Batman: EW Episode 4 Waiting Thread - Releasing Jan 23rd, Trailer Out Now

Comments

• It is :) that's the best part, in my 1st save i always try to play a "goodguy" every choice i pick just flows naturally. Then my 2nd save i try to play the biggest douche possible because it's just so much fun!

GamerLady posted: »

I agree. Half the appeal of telltale is being able to choose the main character's personality. I hope they never stray from that, it's part of what makes their games so fun and interesting.

• We won't have anymore about that if the new CEO has any say

ManBat posted: »

It is that's the best part, in my 1st save i always try to play a "goodguy" every choice i pick just flows naturally. Then my 2nd save i try to play the biggest douche possible because it's just so much fun!

• Well this thread quickly turned against Telltale's CEO.

• I love the replay value it offers. Like you, I'll always go through the games where its an option twice just to get the full affect. If the games good enough I'll go it another round and play a neutral character, which are fun. You get to do the good stuff but also the bad stuff and have it seem not so bad. lol.

It is that's the best part, in my 1st save i always try to play a "goodguy" every choice i pick just flows naturally. Then my 2nd save i try to play the biggest douche possible because it's just so much fun!

• Please for the love God don't turn this forum into the Walking Dead section. PLEASE.

Nothing has been confirmed yet, but there are so many of you already overreacting, panicking and shitting all over the new CEO. Why can't you people just WAIT until the season's over before going overboard on the speculating and acting like it's the end of the world?

• Overreaction...? OVERREACTION??!?!?!?! AGHGAMOONCOWSOAPAGHNADANCEOFFTAHBLAH!!!! ... In other words: I only overreact the right amount! Okay?! In a sensible way! ...Full of sensitivity!

lupinb0y posted: »

Please for the love God don't turn this forum into the Walking Dead section. PLEASE. Nothing has been confirmed yet, but there are so man

• ? agreed.

Overreaction...? OVERREACTION??!?!?!?! AGHGAMOONCOWSOAPAGHNADANCEOFFTAHBLAH!!!! ... In other words: I only overreact the right amount! Okay?! In a sensible way! ...Full of sensitivity!

• Indeed.

Overreaction...? OVERREACTION??!?!?!?! AGHGAMOONCOWSOAPAGHNADANCEOFFTAHBLAH!!!! ... In other words: I only overreact the right amount! Okay?! In a sensible way! ...Full of sensitivity!

• like seriously guys I love Batman too but alot of you are out of line when you think your entitled to something from Telltale. Or that they have to make more Batman to appease your needs even though your the Consumer. Its still telltale's product whether you like it or not the fourms went through the same shit with the Walking dead a new frontier. People were bitching and moaning because they were going in a new direction that's not to say you have to like it but to sit on the Fourms, and complain and whine about it isn't going to change anything so if it bothers you that much then leave no need to get stressed out about it.

• Folks. Listen. Read. Whatever. The CEO made comments about what area he feels Telltale is most popular and the direction he sees the company going. Remember though. Money talks as well and it has a pretty strong argument. None of the comments he made were definite. Also, as I stated elsewhere, change doesn't happen overnight. For all we know, the plans could entitle one more season of Batman. We don't know. So, I think we need to stop the witch hunt.

The major point that I deciphered was that developers need to be creative. That's fair. Did any of you go after Rocksteady when they said the same after doing 3 Batman games? I would hope not. Give him time. The second season isn't even over yet. Wolf' got a sequel years later. Please don't assume this franchise is dead in the water. There is nothing wrong with letting Telltale know how much you love the series and want it to continue. That tends to work much better than complaining about something that could or could not happen.

Let's keep this positive. Please. Be kind and welcoming to the staff(it's not just a forum rule, it's a courtesy). We want them around.

• People are expressing concern but thankfully this side of the forum has yet to be packed with jerks. (obviously I'm not too fond of the Walking Dead forums anymore)

Please for the love God don't turn this forum into the Walking Dead section. PLEASE. Nothing has been confirmed yet, but there are so man

• edited December 2017

Guys, guys... it was just a talk. An interview. Nothing is set in stone.

We all love this series -- and especially this season, but there's no reason to overreact and assume it's ending at Episode 5. The CEO only mentioned that they plan to move away from licencing things that won't provide much incentive to innovate and provide impact to a overarching story. He's not the villain here. He has the right to make decisions on how the company produces its work, and if he sees [yes, him not us, because he works there] possible innovation or not, he can decide whether or not the creative risk is worth it, and enticing enough that consumers will like it and buy it.
    "Large IPs" may include the Batman mythos, but right now it's not over yet. Wait until the end of this season, and then you can speculate all you want about when this series should end. (But with the great amount of critical and consumer acclaim, I don't see this series ending with just 2 seasons. We'll see...)

So... hold your horses, and back off a bit from Pete. He wouldn't do this out of malicious intent (at least from what we've seen).

(Not the first here, but I just can't help myself to break up conflict.)

• edited December 2017

When are we hoping for episode 4 now? January 23rd? I'd place my bet there but it could be the 16th. The 9th is a bit too close with the holidays.

• I'll get the pitchforks. Someone else grab some torches. We're marching up to Telltale HQ at dawn!

Seriously though, staying positive sounds like a good idea. Optimism, right? Won't be easy for skeptics like me. Maybe I should pick up yoga, find my inner zen and all that.

• edited December 2017

They need to start making their own franchises if they want more freedom with choices and characters. Every pre owned franchise be it Batman, Walking Dead, Wolf, Borderlands, Game of Thrones, etc. is going to have limitations because of certain characters and events involved in those franchises having plot armor. Unless they want to find more games like Minecraft where there are no pre exisiting set in stone rules/characters.

