Is there a believable way to bring back Lily and/or Christa?

The first argument that's normally used against Christa or Lily resurfacing is "realism." But could they return, if the circumstances were acceptable by TWD standards?

Tagged:

Comments

• Well, realism can be thrown out the window when it comes to TWD. Look at Kenny’s return in S2 and David’s return in ANF.

I’m sure fans will accept how Christa or Lily will return in The Final Season. It really doesn’t matter how they return, as long as it makes sense. Like having them run into Clem with another group makes sense.

• Fuck Realism. Season 2 more or less threw that out anyway.

And honestly, both had more of a chance than Kenny did anyway, so I say why not?

• Christa could easily...it could be that she has been trying to track down Clem for some time. As for Lily....I like to think she already came back in the game. The Kenny flashback....the first walker to chomp him was Lily...and to his horror...he recognized her.

• And honestly, both had more of a chance than Kenny did anyway, so I say why not?

Because the more it happens, the more ridiculous and cartoonish the series becomes. Someone made a decent point in another thread about how bizarre, unlikely events like this can actually happen in real life. But 2,3 or 4 times with the same character being involved? It's just too much. Maybe Lilly should have her own game away from Clementine.

DabigRG posted: »

Fuck Realism. Season 2 more or less threw that out anyway. And honestly, both had more of a chance than Kenny did anyway, so I say why not?

• Eh. All I know is after putting up with David's attempt of tragedy in From the Gallows, I never wanna see another guy like that be a major plot element in the Final Season.

And Christa and especially Lily more than deserve some love at this point, so I'm open to either. But mostly Lily.

wdfan posted: »

And honestly, both had more of a chance than Kenny did anyway, so I say why not? Because the more it happens, the more ridiculous an

• Well I doubt Lilly would come back because I don't remember where I saw it but I read that Lilly was supposed to come back in episode 5 of season 1 but that scene was cut. I think it had to do with why would Lilly even show up at Savana but sometimes life has a funny way of letting you meet people you know some where unexpected. I mean in the comics Morgan meets up with Rick again and no one really said anything about it being unrealistic. I am not saying I would like Lilly to return but if they do she better have some scars or something to make it seem like she survived for years.

Eh. All I know is after putting up with David's attempt of tragedy in From the Gallows, I never wanna see another guy like that be a major p

• Obviously, she'd change over the years, yes.

And I think the reason they cut her original comeback was because it would add an unnecessary third wheel to Lee's final conversation with Clementine.-

Well I doubt Lilly would come back because I don't remember where I saw it but I read that Lilly was supposed to come back in episode 5 of s

• edited October 2017

If TT wanted to bring back Christa or Lilly, they could've done so in ANF. They had the opportunity to have them be civilians at New Richmond or something but they didn't. I'm kind of hoping that they don't bring them back - not because I don't like them or anything, but because at this point it would just be stupid. Clementine's constantly on the move now, especially with AJ.

• Yes, because:

• Christa was migrating towards the general area where most survivors fled
    • Its ~4 years into the apocalypse--if there was a convenient time to reconvene, now would be it
    • We bump into people we haven't seen in years by coincidence in the most unexpected of places, so it can still happen in a ZA
    • Christa is surprisingly good at surviving despite all the road bumps
    • None of the Lilly characters have canonically died afaik. The exception is the AMC version, which isn't canon to the main continuity, and even she could've survived (but chose not to on account of feeling too betrayed by the Governer).
    • Lilly was scheduled to come back in S1 but didn't because Telltale couldn't fit it into the story, so if the cards are on the table for anyone, it would be her.
    • They're both not definitively dead, so they have as much chance to come back as Christa/Omid/Kenny did in S2.
    • We don't even need to argue in favor of believability--them magically putting Sarah under the deck and Kenny just "getting lucky" means that they can justifiably bring back both Christa and Lilly without giving believable reason. Props to them if they do, though, along with retconning/expanding on events and characters from previous games since TFS needs to blow S2 and ANF out of the water.

Personally, I hope they at least come back in flashbacks, but I doubt they will even be mentioned by Clem or staff.

• There is no supernatural force keeping people who've met away from eachother. The chances of Clem finding Lilly, Christa or any other random survivor are the exact same.

...though I'm not sure it's a good idea for those characters to be handed over to Telltale's current team... Best we remember them as they were.

• I have the idea about not digging up old characters, I wanna see new characters that have good development.

• Yeah. Honestly, these meet-ups are actually pretty believable.

The world is a lot smaller in TWD populationwise. Kenny and Clementine meet at a way point for a lot of travelers after Kenny settles down there. Javier and David meet at one of the few remaining big settlements. It's not that far of a stretch. There's not a lot of places with people anymore, so it's not that big of a coincidence that people wind up finding each other again in the few areas there is.

• I've seen numerous people say that either Christa or Lily or both, can be apart of a new kinda survival group off the grid, with some sort of authority (totally different from TNF). Either a lieutenant or even the front woman. Similar to the whisperers, but not entirely. But it'll probably be way too much. Too many questions, too many wanting more from it and ultimately wanting their story to continue. Kinda like the "Clem-effect".

• can be apart of a new kinda survival group off the grid, with some sort of authority (totally different from TNF). Either a lieutenant or even the front woman.

That's kind of what I'm hoping for. Lilly would probably want a low rank position out of fear if her paranoia takes over again. And for Christa, the same, but maybe a different group that meets Clementine and connects with meeting Lilly's group. Trying to connect the dots and plot.

