Who'd you side with?

2»

Comments

• Thanks!

DabigRG posted: »

No, it's fine. The questions are really just there to provide some optional direction and trigger your neurons in case you can't think of an

• In S1 I mostly sided with Kenny over Lily, her dad tried to get Lee killed and she would have kicked us out of the drug store. The only time where I didn't side with Kenny was with Larry in the meat locker. I mean I disliked Larry but I wasn't going to smash his head in so I tried to help Larry. I also didn't side with Kenny when he was being mean to Ben. I get it Ben messed up but trying to get him killed and yelling at him all the time is too much.

In S2 I was team Kenny, a time where I was conflicted in siding with somebody was whenever Luke and Kenny argued. I liked Kenny a lot but I also liked Luke. I disliked Jane she was selfish and wasn't even too big on kids. She tried to leave Sarah without even trying to help. When things get tough Jane runs. Kenny isn't perfect but the end of season 2 proves that he was always a good man. I went to Wellington though as it was best for Clem and AJ and at least we know Kenny is alive.

In S3 I always sided with Clementine because I knew she was trustworthy and because I wanted Clem and Javi to be friends. With David I made Javi nice to him. Even though David was crazy he was still Javier's brother. I rejected Kate because of David and because I don't like Kate and Javi as a couple they just don't mesh to me. I thought Kate was way too thirsty. I was nice to Kate but in a friendly way not a romantic way but when Kate wanted to leave David in Richmond (I understand why but she didn't even try to talk to him she just wanted to leave him) I stayed in Richmond cause that's not right in my opinion. And at the end Kate got all mad at Javi and said "I can't believe I loved either of you." Wtf you'd think as David's wife she would know that he'd be pissed off. And when David attacked Javi she sat there and screamed "Stop!" Instead of trying to break it up. So in David vs Kate I took no sides.

• So in David vs Kate I took no sides.

...There were supposed to be sides? :lol:

In S1 I mostly sided with Kenny over Lily, her dad tried to get Lee killed and she would have kicked us out of the drug store. The only time

• I'm not sure, I was confused myself.

So in David vs Kate I took no sides. ...There were supposed to be sides?

• ...Kenny? ...Jane? Is that you? :p

Touche.

But presentation makes a huge difference. We were a part of the group when Kenny and Jane make their robberies. We get some choice in it. The Stranger and Arvo are not good people. Michonne has no say in Sam's robberies. And the Monroe community seems like good people with the exception of Randall. And even then, the only thing he does that crosses the line is charge Michonne after being traded back to his sister causing the final fire fight to break out. Everything else is fairly reasonable from what I recall. He is an asshole, but so are a lot of people.

We get to see good traits in Kenny and Jane before they pull off some of their more asshole shit. Our first meeting with Sam is her attacking us, promptly getting us captured, and then trying to drag us into her shit. Meanwhile, the Monroe people seem pretty damn reasonable and forgiving with the exception of Randall. Even he isn't that bad until after his community gets burned to the ground. Yet, it's the people of Monroe who wind up being the antagonists because.... they didn't want someone to keep stealing all of their supplies and got pissed when their town burned and they lost a lot of their people to walkers? Why are they the antagonists?

It would be like if you meet the Stranger, watch his family fall apart and die, and then are expected to join up with the Motel survivors.

Because she'd actually get to know the group early on rather than keeping her distance until the opportunity arrives for all of them to escape. Thus, she'd have a greater understanding of Clementine and Sarah, making her decision in the trailer even worse than it already is.

Honestly, I think it would feel better. There's more set up and you know where Jane's coming from. You already have the reasons to leave Sarah explained by someone who has made that difficult choice.

I mean, she left her sister. I don't think knowing a girl for a few days is going to be worse than that.

Sam a deceitful person who can't give a damn about anyone else outside of her friends and family. She doesn't care who she hurts. ..

• Yeah, there was a thread where someone was asking that question back around Thicker than Water's release and I honestly did a double-take. Mostly because the story hadn't really been pushing for there being opposite sides, particularly with Kate being injured and thus unable to do much. Not to mention how the theme of the game is family, with the game's tagline highlighting that fact.

I'm not sure, I was confused myself.

