Did you left (or stay in) the NG ?

In your gameplay, did Gared leave or stay in the North Grove ? And why ?

Comments

• Gotta stay. Lord Gregor saved Gared's life, and his dying wish was that the North Grove would never be lost...its a question of honor, but more than that, its significance for the future of House Forrester is hinted at multiple times. Also, Ironrath has already fallen by the time this decision is made, so leaving to save the Forrester home is futile.

• I left because if Lord Gregor was still alive he would say Ironrath must never be lost.

• Then why say "the north grove must never be lost" and not "Ironrath must never be lost"?

BigGazMan posted: »

I left because if Lord Gregor was still alive he would say Ironrath must never be lost.

• Bingo!

Then why say "the north grove must never be lost" and not "Ironrath must never be lost"?

• Because he didn't want die knowing he was hiding something magical and because he might of feel a bit bad not seeing his bastard children and I believe if he was still alive he would probably rather lose the nouth grove then his ancestrys house.

Then why say "the north grove must never be lost" and not "Ironrath must never be lost"?

• edited November 2017

At the time, I was so shocked by Ironrath's fall that I sent back Gared to it, with hopes that he can help later. But now, I think that maybe we're going to regret it. We know nothing about the North Grove after all, it's certainly not just a simple story of bastards.

• I think at some point it's mentioned that stories of the north grove say it's a place to sort of wait out the winter. If this is so then it's a much more important place than Ironrath, a modest holdfast. It is definitely something around much longer than Gregor since Jon says that Old Nan told him stories about the north grove.

This means it must be, or is very likely to be, powerful and influential in the war for the dawn. Much more important than ironrath in my opinion.

Because he didn't want die knowing he was hiding something magical and because he might of feel a bit bad not seeing his bastard children and I believe if he was still alive he would probably rather lose the nouth grove then his ancestrys house.

• Interesting

I think at some point it's mentioned that stories of the north grove say it's a place to sort of wait out the winter. If this is so then it'

• Are you a mind reader?

Because he didn't want die knowing he was hiding something magical and because he might of feel a bit bad not seeing his bastard children and I believe if he was still alive he would probably rather lose the nouth grove then his ancestrys house.

• Yes, no, maybe

• I had Gared stay at the North Grove because Lord Forrester said "The North Grove must never be lost." I do not think that he was referring to Elsera and Josera I think that he was mentioning the location has a power hidden deep within the tree or perhaps the Children of the Forest put a magical artifact or something at the North Grove and Gregor swore to keep it safe with his bastard children.

• Exactly why I had him stay

I had Gared stay at the North Grove because Lord Forrester said "The North Grove must never be lost." I do not think that he was referring t

• I had him stay in the North Grove.

• The way I interpret "The North Grove must never be lost" is that the memory and knowledge of its location must never be lost.

It is a risk, but if House Forrester goes extinct, then that means no one will be able to find or use the North Grove when the Great War comes.

I also suspect that only people of Forrester blood can utilize the North Grove, which explains why only Josera and Elsera can use it.

• That makes sense I think that may be why TellTale had introduced us to Lord Forresters bastards late in the game.

The way I interpret "The North Grove must never be lost" is that the memory and knowledge of its location must never be lost. It is a ris

• I left the North Grove. I believe when Lord Forrester told us 'the North Grove can never be lost' he was referring to his bastard children. He knew he was dying so it was his last chance to tell anyone and now we've found them, we can make sure the North Grove is not lost. He never said we had to stay there.

• Well when you know that Rodrik also knows about North Grove it's a bit tough to wonder if he knows about the bastards. Maybe Lord Forrester only told him about the location so to Rodrik it would mean the location of the North Grove could never be lost. Gared however was kept in the dark so the player would have to choose what we thought he meant. What benefit would Gared, Sylvi, the two bastards and a dozen of blood magic controlled warriors have done for Ironrath? That is the question I keep asking myself because it doesn't make sense that they could stop the Whitehills.

I left the North Grove. I believe when Lord Forrester told us 'the North Grove can never be lost' he was referring to his bastard children.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.