of them complained about the characters being "unlikable" since Part 1. And even back when Season 2 started.

Mike is still cool in my book. I don't give up on characters I really like. Also, it doesn't automatically means that he is a bad guy. I understand why he would want to get away from Kenny.

Agreed.

But yeah, Tripp betraying would have been something unpredictable. Why did the writers choose Eleanor to do it, I have no idea. Especially if they are going to rewrite the episode and not give more screentime and development.

I guess because it ended up making way more sense to do it with her at that point and people were expecting it already, so the "logical" thing to do is implement it anyway.
    Unfortunately, it ended up feeling really tacked on anyway even with the undersold setup earlier in the episode.

Do you think they decided on it in the last moment? I mean, Graysonn said that Episode 4 AND 5 were entirely rewritten...

Realistically, I kinda doubt it, considering there were apparently supposed to be more lines making it more evident that didn't get recorded.

Well, given he's the guard of Prescott, I think it's safe to assume he dealt with Badger on a previous date, perhaps if Joan visited the com

• edited July 2017

I suppose. If only because it meant Javier didn't have unnecessary blood on his hands.

Yeah. I also liked him.

That's exactly why

Hmm?

Fun fact: According to Deltino and his model rips, Badger was gonna wear shades himself at some point.

Oh, yes, I saw. :) It was in the video with deleted content I sent you, too. Apparently, Badger was a member of the Shades squad. :joy: He was also supposed to be Rufus.

I am so glad we didn't have to deal with his awful attitude in the truck, lol.

Also, I saw that one of the animations was called "sk61_badger_obj_vehicleTruckMarauder_driveSwerve.anm". So that about The New Frontier being called The Marauders in the beginning was true!

Which I'm happy for, since his intended death in the Slaughterhouse sorta implies he was a worse person by proximal implication than he actually was intended to be.

Yeah, I feel like he was worse back then, too. My theory is that he was the one who locked Javier in one of the cages. The animation said something like "javierBangingZombieCage". Max was probably chasing us when he was pulled down by a walker. The Slaughterhouse also had the Capricorn mark, so... perhaps it belonged to The New Frontier. Considering the animation with the vilager, maybe there other prisoners as well.

I was honestly pretty mixed about him being involved with the raids back when Above the Law came out, primarily because it kinda clashed with his very lawful standards and I was honestly caught off guard by it because of that.

Exactly.

On the other hand, I realized that it still technically fits with the idea of the New Frontier not being evil but rather thug-faced extremists doing what they can to established themselves, thus it makes sense that Joan(who was implied to carry a lot of clout among the entire organization, with even David citing her in the flashback) could convince him to keep it a secret from David, makes his decision to come clean even if Javier doesn't prod him mean more, and keeps him a fairly grey character.

True. :)
    I like anti-hero/grey characters like him. Btw, the percentage went up and almost 70% kept him alive. :grin:

Unfortunately, his equivalent disappearance kept him from truly doing much with that despite the importance he had to the plot.

Agreed. I still wish he wasn't determinant... I made a meme in his honor! :D
    You know, even before the AMA came out or even long before that, I had the feeling Max was held in a cell. Though it would have made more sense if he was in quarantine just like Javier and David. I would have loved a subquest which is about getting Max out of that cell.

Hmm, yeah, probably It would have been better if they: * kept the "Lonnie dies during the struggle" concept * * kept Lonni

• Hmm?

It would've been better to give that guy a name instead of bringing back Lonnie in a way that clashes with his introduction.

Oh, yes, I saw. :) It was in the video with deleted content I sent you, too. Apparently, Badger was a member of the Shades squad. :joy:

Oh, was it? Thanks for reminding me!

He was also supposed to be Rufus.
    I am so glad we didn't have to deal with his awful attitude in the truck, lol.

Yeah. Plus, they kinda needed him for later plot stuff too.
    Also, I saw that one of the animations was called "sk61_badger_obj_vehicleTruckMarauder_driveSwerve.anm". So that about The New Frontier being called The Marauders in the beginning was true!