• I just wish there could be some variation regarding their deaths. I was fine with Carley's death in Episode 3. Her attitude and outspokenness is ultimately what gets her killed, which makes sense. However I was disappointed to find that Doug's death was mostly the same. I think Doug should have lived on until Episode 4, with him helping out on the train but being ultimately killed in Savannah. (Maybe Lilly could hang around or just abandon the group). Throughout the story Doug is constantly trying to prove his resourcefulness, so I think it would be fitting for him to take the place of Chuck, with him sacrificing himself to save Clementine.

That's actually a pretty good point you got there. Especially since I personally really disliked how Lilly handled that situation.

That's really the only I actually like. I feel like the others are inconsequential and just padding for the whole "your choices matter" thing.

Yeah, I feel the sequels really were bogged down in-universe and/or out due to the need for everything to be a serious business competition.

• If you were brought in as the story direction on any season and installlment, what conflict/fight/boss would you have implemented?

• edited September 2017

"Who deserves to be Clementine's girlfriend more: Sarah or Jane?"

The fuck? I am actually offended by this statement. Who deserves it? That's not what that situation was about. Sarah went off the deep end. Clem and Jane went out of there way to go save her, when she lost her shit. Jane saying everything she said about Sarah, bringing up her sister, Jaime, she was trying to soften the blow for Clem. Because she knew that if Clem got too invested in saving everyone she wouldn't survive.

It wasn't, "hey Clem, I know she's your friend and all, but Sarah's fucking nuts and you should just let her die before she gets you killed." Nor, "hey Clem, Jane's a bitch, you should kill her." There was no rivalry between them. Jane knew how Sarah was, she knew she wasn't gonna make it, and that it could have adversed affects on Clementine. She knew, from past experiences, that trying to save someone who didn't/couldn't know how to survive in this world could easily get you killed.

All that being said I'd like to comment now.

The Sarah choice was a big one. Simply because of how easy it could be to just leave Sarah behind. (I chose to save her fyi) Sarah was completely out of her mind, there was imminent danger afoot, and no hope of snapping her out of it. If you put yourself in Clem's shoes, I mean really: You're 11 years old, you just had to do some really hard labor trying to fortify the trailer you're inside of, to no avail. You see one of your friends almost die doing the same. You get inside of that room, safe and sound, without losing anyone. Only to find Sarah is still unresponsive. Your heart is racing, from fear. What do you do?(go)

I really liked that choice, it's pretty much a gamble. Luke is useless(no offense Luke RIP), Jane is sorta playing the devil on the shoulder. It's just Clementine. She stays too long, trying to convince Sarah to try and survive. That door flies open, and Clem and Sarah are walker food. It took brass balls to pick trying to save Sarah, imo. This is my favorite door #1, or door #2 choice by far.

All of these situations are really good btw:

Carley, or doug- Carley could easily die if Lee was afraid of what people might think of him, if she told anyone his "secret". Or she could easily live if Lee was grateful she saved his life(twice).

Stealing from the Station Wagon-"what kind of person are you gonna be?"

Killing someone, or not killing someone. Leaving Lily. Putting Sam out of his misery, or not. Giving Irene the gun, or not. Submitting to Carver, or not. Knife, or gun. Chosing to tell a man, who just lost his loved one, something that'll either make him want to kill him or forgive him.

I could go on for days here. These choices are really awesome, because they are hard ones to make, and yet so easy.

I killed the St.John's, out of emotion. I left Lily, out of emotion. I put Sam down because he was a dumb dog that didn't know any better, and I couldn't let him suffer like that. Gave Irene the gun because she asked for it, actually bared her soul to a few strangers. Went to go find Kenny because I was scared, and didn't know what was gonna happen. Chose the knife because the gun knocked Clem on her ass. Stayed silent, when all Walter wanted to hear was that it was just a stupid accident. I felt so bad when Nick died, I teared up a little. And I didn't even like him that much. All that pitty and self-loathing, then he shoots Matthew for fucking nothing. Felt good when I told him to shut up, but I didn't want what happened to him.

I'm probably the only one that truly thinks all choices matter, consequences, or no.

Edit: oh, shit. Almost forgot, pizza, or ice cream. Not Kenny vs. Luke, but Kenny vs. Jane. Kenny and Luke are both pizza, imo. They weren't so different from my eyes, through Clem's eyes. They both were strong men who would lay down their lives for her, if need be. Now Jane on the other hand. I don't think she would have. Simply because, she didn't know Clem that long, and she chose her life over her sister's life. Can you trust her? Not really. I never really knew what her angle was. I just knew that she was a good egg who needed Clem, to save her soul. I had faith in Jane. And I couldn't say the same for Kenny, a man I trusted with my life.

