Composite Characters

Comments

• Yup, I read that. You're not impressed, huh? :joy: Though I expected him to be a firefighter or a policeman. But if you look at his memorial photo it makes sense. We don't know how he found the airstrip, but oh well.

I mean, it's something and I just assumed he was in some faction of the army as well. But it really doesn't tell me anything about him.

I am satisfied with Conrad's backstory. Poor him. :(
    He also mentioned that he had a child, which I honestly thought it would turn out to be Ava.

Yeah, his was really fitting.
    Same. Especially since I was under the impression that she was in her late teens for a while. They were seemingly adding evidence for it too, but a background line in Above the Law, her memorial pic, and the AMA seemingly confirms that's not the case.

For example we know how Ben changed: he was supposed to be more traumatized than he is in the final version, he was going to be the only survivor of his first group(40 students), was forced to watch a girl from his class being raped to death.
    About the choice to leave him behind, we could do it only if we chose not to help Mr Parker.

Yeah, I remember that. The funny thing is it can still somewhat be implemented anyway.

In an interview Shelly Shenoy, Kate's voice actress, said that Kate was different from the one we know now. (Yup, she changed, too!!) Here is the interview if you want to take a look!

That explains a lot. I'll have to give it a listen when I get the chance.

I decided to pop my head in the AMA thread and saw that Ms Alyssa said that Badger also changed a lot in development. (You read that right!!).

Huh. I do remember a few unused lines that hinted towards that.

She also suggested that he is a priveleged bully, meaning he wasn't decent even before the apocalypse. -_-

Sounds like Carver. :lol:

Make it happen, Telltale!!! :love: They will probably include the stuff from the game files(the spoilers)!

Here's hoping.

Not true. People find excuses since the game was not about Clementine. The only unlikeable one is Badger. Nuff said.

Agreed.

Not true, either. Alvin, for example, is a character who I really liked and wanted to see more of. I admit that Nick was a dick in the beginning and Rebecca was kind of a bitch, but they were right to be cautious of Clementine.

Definitely. Though honestly, I think a part of that is just centered around how they reacted to the bite.

enter image description here

:blush:

Fangirl101 posted: »

Yeah--he's a dock worker. ... K. Yup, I read that. You're not impressed, huh? Though I expected him to be a firefighter or a

• Leaving with Eleanor in Episode 1 should have been non-determinant/canon. If the writers planned on having Tripp to be the Prescott member who gets the most non-determinant screentime, why not give Eleanor some, too?
    Also leaving with her makes more sense. If something happens we, as Javier, would be able to protect her. Though she is able to take care of herself.

• edited July 2017

Same. Especially since I was under the impression that she was in her late teens for a while. They were seemingly adding evidence for it too, but a background line in Above the Law, her memorial pic, and the AMA seemingly confirms that's not the case.

I thought that Ava was at least 19/20 years old as well. Ms Alyssa said that her father was very strict while Conrad is easy-going, so yeah - another reason the theory is false! :joy:

Yeah, I remember that. The funny thing is it can still somewhat be implemented anyway.

Oh yes. I replayed Long Road Ahead yesterday (the feels are real, don't even ask :D) and he did say that all of his classmates died and this implies he was watching them die. Poor Ben, people need to take it easy on him.
    He could use a rifle, too. You can see him shooting walkers in the preview for Starved For Help. Why would they scrap this though? It would have made him look cool and people would stop complaining. :D

That explains a lot. I'll have to give it a listen when I get the chance.

Oh, it's not an audio! It's an article. :)

Huh. I do remember a few unused lines that hinted towards that.

The campfire ones?

:blush:

I am just really happy that you're back! :3 Today is also the day you joined the forums. Happy First Year Anniversary!

I was upset when I saw that you were banned yesterday. What happened exactly?

DabigRG posted: »

Yup, I read that. You're not impressed, huh? Though I expected him to be a firefighter or a policeman. But if you look at his memorial phot

• I thought that Ava was at least 19/20 years old as well. Ms Alyssa said that her father was very strict while Conrad is easy-going, so yeah - another reason the theory is false! :joy:

That type of thing actually played a part in my theory: basically, Conrad used to be a pretty strict father to her, so she eventually ran away around the time the outbreak broke out, causing him to try and be a more easygoing man and suggest Javier give Gabe some space, "One parent to another."

