The Walking Dead Tips for the Final Season

Hey guys these are my five tips for the final season of The Walking Dead.

God bless everyone.

Comments

• 1, Moralis was seen and spoken to in this current season. Daryl killed him.

1. It's a zombie apocalypse. You wouldn't always get closure. Even without a zombie apocalypse, sometimes you never find out what happened to someone in the real world we live in. Add a zombie apocalypse and it'd be far more common. Like Lily, assuming Lee didn't kill her, she drives off and is never seen again and that's fine. That's realistic. What's not realistic is running into lost characters years later and hundreds of miles away simply for the sake of learning what happened. Also, Christa's baby died. They never specifically say so but it's heavily implied that it died. We don't know how, but it's definitely dead.

2. I won't argue with you there. Definitely were too many similarities between some characters.

3. You make valid points, however I still disagree. I'd be more inclined to agree if Clem had been kept as a secondary, non controlled character the entire series but she hasn't been. Any possibility to indirectly shape her is gone. Additionally, the final season needs to focus entirely on Clem and what she's doing and how her story ends up and in order to achieve that she'll need to be playable.

4. Yeah the episodic format is not good and needs to die. Release the whole game at once. Not only for better storytelling, because they could simply write the entire game before starting actual work on episode 1 and that'd fix that problem. They need to release the whole game at once because releasing an episode, then 2 months later another episode, then 4 months later another, etc, it's annoying.

• "What's not realistic is running into lost characters years later and hundreds of miles away simply for the sake of learning what happened." That happened with Merle in the series.

Moralis and them came back? Oh never knew that, thanks for letting me know.

Yes perhaps Clem needs to be playable at the end but I don't think during the whole game. I just feel like the past decisions don't really matter if the player can just ignore them and make basically the opposite decisions.

Thank you for watching the video and for the comment.

God bless you.

• I think the main problem with Clem not being a playable character in ANF is mostly because its badly handled. Its not like how Clem in S1 wasnt playable, but was important in every way. ANF she isnt playable (except the flashbacks) and besides the flashbacks, she is just barely in the game and serves no purpose to the story either. If ANF was handled correctly, I think the Clem not being playable wouldnt be as big of an issue as it was, but it turned out to be an issue simply because Clem was handled really badly and felt like she didnt belong, thus making her inclusion feel like a huge miss.

I know people dont like waiting for episodes, but it is better this way. First of all we'd be waiting even longer for the game to release and then everyone would be mad why theres only like 1 Telltale game a year, and if you truly find the waiting annoying now, you can just wait for it to fully release. But more importantly is Telltale does change things based on player feedback. Think back on how awful ANF was, especially those first 2 episodes. Those first 2 episodes alone killed Season 3, with episodes 3 - 5 trying to fix the shitty plot that was started. Those 2 eps did so much damage no matter how hard they tried to make the plot better, it just sucked because they couldnt just ignore the plot that was set up. Now can you imagine if there was no player feedback from those first 2 eps and Telltale made the entire game and then released it? ANF would have been even worse. Even though many times it seems Telltale doesnt listen to fans, they listen enough to change somethings, so its better to have it this way than having them complete the whole game for everyone to hate it.

1, Moralis was seen and spoken to in this current season. Daryl killed him. * It's a zombie apocalypse. You wouldn't always get closure

• I'd be a lot more ok with the episodic release format if they'd actually stick to a schedule instead of huge fluctuations. If you're gonna do an episode a month, great, but don't release episode 1, then episode 2 a month a later, then episode 3 4 months after ep 2, and another month to ep 4, then 2 months to 5. pick a schedule and stick with it, or better yet, just wait until it's done and then release it all at once. And yes, even though that means waiting longer to get another game. If you're playing the game as episodes drop you forget details from one episode to the next because at best a month has gone by, and at worst 4 or 5 months have gone by between episodes. It's better to play it all at once so everything stays fresh in your mind as you move from one chapter to the next.

