The perfect theme song for each character?

Comments

• Okay here's an interesting one:

So ANF Clementine and a Clem of the same age from an alternate universe where the ZA didn't happen both somehow get into songwriting. What songs do you feel are close to what both Clems would write?

• I was looking for the "Man in Black" a few months ago and came by this song. I thought about posting it, but had a feeling it would fall onto deaf ears. Good to see it on here.

Cocoa2736 posted: »

I could imagine Kenny singing this to himself and to Clementine at the end of season 2

• edited February 2018

I want to talk about Walk Among The Cobras, the song that plays in Nate's truck.

Here's the lyrics I want to analyze.

Well I found out, what it's like To walk among the cobras and, really be alone And to pick at all the bones

Whatever group Nate was a part of before Wyatt's story, it can be easily inferred that they weren't the most righteous people. I like the idea that Nate was secretly horrified at what they were doing just like Russell was for his group. After all Nate could've easily gunned down Russell and took his backpack when he found him by the side of the road.

Well I found out, what it meant To really say I'm starving, and the truth was so alarming And in fact I find it haunting

This verse is talking about the lengths people will go out of desperation. I think this line could also refer to how Nate feels there is no worthy cause to serve anymore after society collapsed except to serve your own instincts. Nate was starving for someone to talk to when he came across Russell for example.

Well I found out, what it's worth For a girl to say "I love you" and "God bless the stars above you"

Gives credence to the belief that this song is about Nate and not Russell considering his speech about how a woman's love is all men have left to live for in the ZA.

Well I found out, what it meant To really earn a dollar

Money is completely worthless in the ZA, and thus there isn't much incentive to go about things in a "lawful" way anymore, at least in Nate's eyes.

and to scream instead of holler

Hollering implies the intent is for someone to hear your cries, in contrast screaming is done largely in reaction to intense pain, grief or fear. Nate was all alone by the time of Russell's story and so there would be no point in hollering for help.

And to lead instead of follow

Part of the reason why I thought we would see Nate slither his way into a leader position some time in the future.

And I found out, they were right The man who'll rob your eyes to see And it's all in front of me

Can be talking about Russell POV but I like the idea that this is about Nate instead. How the people he was with had taught him to be barbaric and self indulgent and how he had to become that man to survive.

And the truth won't set you free.

Like Kenny said "And I wake up, and nothing's changed, I'm still taking a beating, everyday." Only while Kenny pushes everyone away with his wallowing self pity and emotionally fueled aggression, Nate pushes people away with his psychotic hedonism.

I might do the rest of the lyrics later.

• If there was ever a little mini-episode where we see what happened to Bonnie and Mike (don't care about arvo), the only theme song I could think of is this.

Any - more accurate - suggestions?

• edited February 2018

Let's analyze Salty Seas in the context of Sarah, since I think we can all agree that the song is about her.

The salty seas behind the eye

After Carlos died it can be presumed that Sarah felt like she was lost at sea in her own mind, drowning in the reality that she had been thrust into.

The falling leaf that never tries to hold on to what keeps it alive

Once a leaf falls it can't hold on to anything on it's own anymore; it is helpless to descend to the ground. Carlos would be her branch in this analogy, when he died Sarah lost the only thing keeping her from crashing down. The "never tries" part refers to Jane's ( and determinantly Clementine's) lack of empathy towards Sarah's ordeal.

I was so green nothing could touch me

Refers to how Sarah felt under Carlos's sheltered parenting.

I'm not saying that this is good or bad I'm not saying that I want to go

I think a commonly overlooked detail of Amid The Ruins is that Sarah was somewhat suicidal (or at least dealing with ideation) but she was too distraught to articulate her feelings. I think this line is referring to how she's feels about her own death.

The summer dream behind the eye And it's the sleep that makes me alive

Considering that it is almost winter during Amid The Ruins I interpret this as how Sarah started dwelling on the past before the cabin group's feud with Carvers camp blew up in their faces since she delusionally tells Clem about how they should head back to the cabin once her dad comes back.

What are your thoughts? Do you have a different interpretation of the lyrics?

• If every episode in ANF had its own end credits song just like Season 2 what are some songs that you feel would be best suited for each?

• Lets do another in depth look, this time at Grim Ranger.

He went ranging up on the outskirts

I believe the "he" in this line refers to AJ and how he was travelled out of the outskirts of Richmond.

firelight gave them away

"Firelight" is alluding to the hope Clem was given after hearing the info that David and Lingard revealed about AJ's health and whereabouts respectively.

For in these eyes there's never enough light to blind me

As Luke put it, " I just, wanted to forget about this mess for ten minutes." (paraphrasing) For Clem there will never be enough reasons to forget the horrible apocalypse she has been forced to live in. She will hold on to whatever "light" she can find.