Oh yes. I replayed Long Road Ahead yesterday (the feels are real, don't even ask :D) and he did say that all of his classmates died and this implies he was watching them die. Poor Ben, people need to take it easy on him.
    He could use a rifle, too. You can see him shooting walkers in the preview for Starved For Help. Why would they scrap this though? It would have made him look cool and people would stop complaining. :D

Yeah, poor guy.
    I guess it was to make the Mr. Parker scene more tense.

Oh, it's not an audio! It's an article. :)

Oh, well I guess I'll give it a read then!

The campfire ones?

Those and a few of the ones meant from the Prescott Destruction buildup, which implied that he and the New Frontier had dealt with Tripp/Prescott in the past and has him mention getting tired of the [Council's] rules.

I am just really happy that you're back! :3 Today is also the day you joined the forums. Happy First Year Anniversary!

Holy shit, is it?! Well that, Happy Anniversary to me indeed!

I was upset when I saw that you were banned yesterday. What happened exactly?

To make a short story longer: I was in a pretty bad mood about somethings when Vengeful posted a question that was not only loosely related to something I was upset about, but also seemed really lazy considering I'm pretty sure I saw what he was asking for not too long ago. So in a moment of poor judgment, I directly cussed him while telling him to find it himself, he retaliated a bit by spamming some similar things throughout my thread and by the time I thought it over and considered doing something about it, the mods had stepped in to reign things in.

I'm guessing he's not back yet because he's a repeat offender. Which I do feel pretty bad about since it really was my fault, so the first thing I did when I was unbanned was give him what he was asking about in the firstplace and then some.

Same. Especially since I was under the impression that she was in her late teens for a while. They were seemingly adding evidence for it too

• edited July 2017

I would have given Mariana s role to Hector althought i wouldnt have Mariana have hector s role but have Mariana live till episode 4 .
    what i mean by Mariana s role is just him getting killed by Badger instead of Mariana because let s be honest here there s no way Javier would not find out about the bite after 3 years in the apocalypse.
    and i think that Mariana should have gotten more fleshed out than just ´´Nice character who gets killed off in the 1st episode´´ plus this actually gives Hector something to do instead of ´´Lol 1 flashback bitten and you dont get to see how he dies lel.´´

• Pretty much. The option to choose is nice though, if ultimately pointless.

Leaving with Eleanor in Episode 1 should have been non-determinant/canon. If the writers planned on having Tripp to be the Prescott member w

• The funny thing is that they clearly imply that Javier noticed it in the van, but he likely didn't consider it being a death sentence given it was his first experience with a bite.

I'd recommend keeping Mariana as his daughter instead of changing her into Gabe's sisterDavid's daughter haphazardly late. Properly influence some development in her and all that.

UrbanRodrik posted: »

I would have given Mariana s role to Hector althought i wouldnt have Mariana have hector s role but have Mariana live till episode 4 . wha

• edited August 2017

enter image description here + enter image description here = enter image description here

Mark and Mr. Parker.
    Mark is a character who, for his short time in the story, left a good impression on the players. I also think it's worth making a post about him.
    So, I would give his role as dinner to Mr. Parker. The St. Johns set the trap in the forest so they can capture people for more meat. It makes sense for them to capture him.
    I know this was originally the case.
    Leaving Mark behind after the bandit raid would be messed up, but it's better to be unknown rather than being dinner for cannibals. Sigh Mark didn't deserve that. :(

• That type of thing actually played a part in my theory: basically, Conrad used to be a pretty strict father to her, so she eventually ran away around the time the outbreak broke out, causing him to try and be a more easygoing man and suggest Javier give Gabe some space, "One parent to another."

Nice theory! You know, I think it would have been interesting if our interactions and relationship with Ava depended on whether we killed Conrad or not. If we kill her father she will be hostile and it will be harder to earn her trust, but if we don't she will be friendly and helpful towards us.

Yeah, poor guy.
    I guess it was to make the Mr. Parker scene more tense.

I see. But I still hate that they cut his backstory from the game. :unamused:
    It's like--Telltale wants Clementine to be the only likeable child character. It shouldn't be like that. For example, Duck was less entusiastic in early development, but the writers were probably concerned that the players would like him better than Clementine and scrapped it.

Oh, well I guess I'll give it a read then!

It was useless. :pensive: I will compensate with the Mark Darin interview and the fact video I told you about:

Which I do feel pretty bad about since it really was my fault, so the first thing I did when I was unbanned was give him what he was asking about in the firstplace and then some.

