The choice in Episode 5 regarding Tiffany

So this a question that i've asked in a previous thread, if whether or not it was right to arrest Tiffany for murdering Riddler or take her in as a sidekick. From most of the opinions I've seen I agree that Tiffany should get another chance and the sidekick route is definitely a valid decision.However it bothers me that if you try to arrest her she resists arrest and escapes,now this is strange to me because she made it sound like she's trying to redeem herself and regrets it but is against the idea of facing justice for a crime she did commit.It makes her appear like a hypocrite in my eyes and even if you did take her in as a side kick it makes me feel as if she's not going to be totally committed to the idea of changing because she doesn't feel like what she did was wrong.Example and proof being that she won't be arrested by batman and would rather be a anti hero/villain. But I would really like to hear your guys thoughts on this and tell me how it makes sense for her to resist arrest.

Comments

• I told Tiffany she would need to do her time for what she's done. She broke Batman's one rule. Just as John had to serve his time for what he'd done, I had to turn her over as well. I understood her anger, but she premeditated this act. It wasn't like it was a spur of the moment gut reaction.

I was disappointed that she decided to run from that responsibility. She'd just gotten finished telling me how Lucius' death affected his wife and her brother. I can't imagine what learning of Tiffany's choices will do to them both. I would've offered her an attorney, whatever I could do to lighten her sentence. Promise to assist her mother, and brother. But in the same vein as so many people have said having John Doe after having confirmation of his murders as my partner without answering for any of it wouldn't be right, neither would having Tiffany for me if I remained Batman. Maybe on a play through where Bruce retires.

• I don't blame her for not wanting to go to prison for killing the man who killed her father. She feels bad about what she did but it's not like she feels bad enough to throw her own life away over scum like Riddler.

Lucius wouldn't like what Tiffany did but he wouldn't want her to go to prison either. He would want Bruce to look after her and teach her right from wrong. He also wanted to let her in on the Batman project. That is why mentoring her is the right thing to do for everyone involved.

• edited April 2018

She broke Batman's one rule.

Batman's One Rule just applies to himself. Not to say he would stand by and let other people commit murder if he can help it, but technically his no-killing rule is self-imposed.

Poptarts posted: »

I told Tiffany she would need to do her time for what she's done. She broke Batman's one rule. Just as John had to serve his time for what h

• But that's also weird , why are we acting like Tiffany doesn't no right from wrong in the first place and Batman needs to teach her. Like this super smart girl didn't know that killing
    Riddler was the wrong thing to do in the first place.

I don't blame her for not wanting to go to prison for killing the man who killed her father. She feels bad about what she did but it's not l

• Intelligence does not equal being moral and in control of your impulses. Tiffany is incredibly smart with technical stuff but she is young and thinks she knows best and can't control her impulses as well as she would like to think. Like Batman said, revenge is a human impulse and she needs guidance to be able to control that.

But that's also weird , why are we acting like Tiffany doesn't no right from wrong in the first place and Batman needs to teach her. Like this super smart girl didn't know that killing Riddler was the wrong thing to do in the first place.

• Oh I know, but I'd certainly apply that one rule toward anyone to be mentored.

She broke Batman's one rule. Batman's One Rule just applies to himself. Not to say he would stand by and let other people commit murder if he can help it, but technically his no-killing rule is self-imposed.

• I don't blame anyone for not wanting to go to prison, but I'm of a strong mind that if you can't do the time then don't do the crime.

This isn't to say there wouldn't have been scenarios where I couldn't have considered taking her in - even with all of the time she had spent carefully planning this revenge, designing weaponry, ensuring her identity would be concealed, and carefully preparing a specialized lethal dosage.

Had she taken the shot on Riddler when the hostages lives were in danger -- extreme, but understandable. It's not Batman's way, but she prevented Riddler from adding more victims to his crimes. Had she taken the shot when Riddler captured Batman -- same situation. Had she taken the shot while Batman was fighting with Riddler -- reckless, but totally understandable.

She murdered a man that had been beaten, bound, and on his knees.

I know my opinion won't be a popular one. Tiffany is the daughter of someone the majority, myself included, really liked in the series. I'd been hoping for a chance to recruit her to take his place since his death. She's a smart, talented adult that made the wrong choice, even if she felt completely justified in it. I truly applaud TellTale for making that choice at the end for her.

I don't blame her for not wanting to go to prison for killing the man who killed her father. She feels bad about what she did but it's not l

• edited April 2018

lol I was looking for a cartoon meme where Batman has beaten someone bloody, then stops, saying something like, "No-- one more punch would kill them. I must stick to my code." Couldn't find it though.

As that meme reveals, and as Joker observes in this TT season, Batman's code is kind of a joke. So I was fine with Tiffany killing Riddler-- it would be a miracle if he survived and fully recovered from the beating I gave him, anyway.

I agreed to serve as her "mentor," but honestly, as the last scene with Alfred shows, Batman/Bruce himself has a lot to learn if he wants to be a better hero.

• From the moment Tiffany revealed that she had killed Riddler, all sympathy for the character went out the door. Riddler’s death cause A LOT of problems for everyone (and if you choose the villain route, it got a lot of people killed). Riddler was murdered in cold blood. He probably would have sang after being stood up by the Pact.

And the fact that she just outright rejects that she deserves to face her day in court just destroyed whatever relationship I (Bruce) had built up. It’s even worse if she’s in the agency because she proudly says that she’ll never face her time because Bruce doesn’t have evidence to hold up in court, though I’m kind of sure he does.

Either way, Tiffany committed cold blooded murder and deserved to be arrested for her crime. On my second run of the Villain path, I just let Waller arrest her. It really rubbed me the wrong way that on every other option, she gets away. I need a season three so I can haul her butt to prison.

• Before playing the game I wanted to arrest Tiffany. (Learned of this option via spoilers)

But considering that I legitimately became friends with the Joker and remained his friend even after he killed the three agents right in front of me at Ace Chemicals I thought it would be a bit hypocritical of me to not overlook her mistake.

• I think the recruit version of Tiffany does come to believe that what she did was wrong but in her mind Riddler did deserve it and she doesn't deserve to go to prison for it. Her morals are quite different from Bruce's as it's quite clear that she isn't entirely on board with the 'no killing' rule, but I think that's quite interesting. It makes her a deeper character. So maybe the topic of Batman's code will continue to come up and maybe she'll still be against it. It's hard to say.

• My Batman decided to mentor Tiffany. Since I had a Villain Joker playthough, my Batman has learned to give people a chance and guide them instead of judging John as a villain and creating the Joker.

• When first discovering that Tiffany murdered the Riddler. I felt so sorry because it made sense as to why, even though I didn't like it but I understood why she did it. When it came down to it I chose to become her mentor. It's what Lucius would have wanted and I wanted Tiffany as my partner.

• I never like the people who didn’t reveal their batman identity to tiffany thus causing her to join the agency. It’s better to reveal your identity to tiffany because it what Lucius would have wanted. Not having him roll in his grave.

Arrow-Rand posted: »

When first discovering that Tiffany murdered the Riddler. I felt so sorry because it made sense as to why, even though I didn't like it but

Sign in to comment in this discussion.