Composite Characters

123457»

Comments

• Whoever made that is a genius. :joy:

I know right! Both Gabe and Javier are so mesmerized. :grin: Here's another one.

This person is a she, a friend of mine, and makes avatars as well:
    enter image description here enter image description here enter image description here enter image description here enter image description here enter image description here enter image description here
    enter image description here enter image description here enter image description here enter image description here enter image description here enter image description here enter image description here
    You can see more here.

:lol: Yeah, I do. That would've some shit if it actually happened, though; the looks on everyone's faces....

I know! :D Javier would tease him a lot.

Hey, maybe he was working his way up to "I got a gun you might be interested in seeing--fully cocked and ready for testing. Wanna be the one to pull the trigger?" :smirk:

My life is complete. Uncle Javi taught him well. I wanna see Ava's reaction to this. :joy:

Since he is going to use guns for Ava, I wonder what moves he would make on our sweet, soft-spoken and busty nurse Eleanor~

Deleted Gabe scene, you saw it here first:
    enter image description here

I kinda wish he was into older girls now, it would have made him more entertaining to watch. He probably has to be a little older himself, too. Oh well.

Gabe: (about Ava) Swiggity swooty, I am coming for that booty~
    Clementine: * comes on the scene *
    Gabe: Oh shit.
    Telltale: You're gonna love Clem now, Gabe.
    Gabe: But--
    Telltale: * plays "I wanna know what love is" *
    Gabe: * suddenly has a crush on Clementine *

Did you see the eyes he gave her before they kissed? How can someone be so SMOOTH before dying???
    Clementine also seems entertained by the fact that he has a crush on her. STAY AWAY FROM MAH NEPHEW!

Oh, cripes! :joy:

Though if Javier's comments are any indication, that was already taken care of.(Thank goodness!)

Hopefully!

Oh yeah, I forgot that existed. Probably cause very few people were actually discussing stuff and I hadn't actually put together much of what I wanted to say at the time. I might just bump it after all.

Shitbirds and Babykillers-- How can you forget this one? :grin: It's on your discussion list at the very bottom of your profile page. I wonder, how many threads do you have?
    I really like your discussions. They are interesting topics, you talk about reoccuring problems in the games and the titles are the best part!

DabigRG posted: »

Whoever made that is a genius. Remember when we thought that Gabe would get distracted by Ava? Yeah, I do. That would've som

• :joy:

Gasp He ain't old! He is 18!

Yeah, I learned that when I got Sonic Heroes. Along with the fact that he's a cat. :p

The teaser for Sonic Boom. Amy swears in it. She said "hell" or "fuck", I don't quite remember. I think it was "hell".

Hm...can't seem to find which one that'd refer to, so beats me. I doubt that was the case though.

Fangirl101 posted: »

Oh yeah, my first (and accidental) experience to Sonic after the McDonald's games and seeing the Gamecube remakes in Walmart. I think I w

• I know right! Both Gabe and Javier are so mesmerized. :grin: Here's another one.

This person is a she, a friend of mine, and makes avatars as well:
    You can see more here.

Cool! Your friend got some talent!

Also, I love how those include Sarah absentmindedly sticking someone up and Gabe stepping in shit.

I know! :D Javier would tease him a lot.

Yeah. But the community...?

My life is complete. Uncle Javi taught him well. I wanna see Ava's reaction to this. :joy:

Ch'yeah buddy! :lol:

Since he is going to use guns for Ava, I wonder what moves he would make on our sweet, soft-spoken and busty nurse Eleanor~

Since when did he have more than one... :smirk:

Deleted Gabe scene, you saw it here first:

:joy:
    That's a good nostalgic movie from my daycare/afternoon days, btw.

I kinda wish he was into older girls now, it would have made him more entertaining to watch. He probably has to be a little older himself, too. Oh well.