You did the right thing. :) I would feel really bad, too if I insulted someone without them deserving it and I would try to make things right.

I thought that Ava was at least 19/20 years old as well. Ms Alyssa said that her father was very strict while Conrad is easy-going, so yeah

• Nice theory! You know, I think it would have been interesting if our interactions and relationship with Ava depended on whether we killed Conrad or not. If we kill her father she will be hostile and it will be harder to earn her trust, but if we don't she will be friendly and helpful towards us.

Yep. Not sure when/if the topic would've come up if he's dead, but whatever.

I see. But I still hate that they cut his backstory from the game. :unamused:
    It's like--Telltale wants Clementine to be the only likable child character. It shouldn't be like that. For example, Duck was less enthusiastic in early development, but the writers were probably concerned that the players would like him better than Clementine and scrapped it.

Well, they did openly describe him as "the opposite of Clementine," so probably. I kinda doubt it a little since Sean Ainsworth and the other Season 1staff knew what he was doing for the most part.

It was useless. :pensive: I will compensate with the Mark Darin interview and the fact video I told you about

Don't feel too bad; you were only just trying to be charitable. I'll give em both a listen/watch when I get the chance.

You did the right thing. :) I would feel really bad, too if I insulted someone without them deserving it and I would try to make things right.

Thanks! :smile:

That type of thing actually played a part in my theory: basically, Conrad used to be a pretty strict father to her, so she eventually ran aw

• I am so unused to seeing him from that angle. :confused:

But yeah, I agree. Though the result should probably Mr. Parker again since he is the one being dinner; maybe also swap Mark's first pic to be of him on the bathroom floor to reflect that as well.

+ = Mark and Mr. Parker. Mark is a character who, for his short time in the story, left a good impression on the players. I also think

• Yep and hopefully Omega, Cream, and maybe even Big will be in it as well.

Hope so, too! I miss them. :cry:
    I liked playing as Big in Sonic Adventure DX. How this game's graphics didn't give me nightmares, I dunno.
    Gamma was an interesting choice for a playable character.

A lot of people probably didn't notice but Big was in the first episode of Sonic X. He can be seen sleeping by a river with Froggy in the very beginning of the episode and then he was caught in the Chaos Control.

Just be warned that the GameGrumps have a habit of going off on these really irrelevant tangents as their playthroughs go on, often about their personal life.
    "Fiderman's real name is Peter Sparker."

Aw, I'll keep it in mind. Thanks for the warning!

:3

She's essentially a wild conspiracy theorist whom Amy befriended and somewhat civilized in the past. This makes her somewhat paranoid, distrustful, and occasionally annoying/sociopathic in a humorous way.
    The game...doesn't really emulate more than one word of that

Thank you for telling me! :)
    From what I read on the wiki, Amy is a better character in the Sonic Boom show. I remember seeing the teaser for the game and I heard her say the F word... guuurl that ain't cool.

You so hungry and ate the "are". Heeeell Yeeeeaaah, baby!!! i'm so happy right now Yep and hopefully Omega, Cr

• Done! :blush:

I am so unused to seeing him from that angle. But yeah, I agree. Though the result should probably Mr. Parker again since he is the one being dinner; maybe also swap Mark's first pic to be of him on the bathroom floor to reflect that as well.

• Yep. Not sure when/if the topic would've come up if he's dead, but whatever.

Gabe will drop the bomb. ;)

Well, they did openly describe him as "the opposite of Clementine," so probably. I kinda doubt it a little since Sean Ainsworth and the other Season 1staff knew what he was doing for the most part.

Where? Playing Dead? Interview?
    I know, Duck is smart and people don't give him enough credit.

Don't feel too bad; you were only just trying to be charitable. I'll give em both a listen/watch when I get the chance.

Okay, thank you. :blush:

You're welcome!
    I don't know if you remember, but in the overrated and underrated character thread I kinda started an argument about Eleanor with Melton because I was sleepy and moody. It was like 00:00 where I live. I apologised to him like 2 or 3 times.
    So, both you and I can have our moments, haha! :grin:

Nice theory! You know, I think it would have been interesting if our interactions and relationship with Ava depended on whether we killed Co

• Gabe will drop the bomb. ;)

"When it comes to my 2_ year old friend Ava, you, Javi, killed the father!"
    Makes sense, tho.

