Best and Worst 2017 games you have played?

edited November 2017 in General Chat

I know we have one more month for this year but there aren't any anticipated games releasing this december so I'll just start right now. What is/are the best and the worst/most disappointing game(s) you have played this year? I only played 4 games released this year so here they are:

BEST

1.One of the best horror games full of replayability

2. An amazing expansion for Uncharted 4.

WORST

1.A chasing simulator with a confusing story and terrible characters.

2. I don't need to tell you, you know why.

Tagged:

Comments

Wouldn't say I disliked any game I played for myself this year. As for there being no anticipated games in December, I disagree :P

• edited November 2017

Breath of the Wild is really the game of the year for me.

Destiny 2 is really the biggest dissapointment of the year for me.

• BEST:

Resident Evil 7: Awesome game, loved it.
    Uncharted The Lost Legacy: probably my game of the year
    Wolfenstein 2: incredible game, writing was fantastic

WORST:

Outlast 2: What a letdown. Story and writing were terrible and the gameplay was so damn repetitive. Hopefully we get something like the first game and whistleblower again from the devs.

Star Wars Battlefront 2: I had extremely low expectations going in. I was only really interested in the single player story mode, and it was fucking garbage. None of the new characters were interesting or original in any way. The only thing I liked about it was the lore it added to the Star Wars universe, but that's just because I'm a huge Star Wars nerd.

• Game of the Year, as it has been since I played it, is still Resident Evil 7. It's absolutely flawless in every way. Runners up would be Outlast II (yes contrary to popular belief people actually enjoy this game big shock), Breath of the Wild (probably the second best zelda game ever tbh), Nioh (i love a good souls like what can i say) and the DS3 Ringed City DLC. I'd say Sonic Mania and Cuphead but I'm not far enough in either of them to make that judgement. Damn good games though.

As for worst I've played? Probably Sonic Forces. I thought the game was gonna suck and even I was let down. Good fucking job, Sonic Team. Brilliant work you incompetent dickheads.

• Sighs

MORE people hitting on Destiny 2. And everyone wonders why I've been so depressed lately. I love that game...

MasterStone posted: »

Breath of the Wild is really the game of the year for me. Destiny 2 is really the biggest dissapointment of the year for me.

• edited November 2017

Star Wars Battlefront 2: I had extremely low expectations going in. I was only really interested in the single player story mode, and it was fucking garbage. None of the new characters were interesting or original in any way. The only thing I liked about it was the lore it added to the Star Wars universe, but that's just because I'm a huge Star Wars nerd.

Yeah, I was interested in the story mode as well and even the campaign is just as shit as the multiplayer. They also consider it canon to the movies and this game doesn't even advance the plot of the Sequel Trilogy. Also, it doesn't even have anything to do with the trailers because we were expecting to play as the Empire through the entire game and not even 5 missions later, this character Iden joins the Rebellion ASAP. Also also, the story is predictable as fuck because it's just the same plot from Return of the Jedi, the Fall of Empire.
    I knew EA would screw this up when I heard that Visceral Games was shut down and will turn Amy Hennig's linear story-driven Star Wars game into a Destiny style game. I feel so bad for Hennig, she hasn't made a game since Uncharted 3. First Dead Space, than Mass Effect and now Battlefront. When the fuck are you going to learn from your mistakes, EA, you retarded pieces of shits? STOP USING MICROTRANSACTIONS IN AAA GAMES!!!!!

BEST: Resident Evil 7: Awesome game, loved it. Uncharted The Lost Legacy: probably my game of the year Wolfenstein 2: incredible game,

• I'm sure it will get better as D1 did as years went by.

Sighs MORE people hitting on Destiny 2. And everyone wonders why I've been so depressed lately. I love that game...

• I'm sure of that, but 99% of the Internet thinks it's crap and will always be.

MasterStone posted: »

I'm sure it will get better as D1 did as years went by.

• I'm sure of that, but 99% of the Internet thinks it's crap and will always be

Not everyone like the games you like. And it hurts when you see someone hating on something you like. But sometimes you just have to deal with it, if you're happy playing the game, that's what matters and not other people opinions.

