How would you rank the AC series?

edited August 2017 in General Chat

Its been going downhill since the Ezio Trilogy for me. I think that was the best, then Black Flag was a great game as well.

Unity and Syndicate were honestly garbage. AC3 was ok

Tagged:

Comments

1. AC 3
    2. Black Flag
    3. AC I
    4. Revelations
    5. Freedom Cry
    6. Rogue
    7. Brotherhood
    8. AC 2
    9. Unity
    10. Syndicate
  • Black Flag is the only good game as far as I'm concerned. Though I've only played the first two besides that.

1. Assassin's Creed 2
    2. Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag
    3. Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
    4. Assassin's Creed 3
    5. Assassin's Creed Revelations
    6. Assassin's Creed 1
  • I've only played through 4 of them so I'll rank the ones I've played.

1. Rogue
    2. Black Flag
    3. AC3
    4. Unity

Rogue is my personal favorite, it took all the years and refining of the previous games before they scraped it for Unity's gameplay system. It also has an interesting storyline and makes the player question whether Templars or Assassins are in the right.

It's a shame I haven't gone into Ezio's story, but there's too many "better" games than aging Assassin's Creeds I'd rather be playing.

1. Assassin's Creed 2
    2. Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
    3. Assassin's Creed Syndicate (gets flack but I really enjoyed it)
    4. Assassin's Creed 4
    5. Assassin's Creed Rogue
    6. Assassin's Creed Revelations
    7. Assassin's Creed Unity
    8. Assassin's Creed 3
    9. Assassin's Creed 1
  • I haven’t played all of them but I’ll list the ones I’ve played

1. AC 3
    2. AC black flag
    3. AC syndicate
    4. AC unity (actually I didn’t even finish this one)

I might be forgetting a couple but with each new installment I’m getting less and less interested to the point that I probably won’t even buy origins.

• Ezio has the best storyline in the games in my opinion, but going back to them now wouldn't really be advised. They certainly haven't aged very well. The story is still great but the AC games mechanics have been refined and vastly improved to the point now where playing those games is a chore.

FlareBattle posted: »

I've only played through 4 of them so I'll rank the ones I've played. * Rogue * Black Flag * AC3 * Unity Rogue is my personal fa

• Wait... Whaaaaaaaat?

* AC 3 * Black Flag * AC I * Revelations * Freedom Cry * Rogue * Brotherhood * AC 2 * Unity * Syndicate

• Nah. I thought the old games had way better mechanics, after replaying them in the Ezio Collection.

Definitely recommended.

Marsh_U posted: »

Ezio has the best storyline in the games in my opinion, but going back to them now wouldn't really be advised. They certainly haven't aged v

• Nah. I thought the old games had way better mechanics, after replaying them in the Ezio Collection.

Definitely recommended.

Ezio has the best storyline in the games in my opinion, but going back to them now wouldn't really be advised. They certainly haven't aged v

• 1.AC 2
    2. AC 4: Black Flag
    3. AC3
    4. AC Brotherhood
    5. AC Unity
    6. AC Rogue
    7. AC Revelations
    8. AC1

Haven't played syndicate yet

1. Assassin's Creed Syndicate - I don't see the hate for this game. The story is okay enough, the graphics, animation and basically everything was a major improvement from previous games. Only the lackluster story needs work. If Ubi keeps this up, they'd be pulling "another AC2".

2. Assassin's Creed Brotherhood - Decent story, improved graphics and rome is a pretty nice city. Overall, I thought this had the 2nd best combat in the series, with Syndicate topping it. The best moment was modern day scenes in this one.

3. Assassin's Creed 2 - Insieme per la vittoria! The story is good marred by robert's voice acting. It wasn't bad, but not as good as he did in future games. The game got repetitive by sequence 8. Sequences became really short too. The driving point was the story.

4. Assassin's Creed Revelations.

5. Assassin's Creed 3

6. Assassin's Creed Rogue

7. Assassin's Creed Unity - It was too dark for my taste.

8. Assassin's Creed IV - Did we spend our money on a ac game here?

9. Assassin's Creed 1 - Terrible cutscenes (see for yourself), middle eastern dudes had american accent, repetitive gameplay. Why would anyone play this? It doesnt add to the MD much as well.

