List your thoughts about how can Season 2 be better than Season 1.

edited October 2017 in The Wolf Among Us

Title says it all.

Tagged:

Comments

• Well it would be cool if Telltale adds something like a "smell" ability to Bigby that would work kinda like Rhys' Echo Eye, Press Q and now Bigby can pick up scents off objects and get more details.

• Fights like Bigby Vs woodsman in ep 1 was unique because it had a lot of variety in it so I hope in s2 the fights be like that but bigger and maybe changing some things about it lead to different outcomes why not :)

• Longer episodes. Seriously, the length of most Telltale episodes these days are much shorter than they used to be, while the prices have remained the same. I'm hoping they make each episode at least 2 hours long (making it feel like a game with exploration and investigation elements) instead of streamlining everything with constant dialogue and action sequences, which tend to add up to less content and shorter episodes. Not that any of these things are bad, but I think a mix of all these things is needed, especially for a mystery. Let us try to figure it out ourselves by investigating!

Also, I'd enjoy making the "connecting the evidence" sequences be less obvious and actually failable, just to make it a bit more interesting.

• Just keep doing what theyre doing. I like to see more case solving. I said before, the elements from The Batman game were good and Id like to see that adapted for Wolf.

• I agree with Poogers about the smell ability. That would be a nice addition.

All 3 of Bigby's transformations should return (his huff and puff attack though, would depend on the situation):

• First transformation stage (yellow eyes, more hair, claws)
    • The full were-wolf stage
    • Ultimate Big Bad Wolf form (Bigby's true/original form)

Bigby's transformations

• edited July 2017

Consistency. Writers changed 3 times, if I recall correctly, during the development of S1. It all was tied up quite nicely in the end, but still, a consistent season with consistent release times would've been great.

Also, the possibility for Bigby to pay romantic attention to someone else. Before comic book readers devour me for saying that, I know that Snow and Bigby is canon, but TWAU is set two decades before the actual comics start. I'm just saying it would be really fun seeing opportunities for Bigby to actually act on all that sexual tension that was all over the place with basically every female character in the first season, it'd fit with the noir theme and also seeing him flirt (or rather try to) would be hilarious. He could even try one of his famous moves...

enter image description here

• Bring back Bloody Mary in a larger role. Maybe even as a determinant love interest (much to Snow's chagrin).

• More fight scenes, and more "oh will you 2 just kiss already?" moments between Bigby and Snow

mic drop

• It's too bad Willingham killed Colin off as early as he did. I love the banter between him and Bigby. The only chance of Colin appearing in S2 would be to write the season as another prequel (unless he cameos as a severed head, like he did in the comics).

• I like that idea.

Poogers555 posted: »

Well it would be cool if Telltale adds something like a "smell" ability to Bigby that would work kinda like Rhys' Echo Eye, Press Q and now Bigby can pick up scents off objects and get more details.

• Better villain. Don't get me wrong, I loved Bloody Mary (as an enemy) and Tweedles were alright too, but I was kinda dissapointed when finally get to see the Crooked Man. He was son of a..., obviously and I really despised him, but I was expecting someone more interesting.

• Longer episodes would be nice, too. I just feel like we should get more activities and interactions.

• More scenes between Snow and Bigby. I don't want a full romance at once, but creators should uphold that tension between these two and give them more scenes together when they just talk about the case or their problems. It's always nice.

• Even more action and fight scenes.

• More really important choices. I just want to feel that what I do matters.

• New intriguing mysteries.

• Great Idea :)

Well it would be cool if Telltale adds something like a "smell" ability to Bigby that would work kinda like Rhys' Echo Eye, Press Q and now Bigby can pick up scents off objects and get more details.

• more mysteries(e.g. at the end was it Faith or Nerissa )
    • smell ability
    • Rose Red vs Snow White
  • Bigby being with someone else or flirting with someone else would still break the cannon because Bigby canonically can not be attracted to anyone else (It has to do with Snow's scent and stuff) the only time he was shown with someone else was because he couldnt be with Snow and was trying to find a way to distract himself but he was severely depressed.

armis37 posted: »

Consistency. Writers changed 3 times, if I recall correctly, during the development of S1. It all was tied up quite nicely in the end, but s

• My guess is Season 2 will still take place before the comics so Colin will probably appear again

It's too bad Willingham killed Colin off as early as he did. I love the banter between him and Bigby. The only chance of Colin appearing in

• Have bigby sound like a wolf not a lion when he transform's all the way cause that be great.

