Batman/Catwoman dies in Episode 4 of The Enemy Within?

Hi Fellas,
I wanted to create this thread to know what do you think would happen in the upcoming episode. How Bruce/catwoman are expected to escape the killing box? I have seen several theories but would be interested to read more. I can see several ways for Bruce to escape but honestly I see no way for catwoman to escape unless Bruce do something. For Bruce, I hope that John do something so he don't end up dead as in this montage video I created (skip it if not interested as this is not the purpose):
So here are the theories about how Bruce would escape:
1- He calls Waller/Alfred with the ear phone he has. They use the EMP device to stop the killing box and save him.
2- John/Selina escape from the pact and save Bruce (There is a code for the Killing box that Harley entered to activate it so not sure how he would do that unless he use the Phanax key or the EMP device?). The code of the killing box is known only by Harley and Mr. Freeze. I won't bet on Mr. Freeze!
What else? Please write down what you think cause would be really interested to discover new theories and ideas.

Thanks

Comments

• edited December 2017

If Bruce took the blame for theft, I think Agency will save him in the end. I think Selina and John might try to do that, maybe they'll even be working together, but they'll fail. One of them saving Bruce just sounds too simple and predictable to me. (but I wouldn't mind John saving me=D)

And if Selina is frozen, I think Bruce will be forced to leave her behind in order to proceed with his mission, and Gordon or Waller will save her. Or, maybe, Batman team, aka Alfred and Tiffany, by Bruce's command.

• edited December 2017

Interesting. So you count on Waller? I believe the same thing but I am afraid she fails him as she did by the end of episode 2 and she dosen't show up. I don't believe Gordon will have any role in this as we left him with a very bad relationship with Bruce in the last episode. What about Alfred? He has the new Drone we saw in episode 3 and Bruce can contact him?

• I consider Waller because she seems to use third forces as cannon fodder a lot, and even now, Batman is one of her best bets to avoid unneccesary casualties among her agents. She was hoping to use the Pact against Sanctus, while having an undercover operative among their ranks, but now she can still use Batman to go into direct danger. But Batman is as good as dead if nobody will come to help.

And her last fail she explained by EMP disabling their weapons, right? So she was helpless.

Actually, thats why I though about Gordon. =D I was thinking he might do something even more stupid, like coming into the den of wolves. Also, he's less expected option. But I don't really believe he'll show up.

Alfred is a possibility, but I just can't imagine, how he and this new Drone would make it in time to help Bruce. But Waller, I have the feeling, is right behind the corner, and can actually rush to help, if it's suites her.

babyzone posted: »

Interesting. So you count on Waller? I believe the same thing but I am afraid she fails him as she did by the end of episode 2 and she dosen

• I count on the agency too, this is my first choice :) . I hope Waller will be there to save him otherwise probably one of the two characters die and that would be really sooo sad...

• Bruce is doomed to live, he is Batman, and it's only episode 4. =D And Selina hardly have any chance to die, she is too important, and her death is pointless, the story wouldn't benefit from it. I don't think we should worry about them dying. =D

• edited December 2017

If I recall correctly Bruce has some gadgetery that allows him to "hack" like he did in episode 1. I have no doubt he can do it again even if the window is much shorter. The contacts Alfred mentioned will also come into play.

Otherwise, I'm not sure how we are going to get out of this situation. Selina is busy with the Pact, Waller probably can't dispatch men quickly enough, Alfred can't do much from where he is either.

But that's the price to pay for Selina not to be hurt and I certainly don't regret my choice.

Obviously Catwoman won't die if you betray her, but you will lose her completely and I don't think it's wise to add yet another enemy on the list.

• Maybe it depends on the relationship with characters. Like if youre a total asshole against Gordon he won't help you. But if you're relationship with Waller is good she will help you.

• mmm, he has the infrared and uv view integrated in the lenses, but can he really hack the killing box with that?

• Whatever you would do in episode 3 your relationship with Gordon will be bad, so I won't count on him. I hope Waller would do something...

Maybe it depends on the relationship with characters. Like if youre a total asshole against Gordon he won't help you. But if you're relationship with Waller is good she will help you.

• I think it's possible we have a choice of who to ask to help us.

• Suspense! I hope none dies anyways :)

I think it's possible we have a choice of who to ask to help us.

• Selina was close with Riddler, close enough to risk her life so it’s totally possible she knows some secret failsafe. There’s also an oven-caliber heater in the grating below her feet she can thaw her frozen arm out. That said, I WOULD NEVER SUBJECT HER TO THAT.

Freeze could save Bruce if Bruce promised him the resources to help Nora which you sort of have to do for admission to the pact- as Harley said, Nora is all Freeze cares about. He could’ve easily tinkered with that chamber!