Yeah, I really did too. I only really considered it after Thicker than Water's weird fake out, but damn is it interesting for some reason. :grin:

Gabe: (about Ava) Swiggity swooty, I am coming for that booty~
    Clementine: * comes on the scene *
    Gabe: Oh shit.
    Telltale: You're gonna love Clem now, Gabe.
    Gabe: But--
    Telltale: * plays "I wanna know what love is" *
    Gabe: * suddenly has a crush on Clementine *

Pretty much. :lol: :unamused:

Did you see the eyes he gave her before they kissed? How can someone be so SMOOTH before dying???

Well, he is dying.

Maybe it's just what cums naturally.

Clementine also seems entertained by the fact that he has a crush on her. STAY AWAY FROM MAH NEPHEW!

J'YEAH! YOU LITTLE BALLCATCHIN SUCCUBUS!

Shitbirds and Babykillers-- How can you forget this one? :grin:
    It's on your discussion list at the very bottom of your profile page.

Oh really? I didn't know we could see that. .

I wonder, how many threads do you have?

I'd say about 20 by now, but I'd have to check.

I really like your discussions. They are interesting topics, you talk about reoccuring problems in the games and the titles are the best part!

Thanks babe! I aim for in-depth, personal deconstruction.

Whoever made that is a genius. I know right! Both Gabe and Javier are so mesmerized. Here's another one. This person is a she,

• edited September 2017

Buricko and Vitali
    enter image description here+enter image description here=enter image description here

Okay, so this is a minor, but infamous issue in Season 2.5: these two guys got swapped around in between episodes and that included getting each other's weapon. Apparently, the names got swapped at some point in development and the modeler's didn't catch on until it was too late. According to Bossman (@Deltino), the model file confirms Buricko is indeed the bald guy and Vitali is the other guy; not only that, but the script/dialogue files for No Going Back in particular confirms that Buricko was indeed supposed to be [the name of] the one fighting Kenny, disregarding Arvo's safety, and getting stabbed by Jane, which makes a lot more sense given the continuity and symbolism it has with the events of Amid the Ruins.

So as a result, I personally elect to go with what the files intended and have it be so! A fair bit of [my] headcanon and symbolism goes out the window doing that, but ah well!

• Seriously what happened to Big there?

Yeah, I learned that when I got Sonic Heroes. Along with the fact that he's a cat. :p

Well, that makes his design unique, you know.

Hm...can't seem to find which one that'd refer to, so beats me. I doubt that was the case though.

I am probably wrong, it was a long time ago.

Gasp He ain't old! He is 18! Yeah, I learned that when I got Sonic Heroes. Along with the fact that he's a cat. The teaser fo

• Seriously what happened to Big there?

I have no fuckin clue. Whatever it was, it fucked his textures up something fierce--except he doesn't even have pink on him!

Well, that makes his design unique, you know.

That it does. Plus, there's a picture or two out of cats that really do look similar to that. Okay, maybe not purple, though there are blue cats which is close enough.

Seriously what happened to Big there? Yeah, I learned that when I got Sonic Heroes. Along with the fact that he's a cat. Well

• Note: Okay, so we're gonna do some weird ass crossover with my wasted concept thread by the end here, so feel free to give you thoughts on this post in either thread! Or do both--I don't give hoot as long as you're entertained/educated!

Woo, looks like we got a technical threeway going on here, babes and johns!

Anita Garcia, Grace, Garcia, and Gabe's mom
    enter image description here+enter image description here=enter image description here

Anita Garcia was the sister of Javier and David, the wife of Hector, and most notably, the mom of Marianna. I believe that was meant to be her in the family photo and while she was gonna be dead during ANF regardless, any actual mention in the story proper was presumably dummied out fairly late in development before/around the time the dialogue was changed to have Marianna be David's daughter instead.

