Marvel Cinematic Universe Discussion Thread

Comments

• At the end of Civil War, Bucky is taken in by Wakanda and put under cryostasis until he is cured of his brain washing by Hydra. It's implied by the end credits that Shuri did manage to cure him and is helping him recuperate.

AChicken posted: »

I saw Black Panther just recently. Great movie, it's up there in the list, but I don't really have a definitive order; It was enjoyable, to

• Thank you my guy.

lupinb0y posted: »

(Spoiler)

• I think so too although I hope they make a whole 360 with the series for the finale

AronDracula posted: »

I heard somewhere that Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 3 is going to be released in 2020.

• Now that I look it probably gonna be 2020 July 31

Sbs1280 posted: »

I think so too although I hope they make a whole 360 with the series for the finale

• I'm taking a guess
    2020: May 1 Black Widow: Sep 31 Guardians of the galaxy vol 3: Nov 6 Doctor Strange 2?
    2021: May 7 A super hero solo film like Adam Strange or Hawkeye: July 30 Ant Man sequel? Maybe (Paul Rudd may be getting too old for a Avenger) November 5 Thor 4... They'll probably not call it Thor 4 but you know what I mean
    2021: Feb 18 Black Panther sequel: May 6 another solo film. July 29 Spider man 3

lupinb0y posted: »

Six new movies were added to the MCU's movie slate from 2020 to 2022!

• I just realized we're going to be seeing Groot as a freakin' teenager in Infinity War.

Holy shit. HYPE!!

• I just realized we're going to be seeing Groot as a freakin' teenager in Infinity War.

Holy shit. HYPE!!

• Did it really take you so long? How many times did you watch the official trailer?

Acheive250 posted: »

I just realized we're going to be seeing Groot as a freakin' teenager in Infinity War. Holy shit. HYPE!!

• I've only seen the first trailer they released that had the Guardians at the very end. Is there one that shows Teenage Groot?

Did it really take you so long? How many times did you watch the official trailer?

• You didn't see him in the background when it showed the Guardians in the first trailer?

Acheive250 posted: »

I've only seen the first trailer they released that had the Guardians at the very end. Is there one that shows Teenage Groot?

• N-No... I’m slow to these things, okay?

You didn't see him in the background when it showed the Guardians in the first trailer?

1. Avengers
    2. Civil War
    3. Age of Ultron
    4. Thor
    5. Winter Soldier
    6. Thor The Dark World

rate the movies 1 Winter Solider 2 Civil War 3 Thor 4 Age of Ultron 6 Thor 2 the dark war 7 AVANGERS

• edited March 2018

Welp, I've really got to get caught up on the Netflix series now. Luke Cage is coming back, and I haven't even seen the first one!
    I'm feeling great Marvel-wise after the high of Black Panther, I enjoyed Luke in the JJ series, and I've heard the show is pretty good, so I better get cracking! (though I'm not much of a binger, especially for 1hr-type shows)
    oh. then, there's the seemingly dull slog of Iron Fist, followed by the great-to-pretty-good antics of the Defenders. oof there's a lot on my plate for this stuff.

• I love the Luke Cage show! I honestly put it on par with Daredevil Season 1 in quality, definitely give it a watch as soon as you can, it's got a great cast and a great villain.

Welp, I've really got to get caught up on the Netflix series now. Luke Cage is coming back, and I haven't even seen the first one! I'm feel

• The first half of Luke Cage is great, then it kinda falls apart. But still a lot of better than Iron Fist, hehe.

You can add Jessica Jones Season 2 to your list as well since it's releasing tomorrow. :P

Welp, I've really got to get caught up on the Netflix series now. Luke Cage is coming back, and I haven't even seen the first one! I'm feel

• Jessica Jones Season 2 ... releasing tomorrow

W H A T :astonished:

Pipas posted: »

The first half of Luke Cage is great, then it kinda falls apart. But still a lot of better than Iron Fist, hehe. You can add Jessica Jones Season 2 to your list as well since it's releasing tomorrow. :P

• Yeah, the release date was announced like a few weeks ago I think.

I haven't followed the majority of the MCU Netflix series too heavily but I did like Daredevil and JJ, so hopefully I can have the attention span to follow the second season :p

Jessica Jones Season 2 ... releasing tomorrow W H A T

• Thanks for the reminder!

The first half of Luke Cage is great, then it kinda falls apart. But still a lot of better than Iron Fist, hehe. You can add Jessica Jones Season 2 to your list as well since it's releasing tomorrow. :P

• rewatching jessica jones before season 2 releases at 2 am tonight yeah AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

• Infinity War Trailer 2 is dropping tomorrow! I'm hyped to see what comes next.

Also, there have been set reports with news about a few scenes from the movie.

• It has arrived! B) B) <3

• edited March 2018

I definitely like the second trailer a lot better. Not to say that the first one wasn't good, I just feel a lot more hype from this new one.

• And still no Hawkeye. RIP my guy.

• Needs more Korg.

• And no Ant-man

And still no Hawkeye. RIP my guy.

• edited March 2018

CAP NOOOOOOOO!!!

I loved the first trailer but this is actually even better :D

It has arrived!

• mostlypoptartsmostlypoptarts ModeratorFormer Telltale Staff

Still so nervous for Infinity War... such a huge lineup, there are so many ways it can go wrong!

But that second trailer has me really hyped. Already got my ticket :joy:

• well I'm ten times more excited I can't freaking wait although what was the hold up on the second trailer

• After seeing Civil War, I have faith in the Russo Brothers to handle the large cast, so I'm honestly not too worried.