• Okay, time to open this can of worms: Why exactly did people think/want there would be a big choice/conflict between Kate and David?

• I honestly thought it would be Eleanor and Tripp when it comes to the well-being of the group - both would have different views and we would choose who to agree with.

Okay, time to open this can of worms: Why exactly did people think/want there would be a big choice/conflict between Kate and David?

• S2: Saved Jane from Kenny but then went alone after seeing her great plan... and then immediatelly rewinded to save Kenny.

Hell, I rewinded to just kill both. :joy:

UrbanRodrik posted: »

S1: Doug instead of Carley ((Because i thought that while Carley was good with a gun someone smart like Doug would help out more but since h

• The fuck? I am actually offended by this statement. Who deserves it? That's not what that situation was about. Sarah went off the deep end. Clem and Jane went out of there way to go save her, when she lost her shit. Jane saying everything she said about Sarah, bringing up her sister, Jaime, she was trying to soften the blow for Clem. Because she knew that if Clem got too invested in saving everyone she wouldn't survive.
    It wasn't, "hey Clem, I know she's your friend and all, but Sarah's fucking nuts and you should just let her die before she gets you killed." Nor, "hey Clem, Jane's a bitch, you should kill her." There was no rivalry between them.She knew, from past experiences, that trying to save someone who didn't/couldn't know how to survive in this world could easily get you killed.

Uh, that was mostly a joke at general fanbases' expense. :joy:

Jane knew how Sarah was, she knew she wasn't gonna make it, and that it could have adversed affects on Clementine.

Which is why she just sits there and let's Clementine watch what happens if she leaves her.

The Sarah choice was a big one. Simply because of how easy it could be to just leave Sarah behind. (I chose to save her fyi) Sarah was completely out of her mind, there was imminent danger afoot, and no hope of snapping her out of it. If you put yourself in Clem's shoes, I mean really: You're 11 years old, you just had to do some really hard labor trying to fortify the trailer you're inside of, to no avail. You see one of your friends almost die doing the same. You get inside of that room, safe and sound, without losing anyone. Only to find Sarah is still unresponsive. Your heart is racing, from fear. What do you do?(go)

I really liked that choice, it's pretty much a gamble. Luke is useless(no offense Luke RIP), Jane is sorta playing the devil on the shoulder. It's just Clementine. She stays too long, trying to convince Sarah to try and survive. That door flies open, and Clem and Sarah are walker food. It took brass balls to pick trying to save Sarah, imo. This is my favorite door #1, or door #2 choice by far.

To be fair, I like the basic idea(s) behind the scene, that it gave Clementine some meaningful character focus and some effectiveness after In Harm's Way, and what could've/should've been done because of it.

It's just that what happens after that scene kinda shits all over it, mostly because Telltale clearly decided to be biased in a way that was mean-spirited and ended up defeating the purpose of a lot of things.

Not Kenny vs. Luke, but Kenny vs. Jane. Kenny and Luke are both pizza, imo. They weren't so different from my eyes, through Clem's eyes. They both were strong men who would lay down their lives for her, if need be.

One of the reasons why they should've kept the finale conflict between them.

I just knew that she was a good egg who needed Clem, to save her soul. I had faith in Jane. And I couldn't say the same for Kenny, a man I trusted with my life.

I sure as hell didn't, but good for you.

GiantKiller posted: »

"Who deserves to be Clementine's girlfriend more: Sarah or Jane?" The fuck? I am actually offended by this statement. Who deserves i

• I was just about to tell them that you were joking. :D

The fuck? I am actually offended by this statement. Who deserves it? That's not what that situation was about. Sarah went off the deep end.

• Yeah, Jane is so reminiscent of an edgy Suetiful OC and many fanbases are prone to being ship-happy, so it was the logical joke to [finally?] make.

Fangirl101 posted: »

I was just about to tell them that you were joking.

• Who would you personally choose to side with in certain situations: Clementine or Mariana?

• That would've been interesting. It's two characters that (at least if Tripp was a better written/utilized character) have useful skills and attributes to bring to the table and could somewhat harkon back to Carley and Doug depending on how they are presented up till the choice.

I honestly thought it would be Eleanor and Tripp when it comes to the well-being of the group - both would have different views and we would choose who to agree with.

• Pity

In that Star Wars picture, is Jane Maul and Sarah Qui-Gon? I hope so.

