Marvel Cinematic Universe Discussion Thread

Comments

• Ok I'm a little late but the SuperBowl Infinity War trailer was soooooooooo good I know it was just 30 something seconds long but we got to see so much more I really can't wait for this movie

• The movies don't really interest me that much, but I love the Marvel shows on Netflix.
    Can't wait for season 2 of Jessica Jones next month.

• Just like Ragnarok was going on during Civil War but was released later.

Sbs1280 posted: »

I think it might be before IW

• I'm not a Marvel TV fan theres too much nasty stuff in thier TV shows

Onmens posted: »

The movies don't really interest me that much, but I love the Marvel shows on Netflix. Can't wait for season 2 of Jessica Jones next month.

• Am I the only person who saw the Venom trailer

• edited February 2018

I agree with people that it might have done its job as a "Teaser", but it's not drumming up much interest for me.
    Take away the name, and what can you say about this movie? What is it about?

Looks to be interesting, Hardy seems like a good choice, but there isn't much to say about it right now. Let's just hope the next trailer garners interest in people.

Edit: Though I hope this movie makes me enjoy its isolation from other Marvel properties. Isn't Eddie "Venom" because Spider-Man once wore the black suit? The symbiote learned from him, and wants to consume him once more? How do you have a Venom movie, or a Venom character, without its relationship to Spider-Man?

Am I the only person who saw the Venom trailer

• mostlypoptartsmostlypoptarts ModeratorFormer Telltale Staff

Alright MCU fans. I need help deciding... Should I get the Thor: Ragnarok Filmmaker's Blu-Ray (Target Exclusive) or the 4K Steelbook (Best Buy Exclusive)? Even though I don't have a 4K tv atm, I plan on getting one this year so it might be worth investing... but the filmmaker's book from Target looks dope, too.

Target
    Best Buy

Help a girl out!

• My vote would be for the one with the book from Target

Alright MCU fans. I need help deciding... Should I get the Thor: Ragnarok Filmmaker's Blu-Ray (Target Exclusive) or the 4K Steelbook (Best B

• mostlypoptartsmostlypoptarts ModeratorFormer Telltale Staff

That's the one I'm leaning towards right now. I might get the Best Buy one later when I know I'm getting the TV.... the art on the cover is so pretty :heart:

My vote would be for the one with the book from Target

• Since I don't usually buy and collect the dvds, I would go for Target.

Alright MCU fans. I need help deciding... Should I get the Thor: Ragnarok Filmmaker's Blu-Ray (Target Exclusive) or the 4K Steelbook (Best B

• edited February 2018

I'd go for the Target one. The behind the scenes book sounds neat, especially if you're into "making of" stuff.

• I'd say Target. The special stuff in that edition sounds neat. Plus, if you're getting it now, it's probably best to settle with the thing you can get the most value out of. The "special 4K edition" won't do you much without a special 4K TV i guess.
    But that Best Buy case is so good!

• Target definitely plus you normally get free popcorn when u get a big movie

• It didn't look great to me but I could be wrong I'm not a big Hardry fan

AChicken posted: »

I agree with people that it might have done its job as a "Teaser", but it's not drumming up much interest for me. Take away the name, and

• What would be nice is if the best buy cover was on the target special edition

That's the one I'm leaning towards right now. I might get the Best Buy one later when I know I'm getting the TV.... the art on the cover is so pretty

• What do you mean by nasty stuff can you elaborate on that?

I'm not a Marvel TV fan theres too much nasty stuff in thier TV shows

• I love how their making a venom movie but I absolutely hate how sony is making a movie for spiderman's most popular villain, and they wont include spiderman at all I hope that im wrong though and they at least reference him at some points it would be completely idiotic for them not too because spiderman is a big part of venoms origins.

• Like nudity and that kind of stuff I know the MCU movies have some mild stuff but it's nothing compared to the TV stuff

What do you mean by nasty stuff can you elaborate on that?

• So I guess you probably dint like deadpool or blade and the punisher movies those can get as you put it nasty lol.

Like nudity and that kind of stuff I know the MCU movies have some mild stuff but it's nothing compared to the TV stuff

• Haven't posted here in a bit but there's a lot to talk about so I'm gonna ramble because I have nothing better to do.

Venom and Black Panther look kinda... bad. Venom looks like any interchangable action movie and the Black Panther trailer is obnoxious. Of course they may not represent the final product but boy howdy has Marvel let me right the fuck down before. I hope they'll be good but good lord I don't have a lot of faith.

Ant Man & The Wasp and Infinity War look alright? They definitely look interesting and fun for sure, but the plots seem kinda weak and on the topic of Infinity War, it feels like it might wind up being a massive clusterfuck. What are there, 26 heroes in this movie? 10 of which are the "le funny" character and 5 of them are super serious and stoic? It feels messy before it even has a chance to prove itself. Who knows, it could be great. The Russo Brothers are talented directors and the writers seem to be a staple in the MCU so you never know. As for AM&TW's director and writer... god speed, Paul Rudd.

