Batman: EW Episode 4 Waiting Thread - Releasing Jan 23rd, Trailer Out Now

Comments

• It's probably January 23 or 30

• Just waiting for New Zealand's now. It's coming together boys.

• So, so, so excited! Would love an early January release, which I think is more likely than a December release. But, I mean, quality is worth the wait so I'm trying my best to be patient. ......Stupid cliffhangers...... :s

• It’s probably going to come out around the end of December, Ep4 coming out mid through late January is way off

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

It can't release on the 26th as all the staff will be off work for christmas, early January will be out too as they will still be off work after the christmas and new year break with most staff most likely not getting back to full work until the week beginning January 8th-16th.

The earliest i could see it releasing is January 23rd.

It’s probably going to come out around the end of December, Ep4 coming out mid through late January is way off

• End of december and January or Feb for episode 5? I'll take that.

It’s probably going to come out around the end of December, Ep4 coming out mid through late January is way off

• I'd prefer a March release for episode 5.

• Nice.
    I'm betting a January 16th release now.

OzzyUK posted: »

Episode 4 has been rated by Australia (a special thanks to @EllieaS for pointing this out to me) Rating

• Figuring out its an EVEN longer wait than you thought

• edited December 2017

Here we go! Episode 4 already Rated by New Zealand

http://www.fvlb.org.nz/nz/pages/publication-details.html?title=204167

• Hooray!

JmoooX posted: »

Here we go! Episode 4 already Rated by New Zealand http://www.fvlb.org.nz/nz/pages/publication-details.html?title=204167

• Damn, Christmas is early!

JmoooX posted: »

Here we go! Episode 4 already Rated by New Zealand http://www.fvlb.org.nz/nz/pages/publication-details.html?title=204167

• Love waking up and seeing at least some sort of news lol :)

• episode 4 January lol

• Agreed,fellow bat enthusiasts.

ManBat posted: »

Love waking up and seeing at least some sort of news lol

• Maybe not January then

Justin22 posted: »

episode 4 January lol

• Yay it's back to an M rating

• Was the last one not rated M??

Yay it's back to an M rating

• I hope the "disturbing" thing is me and Selina

Was the last one not rated M??

• Lol i don't think so, there will probably be some batcat makeout sessions but nothing extreme. I'm basing this off Australia's rating fyi lol.

MLGTelltale posted: »

I hope the "disturbing" thing is me and Selina

• Episode 3 was rated T, strangely enough.

Was the last one not rated M??

• Should have been Adult Only for that eye scene.

Why is it always the eyes?

Episode 3 was rated T, strangely enough.

• edited December 2017

Strong Impact on Violence - I'm guessing we'll see some brutal fights as Batman finally goes up against The Pact.

Very Mild Impact on Sex - I assume this means that at the very least we'll get the option to do some kissing (most likely with Selina).

OzzyUK posted: »

Episode 4 has been rated by Australia (a special thanks to @EllieaS for pointing this out to me) Rating

• Sounds very reasonable, I would guess we have a little more then a month to wait to find out.

Frontier246 posted: »

Strong Impact on Violence - I'm guessing we'll see some brutal fights as Batman finally goes up against The Pact. Very Mild Impact on Sex

• edited December 2017

Hawley: Yeah, for sure. We’re very proud of Batman. Some of the more recent reviews have said it’s the best treatment of the Joker as a character they’ve read for decades. I think we’re still doing great work. It’s done well for us. But really I think we’re best when we get back to the grittier, deeper, darker side with some of the IP we’ve worked with, and when we’re given real freedom of choice. We’re not playing in worlds or with characters that have very specific sets of rules and ideals and approval processes around them. We have more freedom when we take our own path.-CEO on batman telltale series.https://www.google.com/amp/s/venturebeat.com/2017/12/11/game-boss-interview-new-ceo-pete-hawley-will-focus-telltale-on-its-core-strengths/amp/
    (Full interview)

• His answer is quite puzzling. I'm not very confident in regards to a season 3 now.

• I do not like what I'm reading. What I'm getting from that, is that he wants to throw Batman out like a pair of old socks! Dammit.

• I think discontinuing batman without at LEAST one more season of batman would be a stupid choice, I get that they want to do games where they have more freedom to do what they want with the characters, but batman seems like a fan favorite right now. I really like this iteration of batman and would be extremely disappointed if we don't get a season 3.

• That's depressing. What a waste of potential. Hopefully he just means that it'll be on a hiatus? Like maybe we'll get it in 2019. I'd hate for them to end batman altogether, not when they've done such amazing work with it.