1. Garbage
    2. More Garbage
    3. Utter Garbage
    4. Bullshit
    5. Gave me aids
    6. Great if played while huffing butane
    7. Try hard
    8. Dead puppy
    9. Soundly beaten horse
    1. Brotherhood
    2. II
    3. Black Flag
    4. Revelations
    5. Rogue
    6. 1
    7. Unity
    8. III

Moved on from the series after Unity. I never finished Syndicate so I haven't ranked it here.

• I think that Rogue was a pretty good and had by far the best story line but the only flaw was that it was incredibly short

• Dude, the first assassins creed sucked ass, I would know, it was the first one I completed. There was barely anything to do and the gameplay was barebones compared to everything that came after (not the game's fault, it was the first one in the series). Also how the hell can someone rate AC I above AC II, AC II is literally the same game but improved in every single department.

* AC 3 * Black Flag * AC I * Revelations * Freedom Cry * Rogue * Brotherhood * AC 2 * Unity * Syndicate

• Not really, they still hold up pretty well. In a couple of years they might not anymore but right now I still had fun with them.

• Try hard

sums up the comment

* Garbage * More Garbage * Utter Garbage * Bullshit * Gave me aids * Great if played while huffing butane * Try hard * Dead puppy * Soundly beaten horse

• Out of the ones I've played:
    1. AC IV
    2. AC II
    3. Revelations
    4. Brotherhood
    5. Rogue (it would make sense to put this in the same spot as AC IV since the games are pretty much identical gameplay wise but the whole "this is the point of view of templars but not really" thing was pretty stupid storywise)
    6. AC III
    7. AC

• I've played every game and there was something I liked about each one (yes, even Unity). So, yeah 2 and Black Flag are really up there compared to the rest but I wouldn't call the other games bad, I still liked Rogue, Syndicate was kind of funny and you know, it's Assassin's Creed, it's always beautiful and has it's style which makes it stand out from other game series.
    But you know what sucked? The freaking stupid 2d chronicles crap. Unforgivable. If Ubisoft actually considers them THE games that will represent India, China and Russia, they better think about that decision twice. Way to ruin amazing countries with rich histories in the world of AC.

• AC I has one of the best stories in the series, fantastic music and cities, the characters are complex and not-obnoxious (looking at you Ezio) and the gameplay is the only one in the series that makes you feel like an assassin. Every mission tells you something about the Templars or how the war affects the common people. AC 2 may have more cinematic cutscenes and more side activities but it doesn't give me any reason to care. The story is bland, predictable and filled with characters you've seen a hundred times before (altough Leonardo and Paola are awesome, the only characters with some depth). The only thing that AC 2 has over 1, for me, is Shaun Hastings. I love this british prick.

Dude, the first assassins creed sucked ass, I would know, it was the first one I completed. There was barely anything to do and the gameplay

• edited August 2017

Assassins Creed 1 is the best, why? Assassins Creed they actually had a base from the start - And Altair is the best. Oh - and the climbing was realistic... wtf is the climbing system in Unity and Syndicate, it's unnatural. Super jump out of this world

While I love AC2 and Brotherhood because of Ezio and gameplay, AC1 was constantly played, undoubtedly my favourite.
    AC Unity is the worst by a country mile.

• I agree that AC I has one of the better stories in the series but that doesn't matter since the game is boring as all hell. It makes you "feel" like an assassin but that doesn't mean it's fun.

AC I has one of the best stories in the series, fantastic music and cities, the characters are complex and not-obnoxious (looking at you Ezi

• Well, fun is an extremely subjective term. For me sneaking around Jerusalem, eavesdroprin on conversations and stealing letters was fun. Doing pointless side activities where I fight people or kill people or race with people just to gain more florens was boring and not very fun. But I'm not really a fan of open-worlds in the first place, which is why one of my favourite open-worlds is Mafia II which was criticised for not having much to do outiside of the main missions but I loved of it for it's focus on the story.

I agree that AC I has one of the better stories in the series but that doesn't matter since the game is boring as all hell. It makes you "feel" like an assassin but that doesn't mean it's fun.

1. AC 2
    2. AC Unity
    3. AC 3
    4. Black Flag
    5. AC Revelations
    6. AC Brotherhood
    7. AC Syndicate
    8. AC 1
  • Personally I found the side stuff in AC II pretty fun to do, though as the game went on it did get repetitive and eventually I avoided them entirely. Also I agree that Mafia II is an amazing open world game, the focus on story was much appreciated.