Grace Garcia was the original name and model of Kate during earlier parts of development before the game had reached a point where it was ready to be officially promoted. This was most likely changed fairly late in the initial development since she still shows up in a copy of the Episode 1 title card. This may have been done in part to make her look more like someone Javier would be attracted to when they implemented the so-called love triangle. Thus, Grace's original model is just left in the files, though it's very possible that it was reused as Huh-Chick(a Prescott citizen who is distressed by Eli's murder) and remodeled into Shades-Chick(one of Clint's personal guards) and TTB!Jane.

And finally, Gabe's mom(or rather, because of the change I noted above, Gabe and Marianna's mom), who despite her relevance to the family dynamic, is only really mentioned as a memory by the latter in the junkyard hub sequence(which I somehow missed on my first playthrough, btw), namely that she used to tell her a story that she always thought was kinda dumb but she appreciates it nonetheless. Which is a shame because given that family is a huge theme in ANF, you'd think we'd learn more about David's wife considering it was initially assumed that Gabe apparently resented Kate in part for not being, acting like, and/or even trying to replace her and even Mariana subtlely admits to secretly missing her, but nope. Gotta focus on her husbando. Then again, the same can somewhat be said for Mariana herself, but one thing at a time here.

So ultimately, that leaves us with technically TWO family members that had no relevance to the story proper, one of which ended up being unnamed and nominally playing the small but important role of both in the backstory. So, because Grace was reworked into Kate before the game was ready to be officially promoted and Gabe’s mom also goes unnamed and unmentioned(for some reason), I elect we follow through with the final product’s example and make all three the same character.

• enter image description here + enter image description here = enter image description here

Use most of David's screentime to develop our crew.

A New Frontier is supposed to follow Javier in his quest to protect his family. However, David, who appears after 4 years of absence, takes the spotlight from most of the, if not the entire cast, including Javier and the game becomes David-centric quite fast. We had the same problem in Season 2 with cough Kenny cough, who was pretty much the focus of the season, restraining every possibility of fleshing out the Cabin Group, which had good characters who deserved attention.
    Don't get me wrong, it was good to see that David being caring towards his brother, son and ex(?)-wife. But he felt like the Kenny of the season. We spent almost the entire game solving his problems instead of focusing on characters that were begging to be developed(Eleanor, Kate, Conrad, etc.). There are so many concepts and character dynamics that would have made the story engaging and interesting.
    The approach for David's character was good, but they ruined it by constantly shoving it in our faces.

• Liar.

Hey baby, I don't hate the cutesy chub--I just didn't particularly care for what she is in the context of everything else.

• So here's a question that I think is better equipped to be posted here: Let's say that if Kenny didn't return in Season 2, how would you have liked the story to have been directed and/or which character(s) would you have like to seen pick up the "slack"?

• Pretty much everyone that is not called Kenny. :D

So here's a question that I think is better equipped to be posted here: Let's say that if Kenny didn't return in Season 2, how would you ha

• Well, obviously. :lol: What I meant was for everyone to suggest their alternative(s). Just to see what everyone came up with individually.

Pretty much everyone that is not called Kenny.

• I know, I just wanted to say that cause it's the dayum truth.

Anyway, I wanted to know more about Alvin and Rebecca. How they met, fall in love, what did they do for living, how were they coping with the apocalypse in the beginning, etc.
    Carlos is another character I wanted to see pick up the slack. I know I am in the minority here, but I liked him. He is really underrated, imo. Is there something interesting about him that was scrapped?
    Sarita is also a character I wanted to see more of. There are so many things I wanted to know about her... :cry:

Well, obviously. What I meant was for everyone to suggest their alternative(s). Just to see what everyone came up with individually.

• edited October 2017

Cool! Your friend got some talent!

