Things You Want to See in S4?

edited April 2018 in The Walking Dead

I'm sure this thread probably exists already, but...
As the title says. What do y'all want to see in season 4?

I personally want to see the dream sequence that was planned for season one to be rewritten for Clementine and she gets to talk to the people who have affected her throughout the series.

Comments

enter image description here .

I personally want to see the dream sequence that was planned for season one to be rewritten for Clementine and she gets to talk to the people who have affected her throughout the series.

I would really like that. As long as Jane and especially Kenny are kept to a minimum.

• Zombie encounter sequences that are actually unnerving

• More determinant characters like Conrad

• A̶ ̶c̶e̶r̶t̶a̶i̶n̶ ̶a̶l̶c̶o̶h̶o̶l̶i̶c̶ ̶d̶o̶u̶c̶h̶e̶b̶a̶g̶ ̶t̶r̶u̶c̶k̶e̶r̶

• Branching narrative paths similar to episode 5 of Batman: The Enemy Within

• Actually sympathetic supporting characters

• At least 2 hour long episodes

• edited April 2018
    • At least 2 hour long Episodes.
    • Make walkers more of a threat than humans.
    • More determinant characters that have a heavy impact like Carley/Doug.
    • Harder QTES.
    • Make choices matter and make them branch into the Season.
    • Character development/make us feel attached to these characters, like Season 1 did.
    • More blood & gore.
    • Overall make this Season: grittier, gorier, bloodier and sad.
    • More/bigger hubs like Season 1.
    • Puzzles and side quests like Season 1.
    • Option to speak to characters in hubs.
    • Returning characters from past Seasons.
    • Make our choices from Season 1, 2 and 3 impact Season 4.
    • Music in the credits similar to Season 2.
    • Screen menu similar to Season 2.
    • Chapter rewinds.
    • Previews for the next Episodes.
      I am just pointing out if most of these points are not in The Final Season, there will be backlash and disappointment. I hope The Final Season is nothing like A New Frontier. Good luck everyone who is working on The Final Season, hope this Season is like Season 1, in terms of gameplay, Episode lengths, character development and storyline etc...
  • Chapter rewind feature so I don't have to play through nearly two episodes to get to the same point and make a alternate choice. Ditto to what all the above have said already because I wouldn't feel like typing out a list. If they still won't know what fans want by season 4's premiere like hubs and 2 hr+ episodes then I feel it is either too much work, too expensive, or they never cared and we may as well forget about asking. LOL

• agree

* At least 2 hour long Episodes. * Make walkers more of a threat than humans. * More determinant characters that have a heavy impact like

• Flashbacks from all of the groups Clem has been a part of. Let us see her interact one last time with the motor inn group, the cabin group, etc.
    • Engaging new characters that are well developed and don't just blindly follow Clem because she is the protagonist
    • Choices AND dialogue that affect how characters perceive us and how certain events unfold.
    • The chance to talk to AJ about our s2 endings, who helped take care of him, etc.
    • Brutal choices.
    • Episodes that are at least 2.5 hours in length, preferably as long as possible.

Controversial opinion but I'd also like our ANF endings to matter in certain aspects, such as finding Kate alive or dead if she vanished in your ending, or finding David surviving and doing his soldier thing if he survived and didn't return to Richmond.

• "What if ANF had never happened!" 10 episode DLC.

• If I had to ask for just one thing, it would be this crazy thing called "developed characters"

S2 was the start of this problem, a lot of the characters were pretty 1 note. Luke is just a nice guy, Nick is a nice guy but kinda a dope, Carlos is over protective, Alvin is just another nice guy, none of them really go through any changes except Rebecca.

ANF however is where this problem became huge and made S2 development look godly. Tripp, he's just a guy. Eleanor, no clue. Ava was pointless. David is just "A N G E R Y D A D" Gabe is just a bitch, Kate is just "alright." Not to mention every episode that goes by a characters motivations just change for no reason (example: Kate and David flip flop for some reason) and these underdeveloped characters feel so pointless when they die. Fucking Ava was so worthless and she literally is thrown out like the garbage she was, just tossed off an edge and everyone just goes "OOF" and moves on.

So what I want most is for me to actually care about these characters. All these new characters in ANF that die I felt absolutely nothing for, and I want that to change.

• emilybuckshotemilybuckshot Former Telltale Staff

Hey guys! So happy you're all so excited for the new season. Thank you so much for all of your passion- it's awesome to see how much you care, and how you know what you hope for in the game.

Just a reminder that no individual dev working on the game can or would ever be personally responsible for all of the things you are asking for- or even one thing on a list. AND, when you make a pitch and directly send it to us- we cannot, legally, read your pitch of what you'd like to have happen. There are alllll kinds of copyright issues associated with that... which none of us want to deal with, trust me. Please don't tag us in posts asking for specific things. There is literally nothing we can do with that. I'm sorryyyyyy.

Rest easy knowing that the devs do look at the forums-- we care about this game and these characters with all of our hearts, and we are working our butts off trying our best to make a good game for all of you.

(and one last reminder that I am not in any way in charge of The Final Season- I am but one of many designers working on the project!)

Thanks everyone <3

• Hubs, Optional Dialogues, and GORE!!!

Sign in to comment in this discussion.