What kind of american accent does Clem have?

Comments

• edited March 2018

Her accent is the standard general american accent that most americans have. I'm not an expert on accents but being american myself it's the accent I hear the most often regardless of what area of the U.S. I find myself in. I believe Melissa Hutchison is from Missouri so I guess you could say Clem's accent is akin to that.

• Alright, thanks :).

Veeeee posted: »

Her accent is the standard general american accent that most americans have. I'm not an expert on accents but being american myself it's the

• It's definitely pretty general American which is mostly Midwestern-influenced (basically Midwest outside of the Great Lakes/Dakotas).

• That of a 30-ish White Woman trying to sound like a neutral Blasian girl.

• edited March 2018

"Blasian"
    On what planet is Clem even remotely Asian? Even from the family picture in Season 1.

DabigRG posted: »

That of a 30-ish White Woman trying to sound like a neutral Blasian girl.

• Her design was modeled after a Korean(?) developers daughter and her dad in particular is undeniably Black, so Ms. Hutchinson probably just compromised the two, assuming it really isn't the actual intent given a not-so recent statement about Clementine's parentage.

"Blasian" On what planet is Clem even remotely Asian? Even from the family picture in Season 1.

• She isn’t blasian ?

That of a 30-ish White Woman trying to sound like a neutral Blasian girl.

• Actually she is right she is an African-American and Asian mix. In Season 1 she was modeled after the art director's daughter who is Asian. However, some time after he created her they decided to make her African-American so she would at least relate to Lee a bit more and that is why her skin tone was really pale in Season 1 and later changed to a darker shade in Season 2 and A New Frontier.

Melton23 posted: »

She isn’t blasian ?

• I'm just gonna assume the "she" is referring to Clementine's VA.

There's also the whole "one parent isn't biological" thing to take into account.

Actually she is right she is an African-American and Asian mix. In Season 1 she was modeled after the art director's daughter who is Asian.

• The "she" I was referring to was Clementine.
    Yes I also remember that one of the TellTale Developers have said that Ed (Clem's Dad) is not her biological father which means that her dad would be someone with Asian features.

I'm just gonna assume the "she" is referring to Clementine's VA. There's also the whole "one parent isn't biological" thing to take into account.

• The "she" I was referring to was Clementine.

I meant the first she, bud.

Yes I also remember that one of the TellTale Developers have said that Ed (Clem's Dad) is not her biological father which means that her dad would be someone with Asian features.

Honestly, while I still buy into the idea that Clementine is mixed, I can see why some are fine with just declaring her AA. There are indeed black people that have unusually bright skin.

On a different note, it's also worth noting that Mr. Vanaman was apparently informed of this detail and he allegedly said that it was originally Diana who was the adoptive parent, ihrc.

The "she" I was referring to was Clementine. Yes I also remember that one of the TellTale Developers have said that Ed (Clem's Dad) is not her biological father which means that her dad would be someone with Asian features.

• edited March 2018

I hate it when ppl do this. Just because she was modelled after somebody it does not mean she is Asian. Are her parents both african-American? yes. Also I’ve seen a side by side of the guy’s daughter and clem and they look nothing alike in the first place. Her character was set up to be an African American young girl, not an in game adaptation of some girl who doesn’t even look like her

“Oooooh they’re both Asian, must look the exact same”, no they fuckin’ don’t though ? i’ve genuinely tried to state my case that Clementine blatantly is not Asian for nearly 2 years now and it’s starting to annoy me the way everyone thinks she’s Asian just because she was apparently modelled after an Asian, who, still, looks nothing like her in the first place.

Also, to clear things up, that telltale dev did not say ed is not clem’s father, he only hinted at it in a way that made him sound like he said it, and they said the exact same thing about Diana at one point so I wouldn’t take this information too literally.

Actually she is right she is an African-American and Asian mix. In Season 1 she was modeled after the art director's daughter who is Asian.

• Also, to clear things up, that telltale dev did not say ed is not clem’s father, he only hinted at it in a way that made him sound like he said it, and they said the exact same thing about Diana at one point so I wouldn’t take this information too literally.

It is crazy how many people buy into this crap and expect a big reveal in the future. I have seen so many theories about how Clementine apparently has a birth father who is evil or something it is not even funny. If Clementine all of a sudden has an evil birth father who shows up to be the villain of the final season, I will throw up.

I hate it when ppl do this. Just because she was modelled after somebody it does not mean she is Asian. Are her parents both african-America

• I can just as easily believe that she is African-American or, like, black-Asian mix, but if we're going by what the original S1 developers said, she is just black with no defined heritage (if I recall correctly). Maybe her last name will shed some light on this, though, idk. I'm fine with whatever.

(Oh, theory! What if there's a grandparent on each side of Clem's fam that's Asian?)

• Also, to clear things up, that telltale dev did not say ed is not clem’s father, he only hinted at it in a way that made him sound like he said it, and they said the exact same thing about Diana at one point so I wouldn’t take this information too literally.

So 42 Clementines?

I hate it when ppl do this. Just because she was modelled after somebody it does not mean she is Asian. Are her parents both african-America

• Basically, yeah

Also, to clear things up, that telltale dev did not say ed is not clem’s father, he only hinted at it in a way that made him sound like he s

• edited March 2018

er that girl is wearing the season 2 clem outfit, and honestly there's a pretty good resemblance there between the two.
    not sure what you're seeing

• She should have a somewhat Southern accent considering she’s from Georgia. Also I believe that Clem is African-American and not Blasian. Monolids are actually a common African trait. However, Clem maybe mixed with something because she is African-American and many black people in America are mixed with at least 20% of a different ethnicity/race

• edited March 2018

enter image description here

• I was waitin on this.

Louche posted: »

er that girl is wearing the season 2 clem outfit, and honestly there's a pretty good resemblance there between the two. not sure what you're seeing

• Pretty good resemblance. Time to kill myself I’m done with humanity ??‍♂️ What resemblance though? They have the same nose and that’s it. We have hazel eyes vs brown eyes, a different hairstyle, even a different hairstyle to the season 2 Clementine, her head isn’t even the right shape, clementine has bigger lips and of a different shade, as well as she also has bigger eyebrows.

Wait, you’re joking, right?

er that girl is wearing the season 2 clem outfit, and honestly there's a pretty good resemblance there between the two. not sure what you're seeing

• edited March 2018

I never joke. It's a slight re-jiggling off the proportions, but they look very close to me.
    I've seen several renders and even the official action figure of Clem make her look a teensy bit more asian.
    In fact, I'd say the action figure bears a quite prominent resemblance, albeit an older version.

Tell me that's not asian or at least blasian
    If you can't see a resemblance, might wanna get yer eyes checked out

Pretty good resemblance. Time to kill myself I’m done with humanity ??‍♂️ What resemblance though? They have the same nose and that’s it. We

• I can’t see the resemblance ?

I never joke. It's a slight re-jiggling off the proportions, but they look very close to me. I've seen several renders and even the offici

• She lived outside of Atlanta so she should have a southern drawl but the producers went with a non-regional accent. And when is everyone going to drop the Blasian stuff, Clem is clearly an Eskimo.

• Could one or both of her parents been blasian? As a result she could of gotten the genes?

• edited March 2018

Well, I tried. :tired_face:
    I guess you can't make everyone see reality.

I can’t see the resemblance ?

• i always compare Clem's look kind of like The Rock's,his dad was black and his mom from Hawaii ,so although Clem has a softer tone she has the same look in her facial features, https://www.shared.com/content/images/2018/02/2-1.jpg

Sign in to comment in this discussion.