Poogers555 posted: »

I think the main problem with Clem not being a playable character in ANF is mostly because its badly handled. Its not like how Clem in S1 wa

• Well they used to have a monthly schedule they stuck took pretty well for a time, but then things like ANF happened so delays... Not saying its acceptable to suddenly stop doing a solid schedule but to be fair Telltale never said they did have one. Again though, if Telltale didnt release the game in episodes fan feedback would be absent, and like I said, ANF would have been even worst if it released all at once, if Telltale starts going in a bad direction that fans dont like, it is possible for fans to change Telltale's mind on where they are taking the story. Imagine if Walking Dead S1 released all at once but Telltale failed at making people care for Clem, they didnt get any feedback from real people playing and seeing what people liked so they could add to that. For Telltale, I think episodic is important to them so they learn what players want, Telltale has confirmed they change plot details based on choice statistics before. If a main issue is you forget between episodes, I would just recommend waiting for the full season to wrap up, if it really is an issue and plenty of people play Telltale games like this. If anything it just gives a choice. Either play it live and discuss ect, and wait between the episodes and see it earlier, or just wait for the full season to wrap up and then play.

I'd be a lot more ok with the episodic release format if they'd actually stick to a schedule instead of huge fluctuations. If you're gonna d

• I would, of course, prefer to play the episodes sooner rather than later. But if I had to choose between the faster release schedule of ANF and the quality of the first two seasons, I'd gladly take the longer wait times that accompanied the first two games. Like @Poogers555 said, there definitely seems to be a benefit in allowing fan feedback, episode 4 in particular had some scenes that seemed to be tied directly to the disappointment that followed the release of the first two episodes. The people making the game can get a better idea of where the fans stand on an episode by episode basis, and anyone who doesn't mind waiting longer for a complete game instead of going episode by episode can still do that.

I'd be a lot more ok with the episodic release format if they'd actually stick to a schedule instead of huge fluctuations. If you're gonna d

• I don't mind waiting for episodes I just more think they should complete the whole game before releasing the episodes. I think Resident evil did that with their episodic game.

Thank you for the comment.

God bless you.

I think the main problem with Clem not being a playable character in ANF is mostly because its badly handled. Its not like how Clem in S1 wa

• I think that TellTale should keep the episodic style and then just release the whole game on disc for people who don't want to wait for each episode's release. That's what they used to do with their older games like The Walking Dead, The Wolf Among Us, Tales from the Borderlands, and Game of Thrones. Only recently did they start the season pass disc which I dislike because I'd rather have all the episodes on the disc.

• What happened to their release schedule is they got game of the year for walking dead season 1 and started getting IPs thrown at them left and right, took on too many projects but didn't expand their staff enough to compensate for the increased work load. As a result, release schedules started getting screwed up and the quality of their games suffered because they didn't have enough people to properly focus on each title. Honestly, as far as quality of work is concerned, getting GOTY for walking dead season 1 was the worst thing that happened for the company. If they hadn't gotten that, hadn't had too many IPs thrown at them, they would have been able to better focus on each game they made, giving each one the attention and manpower it deserved.

Well they used to have a monthly schedule they stuck took pretty well for a time, but then things like ANF happened so delays... Not saying

• Yeah I 100% agree. I think this goes hand in hand with with quality of the episodes too. Its very annoying to have to wait a strangely long amount of time for an episode, but when it does come out you expect to be great, but sometimes its not. I think thats the biggest issue, and its like you said, too many IPs. However I think the largest problem is just how staff was handled (which I hope stops with the new ceo and all the lay offs) but employees were constantly just thrown to projects. Telltale needs to have way WAY better pre planning. For one, lead season writer and the other writers need to stay on the same project at all times, and have them focus just on their game. For some strange reason Telltale thinks, yo what if we just move everyone around each episode? This is half the problem with ANF, the Season Lead Writer changed in every episode. How the hell can you have someone be the "Season lead" but have them write just a single episode?

What happened to their release schedule is they got game of the year for walking dead season 1 and started getting IPs thrown at them left a

• I'm not against it being episodic. I just think they should finish production of all the episodes before releasing the first one so that there will be not much inconsistency.

Thank you for the comment.

God bless you.

I think that TellTale should keep the episodic style and then just release the whole game on disc for people who don't want to wait for each

1. I 100% agree with your suggestion about universe crossovers. Paul is a good character but writers were unable to properly use him due to his crucial role in the comics. Ultimately, he just stole screen time and development away from other characters writers did have control over. Characters from comics shouldn't be a part of this game unless it is a character the comics are completely done with and won't ever be using again.