Where? Playing Dead? Interview?
    I know, Duck is smart and people don't give him enough credit.

It was in some character bios from when the game was first coming out. Here is a website with it.

Okay, thank you. :blush:

You're welcome!
    I don't know if you remember, but in the overrated and underrated character thread I kinda started an argument about Eleanor with Melton because I was sleepy and moody. It was like 00:00 where I live. I apologised to him like 2 or 3 times.
    So, both you and I can have our moments, haha! :grin:

...Yeah, we do. :lol:

Yep. Not sure when/if the topic would've come up if he's dead, but whatever. Gabe will drop the bomb. Well, they did openly d

• I feel so bad for Mark. He's probably the most underrated character of TWD.

+ = Mark and Mr. Parker. Mark is a character who, for his short time in the story, left a good impression on the players. I also think

• I hope that thing is her mouth is not what I'm thinking about

how could you!?!? how could you eat the last icecream on earth!?!?!

Yes, she was supposed to be Lilly Caul from the comics. But Robert Kirkman gave her another backstory in the novel Road To Woodbury. Because

• Good job!

Tho he did scare me for a sec when I saw him. :neutral:

Done!

• Thanks!

I guess. He is in a pretty bad shape. :( I honestly wanted to break down and cry when I saw him like that the first time I played...

Good job! Tho he did scare me for a sec when I saw him.

• I think Chuck is. Or Carlos.

I feel so bad for Mark. He's probably the most underrated character of TWD.

• Carlos fits that description better than either.

fallandir posted: »

I think Chuck is. Or Carlos.

• yeah i agree that she might have still hid the baby but i dont think she d hide it in the car given how she disliked Crawford s rules of liabilities and such so i think she might have either hid him in a safer place or not hid him at all which would mean there would need to be another reason for the fight to break out.

Yeah, that was my thought when someone made a similar post a few pages back. Plus, Telltale seemed to intentionally invoke Molly with Jane s

• id actually have swapped Travis instead of David since i think it would have been nice to see Ben have a character who he could interact with of his own age even if its just for one episode.

• enter image description here

But maybe so.

yeah i agree that she might have still hid the baby but i dont think she d hide it in the car given how she disliked Crawford s rules of lia

• Oh yeah, that was you! :lol:

She means who ends up as dinner, though.

id actually have swapped Travis instead of David since i think it would have been nice to see Ben have a character who he could interact with of his own age even if its just for one episode.

• yeah sorry for the wait lol.

But maybe so.

• actually that s what i meant since David and Travis were more or less determinants since if you dont cut David parker s leg off then travis gets himself shot by trying to take mark s rifle ((Althought id preffer to see Travis live more than one episode since i felt Ben needed a character to interact with like i said before.))

Oh yeah, that was you! She means who ends up as dinner, though.

• you can just give Kate's crush on Javier to Eleanor, opening up Kate to have time to be a more structurally independent character.

It's a win-win scenario for you~

Nate should've replaced Badger (or Joan if you think he could be leadership material)- I made a thread explaining why Nate would've been a b

you can just give Kate's crush on Javier to Eleanor, opening up Kate to have time to be a more structurally independent character. It's a win-win scenario for you~

• knuckles

When bae calls you cute nicknames. :joy:

You'll finally be able to kick Tripp's ass and live happily ever after with Eleanor.
    Also, Kate's potential will be utilized to its fullest.

• edited August 2017

In S1

Mark as Glenn
    Travis dies in Marks place
    Mark dies in Doug/Carley's Place
    Doug/Carley as Chuck

In S2

Molly as Jane
    Lilly as Bonnie
    Omid as Alvin
    Christa as Rebecca
    Kenny as Kenny & Carlos
    Sarita as Sarita & Sarah
    400 Days Crew as Russian Group

• What do you mean Sarita as Sarita lol?

In S1 Mark as Glenn Travis dies in Marks place Mark dies in Doug/Carley's Place Doug/Carley as Chuck In S2 Molly as Jane Lilly

• She keeps her role and gets Sarah's.

What do you mean Sarita as Sarita lol?

• guessing you mean Sarita takes Sarah s death since it wouldnt make sense for sarita to have the paranoia attack considering it made sense for Sarah because of Carlos talking about her having a condition.

She keeps her role and gets Sarah's.

• "When it comes to my 2_ year old friend Ava, you, Javi, killed the father!"
    Makes sense, tho.