• There you go, destroying my dream Poogs...

enter image description here

I shall hope that TT will stray from canon, at least a little bit.

Bigby being with someone else or flirting with someone else would still break the cannon because Bigby canonically can not be attracted to a

• How do you feel about a determinant romance with Bloody Mary (if she were to come back)?

Et_Caetera posted: »

* Better villain. Don't get me wrong, I loved Bloody Mary (as an enemy) and Tweedles were alright too, but I was kinda dissapointed when fin

• edited July 2017

EDIT: double post

* Better villain. Don't get me wrong, I loved Bloody Mary (as an enemy) and Tweedles were alright too, but I was kinda dissapointed when fin

• As I said, I like Bloody Mary as an enemy. She's great and really cool to fight with. But I don't see her with Bigby, she almost killed him and I don't think they would work together as a couple. Besides, I just really like BigbyxSnow thing.

How do you feel about a determinant romance with Bloody Mary (if she were to come back)?

• edited July 2017

I wouldn't mind Bigby having a friendly/caring relationship with another lady Fable like he did with Faith/Nerissa in season 1.

However having said that, like Poogers said, Bigby's true love has always been Snow (it has been since they first met in the Short story "The Wolf in the Fold") - so unless Snow breaks Bigby's heart (like it sort of happened in the comics, where Bigby then hooked up with the mundy native indian girlfriend as a rebound to try to forget Snow), I don't see any other romantic relationship happening (since that will break canon, and be out of character for Bigby).

I'd suggest you try reading the actual comics armis. There is a reason why Fables (the main series comics especially) is considered to be one of the masterpieces of comics genre - it is highly recommended by many.

There you go, destroying my dream Poogs... I shall hope that TT will stray from canon, at least a little bit.

• edited July 2017

Hmm, not trying to down the actual quality of the comics, but this is the first time I hear them called "masterpieces of the genre" - most people or sources I've come upon just refer to them as solid comic books, but nothing groundbreaking, revolutionary or exceptional. Where did you get this notion?

CoolGuyJ posted: »

I wouldn't mind Bigby having a friendly/caring relationship with another lady Fable like he did with Faith/Nerissa in season 1. However h

• People may say whatever they want about 'In Sheep's Clothing' but that little sweet moment in the opening scene is still one of my favs.

HazzatheMan posted: »

More fight scenes, and more "oh will you 2 just kiss already?" moments between Bigby and Snow mic drop

• I hope they don't solve the mistery or end the villain before the final episode, like they did with Carver or Lady Arkham or minecraft.
    And I really hope that the game doesn't pull back any sexuality theme or nudity, like ttg did on GoT.

• It was so beautiful

Jacol posted: »

People may say whatever they want about 'In Sheep's Clothing' but that little sweet moment in the opening scene is still one of my favs.

• edited July 2017

Well for starters, the main series is the winner of the Eisner awards (basically comic book industry's equivalent of the Oscar Awards). Fables won the award 14 times, which includes writing, art, anthology, short story etc, etc). And this achievement is no easy feat.

I also know several other sources stating the quality of the comics being masterpiece or close to being masterpiece at least - but I won't cite them now (work is starting to get really busy).

But the important thing is, you won't know it's good or bad (or even excellent) until you've actually tried it, would ya? First volumes does get a bit of getting used to, but when you're past that - the main series just sucks you right in.

Hmm, not trying to down the actual quality of the comics, but this is the first time I hear them called "masterpieces of the genre" - most p

• I definitely think what the new season will need the most is a more solid plot. Like season 1 was a great game and all, and in my opinion, Telltale's best, but there were apparently a lot of rewrites, as can be picked up in those "next time" closing segments (or whatever you call them...), and while it didn't effect the game too much, there is a noticeable bit of decline in the later episodes (4,5), which felt shorter and a little rushed. So I'd much prefer for the writers to get a really clear outline of what they want and to keep a consistent, yet complex story that unravels in each episode, with multiple clues that might not be picked up at first glances.