• edited December 2017

Meh, I prefer goin' all mob-like with an angry face. So, while you get the pitchforks and someone else grabs the torches, I'll write the angry letter. We'll go there in marching formation, shouting profanities, and then- when we get there- we will hand them the letter and politely excuse ourselves from their presences.
    The letter will read: "We are really sad and disappointed that the Batman isn't continuing. ...Have a nice day."

Lunat1c posted: »

I'll get the pitchforks. Someone else grab some torches. We're marching up to Telltale HQ at dawn! Seriously though, staying positive sou

• I would say probably the 16th.. As much as I would love a surprise December drop lol. Gotta be somewhat reasonable!

Johro posted: »

When are we hoping for episode 4 now? January 23rd? I'd place my bet there but it could be the 16th. The 9th is a bit too close with the holidays.

• They'll never see that coming!

Meh, I prefer goin' all mob-like with an angry face. So, while you get the pitchforks and someone else grabs the torches, I'll write the ang

• Yeah, that'll show 'em !

I bet they are scared to death right now.

• I guess someone needs to have it explained to them that we -- meaning GamerLady and myself -- are not being serious. Imagine that.

Yeah, that'll show 'em ! I bet they are scared to death right now.

• edited December 2017

Eh.

I guess someone needs to have it explained to them that we -- meaning GamerLady and myself -- are not being serious. Imagine that.

• Oh no I don't think they need an explanation. We are desperate for episode 4 already and we grasp at every conceivable straws to bring some light into our otherwise bleak existences.

I guess someone needs to have it explained to them that we -- meaning GamerLady and myself -- are not being serious. Imagine that.

• Kay.

Oh no I don't think they need an explanation. We are desperate for episode 4 already and we grasp at every conceivable straws to bring some light into our otherwise bleak existences.

• edited December 2017

I wouldn't compare this to the Walking Dead section, there, it always feels like all the negative feedback is just based on hatred towards telltale, while here, even if we are overreacting a little bit, we are doing this because we CARE.

• Agreed amigo ?

JmoooX posted: »

I wouldn't compare this to the Walking Dead section, there, it always feels like all the negative feedback is just based on hatred towards telltale, while here, even if we are overreacting a little bit, we are doing this because we CARE.

• edited December 2017

You've peeked my curiosity. Just how bad is that forum?
    Not saying this one is bad I'm only curious because some people seem scared it will get that bad.

JmoooX posted: »

• lol. We'll need to start putting 'just kidding' at the end of our posts from now on, to avoid confusion. It'll become a catchphrase. Always wanted a catchphrase.

• Sooooo lets try and get back to talking about how the wait for this episode is killing us slowly.

lol. We'll need to start putting 'just kidding' at the end of our posts from now on, to avoid confusion. It'll become a catchphrase. Always wanted a catchphrase.

• sure thing...

Sooooo lets try and get back to talking about how the wait for this episode is killing us slowly.

• edited December 2017

Relax... If a game series is popular, well received OR profitable, they will come back to it. Especially if they keep the story open-ended.

Just like The Walking Dead has received 4 seasons, Minecraft received two, and now even TWAU is getting a second season, albeit after a long wait.

As the Telltale Batman series revolves around Batman's origins, there's plenty of things still to be explored. When he said "closing out Batman" he most likely meant the season, not the entire game series. I can imagine saying "closing out Batman: The Enemy Within Season 2" would be quite a mouthful.

• Okay so a new theory about the release date is that it will release early January then. Probably like a week after the staff returns from Christmas break

• I'm thinking 2. The 16th sounds good. The Holiday break is a good excuse to sit back down and have a fresh look at things. It's what I'd want to do if I had the choice. It's too late to really change anything, but a little polish with rested eyes would be nice.

• I know. The wait is horrible. And some people kind of got my hopes up for a December release. I don't think it'll happen... but the hope is there. I'm currently trying to smash it down. Cause I know, realistically, it's gotta be mid-to-late January.

Sooooo lets try and get back to talking about how the wait for this episode is killing us slowly.

• I can't speak for others but for me I just can't stand it anymore. You literally cannot say anything positive about ANF without being bombarded with passive aggressive comments. That and people's attitude there is absolutely disgusting. Who knew that disliking a game could turn you into an asshole.

You've peeked my curiosity. Just how bad is that forum? Not saying this one is bad I'm only curious because some people seem scared it will get that bad.

• Keep that December hope alive, but yeah.. January release more than likely

I know. The wait is horrible. And some people kind of got my hopes up for a December release. I don't think it'll happen... but the hope is there. I'm currently trying to smash it down. Cause I know, realistically, it's gotta be mid-to-late January.

• Sex very mild impact? Damn you TTG when are we going to get a harsh sex scene with Harley? xD

OzzyUK posted: »

Episode 4 has been rated by Australia (a special thanks to @EllieaS for pointing this out to me) Rating

• Never, hopefully.

max_pain943 posted: »

Sex very mild impact? Damn you TTG when are we going to get a harsh sex scene with Harley? xD

• Well atleast made it determinant, because i'm playing on Harley's side throughout the game, so i would love a scene like that, and i i'm not the only one!

19Street95 posted: »

Never, hopefully.

• She did promise a "treat" if we did well.

No clarification needed I think.

• I know, but Very mild impact ratings won't give me much hope!

She did promise a "treat" if we did well. No clarification needed I think.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.