Javi Or Aj Who Would You Choose To Save?

Both Javi And Aj Are Dying But You Can Only Choose To Save One, Who Would I Be?

Tagged:

Comments

• AJ, I like Javier but he needed more development so I could care much more for him.

• Javi, sorry AJ.

Good thing this scenario is never going to happen.

• edited December 2017

Why would you even bother asking that?

Also, "dying?"

• AJ of course. The only reason why some people might say Javi is because they like him. They’re basically choosing a grown man over a baby...

• Oh man, this is an impossible choice to make, I don't know which one I could possibly...AJ, 100%, without any shred of a doubt, with complete certainty, AJ.

• I dunno. On one hand: good with a bat, bi, and Latino. On the other: baby (made of rape, no less), mixed, and the only thing we really have to show that S2 wasn't a total waste of [anything].

• AJ. How A New Frontier turned out like, I really wouldn’t care less what happens to Javier.

• Aj.....he has so much to live for

• edited December 2017

baby (made of rape, no less)

Oh, so he's Malachite? :joy:
    ♪Go ahead and try to leave me if you're able.
    Can you see that my genetics are unstable?
    I know you think I'm not something you're afraid of,
    Well then just wait and see what I'm made of.♩

I dunno. On one hand: good with a bat, bi, and Latino. On the other: baby (made of rape, no less), mixed, and the only thing we really have to show that S2 wasn't a total waste of [anything].

• definitely javi. i like aj but i'm not very attached to him so.

• baby (made of rape, no less)

I didn’t really pay much attention past the third episode of season two because I kind of stopped caring, but could you let me know when it was ever said that Rebecca was raped? I think I would remember that...

I dunno. On one hand: good with a bat, bi, and Latino. On the other: baby (made of rape, no less), mixed, and the only thing we really have to show that S2 wasn't a total waste of [anything].

• Don't care that much about the plot device called AJ.
    In my playthrough Javi always helped Clem and was by her side so I'll go with him.

• https://telltale.com/community/discussion/comment/2807380/#Comment_2807380

(I tried quoting it, but my iPad's having memory problems

baby (made of rape, no less) I didn’t really pay much attention past the third episode of season two because I kind of stopped caring, but could you let me know when it was ever said that Rebecca was raped? I think I would remember that...

• I'm thinking Javi would chose to sacrifice himself for AJ, so I would have to go with AJ.

• Javi. He was a good character only problem was he was the main character in a shit game.

• Aj of course fuck Javier worthless character

• That’s an interpretation situation, one that I personally disagree with.

https://telltale.com/community/discussion/comment/2807380/#Comment_2807380 (I tried quoting it, but my iPad's having memory problems

• Hahahahahaha saving AJ in a heartbeat.

• This guy/girl/other(?) gets it. B)

DabigRG posted: »

baby (made of rape, no less) Oh, so he's Malachite? ♪Go ahead and try to leave me if you're able. Can you see that my genetics ar

• And it is pronounced Mal-ACHHH-ite.

Malachite posted: »

This guy/girl/other(?) gets it.

• Hmmm. In all honesty, I doubt a choice between these two (I doubt Javi returning to this season at all), but for me the choice would really depend on the situation. If Gabe was still alive, I'd save Javi so that little beanie-headed rascal wouldn't be orphaned for a third time. If Gabe wasn't alive, I would save AJ just for Season 2 to have a reason to exist. In my play through, I somehow managed to save both Kate and Gabe, so I would probably save Javi. Hopefully baby AJ would return in the Second Final Season: It's Actually Real This Time, No Joke with an awesome beard.

• I mean, I really dont care for either, but if I got the choice I would save Javier, he is an actual character as opposed to AJ who is literally just a plot device, so having him around would actually make the story worthwile, whereas all AJ has ever done for the story is derail Clementine to be some sort of obsessed mother, since thats how Telltale wrote her, even though she didnt really care about him if I would have had anything to say.

AJ completely ruined the story and pacing from season 2, we went from working hard to survive and deciding who to trust and a group in splinters due to infighting, to a pointless quest to save a baby and infighting due to said baby, it really is the most boring plot ever, and for what? a generic noncharacter that we will never actually get to see be turned into an actual character?

The only reason Telltale has given me to care about that baby is literally "he is a baby lol, if you dont care for him youre a monster, firstly, that may be true in the real world, but this is a game, I want something out of the story, not babysitter simulator, secondly, the reason we are so compelled to protect babies is our instincts to reproduce and carry on the human race, however that doesnt really matter in the apocalypse since everyone is gonna die anyways, its a social construct, social constructs loses their meaning in the apocalypse.

So I would much rather have a character like Javier around (as much as I barely care for him), than I would that noncharacter AJ who literally adds nothing to the story except as a plotdevice the writers can pull out of their ass, (Oh no, there is no conflict, AJ starts crying and walkers arrive, oh nooooo), or: (Oh no, the group is not on the same page with how AJ should be handled, should they leave him or take him with, suddenly arbitrary conflic).

Frankly I hope that they get rid of AJ early in the season either by having him stay where he is or having him killed off, that or only find AJ at the very end of the season, but even then, an emotional climax that surrounds AJ would literally not phase me one bit, since there is no character or development to be emotionally attached to beyond "he is a baby lol", and frankly if they pull a Lee with Clementine sacrificing herself for AJ it will not only be the shittiest and most unoriginal ending ever, it will be the least emotional ending they could ever create since there is simply no reason at all for me to care about AJ

• AJ. Sorry Javi.