• I wouldn't call it such anticipated if it's not a popular title.

MichaelBP posted: »

1. 2. 3. 4. 5. Wouldn't say I disliked any game I played for myself this year. As for there being no anticipated games in December, I disagree :P

• Best games I've played
    Wolfenstein 2, great story and everything else was so good.
    WWE 2k18, the reason why I'm putting this on my list is because I play it everyday.
    Friday the 13th, I've really enjoy playing it especially with friends.
    Life is strange BTS, really great game love every bit

Ok games I've played
    Resident evil 7, it's a ok game but pretty disappointed when you compare it with the 1st one I think it's a great game for un-resident evil fans.
    Star wars battlefront 2, the story started off strong but got really disappointed in the end.

Worst games I've played
    The walking dead a new frontier, I don't think i need to explain my reasons but after everything It's happen I'm still looking forward to see how Clem's story will end.
    That's it really i don't really hate many games.

• Resident evil 7, it's a ok game but pretty disappointed when you compare it with the 1st one I think it's a great game for un-resident evil fans.

You kidding? RE7 was pretty much what I liked about Resident Evil Remake.

BigGazMan posted: »

Best games I've played Wolfenstein 2, great story and everything else was so good. WWE 2k18, the reason why I'm putting this on my list i

• they made it too similar IMO

• That's what made it soo good IMO

BigGazMan posted: »

they made it too similar IMO

• kind of ghosty here :neutral:

• Best game: probably Prey

Most disappointing game would be Mass Effect Anromeda, it was not as bad as people say, and I had fun, it just didnt have any of the stuff that made the trilogy so good

• BEST
    - Tekken 7
    - LiS:BTS
    - Uncharted: The Lost Legacy

WORST
    - The Walking Dead: A New Frontier
    - Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

• The most disappointing :
    -Mass Effect Andromeda.
    What a letdown. EA clearly neglected this IP in favor of Anthem.
    Shame.

The best :
    Batman the Enemy Within
    Wolfenstein the New Colossus

• Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Get ready for an upcoming hate army.

BEST - Tekken 7 - LiS:BTS - Uncharted: The Lost Legacy WORST - The Walking Dead: A New Frontier - Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

• I played [LoZ:BOTW] from start to end. While I was on my first quarter of the game, I was bored beyond belief. Even continuing to finish this game was pretty much like abusing myself. Probably the most boring, and over-hyped Nintendo title this year.

AronDracula posted: »

* Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Get ready for an upcoming hate army.

• I'm not a fan of it either. I think it's a good game but it doesn't deserve a lot of 10/10 reviews, it makes it overrated.

I played [LoZ:BOTW] from start to end. While I was on my first quarter of the game, I was bored beyond belief. Even continuing to finish this game was pretty much like abusing myself. Probably the most boring, and over-hyped Nintendo title this year.

• Best:
    Resident Evil 7 really was the return to form Resident Evil needed I was never a big RE fan more of a Silent Hill fan, RIP, but this one really surprised me

Shadow of War: ya ya loot boxes but this game is fantastic and unlike Battlefront which tried to hinder people who didn't purchase loot boxes I can safely say they didn't effect Shadow of War at all, I never even went to the market let alone open a lootbox. Other than Persona 4 which I played earlier this year this is the game I sunk the most time into putting in around 40 hours and other than maybe the final two waves of Shadow Wars I enjoyed every minute, game is a blast.

Worst:

Mass effect Andromeda: Man it sucks that my favorite series have all been getting shit on lately from Dead Rising 4 not understanding what makes Dead Rising great despite claiming being a return to form, to Silent Hill literally being dead and buried, to this dumpster fire it's a bad time to be a series I like I just hope this curse doesn't bleed over to anime I like and My Hero Academia becomes shit too.

• Best: League of Legends, I'm playing with lol account lvl 30 which I bought here https://gamestore.live/lol-accounts/lvl-30/ and for me this game not boring. Worst: Sonic Forces

• Great, another overrated game. If you like it, I respect that.