Still so nervous for Infinity War... such a huge lineup, there are so many ways it can go wrong! But that second trailer has me really hyped. Already got my ticket

• mostlypoptartsmostlypoptarts ModeratorFormer Telltale Staff

Idk Blind, ten people battling on airport tarmac is one thing... your full A-list roster fighting for humanity is a whole different ballgame. It'll be interesting to see how they handle it.

(And know that the Russo bros directed my very favorite MCU film, Winter Soldier, so this is no slight to their talent. Just talking about the inherent obstacles of ensemble films)

After seeing Civil War, I have faith in the Russo Brothers to handle the large cast, so I'm honestly not too worried.

• edited March 2018

Awesome poster time!

So.. Are Hawkeye and Ant-Man not in this movie at all? I thought there was supposed to be around 30 big Marvel power players in this movie, and I only count 19 in the upper credits.
    (Maybe they [Marvel] mean the Infinity Two-parter as a whole?)
    Edit: Or not. I count 5 other people on poster not mentioned in the cast above. Bradley Cooper as Rocket Raccoon, Vin Diesel as Groot, Karen Gillen as Nebula, Pom Klementieff as Mantis, Benedict Wong as Wong, and I think Loki is in this so let's add Tom Hiddleston.
    That brings us up to 25. Ok then. We might have over 30 after all.

true edit: Holy moly! Bigger poster than I thought.

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited March 2018

So.. Are Hawkeye and Ant-Man not in this movie at all? I thought there was supposed to be around 30 big Marvel power players in this movie, and I only count 19 in the upper credits.

Rumor has it that Hawkeye, Ant-Man, Wasp, and Captain Marvel are being saved for the fourth movie. I dunno what Hawkeye's deal is, but Ant-Man and Captain Marvel probably are because they have movies in-between Avengers 3 and 4.

Awesome poster time! So.. Are Hawkeye and Ant-Man not in this movie at all? I thought there was supposed to be around 30 big Marvel p

• Well, you never know. He might actually be in every shot of the trailer and we can't just see him. :P

And no Ant-man

• Okay so as somebody who is very iffy and critical on the MCU (emphasis on very) and hasn't seen Guardians 2, Thor 3 or Black Panther and also thinks all 3 of them look boring, which one should I start with and which one should I finish with? I kinda need context before seeing IW.

• Well personally I feel Guardians of the galaxy 2 is really underrated, it is actually really good and shows amazing character development and relationships between the characters but doesn't really add much to the plot of infinity war but still one of my favorite marvel movies. :) Thor ragnarok is massively overrated in my opinion not to say i din't enjoy it to a extent but its more of a joke movie that's mainly just about comedy, not much else really also I feel like they made thor look like a pansy. But it does tie up thor's story during civil war, which also leads into infinity war if that helps and also what happens to asgard.Now on to Black panther for all the praise the movie has gotten its alright in my opinion I liked it and killmonger was a interesting villian but wouldn't go as far as to say it was the best marvel movie to date. It pretty much ties t'challa's story after the events of civil war. So essentially Id watch it in this order

• Guardians of the galaxy 2
    • Black panther
    • Thor ragnarok

Okay so as somebody who is very iffy and critical on the MCU (emphasis on very) and hasn't seen Guardians 2, Thor 3 or Black Panther and als

• thanks dude, super appreciated. <3

Well personally I feel Guardians of the galaxy 2 is really underrated, it is actually really good and shows amazing character developmen

• No thank you i really want to hear your reviews for them when your finished watching them. ;)

thanks dude, super appreciated.

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited March 2018

If you aren't wanting to watch the movies, I would say that really only Black Panther would be "required" viewing. You may be a little confused on particular plot points for Thor Ragnorak (such as how he and Hulk wind up where they do at the start of Infinity War or how Thor lost his eye), but I don't think that Ragnorak or Guardians 2 are really all too "essential" for Infinity War.

Likewise, the three movies you mention don't rely on a specific "order", so you wouldn't be SOL if you only wanted to watch one or two movies before changing your mind on whether or not to watch others.

Okay so as somebody who is very iffy and critical on the MCU (emphasis on very) and hasn't seen Guardians 2, Thor 3 or Black Panther and als

• https://www.fandango.com/movie-news/exclusive-interview-avengers-infinity-war-co-director-joe-russo-on-the-avengers-the-guardians-and-the-return-of-black-panther-753060

Fandango: The airport scene in Captain America: Civil War served as the splash page moment for that film. What was your splash page moment for Avengers: Infinity War?

Joe Russo: You know, it's crazy, but the level of ambition in the airport sequence almost killed my brother and I. It was a really intense sequence. It took us literally a year to execute from start to finish, from the time we rolled cameras on it til the time we locked picture on it. It was a lot of work and it kept evolving as it went. This movie has three or four airport sequences. We really wanted to feel the concept of Infinity War so I think I don't want to point out anyone specifically so I don't spoil it for anyone, but there are some huge sequences in this movie.

:o :o :o

• I had a huge smile on my face when I saw Spidey front and centre, I was chuckling a little bit since Tony was doing the same pose as Thor was on his Ragnarok poster though.

It is a fantastic poster though, I'm really pumped for this.

Awesome poster time! So.. Are Hawkeye and Ant-Man not in this movie at all? I thought there was supposed to be around 30 big Marvel p

Sign in to comment in this discussion.