But at night I don't go out too far Blinded eyes and blinking stars For the thing that I hold true It ain't just the dark it's the dark in you

The first line is referring to how Clem doesn't go out too far anymore in search of more people to hold onto, or "light". As Clem said: "Having people around is nice, but it only ends up hurting in the end." It's not just the physical dangers that scare Clementine but also the emotional trauma that would come when the "light" that blinds her to the atrocities of the ZA is eventually snuffed out. She's desperate for some kind of hope to cling to but at the same time she knows that nothing lasts forever in the new world and eventually she will be consumed in darkness again.

What are your thoughts? Please feel free to share your own interpretations.

• Sure ain't nothin I normally listen to. It'll probably take a while to find anything worth mentioning.

If every episode in ANF had its own end credits song just like Season 2 what are some songs that you feel would be best suited for each?

• edited February 2018

While I don't know about specific songs, given that I never heard any of the credits songs and what wrapped the most recent installment, I do think it should at least follow Season 2[ and maybe Michonne]'s example and have each episode's song be associated with a particular character.

EDIT: Here's a quick summary
    Part 1: Mariana and/or the Garcia's in general(Nothing too upbeat, but definitely nothing depressing either)
    Part 2: Conrad and maybe Gabe(Something indicating internal conflict, like A2's Chosen One)
    Above the Law: David or Kate/Clementine(No idea what to invoke here, given how somewhat straightforward yet lore heavy the episode is)
    Thicker than Water: Gabe(Maybe something related to trust and strained relationships)
    From the Gallows: Grim Ranger(Still haven't figured out who this could be referring to, but let's just assume it's Javier)

Didn't mean to mirror Season 2 so much here, but whatever.

If every episode in ANF had its own end credits song just like Season 2 what are some songs that you feel would be best suited for each?

• Good point. I'll keep that in mind while I search.

DabigRG posted: »

While I don't know about specific songs, given that I never heard any of the credits songs and what wrapped the most recent installment, I d

• Grim Ranger(Still haven't figured out who this could be referring to, but let's just assume it's Javier)

Yeah it could be about Javier. I just thought that the motifs that I could interpret were more applicable to Clem's inner turmoil. Some lines could be referring to Javier but I think the POV of the singer is suppose to be Clementine.

While I don't know about specific songs, given that I never heard any of the credits songs and what wrapped the most recent installment, I d

• That does sound about right.

Grim Ranger(Still haven't figured out who this could be referring to, but let's just assume it's Javier) Yeah it could be about Javi

• Well, I did find this in my searches that could be close to P1

Forgive me for my lack of detail. I suck at figurative description.

shiver, the night deals a blow
    nature stopped listening a long time ago

In that one night, she was given another example at what the world has turned into. She wanted it to end and for the world to become less unfriendly. To know that she, and her family, are not the only beings left who care for more than themselves.

made my request for a painless death
    would've been better off holding my breath

She didn't want anyone to die in a bad way and wanted things to get better. Unfortunately, it didn't end as well as she hoped. Given the odds, she should've expected this to happen and had been prepared for it, but she didn't want to shut out others to do that. It would've made her into the very thing she didn't want to become.

i know the body wants to live
    damn the heart that keeps jumping again

With what she was forgetting of the past and what they have left, I bet she had this question come up in her head at least once. What is going to happen to us? The longer we go. Will we continue to live because we believe it's right to, or will it just be from thoughtless instinct? This is something that she fears happening to them, too. Along with everyone else they saw in those 4 years completely lose themselves to these animalistic thoughts. Javi and Kate with their weapons, Gabe with his gun. All capable of violence if they decide it's necessary.

And how quickly it can change you, with just having the opportunity.

however bad where i've been
    i got my feet wet again
    feet wet
    feet wet...

She wanted things to become peaceful, and for people to care for eachother again, but that didn't happen. She was exposed to more murder, death, and what true violent intent can bring. And, despite her hopes, it ended her.

Any other interpretation? Or any thoughts you want to add? Feel free. I feel there were things I wanted to express with my interpretation but I couldn't find the right words to do it.

• Repeats of all the questions I have posted so far for visibility's sake:

Do you know of a song that you feel would've made a better replacement for Grim Ranger as the music that plays at the end of A New Frontier?

What song best fits the Stranger Lee meets in No Time Left?

What song best fits Christa?

What genres of music do you believe each character would enjoy?

Are there any bands you know of that you think certain characters would love listening to?

If every season had it's own theme song that played at the start of each episode like Gun In My Hand in Michonne which songs do you think would make the best fit for each one?

So ANF Clementine and a Clem of the same age from an alternate universe where the ZA didn't happen both somehow get into songwriting. What songs do you feel are close to what both Clems would write?