Oh yeah, I vaguely recall that! What is this, TWDG: The Dark Brotherhood?

Yeah, I feel like he was worse back then, too. My theory is that he was the one who locked Javier in one of the cages. The animation said something like "javierBangingZombieCage". Max was probably chasing us when he was pulled down by a walker. The Slaughterhouse also had the Capricorn mark, so... perhaps it belonged to The New Frontier. Considering the animation with the vilager, maybe there other prisoners as well.

Yeah, pretty much.

I like anti-hero/grey characters like him.

Well, anti-villain anyway. Anti-heroes tend to be a little too dickish at times.

#coughJanecough

Btw, the percentage went up and almost 70% kept him alive. :grin:

Great to hear! Not that it means much going forward, but still!

Agreed. I still wish he wasn't determinant... I made a meme in his honor! :D

Yeah, I remember it. :smile:

You know, even before the AMA came out or even long before that, I had the feeling Max was held in a cell.

Honestly, I thought they were gonna reveal that Joan demoted him to sewer duty or outright killed him given her characterization shift.

Though it would have made more sense if he was in quarantine just like Javier and David. I would have loved a subquest which is about getting Max out of that cell.

Yeah, that was a major missed opportunity, even if he didn't do much afterwards. I guess they wanted to keep their respective crimes separate or whatever.

I suppose. If only because it meant Javier didn't have unnecessary blood on his hands. Yeah. I also liked him. That's exactly

• It would've been better to give that guy a name instead of bringing back Lonnie in a way that clashes with his introduction.

Ah! Okay then.
    Btw, I cropped the big image so only Shades-dude is visible. I resized it for you, too. If you want, edit your post and use it. :)
    shades-dude

Oh yeah, I vaguely recall that! What is this, TWDG: The Dark Brotherhood?

Seems like it. :joy:

Anti-heroes tend to be a little too dickish at times.

~All hail Shadow! Heroes rise again
    Obligerating everything that's not your friend
    Nothing can stop you now, no ghost to bring you down
    There's nothing left to lose, you win
    ~

Maan, Shadow has his own game while the other characters are forgotten. Except for Tails, Knuckles and Amy.

Tfw you realize SEGA gave up on Cream:
    bruh

I still haven't checked out Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric. Everyone says it's shit. Is it as bad as people say it is? I know that there is a new character Sticks who looks like Marine The Racoon.

coughJanecough

Jane ain't a hero. She ain't nothing. <-- (read this in Conrad's voice, lol)
    She is anti-everything good. ;)

or outright killed him given her characterization shift.

If that happened, I would have slapped some bitches. :joy:

Yeah, that was a major missed opportunity, even if he didn't do much afterwards. I guess they wanted to keep their respective crimes separate or whatever.

Hmm, that makes sense.

Hmm? It would've been better to give that guy a name instead of bringing back Lonnie in a way that clashes with his introduction.

• Ah! Okay then.
    Btw, I cropped the big image so only Shades-dude is visible. I resized it for you, too. If you want, edit your post and use it. :)
    shades-dude

Ooh, you so nice--thanks!
    :grin:

~All hail Shadow! Heroes rise again
    Obligerating everything that's not your friend
    Nothing can stop you now, no ghost to bring you down
    There's nothing left to lose, you win~

:lol:

Maan, Shadow has his own game while the other characters are forgotten. Except for Tails, Knuckles and Amy.

Well, at least Silver and the Chaotix are gonna be in Forces, so there's that!

Tfw you realize SEGA gave up on Cream:
    bruh

Yeah, she really does deserve some spotlight since she ended up debuting in a classic-esque game anyway.
    Also, I was listening to the Bumblekast several months ago and Ian suggested several spinoff ideas, including a Chao rancher game for Cream. Sega, take note!

I still haven't checked out Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric. Everyone says it's shit. Is it as bad as people say it is? I know that there is a new character Sticks who looks like Marine The Racoon.