• And every last piece of positivity in this forum has just faded away and classified itself as obsolete with this interview

• Telltale CEO wanting more freedom of choice? Oh the irony. And didn't he say that after TWD S1, their biggest hit was Minecraft? Yeah, right. Made them a lot of money anyways. But seriously, I think he's wrong. WD S2, Game Of Thrones, New Frontier are all dark and gritty games yet they're all overshadowed by Tales From the Borderlands and Batman S2. And with the changes they've done to the Batman mythos, I'd say they have plenty of freedom of choice, hell the main reason why it's so good are all the little twists and unique interpretations of the characters. I'm fine with not getting another Batman game until Wolf 2 and TWD Final Season are over but don't discard this franchise. It's the best work you've done since TFTB.

• Well they want to "get back to the grittier, deeper, darker side", excuse me, but I don't recall anything darker grittier and deeper in previous telltale games except maybe 1st Walking dead and Wolf Among Us and we know that they won't continue Walking dead after the next season and Wolf Among Us gives them even less freedom than Batman... Unless the darker deeper and grittier side is supposed to be Minecraft [great joke!] in which they actually have a lot of freedom...

The only other telltale games which gave the creators more freedom than Batman were Tales and Game of Thrones and both of them are unlikely to get any sequel soon.

Batman is the best that could have happened to telltale, even more considering the fact that new DC movies aren't really that good and the Arkham games are over, so many Batman fans are desperately looking for something new, and IMHO Telltale's Batman is right now the only ongoing project related to the dark knight that still maintains the high quality.

You want something Grittier, deeper and darker than The Caped Crusader? Good Luck, You will need it.

• Abandoning the Batman IP is folly. Don't do that Telltale there is so much more to tell in the Batman universe.

• In total agreement here. Good points! Tales From the Borderlands definitely wasn't dark or gritty and yet, for me, it was on par with WD S1. I even felt it was better. I also think your right in that Batman is the best they've done since Tales from the Borderlands and it seems to me they've had tons of freedom with it, given all they've already changed. Let's hope, if his intentions are to end it, that they change their minds. I'd really like Batman to continue on for an extra 2 or 3 seasons. <-- Might be a little greedy on my end but that's how much I'm loving this series.

HexIgon posted: »

Telltale CEO wanting more freedom of choice? Oh the irony. And didn't he say that after TWD S1, their biggest hit was Minecraft? Yeah, right

• lmao. That's just hilarious.

• Oh, I hope they won't abandon Batman series. XD Pretty alarming info in the latest posts of this thread. But the series have so much potential, and it's such a great twist on classic Batman universe. First season wasn't perfect. I, personally, didn't like how they handled Harvey Dent. He is one of my favorite villains, but in TT series I didn't even liked him, haha. But John Doe is completly different, one of the best Jokers lately, and completly in character, imho. I liked how they changed Harley Quinn, imho, she is completly in character, but due to diffrent origins story, more mature and dark. I'm very excited to see new approach on other Batman villains. And I love their Bruce, I love how Bruce is no less important than Batman here. Their Batman story is probably my favorite Batman universe right now, I don't want it to end. ( But I don't belive they would end it, it seems pretty popular. Why would they abandon it? And I got the impression, people in their company like to work on Batman. So....

• Good point on 'Bruce is no less important than Batman.' It is another spectacular thing they did with this. I love how Bruce's public image was setup as an obstacle in the game and how we get to play as Bruce and not just as Batman. Its fun seeing the superhero try and maintain his personal life without exposing his identity.
    Honestly, everything they've done with this series has been genius in my opinion, and after season 2 I've come to appreciate the first season a whole lot more. It started out as good and now I just feel its great. The second season really just emphasized on how much potential the first opened up.

Tiefling posted: »

Oh, I hope they won't abandon Batman series. XD Pretty alarming info in the latest posts of this thread. But the series have so much potenti

• Oh, and I love how we have this choice to decide, who are we, really - Bruce or Batman? It's very important, in my opinion, makes story much deeper. To me, the choice to remove or keep the mask on in the final episode of season one was very symbolic moment for the character. In many Batman stories Bruce is so close to becoming Batman completely, that others begin to show their concern. Like, in Long Halloween - Dark Victory story arcs Selina slaps Bruce, when he's about to abandon his former friend Harvey, or something like this.
    And in TT we can choose between making Bruce into full Batman dark half-human monster thing, or keep him as human as possible.

Season one was good. Season two seems even better, I just hope they'll be able to finish the story on the same level of amazingness.

GamerLady posted: »

Good point on 'Bruce is no less important than Batman.' It is another spectacular thing they did with this. I love how Bruce's public image

• I agree. Half the appeal of telltale is being able to choose the main character's personality. I hope they never stray from that, it's part of what makes their games so fun and interesting.

Tiefling posted: »

Oh, and I love how we have this choice to decide, who are we, really - Bruce or Batman? It's very important, in my opinion, makes story much

Sign in to comment in this discussion.