Welp, Telltale doesn't care anymore

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-08-25-telltale-talks-the-wolf-among-us-return-and-game-of-thrones-being-on-hold

So here's Telltale's head of creative communications Job Stauffer had to say about past franchises including Sam & Max

Fair enough! We're back to me asking questions - do you want to do a Monkey Island season two?

Job Stauffer: No.

Why not?

Job Stauffer: Hmm. It is a proud part of Telltale's legacy, but not really part of Telltale's future.

Sam & Max?

Job Stauffer: Same answer.

So i guess all hope is truly lost for this series, i don't expect any new comics or TV shows either.
Happy 30th anniversary Sam & Max

Comments

• :(

Ouch, that's disappointing to hear. At least Devil's Playhouse was an adequate Swan Song for Telltale's version of the series.

• Sad sigh Well, I guess unless they give the gaming rights to someone who CARES about them... it looks like the end of the road for the Freelance Police :(

• Telltale doesn't have a future

• As we can see, Telltale has no future, and it won't have.
    It's their own fault they're dying and killing Telltale. If they want a future then it's Sam & Max.

• Not really. If Telltale gained success and made millions from Sam & Max, they'd continue it. It just wasn't on their priority list.

As we can see, Telltale has no future, and it won't have. It's their own fault they're dying and killing Telltale. If they want a future then it's Sam & Max.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.