She does indeed! I want to find out how they are made so I can make some myself. She hasn't been active recently I hope she is alright...
    Speaking of tumblr, you ain't touching that confession blog ever again! :angry: You have no idea how insulted and uncomfortable you made me feel when you posted the Eleanor confession in the meme thread. The fuckng meme thread. Sigh It hurts when I think about it...
    I did not make it to be posted in the meme thread so people can make fun of it. It was also submitted after Episode 4 came out. But people obviously wouldn't care. I could feel my self esteem lowering.
    I just wanted to get this off my chest. I hate what you did, but I know you didn't have bad intentions. I hold no grudges against you, believe me. It's actually obvious! :blush:

Also, I love how those include Sarah absentmindedly sticking someone up and Gabe stepping in shit.

Wait, what?
    Also, if you want a Gabe avatar, use one of these. I've seen you with avatars that are not from the settings.

Yeah. But the community...?

They'll be minding their own bussiness~

Since when did he have more than one... :smirk:

He'll want Eleanor to teach him anathomy, you know. ;)

Pretty much. :lol: :unamused:

He wasn't even interested in her!!! Like, okay, you can develop a little crush, but this one escalated quickly.

Episode 2!Gabe: Eh. She is alright. [obviously not interested.]
    Episode 3!Gabe: I wish she was here. [this was realistic, I guess, especially after what happens in the tunnel].
    Episode 4!Gabe: (suddenly has a crush on her.)
    Episode 5!Gabe: (gives her the kiss me eyes before they actually kiss [determinately])

Oh really? I didn't know we could see that.

Yes. But you can see only the last 5 at the bottom.

I'd say about 20 by now, but I'd have to check.

29 now! :joy: What was you first thread about?

Thanks babe! I aim for in-depth, personal deconstruction.

Proud of you, love!

I know right! Both Gabe and Javier are so mesmerized. Here's another one. This person is a she, a friend of mine, and makes avatars

• Whatever it was, it fucked his textures up something fierce--except he doesn't even have pink on him!

It certainly did! The pink is definitely from Amy's model. But damn!
    Is this gif from a video?

That it does. Plus, there's a picture or two out of cats that really do look similar to that. Okay, maybe not purple, though there are blue cats which is close enough.

Real life cats or...? I am so confused.
    And yes, blue cats do exist. They have gray fur.
    I have to say, I really like Blaze's design, too.

Seriously what happened to Big there? I have no fuckin clue. Whatever it was, it fucked his textures up something fierce--except he

• It certainly did! The pink is definitely from Amy's model. But damn!

Yeah, but not on Big. Is the glitch trying to tell us something?

Is this gif from a video?

Yep.

Real life cats or...? I am so confused.

Real Cats.

I have to say, I really like Blaze's design, too.

Yeah, she does look cool, if a little analogous.

Whatever it was, it fucked his textures up something fierce--except he doesn't even have pink on him! It certainly did! The pink is

• i think id have done more on Nick Removed his Determinant status so that it would be possible for him to be more involved instead of being there but not being able to do much because determinant .
    I think having him survive and have to go thought Luke s death ((as i would not have killed Sarah off in the way telltale did at worst id just have made her determinant in No going back.))
    and then having an arc where he tries to become what he admires in Luke while Also doing his best to help the rest of the group.
    Id also Have given Sarah an arc where she slowly begins to accept her father s death and Clem helps her thought the process of that Grief.

So here's a question that I think is better equipped to be posted here: Let's say that if Kenny didn't return in Season 2, how would you ha

• Okay, I had to rebrush myself on what question/post you were answering to get your context.

Yeah, they probably shouldn't have made him determinant in the first place if they knew/foresaw either that he'd develop a following or that there was truly nothing else to do with him. Making him determinant just had an extra body there in an episode that was filled with characters, plot progression, and expectations of promised backstory.

Two questions:
    What happens to the rivalry element with Kenny still dead?
    How exactly does the situation and choice involving Walter play out?