• I don't want such a choice... I hate the thought of Eleanor becoming determinant. The Prescottie I wanted to survive until the very end was her.

That would've been interesting. It's two characters that (at least if Tripp was a better written/utilized character) have useful skills and

• In A New Day I saved Carley over Doug. In the moment in time, it seemed like having a skilled shooter would be more beneficial than a Eugene-type.

As far as siding with Kenny or Lilly, most of the time I sided with Kenny. A real leader doesn't have to force people to follow them and I often felt like Lilly was forcing herself into that role when people didn't want her in that role. However, I liked that she put collective safety first, whereas, Kenny, like Shane and Madison, saw everyone except their family as expendable.

At the dairy farm in Starved for Help, I showed ambivalence in regards to trusting the St. Johns or taking the farm over if necessary. I figured it would be best to keep all options on the table.

When it came to trying to save Larry or helping Kenny kill him, I helped Kenny. Larry hadn't gone unconscious before and that time he had and without his heart pills, killing him was the most pragmatic option.

Also, I killed both St. Johns brothers. They needed to go.

At the end of starved for help, I agreed to take the supplies from the car. This is the apocalypse. It's not stealing if no one is there guarding it. They had no way of knowing if the owner was going to come back. It's not stealing it's survival. (what Negan & the Saviors do is tantamount to stealing)

I sided with Kenny in regards to whether or not we should leave the motel.

In A Long Road Ahead, I gave Ben the benefit of the doubt about who was stealing meds. And subsequently, I threatened to throw him off the train when he confessed that it was him; his lie gets Carley or Doug killed.

I decided to leave Lilly behind for her murderous outburst. While killing Doug was an accident, if Doug hadn't intervened, Lilly would have killed Ben. And she outright murders Carley. for that she could not stay.

If I remember correctly, I think i pulled Omid onto the train first. He was injured.

In my first playthrough, I fed all the children first, including Ben.

I decided to hack off the teachers leg that was stuck in the bear trap.

Oh, on Hershel's farm, I tried to save Shawn.

In around every corner, I pulled Ben up from the bell tower. I felt like in that moment letting go of him wasn't needed.

All though it wasn't a an option, I thought it would be, but when Kenny says that the boat won't hold everyone, I decided that i would leave Ben behind if given the chance.

I lied to Vernon to get his help; I was honest with Hershel on the farm; I threatened Vernon when he says that he wants to take Clementine.

I shot Duck after he turns and let Kenny shoot the boy in the attic.

I asked Omid and Christa to look out for Clementine.

I strangled the Stranger and had Christa cut off my arm.

I attempted to save Ben when he falls due to the collapsing fire-escape.

I told Clementine to stay in the country and had her shoot me.

That's all i can remember from S1.

Season 2,
    I tried to help Christa when the bandits attack.

I showed the dog mercy and killed it (although I don't know if i could do it in real life) and offered to share my food.

I offered Sarah my friendship and showed her how to use the gun (I thought that would come in handy later, but it didn't)

I chose to leave with Nick after Pete is bitten. There was no way to save him.

I think i threatened Rebecca back at the cabin.

I chose to sit with Kenny in A House Divided. While things were warming up between Clem and Cabin Co., I wasn't quite over the mistreatment and I wanted Clem right catch up with Kenny.

I told Walter that I wanted to stay with him, Kenny and Sarita. With Carver looking for Luke and them, I thought it'd be a safer bet to stay at the Lodge.

At Howes hardware, I sided with a Kenny in looking for a way out. I threatened Carver. I stayed to watch Kenny bludgeon Carver to death.

I helped Sarah trim her berry bush.

I hacked off Sarita's arm.

I gave the meds back to Arvo.

I saved the baby during the shoot out.

I sided with Kenny in regards to the treatment of Arvo until we got to the half built house. I felt like at first the violence was somewhat justified, but by the time we got to the house, I felt like Kenny was taking all his frustrations out on Arvo.

I tried to save Luke from the ice.

I saved Sarah from the house after her father died and tried to save her again at the watch tower when the deck collapsed.

When we catch Mike, Bonnie and Arvo stealing all the supplies and truck, I wished they kept the original option to shoot Mike, cuz I really wanted to.

I can't remember if I sided with Kenny about going south/Wellington or Jane with going back to Howes. I think I sided with Kenny.

