Episode 4 Choices

Comments

• Same, except I traveled with Rocket cause I wanted to talk to him.

• Ugh come on man I want to play the episode 4 too. Man,I live in Oklahoma! Why isn't it releasing it here yet?

• I have Drax and Rocket MIA, Groot injured, Forge empowered, Nebula deceased and Gamora guardian.

I hate myself for getting Groot injured, but now that I know that Drax ACTUALLY DIES FOR REAL if you help him I'm okay with this decision.

All my decisions were the same as yours except for helping Drax since I didn't let him sacrifice himself.

How can Nebula survive?

• If she doesn't join the Guardians she'll be MIA.

Abeille posted: »

I have Drax and Rocket MIA, Groot injured, Forge empowered, Nebula deceased and Gamora guardian. I hate myself for getting Groot injured,

• Okay so, Nebula and Hala's status depend on last episode's choices, while the others depend on the Drax choice on this chapter. Does anything else influences it that you know?

If she doesn't join the Guardians she'll be MIA.

• I don't think so. I could see past relationships coming more into play in the finale for sure though.

Abeille posted: »

Okay so, Nebula and Hala's status depend on last episode's choices, while the others depend on the Drax choice on this chapter. Does anything else influences it that you know?

• edited October 2017

enter image description here

The Drax choice being the only determining factor in Gamora/Rocket/Drax staying or leaving is a bit disappointing, but it fit pretty well in my playthrough. Here's how it probably went down story-wise for me:
    I wasn't the best to Rocket (and he wasn't to me), but I did okay. I did oppose him in arguments and kept bringing up Lylla, something he was not happy about. Harming Groot was the last straw, it seemed. Hope I can get him back.
    I did not side with Gamora throughout most of the first two episodes concerning big choices. However, from Episode 3-4, I convinced her to not give up on family, so I assume she thought I'd be lost without one too.
    I've been best bros with Drax for the entire time (at least that's how I see it). I trusted him, and him me... mostly. I guess denying a sacrifice of that calibur and keeping him from having a "warrior's death" was a big no in his culture. I basically betrayed his entire calling, and he did not like that. [also I couldn't just let him die after I renamed his blades... they had the best names!]
    Groot is kind of tied to Rocket, so I let him leave. He wanted to stay, but I thought he should go for the time being. Maybe he just needs to work out his independence with Rocket himself.
    And that's the Guardians, and how they stand towards me.. I really wish I could have kept Mantis. She was such a joy to have around, and I was really trying to get Peter and her together.

• I know it's bad, and I know she might die on this trip, but I wanted to give Meredith a beautiful sendoff. I know it'll be good in the next episode and I'll probably be brought to tears. Future me will thank me, I'm sure.
    • I knew I couldn't really talk some sense into Rocket, and I had a feeling that Gamora wanted to leave the Guardians. I went to talk her out of it.
    • I can't believe this was a choice. Telltale, you're insane. And I like it!. I don't know why I chose this. Maybe because it was... the cleaner route? IDK.
    • I was not going to let my best bud die. Not to a giant worm monster, not now. Too bad this backfired on me in the worst way. Drax was completely offended so he left the Guardians in the end, and Groot was badly injured. Great... can this get any worse?
    • I was nice to the worm. I knew it was Obviously A Death Trap, but I figured why not, see what it can do. I then brought it with me, because I know it'll do some good in the next episode. It's away from it's brethren, no mob mentality, and this won't stab me in the back, right? I didn't doom the universe? What else can it do? Pshhh... Nothing. That's what.

Does anyone have the website choices? Mine haven't been showing up lately (for Minecraft, Batman, and now Guardians).

• Pretty much as the same as thread creator

• how did you post images like that cuz i cant seem to post an image from my computer?

• edited October 2017

My choices for Episode 4

• State of the Galaxy:

Rocket-MIA

Gamora-Guardian

Drax-MIA

Groot-MIA

Hala-Forge Empowered

Nebula-Deceased

Choices:

• Went forward with the camping trip-Figured Meredith was going to die anyway, so may as well end on a high note
    • Travelled with Gamora-I felt like Rocket didn’t want anything to do with anyone. Plus, I had just gotten into an argument with him when I told him to shut his mouth.
    • Exited out the back of the giant worm-Figured the worm wouldn’t notice if we left through its rear as opposed to the front
    • Refused to help Drax-I didn’t want him to die
    • Finished with a new friend-Named him Bowie
  • Why didn't the state of the galaxy stats exist sooner?

• Rocket - Guardian
    Gamora - MIA
    Drax - Deceased
    Groot - MIA
    Hala - Forge Empowered
    Nebula - Deceased

Choices:

• Went on the camping Trip
    • Went with Gamora
    • Went out the worm's ass
    • Sacrificed Drax
    • Brought Blue with us
  • Wait how does Nebula die?

• If you can get Gomorrah to fix her relationship with her sister, and let Nebula become a guardian in episode 3, she defends Gomorrah when Hala tries to attack and takes 1 good hit that leads to her dying in episode 4.