• Is there a song that you feel will accurately capture the themes and/or aesthetics that will underlie The Final Season?

To give an example @Zombiekiller3121 predicts that this will make a fitting theme song for TFS.

• Alternatively is there a song that you hope will capture the themes/aesthetics of The Final Season?

• I thought about this song

You can disregard everything after 5:22, unless you want to hear some random sounds.

But if you're asking for something with hidden interpretation, yet again, It will take awhile to find it, If you haven't found it already.

Alternatively is there a song that you hope will capture the themes/aesthetics of The Final Season?

• GohanFGCGohanFGC Banned
    edited February 2018

Friendship, Family, Loss, Empathy, Memories, Betrayal. I posted this earlier, but the idea is that No matter what happens, whatever path Clem takes, and whatever choices she makes, it's gonna end with sadness for her. Morbid as it Sounds.

Alternatively is there a song that you hope will capture the themes/aesthetics of The Final Season?

• So ANF Clementine and a Clem of the same age from an alternate universe where the ZA didn't happen both somehow get into songwriting. What songs do you feel are close to what both Clems would write?

Without ZA:

With ZA:

• I looked up the band that made the ending songs for season 2 episodes 1 and 3. I have found that I really like their music. The lyrics are interesting and unique as opposed to the redundant love, drugs, and alcohol crap found in a lot of songs.

I feel like this song really suits Clementine. The way it describes a better life in younger days and how the world grows darker with age makes me think of how she used to be such a sweet innocent little girl but was forced to harden and change to survive in the apocalypse.

I think this one works well for Javier/David.

• This was the question I was most hoping to get a response to. I love the poignance contrast in mood between the two songs, which was the effect I was hoping to get in an answer.

All I ever wanted all I ever needed is here in my arms

This line definitely stands out as something Clem would write, since AJ is pretty much the only semblance of family she has now.

Good choices, thank you :smile:

So ANF Clementine and a Clem of the same age from an alternate universe where the ZA didn't happen both somehow get into songwriting. What songs do you feel are close to what both Clems would write? Without ZA: With ZA:

• You're welcome. I hope I can find more like this someday.

But, since I have the next four days off from work...

This was the question I was most hoping to get a response to. I love the poignance contrast in mood between the two songs, which was the eff

• edited March 2018

Hi @Alyssa_TTG !

Whenever you have the time I was wondering if we could get a definitive answer as to the significance Grim Ranger has in regard to A New Frontier. Thank you guys for introducing me to Lungs and Limbs btw!

Looking forward to seeing how The Final Season turns out :smile:

• This is Clementine's:

• edited March 2018

I hear this song so often at work, it's not even funny.

This is Clementine's:

• edited March 2018

0:00-0:30
    enter image description here

This is Clementine's:

• Okay. I'm Crying Right Now. :'(

This is Clementine's:

• Please tell me this has been posted before...

A perfect song for TWD, right?

• While the song itself is alright, the singer's sounds oddly out of breath in a few places.

Acheive250 posted: »

Please tell me this has been posted before... A perfect song for TWD, right?

• edited March 2018

I hope if there was a scene where Clem has a last stand, or has a moment of pure desperation to do what she thinks is right. I hope there would get to see it with no sound and a song like this would play over it. Almost like she is completely numbed to everything around her besides she is setting out to do.

I wish there was a remaster of this.

• edited March 2018

. * Things are blowing up, Other kids/youths are dying, Walker are eating people alive,
    The entire area is filtered blood red *

♪, I am on my waaay, I can go the distance
    I don't care how faaar, somehow I'll be strong

I hope if there was a scene where Clem has a last stand, or has a moment of pure desperation to do what she thinks is right. I hope there wo

• Well, how descriptive of you. :D

. * Things are blowing up, Other kids/youths are dying, Walker are eating people alive, The entire area is filtered blood red * ♪, I am on my waaay, I can go the distance I don't care how faaar, somehow I'll be strong♩

• Whatever gets the point across.

Well, how descriptive of you.

• I was actually hoping Telltale would do a remix of Armed With Death for a scene like that. Maybe slowed down to around the same pace as your song.

I hope if there was a scene where Clem has a last stand, or has a moment of pure desperation to do what she thinks is right. I hope there wo

• "Armed with death" I wonder if that title will once again be relevant. ?

You can kinda get that effect if you slow the video down to half speed. (very choppy though)

I was actually hoping Telltale would do a remix of Armed With Death for a scene like that. Maybe slowed down to around the same pace as your song.

• How I feel about AJ:

• Little sister ruined this song for me... I only hear her singing when this song comes up :weary:

How I feel about AJ:

• I get it

Deltino posted: »

There's only one suitable theme for Ben: (please tell me there's some oldies on here that get it)

• edited March 2018

Any other suggestions here besides 3121's?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.