Only 3%?! Where's the love? *Enemy Within, Episode 5 Vigilante Spoilers*

Only 3% of yall told Catwoman that you loved her and secured her freedom?

You all know that you can free her without selling out the Joker, right?

Just choose to ask that Catwoman goes free (You don't have to agree to sell out Joker when asked next), aid Catwoman first during the rooftop bombs and later tell Waller that she owes you at the end.

The Joker choice doesn't matter when she tries to blackmail you to free Catwoman. I personally chose silence during it as Batman loves Catwoman but he doesn't sell out allies and friends.

Where's the love for Catwoman, yo?

Tagged:

Comments

• My Bruce isn't romantically invested in Selina, though I feel many didn't realize the large implications of that final dialogue choice with Waller playing through originally. It seems there are many variations in her farewell, regardless.

• Meh, I didn't want to negotiate with Waller.

• I secured her freedom but figured telling her that I loved her would freak her out, so I left that alone.

• edited April 2018

I negotiated for Avesta’s safety from Waller over asking for Selina’s freedom.

• So many choices!!!!
    Why must telltale be good at there job????

• A lot of people probably told her they loved her, but the part that tripped most people up was the option to free Catwoman at the end of the episode. They probably weren't trying to start anything with Waller so they didn't want to be standoffish.

• You don't have to.

You just tell her that she owes you and being assertive early on about Catwoman being free.

Meh, I didn't want to negotiate with Waller.

• yeah i was surprised it was that low too

• Well I fucking tried but Telltale left the whole decision up to a dialogue option lmao. I'm currently in the middle of replaying the season down the Villian path this time (my canon playthrough) and I'm sure as hell setting her free this time.

• A lot of people didn't realize that you also had to tell Waller "you owe me" and weren't able to free Catwoman as a result. I've seen a lot of people upset about this but people have been wanting our dialogue to have an impact for a while now so I don't have an issue with it being so nuanced. Told her I loved her and freed her on my first playthrough.

• edited April 2018

I focused on helping Avesta #BruceVesta

• All about John :D

• I couldn't help but taunts Waller instead of saying she owes me.

• I didn't realize I had to tell Waller she owed me, ah well, she'll at least be watched over by the Agency.

• Oh i was lucky then telling her she owes me, nice.

• I couldn’t bring myself to close the deal, didn’t want to upset John. Still, I told her I love her, hope that accounts for something in season 3. I did have her freed in my villain playthrough, however.

• You did not need to come through with the deal at the rooftop, you just need to tell Waller to release Catwoman and then tell her that she owes you... that last part is where a lot of people missed out I would say.

I couldn’t bring myself to close the deal, didn’t want to upset John. Still, I told her I love her, hope that accounts for something in season 3. I did have her freed in my villain playthrough, however.

• Yeah, now I know, I think I’ll replay it and pick that option. Normally I stick by my decisions no matter how much I regret them, but I do want to help Catwoman (BatCat shipper here), so I guess I’ll bend the rules for once.

19Street95 posted: »

You did not need to come through with the deal at the rooftop, you just need to tell Waller to release Catwoman and then tell her that she owes you... that last part is where a lot of people missed out I would say.

• Honestly? I agree. But it’s such a vague dialogue option. Something like ‘Now you can let Catwoman go’, would work better. That way, people are aware that they still have a choice in deciding her fate.

A lot of people didn't realize that you also had to tell Waller "you owe me" and weren't able to free Catwoman as a result. I've seen a lot

• I still really don't understand this bit. It LOOKS like you have a choice between freeing Catwoman, employing Avesta and having HQ/Bane arrested, but some people seem to have achieved all of these? Also, I've heard there's an option to reinstate Gordon, but I didn't see that? I played on Vigilante mode, BTW.

• I would be really impressed with this dialogue option if it was just a way to get Waller to free Catwoman after you refuse to give over John. But since you still have to choose this dialogue option to secure her freedom even after already agreeing on the deal to give up John, it's feels bit wonky. Like if you aren't constantly pushing Waller about it then she slides right out of her deal like a snake.

Still love the concept though. Just in retrospect, kinda weird for it to be the only factor in getting her free.

A lot of people didn't realize that you also had to tell Waller "you owe me" and weren't able to free Catwoman as a result. I've seen a lot

• Glass him all over again

• It's pretty in character for Waller to be snakey. She would rather have an extra asset on her Suicide Squad and hope Bruce forgets about the deal than simply do what she's supposed to do. Same reason she didn't dismantle SANCTUS when she was supposed to and then wanted to salvage it yet again. And when you bring up the deal and that she owes you, she looks irritated and just says "fine" in a curt tone.

mirashade posted: »

I would be really impressed with this dialogue option if it was just a way to get Waller to free Catwoman after you refuse to give over John

• Because its silly that you cant bring up Catwoman without also being chill with Waller? saying "You owe me" is very aggresive, and I find it silly considering I made the deal with Waller on the roof, it was very obscure how to save her in the vigilante ending, its not like I didnt want to

• I was busy using every negative dialogue options towards Waller.

• She was actually friendly at the end of the villian play through but I think that’s only because they were working together to take down joker

• Don't you have to be on good terms with Selina, i.e don't throw her in the murder box? I never got a chance to patch it up with her, and I don't mean romantically (I'm not interested in any of that), just as an ally/friend. I did ask that she goes free, on one of the option, which basically does nothing (I think), but then you have another choice, and I chose to leave Avesta alone. Though I never sold Joker out anyway, because that's my boy!

• I betrayed Selina and I'm still on good terms with her

Bandicoot88 posted: »

Don't you have to be on good terms with Selina, i.e don't throw her in the murder box? I never got a chance to patch it up with her, and I d

• Waller was nice at the end of the villain playthrough.

• edited April 2018

People want the dialogue to have an impact, but this also mean that the dialogue options should be clear to the player. The dialogue option should have some real indication of what you are going to say and “you owe me” doesn’t really tell.

Given that you just saved Waller, the “you owe me” option side by side with others like “I’m just doing my job” seem to indicate more that you are choosing between acting like a jerk/humble/hero than that you are actually going to call out a favor.

And that got a lot of people. I, for example, was expecting for a “Catwoman” option during the whole conversation and didn’t see it. I ended up the episode thinking “... wait a minute, but what about Catwoman?”

• I told her I loved her and secured her freedom !! Selina’s an amazing character

• My Bruce is definitely romantically invested in Selina !!

• Glad to be in the 3%. It was well worth it this time around.
    A bit frustrated at the lack of real closure though.

• It bothers me that Bruce doesn't tell Selina he loves her. It is only said by Batman to Catwoman(as he may be dying)... Or, am I wrong? Does the villain path have Bruce telling Selina he loves her?

Perhaps only one side to having access to that Selina ending state is why the total of players who have it is a low 3%.

• I tried to let John kill her but a quicktime event killed me instead. I had no choice but to save her - though I could care less if she lived or died.

Zjaa6 posted: »

Waller was nice at the end of the villain playthrough.

• Oh and I just don't like Selina. My plartrough was anti catwoman all the wY

• Here's something I did:

• When discovering that Catwoman was forced into the Suicide Squad, I chose Catwoman without a doubt.
    I had my Batman say he loved her because I wanted to continue their relationship. I made sure that Waller owed Batman due to taking down Joker and secure Catwoman's freedom.

• well at least now I know how to get Catwoman's freedom in the Vigilante ending. I kept pissing Waller off.

• I had no idea I could do this! I need to rewind the chapter and pick "You owe me". Thanks for telling us how to free her without selling out John.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.