Well, fun is an extremely subjective term. For me sneaking around Jerusalem, eavesdroprin on conversations and stealing letters was fun. Doi

• Dude, realism in video games is making them unenjoyable. I almost stopped playing AC 1 for how slow it was.

Megumin posted: »

Assassins Creed 1 is the best, why? Assassins Creed they actually had a base from the start - And Altair is the best. Oh - and the climbing

• No offence, but the climbing was insanely slow. I could make a sandwich and altair wouldn't have climbed up to the building yet.

Megumin posted: »

Assassins Creed 1 is the best, why? Assassins Creed they actually had a base from the start - And Altair is the best. Oh - and the climbing

• AC2 was the best one in the series by far

• The first, third and fourth ones were the only ones I liked. The first one was the best, I loved how it didn't force the combat most of the times. Man, I remember killing "bosses" throwing knives at them and inmediately hiding in a haystack! It's how it would be if the game was realistic! Why would some guy just go around throwing bombs and attract a lot of attention when throwing a knife and ending the whole mission in two seconds was easier? I love the enviroment and the story in general. I fucking love that bastard Malik so much.

The thrid one... eh, it's all America This, America That and I fucking hate it. I mean, you learn american history since you're five (or maybe it was me because my mother is a great history teacher and won't stop pausing the movies to explain the historical context behind everything but whatever), seting the game in other cultures teaches you a lot. But america? Really? and it's even the worst kind of America, the United States. I would kill to see the history of Canada or the independence wars Latin America. The characters were great, though, the whole native american thing was awsome, i loved the enviroment and the mechanics. I just hated that it was america.

The fouth one was pretty good, too. Pirates and Latin America? count me in! I felt so fucking powerful when some dude starts talking spaish and everyone is like "what" and I'm like "lol" but the story itself felt... eh. And ships, oh fuck the ships, the whole game was ships. It was awful. I didn't even represent historic things like the Holy War or the Independence War it was just... ships. More ships than the Life is Strange fandom.

• 1.- AC 3
    2.- AC 4
    3.- AC 2
    4.- AC Revelations
    5.- AC Brotherhood
    6.- AC 1
    7.- AC Rogue
    8.- AC Syndicate
    9.- AC Unity

• best story line

Ooh God no Rogue had a bad story

I think that Rogue was a pretty good and had by far the best story line but the only flaw was that it was incredibly short

• Unity as your second favourite? That's your opinion, of course but what made you enjoy Unity more the others below?

* AC 2 * AC Unity * AC 3 * Black Flag * AC Revelations * AC Brotherhood * AC Syndicate * AC 1

1. AC II
    2. AC: Brotherhood
    3. AC: Revelations
    4. AC IV: Black Flag
    5. AC
    6. AC III

I played most of them out of order, in fact, I didn't complete AC II until 2015. I didn't finish 3, so maybe I shouldn't have listed it. I do remember that 3 was the one that put me off the series though, so I think that says enough. I'll wait to see how Origins turns out, but I think I'm probably done with AC (unless I go back and play the older, better games).

• assassin's creed 4 - 7/10
    all others 3/10

• Rogue had a cool concept but it ended up just sticking to the same old formula. Whenever I think of Rogue, I always think of that part where that assassin decides to fill a huge warehouse with poisonous gas instead of just stabbing you whilst you're on the floor. She was basically asking to be killed 5 minutes later.

joshua007 posted: »

best story line Ooh God no Rogue had a bad story

• It's a pretty mediocre series to be honest, but from the ones I played I'd rank them like this:

1. AC 3 - love the revolutionary war setting and some of the characters.
    2. AC 2 - great game that could honestly stand on its own.
    3. AC Brotherhood - an okay game
    4. AC Revelations - meh
    5. AC Syndicate - story had so much wasted potential it hurts
    6. AC Rogue - yet again so much wasted potential
    7. AC 1 - pretty boring game
    8. AC Unity - Oh god please no

I don't really plan on getting AC Origins at the moment.

• What? Rogues story was great not the best imo but it was great

joshua007 posted: »

best story line Ooh God no Rogue had a bad story

1. AC II
    2. AC Brotherhood
    3. AC III
    4. AC Syndicate
    5. AC Blackflag
    6. AC Unity
    7. AC Revelations

Blackflag is overrated imo don't get why it gets so much love. Maybe I just didn't enjoy the Pirate setting Idk. Assassin Creed II and brotherhood are easily my favorites but most of these are just mediocre at best.