• edited February 2018

AJ is a toddler and the adoptive son of Clementine so I would definitely choose to save AJ in a heartbeat. I like Javi but I'd sooner let him take his chances than let a helpless toddler die. AJ reminds me of my nephew who is about the same age almost three. He has shown no interest in talking but is very smart and understands everything you say. He answers questions by pointing and what not, you ask him to find your boots, he finds your boots, you ask him to point at his mom, he points at his mom, etc. Everytime I see AJ I think of my nephew and the thought of seeing him die is way too heartbreaking.

• AJ. I would even resurrect Javi and kill him again just to make sure he understood how I felt.

• I still don't particularly care about AJ, but that's still quite a bit more than I care about Javier.

Adios words

• edited February 2018

Is saving a 2 year-old defenseless and dependent baby who will scream and attract walkers at every corner really worth saving over a fully grown adult who can look after themselves and help provide for the group?

Looking after a baby is not an easy thing to do, especially in a zombie apocalypse, and especially not something a thirteen year old Clementine can do even with support. If you really want to save a baby, you'd better be prepared to spend and risk possibly the rest of your life raising a baby that might not even make it to see 10 years old.

• Why are you posting pictures of Gabe tho? Either way, AJs a magic baby, 11 year old Clem can determinantly survive 2 years without any kind of support if you went with the alone ending. Realism went out the window a long time before Javier brought death and destruction to two communities.

RichWalk23 posted: »

Is saving a 2 year-old defenseless and dependent baby who will scream and attract walkers at every corner really worth saving over a fully g

• edited February 2018

Why are you posting pictures of Gabe tho? Either way, AJs a magic baby, 11 year old Clem can determinantly survive 2 years without any kind of support if you went with the alone ending. Realism went out the window a long time before Javier brought death and destruction to two communities.

I agree, you kinda have to draw the line when it comes to introducing a concept of a more grounded and realistic zombie apocalypse setting, and it takes actual effort too to make a zombie apocalypse story appear convincing.

The conception (no pun intended) of baby AJ and Clementine's attachment to him stands out even by TWD series' standards, because his existence merely serves as a cheap attempt to pull the player's heartstrings without giving us a real reason or effort to want to care about AJ.

It's just lazy writing.

Why are you posting pictures of Gabe tho? Either way, AJs a magic baby, 11 year old Clem can determinantly survive 2 years without any kind

• It's a very rare opportunity to see a baby in those types of situations and holding onto anyone you can would be important to you. Even if you think being alone gives you the best chance at survival, is that really the best way to live? I'd take that chance if it meant I'd have something to live for. She's been with that baby since it was born. Seen what the people who created him died for. If she has any respect for anyone who died before Kenny's car crash, including him, she would put that baby's life above her own well-being.

If you don't see it that way, I guess you could wait another 10 years for all the walkers to rot away, but who will be left to make more babies? Could you expect Clem to be able to find the right guy to become a mother again? Being 23 might increase who is available to her, but people are already crazy enough as it is, and it's only 4 years in.

Is saving a 2 year-old defenseless and dependent baby who will scream and attract walkers at every corner really worth saving over a fully g

• It's a very rare opportunity to see a baby in those types of situations and holding onto anyone you can would be important to you. Even if you think being alone gives you the best chance at survival, is that really the best way to live? I'd take that chance if it meant I'd have something to live for. She's been with that baby since it was born. Seen what the people who created him died for. If she has any respect for anyone who died before Kenny's car crash, including him, she would put that baby's life above her own well-being.

If you don't see it that way, I guess you could wait another 10 years for all the walkers to rot away, but who will be left to make more babies? Could you expect Clem to be able to find the right guy to become a mother again? Being 23 might increase who is available to her, but people are already crazy enough as it is, and it's only 4 years in.

I'm merely answering the question about choosing who to save if both Javier and AJ were dying, and I'm more inclined to believe that in this case, saving Javier is more pragmatic than AJ. I wasn't advocating ditching babies to their doom.

Preferably I would have Clementine allow a stable and well-stocked community to adopt AJ, as I believe that Clementine is far too young to be given the responsibility of looking after a baby, no matter the reasons why she would want to care for AJ. Looking after a baby is no easy task, zombie apocalypse or no.

And considering what the Walking Dead franchise is about, I don't really see much point in procreation unless the airborne infection that is turning people into walkers regardless of how they die (unless the brain is damaged) is dealt with, which may never happen in canon.

• AJ is really cute tugs at my heartstrings when he said Clem for the first time! Awwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!

• edited February 2018

Preferably I would have Clementine allow a stable and well-stocked community to adopt AJ, as I believe that Clementine is far too young to be given the responsibility of looking after a baby, no matter the reasons why she would want to care for AJ. Looking after a baby is no easy task, zombie apocalypse or no.

That's more reasonable

And considering what the Walking Dead franchise is about, I don't really see much point in procreation unless the airborne infection that is turning people into walkers regardless of how they die (unless the brain is damaged) is dealt with, which may never happen in canon.

Now that everyone is infected, It won't matter that it's an airborne disease anymore. It can be spread through blood. And without anyone who has the know-how, let alone the resources, to find a cure, everyone will still carry the disease. So, you would rather have the human race become extinct than to allow the disease to carry on through another generation?

It would be really interesting if the disease killed babies before they were born. (including the mothers...) But since there is still a possibility to continue on without finding the cure, I say it's better than just letting them all die. Everyone's sacrifices in the past would've been for nothing if humanity can't continue. Unless you really want to go down that path.

It's a very rare opportunity to see a baby in those types of situations and holding onto anyone you can would be important to you. Even if y

• Personally i would pick Javi but it would be out of character for Clem .

• Javi is just so so in MHO

Sign in to comment in this discussion.