Yeah, it is. I haven't played it since I don't have a Wii U, but Somecallmejohnny and especially the GameGrumps did a good job showcasing the many issues with that game and story.
    Meanwhile, Sticks the Jungle Badger is a main character in the TV Show and other games as well. Her characterization and "role" in Rise of Lyric is...inaccurate, to say the least.

Jane ain't a hero. She ain't nothing. <-- (read this in Conrad's voice, lol)
    She is anti-everything good. ;)

:lol:

If that happened, I would have slapped some bitches. :joy:

Yeah, with Joan starting the domino effect!

It would've been better to give that guy a name instead of bringing back Lonnie in a way that clashes with his introduction. Ah! Oka

• Ooh, you so nice--thanks!

You so hungry and ate the "are". :grin:
    You're welcome!

Gotta love Shadow!

Well, at least Silver and the Chaotix are gonna be in Forces, so there's that!

Heeeell Yeeeeaaah, baby!!!

i'm so happy right now

Yeah, she really does deserve some spotlight since she ended up debuting in a classic-esque game anyway.

Agreed. The last game she appeared in was........Sonic Generations, which was.....6 years ago. :sob: (I don't count the mobile games/apps)

Also, I was listening to the Bumblekast several months ago and Ian suggested several spinoff ideas, including a Chao rancher game for Cream. Sega, take note!

Yes! Yes! Yes! Make it happen, Sega! :heart_eyes:

Yeah, it is. I haven't played it since I don't have a Wii U, but Somecallmejohnny and especially the GameGrumps did a good job showcasing the many issues with that game and story.

Now that you say so, I am more curious. I'll watch playthroughs since I don't have Wii U as well. And see what these two say about the game.

Meanwhile, Sticks the Jungle Badger is a main character in the TV Show and other games as well. Her characterization and "role" in Rise of Lyric is...inaccurate, to say the least.

I don't know much about her. She has a strong resemblance to Marine, that's for sure.

Yeah, with Joan starting the domino effect!

Yup!

domino effect of slapping bitches

Ah! Okay then. Btw, I cropped the big image so only Shades-dude is visible. I resized it for you, too. If you want, edit your post and us

• You so hungry and ate the "are".

Heeeell Yeeeeaaah, baby!!!

i'm so happy right now

Yep and hopefully Omega, Cream, and maybe even Big will be in it as well.

Now that you say so, I am more curious. I'll watch playthroughs since I don't have Wii U as well. And see what these two say about the game

Just be warned that the GameGrumps have a habit of going off on these really irrelevant tangents as their playthroughs go on, often about their personal life.
    "Fiderman's real name is Peter Sparker."

I don't know much about her. She has a strong resemblance to Marine, that's for sure.

She's essentially a wild conspiracy theorist whom Amy befriended and somewhat civilized in the past. This makes her somewhat paranoid, distrustful, and occasionally annoying/sociopathic in a humorous way.
    The game...doesn't really emulate more than one word of that

Ooh, you so nice--thanks! You so hungry and ate the "are". You're welcome! Gotta love Shadow! Well, at least Silver a

• edited August 2017

Kenny and Carver
    enter image description here+enter image description here=enter image description here

During his OMG!Con 2015 Q&A Panel alongside Melissa Hutchinson, Gavin Hammon revealed that earlier drafts had Kenny as the "Carver" character when he was first contacted for Season 2. Of course, when the story was revised at some point down the line, Carver was made a separate character and Kenny returned as a rival for Luke. Pandering to the borderline extinct "Carver is a great guy" fandom here, perhaps this plot point (which was presumably a concept of Sean Ainsworth's original plans before he left) shouldn't have been changed in favor of truly pitting Clementine against a former group member that had seemingly fallen, thereby ensuring his conflict with the Cabin Group has the gray vs grey morality that it was built up as. I could also make the supposed connection between the two have more potential weight.

• But yeah, Tripp betraying would have been something unpredictable. Why did the writers choose Eleanor to do it, I have no idea. Especially if they are going to rewrite the episode and not give more screentime and development.