• Rogues story was bad from the start

In the beginning we see an eagle flying and I'm like ''Aren't we reliving memory's from the ancestor what is this?''
    Shay starts talking about how he turned on the brotherhood and I'm like ''Wait is Shay now retelling his old memory's wait how is that possible wouldn't that trigger something like in Brotherhood when Ezio saw the final battle he started thinking about the beginning of the game''
    But that is mostly all I can say about the beginning of the story what's wrong with it beside Shay was able to kill good people before the betrayel and wouldn't that mean ''desynchronization''? The story becomes really bad when Shay discovers the Temple.

Oké let's get started. So Shay goes to the church where the Temple is I guess they church was build with the Temple in mind -_-
    Than Shay goes down there and what? So this cube was always there and never fall on the ground, what is it's purpose of that thing why build it like that what if somebody shot a cannon ball in the earth then the shock would put it of the ground and stop this story from happening, why such a terrible security? There are so many things wrong with this! for suck a smart civilization it makes no sense.
    We travel back to Achilles and Shay storms out of emotion I guess he really hit his freaking head when the earthquake started has he? Shay is send back out there to cool down and instead of talking to anyone like Hope, Liam in a normall way to explain everything or at least wait untill tomorrow he just starts breaking in and is like ''this is the good thing''
    Wait untill the next day Shay or whatever, I have seen people defending this because ''probably or this'' but the problem is they never gave enough explaination here and Shay acted to fast OMG how long can I keep going with this bullshit.
    After Shay gets out of Achilles house ugh um... ASSASSIN'S STOP SHAY STOP HIM!
    Where did it stated that Achilles screamed ''ASSASSIN'S DESTROY THE HOMESTEAD AROUND ME TO KILL ONE ASSASSIN WHO HAS A BOX I WANT BACK WITHOUT A SCRATCH''
    Did Chevalier hear him from all the way across the bay and instantly give orders to start firing the mortars? And did he just teleport to the cliff where Shay was cornered?
    I had to rewatch it on Youtube because my brain had progression loading errors like IGN's rating system!

Guy: ''Has Chevalier gone mad, he'll destroy the manor''
    Me: You be good at Gaming Sins and btw did they ever mention again later in the game?

Liam told me not to shoot on a vessel because the Box was on it but I guess the canons don't care DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING!?
    Shay starts running but Liam cuts him of with a explosion and I never see him in gameplay and Hope screams ''you won't hinder our plans'' So wait... Somebody told you a good reason to let unleash canons, blow things up to get Shay and what plans? did Achilles told her about the box when this all happened or is she just making things up from what she experienced a few hours ago in the mansion?
    Well oké we get to the part Shay get's shot and survived the cold water at the same time (he should be dead by now)
    Than we get out of the Animus RipModernDay2007-2012
    We get to see datapads with the most forced I'M CANON easter eggs I have witnessed in my gaming life!
    Lucy, Vidic, Daniel, Desmond, William, Shaun, Rebecca, Gavin. Which btw I had to explain to my friends who the hell is Gavin Banks because there is hardly information in the game itself and this is a major complained I have over this series is that if you are not invested like I am in the lore you wouldn't even know.
    PUT THE DAMN ANSWERS IN YOUR GODDAMN GAME UBISOFT! NO WONDER PEOPLE START CARRYING LESS ABOUT THE MAIN PLOT IF YOU DON'T PUT IT IN THE GAME!
    ................................................ Oké I'm calm:)

Why are we talking about Giovanni Borgia? I thought we talked about him in Project Legacy anyway, I guess somebody just regret putting it not in the main game or just wanted to fill in the white pages on their computer while they get paid for being creative while failling to do so.
    Than I got shocked when they mentioned Arno Dorian because I hate him and is just there to make a connection to Unity like the ending of Unity which is more of contradiction.

Shay comes into a house and meets some really friendly people which get beat up by thugs who work for the Assassin's... So the thiefs beat now up old people eh what oke in the defense of this they can't control every thief but why the flags? No I mean why the Assassin flags Achilles said in AC3 to Connor to not scream a conspiracy of the rooves but these ''Assassin's'' put their symbole everywhere to warn the Templars they are here and wouldn't these symbols cause more panic? I wouldn't know.

