TOMB RAIDER Movie Reboot - Official Trailer #1

So eh I have no faith at all, the trailer was decent but why not come up with your own plot... Ooh yeah that would cost creativity just another save the world movie.
Didn't some people from Transformers 5 work on this?

Tagged:

Comments

• edited September 2017

Just what the fuck, man? Why make a movie based on Tomb Raider and Uncharted when they are both inspired by Indiana Jones franchise? Just let video games be video games. Live-action adaptations are easy cash grabs except for books and comics.

• This honestly looks like complete crap.

• Ehh... I dont think I'll like it.
    Seems to be rehashing the same things as the game reboot, and doesn't really have that "Adventure" feel of Action/Adventure movies.
    I don't know.

• I'll give it a chance before I judge it on one trailer, but I'm not really here or there at this point. Mostly just the the 'dun da!' sound effect that repeated itself throughout got on my nerves. Set up seems alright, but I think need to see more before I can be sure. One thing I'm definitely happy about is that this actress actually has muscles on her unlike Wonder Woman, and looks like she trained physically for the role.

• So, would you want a new actor for Indiana Jones?

AronDracula posted: »

Just what the fuck, man? Why make a movie based on Tomb Raider and Uncharted when they are both inspired by Indiana Jones franchise? Just let video games be video games. Live-action adaptations are easy cash grabs except for books and comics.

• No, it's just that a movie based on a video game which is inspired by a movie just doesn't work. Was there ever a good movie based on a video game?

Clord posted: »

So, would you want a new actor for Indiana Jones?

• There's never been a single good video game movie. The best one I can think of is Warcraft and that movie was meh at best.

The trailer for this movie makes it look like a more underwhelming version of the 2013 game. Not to mention that none of the actors look like they give a shit about what they're doing. Alicia Vikander in particular sounds like she's about to fall asleep.

• Man, they're trying way too hard to make it similar to the 2013 Tomb Raider game. I understand they're trying to ride on the rebooted series success wave, but a little more originality would be appreciated.

• It really does look like a low budget fan film.

Pipas posted: »

Man, they're trying way too hard to make it similar to the 2013 Tomb Raider game. I understand they're trying to ride on the rebooted series success wave, but a little more originality would be appreciated.

• mostlypoptartsmostlypoptarts ModeratorFormer Telltale Staff

Hard to say based off this little info, but I will say I'm cautiously optimistic. I think Alicia Vikander is an amazing actress and there's a strong possibility that she'll carry an otherwise mediocre movie with an amazing performance. /shrug

• Same goes to the upcoming Uncharted movie, they hired Tom Holland to play Young Nathan Drake.

Hard to say based off this little info, but I will say I'm cautiously optimistic. I think Alicia Vikander is an amazing actress and there's a strong possibility that she'll carry an otherwise mediocre movie with an amazing performance. /shrug

• Now I know there's a lot of negativity here, but let's look at the positives for a sec. They hired an amazing actress to play Lara, the music in the trailer wasn't TOO generic, and Lara's outfit is on par with the 2013 game. So that's nice. The visuals look entertaining enough, and it's definitely not the worst trailer I've ever seen.

Now, bad news is the director is fucking terrible and the writer is making 7 different movies at once right now with no other credits other than those WIP movies. He's making Captain Marvel and Gotham City Sirens as well.... So this should be interesting.

• edited September 2017

So its a mix of reboot story with the boat and island and the trinity crap from second game. Thats incredibly bad idea, first one worked because the cult was kinda interesting and could have actually worked in the film. Also so generic, the I am probably dead videotape/hidden office, too much action, boring looking enemies. Jokes in the trailer fell flat. Kinda sad I liked that actress, she fits the role well and was great in latest Bourne film.

• This actually looks pretty good. But I say that about almost every video game movie and then it ends up sucking so I won’t get my hopes up.

• To me I think this new reboot of Tomb Raider will be a flop all video game movies have been

• edited November 2017

I mean the trailer looks good but that does not mean anything

• I'm actually really excited I wonder who will play Sully and Drake

Same goes to the upcoming Uncharted movie, they hired Tom Holland to play Young Nathan Drake.

• I wish Richard Mcgonagle would play Sully for the movie but I doubt he will because he is too old for this bullshit LOL.

Sbs1280 posted: »

I'm actually really excited I wonder who will play Sully and Drake

• Tom hanks may be good for Sully

I wish Richard Mcgonagle would play Sully for the movie but I doubt he will because he is too old for this bullshit LOL.

• But drake won't be hard to find

• I think Chris Pratt would be convincing enough.

Sbs1280 posted: »

But drake won't be hard to find

• From what I've gathered throughout the years, Nathan Drake is based of Nathan Fillion, so I would like that the most. Pratt would work. Anyone but Mark Wahlberg, really. Also, agreed on McGonagale as Sullivan.

I think Chris Pratt would be convincing enough.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.