If the choice between Kenny or Jane hadn't been life or death, I would've chosen to go with Jane. However, I ultimately let Kenny kill Jane. Really, what it was is that I chose the look away option--- but I thought choosing this option would result in Clementine still shooting, but that we just wouldn't see who it was until afterward. Alas, my inaction resulted in Jane's death. And I left with Kenny. After playing all the options, I found that my original choice to let Jane die and leave with Kenny was the right choice for my Clementine.

In the end, I left Wellington with Kenny and Aj. After the emotional rollercoaster of letting Jane die I was not about to leave Kenny. After everything that had transpired, it just didn't seem right.

I haven't played S3 enough yet to remember most of the choices I made, but I do, I'll be back.

• True dat.

I don't want such a choice... I hate the thought of Eleanor becoming determinant. The Prescottie I wanted to survive until the very end was her.

• Bumping this in part to ask this question: Do you think there was [actually] be "sides" in The Final Season?
    What sort of situations and values might this involve?
    And if so, what characters/themes would you be willing to side with?

• In each Season/Installment, what character(s) did you tend to side with and for what reasons? Were there some instances where you disagreed with those characters and/or sided with someone else?

• Kenny and Clementine cos it’s Kenny and Clementine
    Luke and Kenny cos it’s Luke and Kenny
    Clementine cos it was Clementine
    Louis cos it’s Louis

In each Season/Installment, what character(s) did you tend to side with and for what reasons? Were there some instances where you disagreed with those characters and/or sided with someone else?

• Okay, let's do another go at a few of these now that TFS is out the way. I should probably note that I never actually played this season myself, so this is more of another "how I might've chosen" thing

Who did you pick and/or side with in certain situations?

So what's interesting here is that because of the way of things were set up, I'd sometimes pick differently for some choices/scenes than I normally would've.
    In terms of characters, I obviously would've favored Louis, AJ, and occasionally Willy and Tenn. But despite that, I'd go with Brody and Violet in those two choices where you'd pick who to go with because that made sense with the storytelling and character balance.
    With that said, Ruby vs Mitch was also no contest for a number of reasons.

When did you find yourself conflicted over picking a side?

As unusually flippant as it might sound, I actually didn't have a problem picking who I'd save and/or who I'd let go at the end of Episode 2, so that's out.

Why did you prefer one choice over the other?

Might have to answer this later after reviewing all the choices.

How could the story have better utilized these conflicts?

Honestly, for how bare the plot is in favor of allegedly being more character driven things, I thought the conflicts themselves were kinda nebulous bordering on tepid.

Where did the opposing side have points that seemed appealing despite their flaws?

I actually liked Aasim as a character and as a survivor, so he was obviously a consideration had there been more with him.

What are some hypothetical dichotomies you think would've been interesting to see?

One theory I had as to how the story would develop involve some debate with Ruby regarding AJ's upbringing and how that's affecting his behavior. Probably could've even gotten Louis or Willy in on it as a representative of another, more free point of view.
    Not necessarily a rivalry, but I not so recently entertained the idea of Aasim and Violet working together with slightly contrasting priorities based on their personal motivations.
    Oh, also for some reason, TVTropes lists Dorian as Louis's Archenemy. Not entirely sure how they came to that conclusion, but sure let's go with that.

• Challenge: Who did you side with in TFS outside of the romance stuff?

• With myself.... B)

Challenge: Who did you side with in TFS outside of the romance stuff?

• I just had this thought today. Do you remember how Lee kept passing out after he was bit? I would make that point for a side character. And we would be responsible to pull them away from danger while unconscious. Otherwise, we lose out on a few dialogue options with that person. Plus, it would give you an idea for what she did for Lee.

If you were brought in as the story direction on any season and installlment, what conflict/fight/boss would you have implemented?

• Wait, so we play as Clementine during that section or do you mean a similar sequence from the player's pov?

I just had this thought today. Do you remember how Lee kept passing out after he was bit? I would make that point for a side character. And

• Uh, In my first playthrough of "Bachelorete of Choice", I decided to go with Violet because of her survival skill and willingness to be protective of strangers. In the long run, I would've gone for Louis. He's much more light-hearted and fun. And he still has is tongue for christ's sake. Far worth the cost of an eye and a half.

Challenge: Who did you side with in TFS outside of the romance stuff?

• Fair enough. Makes sense.

Uh, In my first playthrough of "Bachelorete of Choice", I decided to go with Violet because of her survival skill and willingness to be prot

Sign in to comment in this discussion.