Episode 4 spoiler discussion.

Well the episode is all over YouTube and probably out on other digital stores so yeah here’s the place where you can discuss the episode. I’ll post here once I played it.

Tagged:

Comments

• How the fuck do you get it early

• It was a very sad episode, I really enjoyed it though! It was nice to see some more of Drax's backstory. Although, I will say that I'm rather disappointed that the ending was determined by the Drax choice rather than your relationship with each Guardian.

• What are the choices in the episode?

• Okay...never mind then.

AnimalBoy posted: »

What are the choices in the episode?

• I'm guessing:

• Go to the campgrounds or turn back
    • Side with Rocket or Gamorra
    • Keep the worm or throw him out
    • Go through the mouth or the anus
    • Let Drax sacrifice himself or stop him

Okay...never mind then.

• I went to campground
    Sided with Gamora
    Kept Hungry
    Went through the Anus
    Sacrificed Drax (He wont be dead. He will be back in episode 5)

prink34320 posted: »

I'm guessing: * Go to the campgrounds or turn back * Side with Rocket or Gamorra * Keep the worm or throw him out * Go through the mouth or the anus * Let Drax sacrifice himself or stop him

• I really liked this episode overall and found it to be pretty fantastic! The music choice in particular was also surprisingly good.

• Goddammit, I'm not going to lie, this episode hit me in the feels with both Nebula and Drax, the latter of which I was not expecting at all, though I guess it does make sense since he was never in any of the "Next time on," segments. Best episode of the series so far, especially in the music department (Stone Cold Crazy for the win) as well as the musical references (Bowie, Bennie and the Jets, The Day The Music Died).

• edited October 2017

Man,I want to play it too,I still haven't gotten the episode yet and I'm on Xbox One

• This was a pretty bad episode imo... the whole season led up to the eternity forge choice and Hala, just for us to literally spend the next episode lost in a cave and a worms stomach. What kind of direction is that?

Also annoyed by the final choice. The wording was [Help Drax] not [Sacrifice Drax], I thought I was going to help him out so I rewound once he died. Then Groot got burned but half his body was invisible for the rest of the game.

Then most of the guardians left despite all my choices except for Gamora, and I have no idea what determined it all and I'm just kind of frustrated and ready for the series to end.

• So, for those of you guys who had Nebula stay this episode, how does Episode 4 play out?

• She is carried around by Groot, then she dies back at the ship and can determinately tell Gamora she loves her as her dying words

So, for those of you guys who had Nebula stay this episode, how does Episode 4 play out?

• Wait, Nebula can die too? What causes her death if she stays with the Guardians? In my story, she stayed a villain and is basically MIA.

She is carried around by Groot, then she dies back at the ship and can determinately tell Gamora she loves her as her dying words

• edited October 2017

I thought it was good, especially the second half. All the emotional bits were great and hit pretty hard, and the music sequence near the end was really good as well. It felt like something from Tales from the Borderlands. Drax probably has my favourite flashback out of the Guardians so far. The length was pretty good as well with me clocking at an hour and 50 minutes.

I wish the outcome of the episode was based off of your relationship with everyone rather than just being the final choice. Which is weird because the whole series felt like it was leading up to exactly that.

Aside from the slow middle, I think this is the best episode so far and I await the final episode. I hope Telltale pulls it off and makes it all worthwhile.

• They didn't get the episode early - they are referring to people wanting to discuss spoilers from early playthroughs on YouTube. These early playthroughs are from prominent Streamers/Let's Play'ers getting early access or PSN Players in Australia downloading the episode around a day or so early.

How the fuck do you get it early

• You just have to make sure Gamora and Nebula don't hate each other and she'll join the Guardians, she'll get injured at the end of the last episode and succumb to her wounds midway through episode 4.

Wait, Nebula can die too? What causes her death if she stays with the Guardians? In my story, she stayed a villain and is basically MIA.

• edited October 2017

Excellent penultimate episode. I was very worried about being stuck for the entire episode (which pretty much is what happened) buuuut this is easily the most well written episode yet (outside of some weird toilet humor that didn't hit me at all). They handled Nebula's death beautifully, and it was a constant focus for as long as it needed to be before "shit hit the fan". The interactions with the guardians was great with well needed slower moments (like getting to pick what Peter should keep/throw out) and enough fast paced moments, specifically the worm fight, which got so intense the game crashed SEVERAL times in the same spot, but got it fixing and had to make a terrible choice where I really regretted the outcome...At least Drax was happy.

Its not all good sadly with the whole crashing, AND having the guardians disband over one choice was a lazy move on Telltale. I have been terrible to Rocket, and while I understand striking the wrong chord with Gamora after Nebula dying in her arms...I dunno Rocket sorta just being like "we're buds cause you listened to Drax" after everything I did against him feels...off.