Deadpool 2 and Jessica Jones Season 2 look amazing, but honestly who's surprised. Netflix and Deadpool are keeping Marvel's creativity afloat at this point. Some weird lines and bad acting in both trailers but everything looks promising and good.

Also I watched Logan since posting last. Tears were shed. Tears were shed.

• Yep I really dont understand why that crap has to be in movies

So I guess you probably dint like deadpool or blade and the punisher movies those can get as you put it nasty lol.

• alo't of those movies can be pretty brutal but its just them trying to stay true to the source material.

Yep I really dont understand why that crap has to be in movies

• I agreed with mostly everything else you said however don't really care for jessica jones but how exactly is the black panther trailer obnoxious? Also I mean hell I could see you saying that about deadpool 2 which looks like its going to look more or less the same like the first deadpool with more action with constant jokes and albeit more forced diversity , black panther at least looks like its bringing something more serious for a change but then again the movie is a lead up to infinity war so that makes sense. And why are people hating so much on the venom movie that isn't even out yet and I actually want valid reasons instead of people complaining about how sony is not showing venom when its a teaser.

Haven't posted here in a bit but there's a lot to talk about so I'm gonna ramble because I have nothing better to do. Venom and Black Pan

• And why are people hating so much on the venom movie that isn't even out yet and I actually want valid reasons instead of people complaining about how sony is not showing venom when its a teaser.

I did give a valid reason. The trailer could be literally any action movie. There's nothing indicating the type of movie it is other than the logo. You can make a good trailer for a Venom movie without showing Venom. It's really easy. This trailer looked like it could be for anything. It's simply a bad trailer regardless of "muh no venom". I don't think it dictates the final product obviously, but this Sony after all. They kinda fuck up everything if another studio isn't breathing down their neck.

how exactly is the black panther trailer obnoxious?

It's very in your face and loud about the type of movie it is. Take in comparison the 2017 film "Get Out", which was a POC movie with serious tones and comedic moments and the trailer for that film is fantastic and flawlessly builds up suspense and hype. The trailer for Black Panther is nothing but jump cuts and one liners and loud rap music (i do love kendrick lamar though) and very in your face. Of course I'm sure the movie will be good. MCU has a solid record with 6/10s to 9/10s so I bet money it'll be entertaining and fun, but the trailers are just mindless nothing.

Keep in mind though I'm very cynical and jaded so my opinion is coming from a bit of a biased and bitchy place so obviously I'm not gonna be all sunshine and rainbows about any film.

Also I mean hell I could see you saying that about deadpool 2 which looks like its going to look more or less the same like the first deadpool with more action with constant jokes

Yes but the difference is I know for a a fact Deadpool 2 is going to be great because the director and writer are talented, Ryan Reynolds had a huge part in making the movie and it's doing anything but taking itself seriously. Of course it's complete character assassination to the dark character that Wade is in the comics but it'll be a really fun movie.

albeit more forced diversity

How? Because of Domino? How is one black character "forced" diversity? Blind Al is black and nobody complained about her.

black panther at least looks like its bringing something more serious for a change

yes because a jokey joke movie with kendrick lamar music is far more serious than the struggles of growing up and being a kid in a world of demi-gods like in spider-man homecoming or an entire government being thrown over to slaughter countless innocent people like winter soldier or god knows how many fucked up subjects the netflix shows tackle. black panther is indeed being "more serious" for a "change".

Dude like I honestly don't wanna shit on your parade or anyone else's. I really honest to goodness hope you and everyone else who see the movies mentioned have a good time and enjoy it a bunch. It unironically makes me happy when people are satisfied with something they were excited for. I'm just sharing my perspective you feel. Not trying to make everyone else agree with me, because I have shitty garbage opinions that can be seen as less than agreeable. I just wanna speak my mind.

I agreed with mostly everything else you said however don't really care for jessica jones but how exactly is the black panther trailer obnox

• Well thank you for explaining yourself friend I have a much better understanding of you so that's good And I can understand your points, with the forced diversity comment I Actually did have a problem that blind al was black but then again I just wish the movies would portray the characters race better. not to say that deadpool 2 is gonna be a bad movie because of it just really dint make sense how they had domino have a afro something she has never had in the comics .Or any other portrayal of her character that's why I think there is a bit of forced diversity.Also with me saying black panther seems serious for a change Im not saying that alo't of the previous stuff marvel has been puting out doesn't have serious undertones. But it is a bit weird you mention spider man homecoming which was pretty much like thor ragnarok both these movies have a lot of comedy in them.When you watch the trailers you can pretty much tell there is going to be a measure of comedy in it however with black panther despite the fact that your talking about the rap music I still don't think it takes away from the serious theme its trying to present.

