Marvel Cinematic Universe Discussion Thread

Comments

• edited July 2017

Apparantly he's good at staying under budget and delivering products fast. But judging from the quality of his work so far in the MCU it's unlikely that Marvel will continue to hire him if Inhumans has the same critical reception.

why the fuck would anybody ever hire scott buck anymore? who's idea was this

• I think I would prefer quality over a quick but low quality show.

lupinb0y posted: »

Apparantly he's good at staying under budget and delivering products fast. But judging from the quality of his work so far in the MCU it's unlikely that Marvel will continue to hire him if Inhumans has the same critical reception.

• that's where i stopped. it was okay, but unless the show is something i love, it's hard for me to get invested into a lot of shows that have super long ass episodes.

I'm 4 episodes into Iron Fist and it's probably the worst thing in the MCU.

• I'm pretty sure we all do. But tell that to Ike Perlmutter.

I think I would prefer quality over a quick but low quality show.

• Does anyone recommend agents of shield :•)

• I am happy that Disney booted him off the movies, so he can't meddle with them anymore.

Also if Inhumans fails, then too bad for Ike, since that was his pet project.

I'm pretty sure we all do. But tell that to Ike Perlmutter.

• staying under budget and delivering products fast.

well that explains everything

• I haven't seen anything from season one (because it wasn't great) but everything after that has been fantastic.

BigGazMan posted: »

Does anyone recommend agents of shield :•)

• Yes! The first season can be a bit rough to get through, because at the beginning it's mostly "monster of the week" type of the show, but after the Winter Soldier crossover (which is like 16th or 17th episode of the 1st season I believe), it did a complete 180 and it's been getting progressively better and better with each passing episode, quickly becoming one of my favourite TV shows.

BigGazMan posted: »

Does anyone recommend agents of shield :•)

• Thanks bud, I'm going to start watching it soon :•)

Pipas posted: »

Yes! The first season can be a bit rough to get through, because at the beginning it's mostly "monster of the week" type of the show, but af

• Thanks bud, I'm going to stay watching it soon :•)

I haven't seen anything from season one (because it wasn't great) but everything after that has been fantastic.

• Finished Iron Fist. In case anyone was wondering I gave a brief, non-specific review of it on my Twitter summing up my thoughts in this chain:

But for people who don't give enough of a shit to click the link, I gave it a 3/10. Good potential, does stuff right, but is pretty much garbage.

• http://io9.gizmodo.com/the-first-footage-from-avengers-infinity-war-blows-awa-1796948476

Disney recently showed off the Infinity War trailer exclusively to people at D23. The trailer is not public, but you can find write ups online. It sounds really epic.

• New Defenders trailer

• The trailer is really good, but it seems like the story relies waaaaaaaaay to much on Danny Rand, which is worrying.

New Defenders trailer

• Yeaah, I'll wait for a non-potato quality trailer. They did release the Age of Ultron one after the leak, so I'm hoping this will be the case as well.

bloop posted: »

Watch this

• [removed]

Watch this

• I'm not so sure about that, it will both overshadow and spoiler Ragnarok. We'll have to wait and see I guess, looks awesome though, I'll tell you that.

Yeaah, I'll wait for a non-potato quality trailer. They did release the Age of Ultron one after the leak, so I'm hoping this will be the case as well.

... Eeehhh I'll wait for actual official footage of it.
    I'd rather not spoil my expectations too early.

Watch this

• Come on, you know you want to...

enter image description here

AChicken posted: »

.... .... .... ... Eeehhh I'll wait for actual official footage of it. I'd rather not spoil my expectations too early.

• MUST....
    RESIST...
    URGE TO....
    WATCH!

Come on, you know you want to...

• Instead I really like that,maybe he will become to the general audience more than "I'm the sworn enemy of the Hand" meme

The trailer is really good, but it seems like the story relies waaaaaaaaay to much on Danny Rand, which is worrying.