Only just saw this comment but the change to make Eleanor betray the group was definitely something they decided while writing episodes four and five and not at all planned from the beginning. There's 0 indication she would do something like that in ep3. I wouldn't neccesarily say episodes 4 and 5 were entirely rewritten (if I did then I overexaggerated) but massive chunks were definitely changed.

Episode 5 is just a clusterfuck of a continuation. It suffers the same problem as Season 2, the writers clearly didn't talk to each other and so while one person was working episode 4 and thinking 'wouldn't it be cool if David chases after Joan/Clint?' the ep5 writers had different ideas and suddenly David doesn't give a shit anymore and stays in Richmond shooting zombies because... ??? He made it clear he doesn't care about Richmond anymore so his actions make little sense.

As for Mike, I hope he's rotting in a ditch. My issue isn't that he 'betrayed' the group, it's that he stole all the food and medicine that were left and was willing to leave and 11 year old and a baby alone for his purely selfish needs. At no point did he think to tell Clementine about his plan. Even if he did later that night, what if Clementine said no? Then what? Is he going to leave her to die with no supplies? If Kenny was the problem (which he wasn't at all) then why not just bind him in his sleep? Even considering that Clementine is okay with this, that still leaves Arvo. Somehow I think if Clementine was in danger and Mike/Bonnie were preoccupied I highly doubt he would save her.

Well, given he's the guard of Prescott, I think it's safe to assume he dealt with Badger on a previous date, perhaps if Joan visited the com

• edited July 2017

Yeah--he's a dock worker.
    K.

Yup, I read that. You're not impressed, huh? :joy: Though I expected him to be a firefighter or a policeman. But if you look at his memorial photo it makes sense. We don't know how he found the airstrip, but oh well.
    I am satisfied with Conrad's backstory. Poor him. :( He also mentioned that he had a child, which I honestly thought it would turn out to be Ava.

Which really makes me curious as to what the hell changed about her considering her characterization mostly lines up with what few scenes got anyway.

Same here! I want to know, too. Telltale, why u no tell us the details?
    For example we know how Ben changed: he was supposed to be more traumatized than he is in the final version, he was going to be the only survivor of his first group(40 students), was forced to watch a girl from his class being raped to death.
    About the choice to leave him behind, we could do it only if we chose not to help Mr Parker.

In an interview Shelly Shenoy, Kate's voice actress, said that Kate was different from the one we know now. (Yup, she changed, too!!) Here is the interview if you want to take a look!

I decided to pop my head in the AMA thread and saw that Ms Alyssa said that Badger also changed a lot in development. (You read that right!!). She also suggested that he is a priveleged bully, meaning he wasn't decent even before the apocalypse. -_-

It might be considering they also claimed have plans to revisit Kate and Joan/Clint. And I hope so too.

Make it happen, Telltale!!! :love: They will probably include the stuff from the game files(the spoilers)!

Especially given so many of them complained about the characters being "unlikable" since Part 1.

Not true. People find excuses since the game was not about Clementine. The only unlikeable one is Badger. Nuff said.

And even back when Season 2 started.

Not true, either. Alvin, for example, is a character who I really liked and wanted to see more of. I admit that Nick was a dick in the beginning and Rebecca was kind of a bitch, but they were right to be cautious of Clementine.

I guess because it ended up making way more sense to do it with her at that point and people were expecting it already, so the "logical" thing to do is implement it anyway.

making way more sense
    people were expecting it already
    logical

Don't mind me.

you're telling me that tt ruined my precious cinnamon roll because ppl were fricking expecting it???? Bullshit!

Unfortunately, it ended up feeling really tacked on anyway even with the undersold setup earlier in the episode.

Yup. It's obvious that it was not planned from the beginning. For the love of God Telltale, whyy? :sob:

YOU ARE BACK!!! YASSS!!!

I missed you, I don't care if it was one day

Probably. Though he doesn't recognize Badger specifically in the final version. I know. I'm just saying since Joan was always intend

Sign in to comment in this discussion.