There’s also the EMP device which either Bruce can maybe operate remotely or perhaps Selina or John will- we know for sure it hampers Freeze’s technology. It very well could screw up Riddler’s trap as well since it’s likely far less sophisticated.

I chose to let myself freeze because DUH Bruce will find a way but also because Catwoman won’t let Tiffany die and even if she couldn’t prevent the others from harming her, Tiffany is pretty deadly if she knows how to use her father’s tech which she probably does.

• edited January 2018

Thank you for these really very interesting theories. I didn't know about the heater in the grating below the feet of Selina. I don't know if we really can count on Mr Freeze. What about the Phalanx key? While I am editing a video today to show how catwoman can escape similar to the one in the link I posted above, I needed to go to episode 2 and I remember that when Bruce used the Phalanx key he didn't give it back to anyone. Strangely, Bruce was placed in the same feeze box that he opened with the Phalanx key earlier whereas catwoman was place in a burning killing box. The burning killing box was used in episode 1 when Batman go to riddler workshop with Gordon. So maybe she will manage to use the heater in the killing box to thaw her frozen arm and then she probably know the code to escape as batman did in episode 1. The EMP is a very interesting theory too, but we should remember that its in the subway hall next to the killing box, so who would get back to use it? Anyways, very interesting theories and I am happy to learn new things.

Selina was close with Riddler, close enough to risk her life so it’s totally possible she knows some secret failsafe. There’s also an oven-c

• I don't think anyone would get to Bruce in time. He's gonna hafta to save himself somehow.

• MMM, I agree with you that none will reach for Bruce on time. I believe in the Phalanx Key theory. Another possibility i discovered two days ago when I was editing a video and I watched again the scene at the end of episode 2 after leaving Harley behind. Mr Freeze tells Bruce that if Harley is not back, to open the freeze box John can help him with that cause he is the only one who know the code cause Harley told him. So I think that John can also help him by opening directly the freeze box cause he know the code or using the EMP device cause the Pact still has it.

GamerLady posted: »

I don't think anyone would get to Bruce in time. He's gonna hafta to save himself somehow.

• Nice catch! When does Freeze mention this? I don't I got that dialogue or I just missed it.

MMM, I agree with you that none will reach for Bruce on time. I believe in the Phalanx Key theory. Another possibility i discovered two days

• I don't recall that.

Nice catch! When does Freeze mention this? I don't I got that dialogue or I just missed it.

• You got it wrong, Freeze was talking about the safe where they held Catwoman's reward.

MMM, I agree with you that none will reach for Bruce on time. I believe in the Phalanx Key theory. Another possibility i discovered two days

• You are right, Freeze was talking about the safe of Harley cause the freeze box will be opened using the Phalanx Key. But still John is the only one who know the code top open the safe of Harley, meaning that if she use the same code for the killing box John is the only one who know that.

DOBLEDEDO posted: »

You got it wrong, Freeze was talking about the safe where they held Catwoman's reward.

• Depending on your choices in the ending scene Mr Freeze can talk to Bruce. I did not register the scene but probably someone has it already on youtube (I checked few but didnt see this dialogue!). However, I was mistaken about something. Freeze tell Bruce that John is the only person who know the code of Harley safe and not the freeze box (It make no sense if she know the code she wouldn't need the Phalanx key). Anyways, this mean that Harley share her codes only with John meaning that he may know the code she used by the end of episode 3 to lock the feeze box.

Nice catch! When does Freeze mention this? I don't I got that dialogue or I just missed it.

• I will answer the same thing as above. Depending on your choices in the ending scene Mr Freeze can talk to Bruce. I did not register the scene but probably someone has it already on youtube (I checked few but didnt see this dialogue!). However, I was mistaken about something. Freeze tell Bruce that John is the only person who know the code of Harley safe and not the freeze box (It make no sense if she know the code she wouldn't need the Phalanx key). Anyways, this mean that Harley share her codes only with John meaning that he may know the code she used by the end of episode 3 to lock the feeze box.

I don't recall that.

• The person I think will save Bruce is John because in John's eyes Bruce is his best friend and he is always willing to help him. Selina may also be one of the people to get him out but that could be tough since The Pact had to use the Phalanx Key to open the ice box unless she is an exceptionally good thief and pickpockets the key off of Harley. Catwoman may be rescued by Bruce, Batman, or probably taken into custody by GCPD if players are being friends with Gordon or perhaps since the Riddler was a mentor to her he made it so that if Selina was stuck in one of his traps they would not activate. Also another option would be that Catwoman is captured by Waller and studied.