UrbanRodrik posted: »

i think id have done more on Nick Removed his Determinant status so that it would be possible for him to be more involved instead of being t

• Not sure what i would have done with the rivalry part but about the choice with Walter id make some aspects of the choice remain with Walter Only Helping Nick if you say the right things in the scene and then instead of Nick dying to the walker have the Walker Bite Nick in the arm and then Nick Pushes the Lurker away and stomps its head in.
    When Carver ambushes the group the scene would remain mostly the same except Carver sees the bite ((After you either go look for Luke and kenny or surprender)) and says that they cant have that Carver then would tell Troy to Cut Nick s arm off Proceeding to tell someone to stop the bleeding. ((If Nick Loses his hand id have him be unconscious up until they get to Howe s and have him be surprised because of what happened but Troy hits him with a gun and tells him to move .))

Okay, I had to rebrush myself on what question/post you were answering to get your context. Yeah, they probably shouldn't have made him d

• :O_O:...Well that's metal.

Interesting way of handling that: Nick still get's some form of consequence for what happened and the plot point about chopping off bites is utilized.

Not sure what i would have done with the rivalry part but about the choice with Walter id make some aspects of the choice remain with Walter

• Still i think that s something carver would have done.

:O_O:...Well that's metal. Interesting way of handling that: Nick still get's some form of consequence for what happened and the plot point about chopping off bites is utilized.

• I guess.

Still i think that s something carver would have done.

• I already posted a better written Luke and Carver as being able to eliminate the need for Kenny and Jane but I have thought of some characters who could be combined.

Luke = Nick. They had similar backgrounds and looked similar. Heck, Luke even wore Nick's hat in the concept drawings. The game already had Sarah. Why have two "screw ups"? Combining Nick with Luke would have given Telltale more time to devote to Sarah since she and Nick both got crap deaths and simultaneously gave Luke a much needed dark side.

Shel = Jane. In addition to giving more screentime to 400 Days characters, Shel is a lot more likable and morally grounded than Jane and shares the little sister story.

Bonnie = Mike. Since Telltale scrapped Mike's original backstory along with much of his development and he plays much the same role as Bonnie, they could have left all the backstabbing to her.

Kate = Eleanor post Prescott. It would have been an interesting twist had Kate went to Joan if Javi refused to leave with her. She would sell out David in return for ensuring her safety along with Javi's and Gabe's. Joan would find out through other channels if you agreed to leave. Eleanor does little after leaving Prescott.

• Ah, a fresh contribution!

Luke = Nick. They had similar backgrounds and looked similar. Heck, Luke even wore Nick's hat in the concept drawings.

Eh...I know there are other people who made similar cases and I've tossed around this idea myself a few times. How exactly would the story changed to reflect this in your mind?

The game already had Sarah. Why have two "screw ups"?

It's funny you say that considering Sarah was more or less given a very downgraded version of that role since Nick was determinant. To the point that she does exactly ONE thing that remotely counts in the expected sense and then the absent Jane suddenly treats her like a lost cause in the following episode. Hell, even the fuckin walkback scene is the pretty much the same except Luke is a second opinion instead of the one pointing out a problem.

Shel = Jane. In addition to giving more screentime to 400 Days characters, Shel is a lot more likable and morally grounded than Jane and shares the little sister story.

You know what's weird about this? You're not the only person I've seen say this.

Bonnie = Mike. Since Telltale scrapped Mike's original backstory along with much of his development and he plays much the same role as Bonnie, they could have left all the backstabbing to her.

Mmm...I guess. BonniexArvo, ya'll!

Kate = Eleanor post Prescott. It would have been an interesting twist had Kate went to Joan if Javi refused to leave with her. She would sell out David in return for ensuring her safety along with Javi's and Gabe's. Joan would find out through other channels if you agreed to leave. Eleanor does little after leaving Prescott.

Not gonna lie, that actually sounds interesting. Eleanor doing was more or less tacked on in the game proper, probably because she was originally designed as Joan's long lost daughter but allegedly changed too much during development for this to be the case.

Bonbomb posted: »

I already posted a better written Luke and Carver as being able to eliminate the need for Kenny and Jane but I have thought of some characte

Sign in to comment in this discussion.