This is the best thing ever! :D I luv u.

No, Ava, I am your father!
    "I am done with your shit, guys."

Remember when we thought that Gabe would get distracted by Ava? I expected him to start hitting on her, but instead he asked her about guns and I was like "Really, Gabe? REALLY?"

At one point I thought that we might have to explain erections to him. :joy:

It was in some character bios from when the game was first coming out. Here is a website with it.

Thank you so much!
    It's just the fact that the writers want to make child characters hateable on purpose, except Clementine, of course, really bothers me. Especially the boy characters! They make them look like absolute cowards compared to her, like come on! And here comes the "Oh, Clem is TOO good for him!" thing.
    I know you recently made a thread about this, I may comment on it sometime.

Gabe will drop the bomb. "When it comes to my 2_ year old friend Ava, you, Javi, killed the father!" Makes sense, tho. Where

• edited August 2017

Finally, one month later, Senpai noticed me!!! :love:

Yes, the option is nice, I just wish it mattered. We should have arrived at night! We would have probably run into TNF and retrieving the Garcias would have been hard.

Pretty much. The option to choose is nice though, if ultimately pointless.

• Finally, one month later, Senpai noticed me!!! :love:

Yeah, sorry bout that.

Finally, one month later, Senpai noticed me!!! Yes, the option is nice, I just wish it mattered. We should have arrived at night! We would have probably run into TNF and retrieving the Garcias would have been hard.

• Hope so, too! I miss them. :cry:
    I liked playing as Big in Sonic Adventure DX.
    Gamma was an interesting choice for a playable character.

Agreed.

How this game's graphics didn't give me nightmares, I dunno.

A lot of people probably didn't notice but Big was in the first episode of Sonic X. He can be seen sleeping by a river with Froggy in the very beginning of the episode and then he was caught in the Chaos Control.

Oh yeah, my first (and accidental) experience to Sonic after the McDonald's games and seeing the Gamecube remakes in Walmart.
    I think I was like "Who's that old man?"

That gif is perfect .:blush:

From what I read on the wiki, Amy is a better character in the Sonic Boom show.

Yeah, that's the general consensus.

I remember seeing the teaser for the game and I heard her say the F word... guuurl that ain't cool.

Not sure what teaser you're referencing there, but nice to know Ol' Mondegreen may still be getting work.

Yep and hopefully Omega, Cream, and maybe even Big will be in it as well. Hope so, too! I miss them. I liked playing as Big in So

• edited August 2017

Whoever made that is a genius. :joy:

Remember when we thought that Gabe would get distracted by Ava?

:lol: Yeah, I do. That would've some shit if it actually happened, though; the looks on everyone's faces....

I expected him to start hitting on her, but instead he asked her about guns and I was like "Really, Gabe? REALLY?"

Hey, maybe he was working his way up to "I got a gun you might be interested in seeing--fully cocked and ready for testing. Wanna be the one to pull the trigger?" :smirk:

At one point I thought that we might have to explain erections to him. :joy:

Oh, cripes! :joy:

Though if Javier's comments are any indication, that was already taken care of.(Thank goodness!)

Thank you so much!
    It's just the fact that the writers want to make child characters hateable on purpose, except Clementine, of course, really bothers me. Especially the boy characters! They make them look like absolute cowards compared to her, like come on! And here comes the "Oh, Clem is TOO good for him!" thing.

Yeah, they shouldn't have to do stuff like that.

I know you recently made a thread about this, I may comment on it sometime.

Oh yeah, I forgot that existed. Probably cause very few people were actually discussing stuff and I hadn't actually put together much of what I wanted to say at the time. I might just bump it after all.

"When it comes to my 2_ year old friend Ava, you, Javi, killed the father!" Makes sense, tho. This is the best thing ever! I luv

Oh yeah, my first (and accidental) experience to Sonic after the McDonald's games and seeing the Gamecube remakes in Walmart.
    I think I was like "Who's that old man?"

Gasp He ain't old! He is 18!

That gif is perfect .:blush:

It is. :heart:

Not sure what teaser you're referencing there, but nice to know Ol' Mondegreen may still be getting work.

The teaser for Sonic Boom. Amy swears in it. She said "hell" or "fuck", I don't quite remember. I think it was "hell".

Hope so, too! I miss them. I liked playing as Big in Sonic Adventure DX. Gamma was an interesting choice for a playable character.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.