I'd also like to see the investigation have a bit more of a personal feel to it, like something that's close to Bigby in a way that may effect him emotionally, giving way for more options and reasons for him to either loose control or to keep the beast inside. Not necessarily something like those that he loves being hurt, but perhaps the killings may bring back memories in his violent past and stir up tensions that way, both with himself and the community of Fabletown? I don't know, but more personal stakes would be nice this time around. Oh, and a better villain, maybe a serial killer like what seemed to have been originally planned.

There also has to be more romantic scenes between Show and Bigby. It's a must. And yes, I'm aware they can't get to together due to the comics, but I'm fine with that as long as there's quite a few nice little interactions between the two.

The last thing I could think of, which probably won't happen, is more episodes. The last two episodes, while still great and still bringing about a relatively satisfying conclusion, felt a tad bit rushed, and I think the game, especially because it's a noire mystery, could definitely do with more episodes, which should be long and our money's worth, than just five.

• It definitely wouldn't be anything that would last long, but an optional session of wild sex could be a blast. :p

As I said, I like Bloody Mary as an enemy. She's great and really cool to fight with. But I don't see her with Bigby, she almost killed him and I don't think they would work together as a couple. Besides, I just really like BigbyxSnow thing.

• Say what?!

How do you feel about a determinant romance with Bloody Mary (if she were to come back)?

• I'd really like for more of the comic book characters to be brought in like Rose Red and Boy Blue. I'd also love to see more locations and the farm.

• Not necessarily I dare say. Perhaps with a loving man in her life she could become less violent and change for the better, who knows. What do we really know about her, anyway?

It definitely wouldn't be anything that would last long, but an optional session of wild sex could be a blast.

• edited July 2017

I hope more fighting scenes will be as good as the Woodsman fight was, with it's immense variability and a huge number of ways for it to go down. Unlike those in Batman where if you don't press a button it either goes exactly the same as if you did, or the game plain shows you death screen, thus boring as hell.

• *Them pheromones *

Bigby being with someone else or flirting with someone else would still break the cannon because Bigby canonically can not be attracted to a

• So my suggestion would be try reading it (At least until Volume 4, March of the Wooden Soldiers) - if by that point you're still not into the series, then it's obviously not your cup of tea, so you can decide to drop it.

But the main series just gives so much more mythology/lore on all characters, that in most people's cases - it furthers the enjoyment and understanding of TWAU (my mate @HazzatheMan can also verify for you).

In the end, the choice is up to you. All I'm trying to say is don't let the naysayers influence you into not even giving this (fantastic) series a chance (I actually found out about TWAU first when it was announced, then I researched a bit and found out about "Fables", so I read through and caught up with the main series before I started playing Wolf, and it furthered my enjoyment of the Game).

Hmm, not trying to down the actual quality of the comics, but this is the first time I hear them called "masterpieces of the genre" - most p

• My favorite Snigby moment in season 1!! :)

Jacol posted: »

People may say whatever they want about 'In Sheep's Clothing' but that little sweet moment in the opening scene is still one of my favs.

• Brannigan.

Telltale listened. We are very grateful. Now please, please don't mess this up.

• The real question is: Will they follow the comics or not?
    For example in the comics Snow doesn't like BigB, she's kind of a b**** at the beginning, BigB and her barely know eachother and Sleeping Beauty is kinda annoying too. We could think the devloppers don't follow the storyline or at least not exactly.

When will take place the stroy? Right after the first season? If yes, it will start at the farm, and the comics starts at the farm too, it doesn't worth it...

I hope they won't follow the story, which could be strange and offending for fans of the comics.

I love the first season so much, I want the same thing: good characters, good story, good investigation... Just, I would like a clear explanation for the Faith/Narissa thing.

PS: Sorry for my bad english!

• What about Brannigan?

Hbh128 posted: »

Brannigan. Telltale listened. We are very grateful. Now please, please don't mess this up.

• I'm just gonna leave this here.

• Lol someone used that thing I made XD

I'm just gonna leave this here.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.