BTW Violet Da Costa is acting like a idiot like this is her first time ever to see a Animus ''HE MUST BE ALIVE'' Reactions or whatever but the the most stupidest part is that Otso Berg thinks to know what happens next... Than why not Da Costa?

So I just saved Christopher Gist BTW I talked to this guy for a few minutes and yeah his character is so paper thin that I have to look him up just to know his name! just there to mate with Shay- I mean to be the first mate of Captain Cormac the glorious village idiot. I'm almost convinced that he is even a BIGGER idiot than Arno Victor Dorian at this point. So Shay kills literaly every Assassin who probably had nothing to do with Achilles anyway, worst part is that these ''Assassin's'' are for no reason attacking innocent people on the streets and even when they don't do anything isn't there on thought that goes through Shays brain that says ''ooh maybe I did something wrong?''

LATER...

Monro said that the Assassin's are gonna use poisen gas (I'm really tired right now so I might make a mistake or forgot something).
    Shay just buys this without prove and starts blowing up the poisen gas around civillians (Shay means retard in Logic because this is the exact reason why he left the Assassin's to join another group that doesn't mind killing people to).
    And prays Hope isn't one of these people that wants to poisen civillians. Than Shay meets literally the freaking Templars and did he even know? I regonise them from Washingtons buka- I mean party a normall party nothing sexuel but I don't mind if get's sexuel ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

"Shay, the Templars are evil!"
    "From my point of view the Assassins are evil!"
    "Well then you ARE lost!"
    They also kill this Assassin in a fort named Le Chasseur.
    Now the biggest thing ever happens
    August 1757 Shay get's a package from Monro WAIT WHO PLACED IT THERE?! Wait I just now realised all the Templar flags around him and WHAT he already has a Templar symbole on his- wait he just realised they are Templars!
    Whatever moving on whatever you can come up with to defend this... Monro just tells him that he is a Templar ''You continue to prove your loyalty to the Templars'' So if Shay knew this why the package? shouldn't he ask ''wait did you lie to me about the civillians?''
    When Shay escorted Monro to his ship Kesegowaase attacks him and NOBODY BESIDES SHAY DECIDES TO SHOOT!
    than we get some filler about a village which was oké I guess.
    In the next few missions Monro dies in a burning house?
    Now Shay goes to a house and wtf I feel such a urge to scream Lee... Because Lee was there lol and now I'm part of the Templar Order... One. Of. The most overrated characters. I have played. In my fucking life! now I get out of the Animus and forgot to say to you I found symbols of the followers of the first Will the followers of Juno.
    Melanie makes Watch Dogs easter eggs.

So I'm back from Rouge and killed Adewale my brain has died along time ago... But just something pissed me off I can't put my finger on it and I miss the dude now he was one of my favorites... But why was he in this story? he could've been anybody else and it wouldn't change a damn thing it is fan service.
    I did feel bad for killing Hope I really liked her and her background I would lie if I said I disliked all the characters.

How did the hole Shay virus start. the MD character opens a random file and a virus happens?

And after playing the end part of the story.............. What the logical hell was this all for Jesus no not Desmond I mean Jesus what the hell. What was the point of this shit just so Otso Berg could troll the Assassin's just what!? The hole virus with Shay's memories made no sense in the end, Otso wanted the memories uploaded to the Assassin network but nothing else. Liam didn't shoot Shay but Chevalier did but Hope said that ''Give back the Manus script Shay I'm sure Achilles'' WAIT WHEN DID YOU KNEW!? Chevalier is kindsa a idiot to shoot him but also probably thought ''maybe he will fall down on the ground I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO THINK!
    Haytham could've shot Achilles when the temple was going down (the boxes were introduced in 2011 but it shouldn't take this long to explain) but who knows what happened when he run after Achilles.
    Than they decide to let Achilles life (I would warn every damn Assassin in the world if I were him I DON'T GIVE A FLYING FUCK! HOW DOES THIS WORK CANON SPEAKING?)
    This story didn't need to exist, this story was a clusterfuck, fanfic writing, stupid ending and maybe I missed a few things but I can't give a damn.

Twdsaviours posted: »

What? Rogues story was great not the best imo but it was great

Sign in to comment in this discussion.