SoFree posted: »

Best: League of Legends, I'm playing with lol account lvl 30 which I bought here https://gamestore.live/lol-accounts/lvl-30/ and for me this game not boring. Worst: Sonic Forces

• edited January 2018

Best:
    Cuphead
    Resident Evil 7
    Prey

Worst:
    The Walking Dead: A New Frontier

• Best :
    Cuphead
    Hollow Knight
    Divinity Original Sin 2 !!!
    South Park The Fractured But Whole was a good sequel

The worst :
    Mass effect Andromeda,it's a good game but not a good mass effect game more like a "spin off" it's really weak compared to the trilogy.
    The Walking Dead:A New Frontier,i know some people like it but you can't deny it's a weak season compared to the first two.

• CathalOHaraCathalOHara Moderator
    edited January 2018

BEST
    Super Mario Odyssey - My game of the year.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - A really close runner's up.

Sonic Mania - Probably the best Sonic game ever.

Injustice 2 - Was a huge fan of the first one and was really relieved this one turned out as good. Was worried especially since I was quite disappointed with MKX.

WORST
    I generally keep away from bad games, so I only have one on here and it's more-so disappointing.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite - A Marvel game that actually DOES have better gameplay than MVC 3 but has some of the worst presentation I've ever seen a AAA game ever get. It also had a really ugly Dante and Chun-Li prior to release and the game (and making the ultimate Capcom hero Dante look like this is just a sin). It really, really lacks polish and is clearly unfinished, I'd even say only about 40% was finished at launch.

And while I DO absolutely love Batman The Enemy Within I don't really like ranking a Telltale game until all five episodes are out. So it ain't on here for the time being.

• Zelda is fantastic. How far are you?

CathalOHara posted: »

BEST Super Mario Odyssey - My game of the year. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - A really close runner's up. Sonic Ma

• 2017 was a pretty slow year.

Favorites:
    Ghost Recon - no idea why they made the expansions separate instead of implemented into the single player map, but the game was a blast when I had a full fireteam of friends. Nothing like watching someone jump in the trunk of the car you're driving and yelling go as they're being chased by a bunch of enemies lol

Sims 4 console - first Sims I've played since the original in 2000 or whenever. Great throwback for me.

Most disappointing:

Fortnite - Charges at least 40 dollars for the privilege of beta testing it, locks just about every character behind a ridiculous grind with characters you may or may not actually want to play with. You can also pay money for ingame money instead of grinding for it, and try your luck at buying lootbox that also contain literally everything else in the game as well while you hope to get a playable character. You'll probably get a survivor, which is just a card that you add to an unseen team that's little more than a stat increase. Half the fun of Fortnite is staring at numbers like you're doing taxes. Also, slow down most of the work on the game people paid money to test so you can focus on ripping off the vastly superior and more popular PUBG, because why do work when you can let someone else do it, then imitate them. **** Fortnite.

A New Frontier - We've all been over this.

Destiny 2 - This one actually lasted me a lot longer than the original, and was definitely a huge improvement. And then one of the expansions they started advertising before the game even came out dropped. Remember the heroic strikes from the first game? Pepperidge Farm does. And now you can play them again, if you buy the dlc. Nobody seemed to like that Destiny 1 began locking players out of dailies, weekly's, and nightfalls if you didn't pay additional money for each new dlc. Let's do that again, you should buy the dlc. Thanks for the 60 dollars, though!

• edited January 2018

worst game: the sniper 2
    this is self-explanatory.

• I finished it a few months ago actually! I had it on the Wii U, that was the biggest problem I had with it actually. I wish I got it on the Switch, the framerate drop on the Wii U was frustrating at times.

Zelda is fantastic. How far are you?

• I have it on the Switch. I tried playing it on the Wii U and just couldn't because of the framerate drop you mentioned and the remote was twice as bulky.

I've got all four divine beasts down and at least 60 shrines. I plan on confronting Ganon sometime.

CathalOHara posted: »

I finished it a few months ago actually! I had it on the Wii U, that was the biggest problem I had with it actually. I wish I got it on the Switch, the framerate drop on the Wii U was frustrating at times.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.