• It spoils a bit of Ragnarok.

MUST.... RESIST... URGE TO.... WATCH!

• Come on...

MUST.... RESIST... URGE TO.... WATCH!

• enter image description here

No. You shall not break me.

Come on...

• Well then I guess I'm not watching it.
    Ha!

papai46 posted: »

It spoils a bit of Ragnarok.

• edited July 2017

coughThanosfuckspeopleupcough

No. You shall not break me.

• I don't really felt that when I watch the trailer. And I don't think Danny will be as difficult and problematic in this show because this is under a different showrunner. Danny's problem in his show was mainly due to the bad writing. If he is executed well, he can be a cool character.

Which is why I am excited for Season 2 of Iron Fist. They have recently fired the previous showrunner Scott Buck and replaced him with someone who is passionate about Iron Fist and martial arts movies.

The trailer is really good, but it seems like the story relies waaaaaaaaay to much on Danny Rand, which is worrying.

• The poster for Thor: Ragnarok is SO GOOD!

• I am starting to come around with the weird space setting in a Thor movie. When I first heard the title, Ragnarok, I expected some serious world-ending catastrophe. Granted, we will get some of that, I just didn't expected there was this lightheartness to it.

Also the sight of Thor at the end fully powered in lightning and Hulk charging into Surtur made me feel extreme goosebumbs.

The poster for Thor: Ragnarok is SO GOOD!

• Welp, guess I was wrong.

Oh well, might as well watch it now since I doubt we'll get any footage of Infinity War any time soon.

Yeaah, I'll wait for a non-potato quality trailer. They did release the Age of Ultron one after the leak, so I'm hoping this will be the case as well.

• enter image description here

Welp, guess I was wrong. Oh well, might as well watch it now since I doubt we'll get any footage of Infinity War any time soon.

• cough notsurprised cough ;)

coughThanosfuckspeopleupcough

• coughJustwatchitmanyouwon'tregretit.cough

cough notsurprised cough

• They have recently fired the previous showrunner Scott Buck and replaced him with someone who is passionate about Iron Fist and martial arts movies.

name of the showrunner? wanna read up and see if i can trust the new guy with the show, especially after that clusterfuck of a season finale

I don't really felt that when I watch the trailer. And I don't think Danny will be as difficult and problematic in this show because this is

• His name is Raven Metzner and I have already done your research for you. He is one of the three writers for the 2005 year old movie, Elektra. He have been working on Sleepy Hollows, wrote two episodes of Heroes Reborn and some other stuff.

I am willing to give this guy a chance. Even though he did write Elektra, that was his first writing credit which he also shared with the same writer who wrote the Avengers. Also I have read that they are bringing a bunch of new writers for the next season. Marvel are obviously trying to fix Iron Fist. I doubt that they have chosen Metzner carelessly considering what Scott Buck did.

They have recently fired the previous showrunner Scott Buck and replaced him with someone who is passionate about Iron Fist and martial arts

• He is one of the three writers for the 2005 year old movie, Elektra.

so basically you're saying they got someone even worse

His name is Raven Metzner and I have already done your research for you. He is one of the three writers for the 2005 year old movie, Elektra

• I would rather see what he does with the second season before judging him. Don't judge him for that one movie that he did like 12 years ago, maybe he has gotten better? People can change. Besides, the writer for the Avengers also wrote Elektra and he turned out to do well.

He is one of the three writers for the 2005 year old movie, Elektra. so basically you're saying they got someone even worse

• Don't judge him for that one movie that he did like 12 years ago, maybe he has gotten better? People can change.

i know, i know, just hard to be optimistic after something like elektra

Besides, the writer for the Avengers also wrote Elektra and he turned out to do well.

lightning striking twice in the same place is highly unlikely

I would rather see what he does with the second season before judging him. Don't judge him for that one movie that he did like 12 years ago,

Sign in to comment in this discussion.