2. Tying up loose ends would be a good touch for the final season so long as it has its limits. There are certain things that should be left open, not everything ends up resolved or known about what happened to people. People who get separated don't always magically find their way back to each other. Season Two actually handled this well finding Kenny was a miracle but it was justified because miracles do sometimes happen and this miracle only happened once with one character throughout the entire season so it didn't stretch the limits of reality too far. At the most there should only be one maybe two returning characters. If the series is all about Clem finding a new character from her past numerous times throughout the season it would be completely stupid. Returning characters would be great so long as it is limited to one maybe two characters at the most. This also goes for loose ends some should be filled but within realism and reason.

3. I completely agree with having strong well written characters for the final season. Strong and interesting characters are a crucial factor in making these games good and memorable.

4. I don't agree with not playing as Clementine at all. Clementine is the main character of Telltale's The Walking Dead Franchise. In the first season you play as Lee who teaches her how to survive in a world gone to hell and finds redemption in doing so. Lee heavily influenced Clementine and prepared her for the life she would be faced with. In the end Lee dies in an act that saved Clem's life. Picking up the story from parent figure to child was the perfect way to continue the series and live up to Lee's legacy. There are many different ways players could have chosen for Lee to teach and prepare Clem for the world ahead of her. Playing as Clementine in season 2 allowed players the freedom to synchronize their version of Lee's lessons to how they make their version of Clementine act in season 2. If players choose to reject the teachings their version of Lee taught Clem, it is not unrealistic at all. Having the freedom to either accept or reject the lessons learned from Lee was a perfect way of handling the situation. Just because somebody tells you how to do something doesn't mean that you are guaranteed to follow what they tell you to do, even if you love and respect that person. Making Clementine a side character in ANF completely threw out the many possibilities and character development she had that was tailored in the first two seasons. Instead of giving players freedom to control Clem and acknowledge their previous development of her, Clementine was simply a side character who pretty much only acted a single way regardless of how she was previously tailored. ANF tossed aside two seasons of build up by pushing Clem to the sidelines. Luckily Telltale has wised up from the mistakes of ANF and in the final season are returning the focus to the main character of the entire franchise, Clementine. She started out as the child you were protecting, since then she has gone through a full loop and is now the parent attempting to find and protect her own child. I'm glad we will be controlling her as she enters this journey and not some new character we have yet to build an attachment to watching her get work done thinking they have the right to tell Clem what to do.

5. I agree that they need to plan out the main story before releasing the first episode. They don't need to have the last episodes, animated, voice acted, and programmed yet but they definitely need to have a plan as to where the story is going next that way they can avoid plot holes. ANF had such a drastic rewrite in episode 3 that didn't make sense at all. In Ties that Bind they were building up the New Frontier as this terrifying powerful organization who took things over by force. They used walkers to take out communities, took Richmond over from the previous owners, etc. They were also building up Clementine to have this dark past with the New Frontier. In episode 2 if you use Clem as a bargaining chip they seemed happy to see her as if they had finally caught a stray sheep. While pushing Clem to the sidelines was a mistake they did have a few interesting arcs going for it at first. Then episode 3 came around and all of a sudden Clementine doesn't have a dark past and was simply exiled because she was trying to save her child who she apparently should have left to die but after kicking her out they decided to keep him anyways even though they claimed less than a minute ago that he should have been left in the woods to die? Seriously that sentence I just wrote didn't make any sense at all. Just like how the way they chose to rewrite Clem's past in episode 3 made no sense. If this was really the case, in episode 2 why was Max satisfied to see her again and Clementine acted as if she went through all this effort to get out of the New Frontier's grasp only to be thrown back into their clutches. If they had made a plan for the entire season and wrote the main story before releasing the first episode this problem could have easily been fixed. You would likely be happy to hear that judgin by the post of a narrative designer for the final season it looks like they are in fact planning ahead for the final season and are currently writing episode 2. Here's the link to the post I'm talking about. It's not officialy confirmed evidence but it does suggest something.

1. Well that did happen more in the Walking dead series than normal. I mean even the Mexican guy I mentioned in the video I think returned in the show.

2. I just think being able to completely ignore almost everything you were taught is pretty unrealistic. Even children who try to get away from their parents teachings end up getting some of their traits usually. Plus I enjoyed playing as someone who influences her as opposed to playing as her.

3. Yeah but if they dont do the audio and finalize everything from the beginning they may eventually change their plans as done in previous seasons and we may get something like we did in the past seasons where one episode doesn't truly follow another.

Thank you for watching the video and for the comment.

God bless you.

Veeeee posted: »

* I 100% agree with your suggestion about universe crossovers. Paul is a good character but writers were unable to properly use him due to h

Sign in to comment in this discussion.