Second playthrough bonuses

So.

Rumor has it that on one's second playthrough, a "mysterious alley" appears on the city map, where one can find an extra psychic power.

How exactly does one find this alley? I've started up a second playthrough but so far have noticed nothing new, on my map or otherwise.

Comments

• edited April 2010
    on all versions?

Edit...

Hmm ya know what I think I may know where it could be....

You know that one street where you first get
    Girl Stinky's cell phone?
    Maybe its through that
    door
    that doesnt seem to do anything
  • edited April 2010
    Irishmile wrote: »
    on all versions?

Edit...

Hmm ya know what I think I may know where it could be....

You know that one street where you first get
    Girl Stinky's cell phone?
    Maybe its through that
    door
    that doesnt seem to do anything
    Please don't reply to hint requests with useless uninformed speculation. :mad:
  • edited April 2010
    Okay now I'm curious about this. I started a second playthrough but so far I haven't found anything.
  • edited April 2010
    ATMachine wrote: »
    Please don't reply to hint requests with useless uninformed speculation. :mad:

LOL you get angry pretty easy there... like a child.
  • edited April 2010
    Okay now I'm curious about this. I started a second playthrough but so far I haven't found anything.

Same here. I'm also going through the Did You Try list. So far...nothing.
  • edited April 2010
    Maybe it's a PS3 exclusive.

edit: No, that doesn't make sense. I learned about this from Avel's post here, and Avel seems to have played it on a computer.
  • edited April 2010
    I PMed Avel about it. I'm hoping he can get a bit more specific.
  • edited April 2010
    After you've finished the game, a message pops up telling you about the new map location that you've unlocked. On your second playthough, there should be a location marked "MYSTERIOUS ALLEY". If you don't have that location on your map in your second playthrough, then perhaps you quit the game before it was unlocked. You didn't quit before the credits finished rolling, did you?
  • edited April 2010
    Definitely not. I remember it going back to the menu screen.
  • edited April 2010
    What items do you have to combine together to activate that location?
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2010
    I believe this is PS3 specific at the moment.
  • edited April 2010
    Well, that's too bad. What does it do?
  • edited April 2010
    Shoot! Are there any PC-exclusives?
  • edited April 2010
    Yeah, no "location unlocked" pop-ups (no pop-ups in general, PC version doesn't have trophy's/achievements/thingamabobs).

Intrigued by "at the moment" though...
  • edited April 2010
    Yeah, no "location unlocked" pop-ups (no pop-ups in general, PC version doesn't have trophy's/achievements/thingamabobs).

Intrigued by "at the moment" though...

Yeah, I just mentioned in another thread the possibility of this feature maybe being available on the DVD when it's released...

I'd hate to think that I'd miss out on it.
  • edited April 2010
    Jake wrote: »

careful ATMachine will yell at you for speculating
  • edited April 2010
    Shoot! Are there any PC-exclusives?

The Bonus DVD with the super awesome extras and Team Fortress 2 hats.
  • edited April 2010
    It's quite annoying that such a potentially cool bonus feature would be a PS3 exclusive.
    What it suggests to me is that Telltale's primary focus these days has shifted to the console market.

Which really disappoints me, as I'm a die-hard PC gamer. I'd been pleased that Telltale had thus far catered so well to the PC platform when other, bigger companies had virtually abandoned it. Oh well...
  • edited April 2010
    Yeah, that surprised me. Achievement system is something that can be done on PC as well.
  • edited April 2010
    ATMachine wrote: »
    It's quite annoying that such a potentially cool bonus feature would be a PS3 exclusive.
    What it suggests to me is that Telltale's primary focus these days has shifted to the console market.

Which really disappoints me, as I'm a die-hard PC gamer. I'd been pleased that Telltale had thus far catered so well to the PC platform when other, bigger companies had virtually abandoned it. Oh well...

I find it disappointing too... but I do not think that suggest TTG has changed their focus on console gamers.. not when us PC players still get special treatment like all the preorder bonuses and the free dvd (loaded with all the special content) at the end of the season... in fact I wouldn't be shocked if it will be on the DVD seems like an easy bonus.
  • edited April 2010
    It unlocks an alley(very small area) where you can get the "Nutrition Specs" glasses.
    There is even a trophy to unlock : you have to reveal a secret object. I still don't know what it is!
    I have tried the glasses in the restaurant and it analyses the food, the aquarium, the pie, Stinky. It gives the composition of the element you analyse. It's pretty fun. There is some addditional dialogue.
    I'm glad I bought it on PS3.

For those wondering how to get this on PC, I'm sure Telltale will unlock it at some point. Remember ToMI when they unlocked a special mode? I'm sure they will do the same.
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2010
    You guys may be interested in this thread.
    Pinchpenny wrote: »
    We'll probably be able to unlock the Nutrition Specs whenever this page properly goes live. It'd make sense since the advert tells you to go there to order Future Vision with the Nutrition Specs included for free.
    Indeed.
    joeldee wrote: »
    Hello all

We really do not have any mission to drive individuals to buy the games multiple times in multiple ways (not to say that we'd discourage this ;) )

Sometimes, an add-on feature opportunity becomes available in one place ... which isn't to say that it won't also be available later in another place.

We do our best to deliver as much fun and value as possible where ever we can!

- Joel, Telltale
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited April 2010

Oh, don't you go all Ubisoft on us, Telltale! :D
  • edited April 2010
    I find this quite fair, to be honest. Those who pre-ordered from Steam got hats on TF2, Ps3 owners got a secret location..
    ..And we, who bought the game directly from Telltale, will get a DVD. :D Makes sense.

But yes, I wouldn't mind having at least the secret location becoming available to all of us.. sometime ;)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.