• Interesting. But why you say the Phalanx key is with the pact? I don't remember Bruce giving back the Phalanx key after using it to open riddler box at the end of episode 2. For Selina, it's quite complicated. It's true there is few options for her, either she escape by herself cause she was very close to riddler and would know how to open the box or be saved by Bruce/batman in person cause he is the only one who knows how to open her kill box as he did this already in episode 1. I don't believe the GCPD or Gordon can save catwoman cause they don't know how to open the kill box she is stuck inside (In episode 1 the Agency member was dead on the floor at riddler workshop meaning none at the agency know how to open it)... it's gonna be soooo long to wait the 23th of January.... I am happy we are able to share our ideas here that helps me being patient :)

The person I think will save Bruce is John because in John's eyes Bruce is his best friend and he is always willing to help him. Selina may

• How can Bruce die. Since batman is facing Joker in episode 5 cover pic.

• I don't think neither Bruce or Selina will die. However I belive Selina might lose her left arm forcing her to retire.

• Well to be honest the Phalanx key is not shown in the inventory screen while you are playing kind of confirming that Harley took the key back. Also the Agency didn't know how to open the Riddler box he just knew he had to be in there until he could see Riddler's message on the screens without the polarization filer. Also I think its pretty much confirmed that Catwoman will lose her arm in the next episode, because she is the box and Mr. Freeze froze the bottom half of her arm and she will either suffer frostbite since she is trapped in there for so long or she may shatter it trying to escape from the box because shown by her attitude she is not someone to sit patiently waiting for someone to save her. I agree that the wait for Episode 4 is going to be long and chatting with everyone on the forums is a good way to make the time pass.

Interesting. But why you say the Phalanx key is with the pact? I don't remember Bruce giving back the Phalanx key after using it to open rid

• Neither Bruce nor Selina will die (it will be so stupid if telltale do this anyways cause they are putting a shitty ending to their game). I have created this thread to listen to what people think on the escape plan of bruce or Selina. I created the video I shared above to see if those who decided to take the blame on their self to cover Selina would do that if Bruce end up dead :) (we know this won't happen)

Shadow2122 posted: »

How can Bruce die. Since batman is facing Joker in episode 5 cover pic.

• It still really sad if she loose her hand. Hope her suite will protect her...

I don't think neither Bruce or Selina will die. However I belive Selina might lose her left arm forcing her to retire.

• I hope Selina will not loose her arm.... That's gonna be sooooo sad! And I also hope she already know how to escape cause was close enough to riddler to know his thought. For Bruce, let's rule out the Phalanx Key, what about John helping him using the EMP device? In episode 2 when the pact escape and leave bane/Harley behind, they leave in the GCPD bus in which the EMP device was meaning they took it back with them. Maybe John will use it to help Bruce? My theory is not convincing cause when they used the EMP device the first time the riddler box stored in the bus didn't open and they needed to use the Phalanx Key anyway..... Any thoughts to share about this? Thanks :)

Well to be honest the Phalanx key is not shown in the inventory screen while you are playing kind of confirming that Harley took the key bac

• Yes I hope that Selina doesn't lose her arm however, that is choice based and I think that you are right about EMP device not unlocking the ice box. However, it is an agency machine which means Waller knows how to unlock it which means either Avesta or Waller will save Bruce. For Catwoman I can only see Bruce saving her as either Batman or as himself. Also Catwoman can try to save Bruce but I think that she will not because she will lose her cover with The Pact. John can try to save Bruce but who knows if he will since he loves Harley and doesn't want to betray her.

I hope Selina will not loose her arm.... That's gonna be sooooo sad! And I also hope she already know how to escape cause was close enough t

• I'm sure something terrible what happen if it follows the trend of Telltale games.

• Only a couple more days till we see Alfred bust in guns blazing and saving Bruce and or Selina. Can't wait !

• Selina dies and then a time paradox slightly younger Selina shows up in a time machine from the past and everything is fine. Oh wait. Wrong game.

• That would be something I would like to see... :D

ManBat posted: »

Only a couple more days till we see Alfred bust in guns blazing and saving Bruce and or Selina. Can't wait !

• Quantum Break ?

Johro posted: »

Selina dies and then a time paradox slightly younger Selina shows up in a time machine from the past and everything is fine. Oh wait. Wrong game.

• Yall are assuming that the ice box is made by riddler, but as I recall it looks vastly different from the riddler boxes, also wouldnt it make more sense for it to be made by mister Freeze?

• edited January 2018

The ice box was made by Freeze. But if you choose to not take the fall, Selina breaks the box, so they put her in one of the Riddler's boxes.

Yall are assuming that the ice box is made by riddler, but as I recall it looks vastly different from the riddler boxes, also wouldnt it make more sense for it to be made by mister Freeze?

• I think it's a Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse reference.

Quantum Break ?

• Ahh, ok, makes sense

Pipas posted: »

The ice box was made by Freeze. But if you choose to not take the fall, Selina breaks the box, so they put her in one of the Riddler's boxes.

• Oh, sorry first thing I though about was that great game by Remedy.

Pipas posted: »

I think it's a Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse reference.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.