As for my results, I was in the majority for all my choices.
    I went on the camping trip because whatever, whats the worst that could happen?
    I got my new wormy friend, Blue, who I was very surprised wasn't slaughtered during Drax's killing spree during that scene.
    I took Gomorrah's path cause Rocket was clearly in a "give no fucks" mood and I thought I could still salvage the whole Nebula situation.
    I shot out the Worms ass, after a very convincing argument from Drax. I did want to go out the mouth, but we were already facing the colon, sooo...
    I helped Drax out the airlock. Mainly because until this episode, I've kinda crapped all over Drax's actions, and felt he needed something. Plus I'm ok with the heroic sacrifice thing.

Ended up with Rocket, which was kinda weird cause a lot of my choices where against his.
    Gomorrah is MIA, which I'm kind of ok with now cause she found a way to make Drax's sacrifice all about her, even though I did just let her walk away.
    Groot is fine, hanging out with Mantis, which is totally fine by me.
    Drax is dead, but probably not really.
    Hala has fused with the Forge, which was something I semi-predicted way back in episode 1.
    Nebula is also dead, but probably not really.

And in the "dumping the ship" section, I threw out EVERYTHING, even my moms picture, while giving mantis the glove, but let Groot keep his plant buddy, because seriously, who's going to tell him to chuck it?

Wait how does Nebula die?

• Originally I did empower the forge, then I have replayed that episode and destroyed it. But I will probably replay it again to original state since I am really curious about Halaa son at the end of ep4.

So my ep4:
    *go camping
    *travel with Rocket
    *exit from back of the worm
    *help Drax sacrifice himself
    *keep small pet worm

• Nebula dead
      *Halaa got forge
  • edited October 2017

Finally swallowed my pride and got around to check Guardians and I gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised about everything about it. Wish I'd gotten into it sooner. Blame it on ANF.

Episode 4 was this huge chunk of filler, honestly, with a bit of plot progression by the end... but so was The Walking Dead's Starved For Help and everyone considers it a masterpiece, if not the best Telltale episode.

Here are my choices:

No casualties \0/

• Good job on keeping everyone alive.
    Welcome to the crew!

• edited October 2017

got the same choices as you OP, but I went with rocket not gamora. :) gotta say its pretty sad, only rocket stays with me as a guardian. :)

• State of the Galaxy:
    -Rocket: Guardian
    -Gamora: MIA
    -Drax: Deceased
    -Groot: MIA
    -Hala: Forge Empowered
    -Nebula: Deceased

Choices:
    -Went ahead on the camping trip
    -Traveled with Gamora/Groot
    -Went out the back of the worm
    -Helped Drax
    -Let Bowie stay on the ship

Is the only way for Nebula to live for her to side with Hala? Hopefully by the end of this we might be able to bring her and Drax back using the forge.

• I had to take this from someone else because i cant take a screenshot of it (I played on the Xbox one) But its the exact same as i did. Anyways Drax is one of my favorite characters and i couldn't allow him to die. I feel bad for Groot and i only have Gamora in the guardians, I feel bad for allowing Nebula into the guardians because she dies, Wich also makes me feel bad for Gamora because she loved her. And i empowered the forge because.... Well, Lets say i couldn't decide and just pressed the buttons at the same time :open_mouth:
    For my real choices: I went forward with the camping trip but i regretted it afterwords because i wanted Pete's mom to be okay. I traveled with Rocket because Groot didn't travel with him and i guessed no one else would. I excited out the bum of the worm because i didn't want to be chomped up by its teeth. I definitely would never have Drax sacrifice himself. And i went with the choice of [...] So rocket just shot at it and i didn't get a new friend.

• edited October 2017

State of the Galaxy
    Rocket - MIA.
    Gamora - Guardian.
    Drax - MIA (alive).
    Groot - Injured.
    Hala - Forge Empowered (her son is also alive).
    Nebula - Traitor (I'll explain. In my first play-through, she died, because I brought her. But I replayed it so she could live, and her being alive will be my final choice for it.)
    Main Choices
    I went on with the camping trip.
    I traveled with Rocket.
    I exited out of the mouth of the Giant Worm.
    I refused to let Drax sacrifice himself.
    I finished with a new friend. (I named the worm "Blue," as a little bonus.)

• And i went with the choice of [...] So rocket just shot at it and i didn't get a new friend

Is that when choosing a name for the worm?

I had to take this from someone else because i cant take a screenshot of it (I played on the Xbox one) But its the exact same as i did. Anyw

• Okay so now since we've seen all thes endings what is actually the canon to episode 4?

• I was wondering for Nebula... Is there only 2 states for her? Deceased or traitor? Or is there another way for to not die and not be a traitor? Or does she have to be a traitor to survive? I think that's kind of lame that Telltale kill her if you let her become part of the team.

• The sacrifice Drax ending seems like the most polished/canon

Okay so now since we've seen all thes endings what is actually the canon to episode 4?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.