But all around rad episode, which ironically had more happen than both the 1st and 2nd episode with just as much time and only being set in one single location. (almost 2 hours)

• She jumps in front of Hala's spear to save Gamorra at the end of episode 3 and dies from her wounds later

Wait, Nebula can die too? What causes her death if she stays with the Guardians? In my story, she stayed a villain and is basically MIA.

• I agree that it would've been cool if they made it more contingent on the culmination of past choices, but even so, the story arc seems interesting so I'm game to see where they take it in episode 5.

Excellent penultimate episode. I was very worried about being stuck for the entire episode (which pretty much is what happened) buuuut this

• edited October 2017

Well I just finished the episode.. And I'm both saddened and shocked at where my story went. Will update soon.

EDIT: Look down.

• I liked being able to confess your romantic feelings to Gamora

• Wait what? You can do this? How?

I liked being able to confess your romantic feelings to Gamora

• If you go with Gamora in the tunnel scene (and maybe you have to side with her in previous episodes too), you will have a 1 on 1 scene with her where she talks about wanting to leave the Guardians since she "always hurts the people she loves." If you ask her to stay, you then get presented with more dialogue options to explain why you want her to stay; one of the dialogue options basically gives you the option to imply a romantic attraction towards Gamora.

lupinb0y posted: »

Wait what? You can do this? How?

• edited October 2017

Well this was an incredible episode. It turned out way better than I thought. Despite the fact that it mostly took place in one location -- caves -- it had a lot of good moments, interesting mechanics, and a wild ride. It would have been nearly perfect if not for a distracting bug at the end.

• First of all, this was one of the better "Previously On segments", at least performance-wise. Usually there can be a large gap in between recap events because it's reading the files or choices of those scenes. I do not like that, as it can kill the flow of the segment. But this one had none, if not barely any.
    • Some really nice opening credits. The song was good, and the falling through the title card was cool. Having Peter and Mantis fade into white silhouettes near the end made me think we'd get some stylized music video. Alas, it was not to be.
    • The following flashback was interesting. Had some cool gameplay mechanics, not yet seen in a telltale game "Rotate R stick to tune the radio" A small thing, but cool nonetheless. Telltale Innovation, little by little! {First Minecraft with combat and crafting, what next?)
    • Choosing the worm's name (and being nice to the worm) was a nice thing to have. "Obviously a Death Trap" is the right answer, "Obviously". Seeing as how I got Mantis to call me "Star Lord Baby" in the previous episode was a nice touch. Keep giving us these small, but worthwhile choices guys!
    • This episode has some of the most choices and permutations I think a Telltale game has ever had. Nebula as an enemy/friend, Hala having army/superpowers, going with Rocket/Gamora and getting even more choices and permutations within those choices..., other things that I will mention soon...
    • The "stealth" element of moving slowly through the worms' lair was a nice addition. Telltale Innovation, little by little!
    • Nebula's death was a surprise. I thought she'd make it through this episode... but no. I wasn't really feeling sad in the moments leading up to her death, but when she told Gamora her true feelings about her, and then died... that nearly broke me. I was almost brought to tears. The moments that followed when everyone mentioned their favourite thing about her did not help. I truly was almost brought to tears. "Haha, I'm sad now."
    • The next freewalk was very good. Had very light puzzle elements involved with the Jet Boots heat meter (or was it fuel?) Telltale Innovation, little by little!
    • As I mentioned in the details thread, you can ask Drax if he kept his blades, and he asks you to rename them. I chose Mork and Mindy. Naming things in this episode is fun! Really adding all these determinant elements to it all! Unfortunately, I didn't hear him say those names out loud later on in the episode, so hopefully once he makes his return in Episode 5, he'll say it. Regardless, it was cool for Telltale to add that sub-choice.
    • One big problem I had with the episode was the end, simply due to a bug. When Groot got burnt after I wouldn't help Drax his torso, arms, and legs all became invisible, and he became a floating head over legs. This happened for both the short time in the Milano, and back at Knowhere. Here are some pictures, One, Two, and Three {giving Groot a handshake}.

Overall, this was a packed episode, both in choices and story bits. The slow downtime helped each member show their feelings about the current situation, and it was good. Kind of like Guardians Vol. 2 .. that movie was mostly about the Guardians spilling their feelings all over the audience. It was good, and so was this.
    Unfortunately, due to the distracting bug, I'm going to have to knock a point down. So if I were any good at giving ratings, this would be a 9/10. This series has been so good so far, and the team behind it are amazing. The breadth of choices is insane, and I applaud them for it. I want to say thank you for this series, and I have faith it'll end really well.

• It was a pretty good episode, and taking into consideration it was a penultimate episode, which I usually dislike, that's really saying something. I think the interactions were mostly pretty natural and believable, at least with the choices I made. After that shitshow that was the penultimate episode of GoT when it came to the dialogue related to some choices, I'm always careful when saying the dialogue was cohesive because maybe it wasn't that case for other choices.