I've seen numerous people say that either Christa or Lily or both, can be apart of a new kinda survival group off the grid, with some sort o

• I agree that the Lily sounds decent on paper, but part of me doesn't think she or maybe even Christa would be too eager about being in a group unless they truly feel safe doing so.

I've seen numerous people say that either Christa or Lily or both, can be apart of a new kinda survival group off the grid, with some sort o

• Lilly would probably want a low rank position out of fear if her paranoia takes over again.

Yeah, this is something I factor into my recent theories as well.

MaconMajr posted: »

can be apart of a new kinda survival group off the grid, with some sort of authority (totally different from TNF). Either a lieutenant or ev

• edited October 2017

Depends on what you see as realistic. If bringing back Kenny and long lost brother David was realistic, than yes, and it's very easy. If you want something more realistic, than it's would be hard. To make it realistic a character would have to have a major presence, like being a leader of a very big group that everyone within a huge area knows about. A leader, not a member, because the leader would be the one to travel the most. A group like the Fireflies or the Military from The Last of Us. But it's hard to imagine groups of this scale in The Walking Dead universe, so I am sure if it's even possible.

• Glad to hear, my thoughts have merit to them.

Lilly would probably want a low rank position out of fear if her paranoia takes over again. Yeah, this is something I factor into my recent theories as well.

• Well, it does make perfect sense given what lead to her exit from the story.

But you're welcome.

MaconMajr posted: »

Glad to hear, my thoughts have merit to them.

• DabigRG posted: »

I agree that the Lily sounds decent on paper, but part of me doesn't think she or maybe even Christa would be too eager about being in a group unless they truly feel safe doing so.

• edited October 2017

Lilly: Make her head of security at the Mc Carroll Ranch and meet Clem there.

Christa: Have her enter Richmond and meet Clem there at the end of the Season.

• Head of Security...of a Ranch?

patrickrc95 posted: »

Lilly: Make her head of security at the Mc Carroll Ranch and meet Clem there. Christa: Have her enter Richmond and meet Clem there at the end of the Season.

• edited October 2017

How about a Motor Inn? (Reference to Season 1)

Head of Security...of a Ranch?

• Yeah, but that was a motor inn she was specifically the leader of and they were able to have/make barricades to protect them. A ranch, on the other hand, is much larger and likely has picket fences more than brick walls.

How about a Motor Inn? (Reference to Season 1)

• Remember the St. John's Dairy? They had Electrified Fences there.

Yeah, but that was a motor inn she was specifically the leader of and they were able to have/make barricades to protect them. A ranch, on the other hand, is much larger and likely has picket fences more than brick walls.

• True.

Remember the St. John's Dairy? They had Electrified Fences there.

• No. They couldn't have. At least not with making ANF much worse. Clementine was probably the biggest drain on the story as so *much had to be made to fit her. Her storyline, while fitting the rest of the series, has nothing to really do with Javier's story. Bringing back Christa or Lily during it would just further detract Javier's story.

*An example: ANF taking over Richmond within a few months and apparently already having a bad winter rather than just being there whole time. Everything points to a well-established government than a group that just took over (and presumably violently since Jesus believes his friends are dead) once you no longer need to have an excuse to have Clementine to accompany you (and he flashback).

cleminist posted: »

If TT wanted to bring back Christa or Lilly, they could've done so in ANF. They had the opportunity to have them be civilians at New Richmon

• Christa, yes for the plot's sake and continuity.

Lily, not so much, I can't really see what else add to her character development.

• I wanna see new characters that have good development.

MrJava posted: »

I have the idea about not digging up old characters, I wanna see new characters that have good development.

• I think for the sake of the plot, Christa HAS to come back. If this is going to to be the final season, with the issues surrounding her failed pregnancy and Clem's role in Omid's death, it would be such a cop out if her fate is left unknown. Plus, the season will be better for it, realistic or not.

Lily's return, outside of her just being the person who shot Doug/Carley, there's not a lot else to go on, unless you want to use her for some redemption or familiar villain arc. I'd be fine with her being omitted from the final season.

• She would be the one other character besides Clem who was at "ground zero" (i.e. episode 1 season 1), so her return might have a little more dramatic impact than Christa's.

fallandir posted: »

Christa, yes for the plot's sake and continuity. Lily, not so much, I can't really see what else add to her character development.

• While yes i do think that Christa and Lily ((one or the other)) should come back there s literally no way telltale can reintroduce them without having alot of the Fanbase saying its unrealistic.

• can be apart of a new kinda survival group off the grid, with some sort of authority (totally different from TNF). Either a lieutenant or even the front woman.

This is what I was hoping to see in ANF, if there was a greater time to have shown Christa or Lily (especially Lily) taking charge of a surviving colony, it would have been ANF in my opinion.

• It's not like they really payed certain portions of the fanbase much mind back in Season 2 and honestly, it's gotten to the point that it really doesn't matter if they do now.

UrbanRodrik posted: »

While yes i do think that Christa and Lily ((one or the other)) should come back there s literally no way telltale can reintroduce them without having alot of the Fanbase saying its unrealistic.

• Bringing back Christa or Lily during it would just further detract Javier's story.

Thats a good point; I take my comment back. However I still agree with what I said - they had some opportunities to bring the characters back, like in season 2 for example.

No. They couldn't have. At least not with making ANF much worse. Clementine was probably the biggest drain on the story as so *much had to b

• No there isn't.
    But this is telltale so don't worry about reality.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.