Why is this The Walking Dead by Telltales last season?

The Walking Dead by Telltale is by far my favorite game. It is the only production (including movies, other games, etc...) that gave me emotions with it. It is Telltales largest game by far; a lot of work has been put into this series. So why is this the last one? Why not go up to season ten? For selfish reasons I would love to see more seasons but I was wondering if anyone has what they think to be the answer because I am not sure. Thank you.

Comments

• All good things must come to an end eventually.

• Cause they don't want to milk it. Unlike the show.

• Cause they're tired of doing it.

• They probably planned to do more seasons before but after A New Frontier i think it's the right decision to stop.

• edited April 2018

Because it should be. How many more bleak zombie Telltale games do you want? I love the series and while I still enjoy playing the games I've been starting to feel fatigued from them since halfway through Michonne. I just really want to see how it ends. I couldn't bear to see them drag Clementine's story out for even one more season, let alone up to ten.

Of course if you really want more I won't be upset at you for that, even if I don't feel the same way.

• I think it's because Telltale wants to move on, having been unable to live up to the astronomical standards set by Season 1 in its later Seasons. They probably want to creatively move onto new ideas instead.

(Also, FYI - We try to reserve the "Gaming" thread tag for general gaming discussion not related to Telltale games)

• Just speculation..but it could be a case that by keeping WD it's doing more harm than good, everyones always comparing everything WD related to S1 because that's the benchmark and so it well should be and now look at how much of a dent TT's fan base took after S2,and now look at the current and last offering of the WD from Telltale...it might be making them money still but it could be also harming the company as the quality has suffered so much.

• Sorry,

I think it's because Telltale wants to move on, having been unable to live up to the astronomical standards set by Season 1 in its later Sea

• There's only so many more seasons they can make until they're practically torturing the girl with how many groups she ends up losing XD Although arguably ANF wasn't a high note I think they just want to finally conclude Clem's story and send her off on a high note with The Final Season. It starts reaching a point where there just isn't much left to tell without it feeling forced.

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited April 2018

It's okay, no harm done! :) I just sometimes leave public heads up's like that so people know how to better use the tag system.

Sorry,

• I heard that it's the end of Clementine's story and not the entire franchise.

• It's not necessarily the end of TWD, just the end of Clem's story. They said we could very well see new stories and characters down the road but they feel like Clem deserves a proper end to her story and I agree.

• edited April 2018

They can’t exactly milk the show if they’re following the comics and the events from the comics have surpassed the events of the show can they?

Cause they don't want to milk it. Unlike the show.

• Cuz they don’t have any money anymore

• There's nothing left in the series at this point after Clementine's final season. It comes a time with every series/show when its just time to end it before people are begging for the series to die off (Spongebob, family guy, etc.)

• It comes a time with every series/show when its just time to end it before people are begging for the series to die off (Spongebob, family guy, Firefly...)

Completed.

Chibikid posted: »

There's nothing left in the series at this point after Clementine's final season. It comes a time with every series/show when its just time to end it before people are begging for the series to die off (Spongebob, family guy, etc.)

• There's nothing left in the series at this point after Clementine's final season.

Maybe that wouldn't have been a possible issue if they didn't go around killing off a good 85%(I forgot my original estimate) of their cast.

Chibikid posted: »

There's nothing left in the series at this point after Clementine's final season. It comes a time with every series/show when its just time to end it before people are begging for the series to die off (Spongebob, family guy, etc.)

• That's giving them a lot of credit. ANF was a cash grab if I've ever seen one.

Cause they don't want to milk it. Unlike the show.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.