And why are people hating so much on the venom movie that isn't even out yet and I actually want valid reasons instead of people complaining

• That's such a good sneak peak that's saying alot causr I don't really care for the GOTG movies

Guardians of the Galaxy 2 Sneak Peek

• Guardians of the galaxy is pretty much the best thing about marvel now also I feel like the team of the guardians of the galaxy have more chemesity than the avengers and feel more like a family.

• Honestly, I wasn't really too big of a fan of the second movie as I feel that overdid the jokes after seeing how people responded to the first movie. I really liked the subtle and smart humor of the first movie, but the second movie just hammed it up a lot in areas, and they also really needed to learn the "show, don't tell" mindset.

Guardians of the galaxy is pretty much the best thing about marvel now also I feel like the team of the guardians of the galaxy have more chemesity than the avengers and feel more like a family.

• Yeah but I mean guardians of the galaxy 2 Had really emotional moments as well yondu's death really had me crying something no marvel movie has done in a long time with the exception being the sam rani spiderman films.

Honestly, I wasn't really too big of a fan of the second movie as I feel that overdid the jokes after seeing how people responded to the fir

• Last night I watched Doctor Strange I really enjoyed it although it didn't feel that much like a Marvel movie also as much as I liked it I have one word what? This movie had so much going on buildings twisting andturning going to England,China, and New York in the matter of 5 seconds it was good werid funny and felt short.

• "...but this... this does put a smile on my face"

INFINITY WAR IS COMING A WEEK EARLY, BOYOS! WORLDWIDE RELEASE!! https://twitter.com/MarvelStudios/status/969301303682727937 https

• I'm freaking excited

"...but this... this does put a smile on my face"

• Yes!

INFINITY WAR IS COMING A WEEK EARLY, BOYOS! WORLDWIDE RELEASE!! https://twitter.com/MarvelStudios/status/969301303682727937 https

• Six new movies were added to the MCU's movie slate from 2020 to 2022!

• I heard somewhere that Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 3 is going to be released in 2020.

lupinb0y posted: »

Six new movies were added to the MCU's movie slate from 2020 to 2022!

• "because to hell with taking as much time as possible to make these movies quality and wonderful, let's churn these puppies out 3 times a year!" ~ some disney exec dickhead

i love superhero movies, spider-man 2 is one of my favorite films of all time, and when a movie is big and dumb and cheesy i fall in love. but i'm really feeling the superhero fatigue now, especially considering more often then not these films range from average to awful. the few that push that threshold into greatness are drowned out by the rest. it's really frustrating tbh. that's just my take though, pay no attention to this debbie downer.

lupinb0y posted: »

Six new movies were added to the MCU's movie slate from 2020 to 2022!

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited March 2018

Just got back from seeing Black Panther. I found it overall to be enjoyable, but I'm not a fan of the forced humor in the latest MCU movies. The action scenes were really great and made up for it, though.

• edited March 2018

I saw Black Panther just recently. Great movie, it's up there in the list, but I don't really have a definitive order; It was enjoyable, to say the least.
    It's also a much different Marvel movie than expected. Culture, ritualism, and lineage throughout. Every character seemed like they had a rightful place in the world, and were pretty well developed.
    I will say this is the first Marvel movie that I was pretty annoyed at the humour. There wasn't as much as many of the other films, but there was still some left here. Could have been left without, as it really broke my immersion during many Wakandan vista scenes. Seeing all these elements of the world, piecing it all together in my head, was great, but to have it all undercut by a joke was kind of lame. (I'm busy being amazed at your tribe's village, sir! I don't have time to laugh!)

ex.: Black Panther: "I never freeze."
    [2 mins later he freezes by one guy with a gun after defeating all other men of the troop.]

or, "One more word out of you, and I'll feed you to my children... hehehe... No I won't, they're vegetarians! HAHAHAHA"
    (Really?! Vegetarians?! In this weather? In this locale? I highly doubt it. [Mountain Tribe])

Killmonger was a great villain though. Empathetic; you could completely understand why he's doing what he's doing, and a pretty smart guy at that. He might even be No 1. in the MCU for me. Vulture's been knocked down a peg, that's for sure.
    I'll also give a quick round of applause to Ryan Coogler (writer/director). Predominantly Black cast, great soundtrack, incredible visuals. He put together a great team for a great movie.

Really great superhero movie, and I loved how it embraced the culture of the comic and of the region itself. A nice breath of fresh air for superhero movies.

Now I'm sad because no other movie is going to capture the essence of this standalone entry. Not if they don't know exactly what they're talking about. (Looking at you, Wonder Woman-to-Justice-League-conversion.)

This whole MCU thing is starting to get exhausting, memory-wise. Where is Bucky in the end-credits scene, and why is he there? I'll also have to rewatch Civil War, given that I forgot T'Challa inherited the Black Panther mantle from his father. (also because I just want more Black Panther and Chadwick Boseman.)

Sign in to comment in this discussion.