When Groot got hurt because I didn't let Drax sacrifice himself, it gave me such a heartache. I really thought for a good full minute Groot wasn't going to make it. And seeing him hurt like that, it was awful.

I do not regret any of my choices. I hate that Nebula died, but it was a beautiful scene and I think I prefer her story to end on a happy note with Gamora than having her as an enemy.

Also I kept the worm and called it Bowie.

• edited October 2017

The Day The Music Died

American Pie (song) reference? Where?

Goddammit, I'm not going to lie, this episode hit me in the feels with both Nebula and Drax, the latter of which I was not expecting at all,

• I got it when I decided to get rid of the tape deck player.

AChicken posted: »

The Day The Music Died American Pie (song) reference? Where?

• edited October 2017

get rid of the tape deck player

how could you you're dead to me :rage:

Hold on, if you did that, was there any licenced music playing during the chase sequence? (Unless you had your streamer-friendly music on...)

I got it when I decided to get rid of the tape deck player.

• edited October 2017

Peter had his headphones on and told everyone they were missing out lol

AChicken posted: »

get rid of the tape deck player how could you you're dead to me Hold on, if you did that, was there any licenced music playing during the chase sequence? (Unless you had your streamer-friendly music on...)

• I feel like Guardians of the Galaxy is currently the best Telltale game when it comes to choices and consequences.

• I have to admit I was worried at first when I realised the episode really is going to be about escaping the caves, but that was so unnecessary. This was even better than the previous one. There are so many things I loved that I could mention but I would just be repeating what everyone has said so.. I thought it was odd too that the relationships with the Guardians didn't affect who stays but now I don't even care, I know the finale is going to be great. And Rocket staying with Peter actually fits how I played because I've been trying to do that from the beginning. Such a sad ending otherwise, can't believe Drax is dead.. hoping he's not. And I'm mad about Nebula. But I love my new worm buddy! Burst out laughing when the notification "Bowie will remember that" popped up.

Am I the only one who kept hugging the daughter as Drax thinking it's sweet while completely forgetting they're actually squeezing Peter? Cause I sure as hell did and felt stupid lmao

• After it being delayed on Xbox I finally got to play it and it was good! I really regret letting Drax go and the only person that stayed on the guardians was Rocket. And Hala has the forge which I also really regret empowering the forge last ep. Also is there a way Nebula doesn’t die? I’m pretty sure she has to be a villain to stay alive. Overall good episode 8/10.

• This made me think of 400 days. Not like those choices mattered either but I would've liked a bit more freedom.

All my prior choices ignored for one to decide the sole remaining Guardian? The irony is i've backed Gamora 90% of the time and Rocket ends up my only ally.

• Episode was good (not finished it yet because I got freeze so couldn't proceed further than Drax with Groot fighting worms near the end) but I am dissapointed with:
    1. All that matter at the end is if Drax died or not. Like all other choices are meaningless. I know how Telltale handle things but I am really missing outcomes like in Mass Effect 2 where you could save everyone or almost everyone die (including main character). Here you can be rude to Gamora/Rocket 100% of times and still they will come with you.

I wish at the end there will be possible outcomes like 4x MIA or 5x deceased or 5x guardian, or scenarios like Halaa wins. But I am 99% sure it won't happen. I didn't play many TTG but its like whatever you choose, outcome will be close to same.

1. Seems like choice about eternity forge doesn't matter. I got feelings that it will be the same outcome. Halaa will do same things, only difference will be that she is using object (forge) or herself (human - forge).

Still I hope I am wrong and telltale will do something awesome.

Overall I liked this episode even with huge ad.1 dissapointment.

• I got that freeze too. The solution is to increase the rendering quality to "high" and run it in windowed mode. I got this off the Steam forums and it worked.

Ravandel posted: »

Episode was good (not finished it yet because I got freeze so couldn't proceed further than Drax with Groot fighting worms near the end) but

• Not needed windowed mode even for me :) Got this info from support also but thanks for help.

ClemRanger posted: »

I got that freeze too. The solution is to increase the rendering quality to "high" and run it in windowed mode. I got this off the Steam forums and it worked.

• I'd imagine if you empowered the forge we will have the option to revive Drax.

• No previous siding with Gamora needed. Haven't sided with her once and i was still able to tell her i liked her.

If you go with Gamora in the tunnel scene (and maybe you have to side with her in previous episodes too), you will have a 1 on 1 scene with

• Wow that makes me hate Rocket even more for wasting my time and potential with the other Guardians. I bent over backwards for that guy and he still left.

If you go with Gamora in the tunnel scene (and maybe you have to side with her in previous episodes too), you will have a 1 on 1 scene with

• I had to replay the episode. Could not live with my self and let Drax die :(
    Now he hates me but atleast he lives :/

Sign in to comment in this discussion.