Should Clementine become the leader of a group?

I have been wondering what other people thought about this. I think it would be a perfect ending. She goes with Alvin jr. and the kids that want to go (and certain ones die based on your decisions) and she becomes the leader of a survival group. She then builds it to be a base like Wellington; based on the choices you have made throughout the game is what type of leader she becomes at the end (if you made certain decisions you were like a Carver; or you could follow off of a passionate Lee, if thats how you made him). Please comment your thoughts and feedback.
ps: sorry if this has already been brought up. i have been playing TWD for years but am new to the community.

Comments

• Maybe lf she learned to shed her sense of detachment sometime in The Final Season, I could see her being a good leader.

Welcome to the community! :smile:

• I think she might have that based on your Kenny/Jane decision in s2. If you didn’t go off by yourself she wouldn’t have that. Also s3 showed Clementine a family that “made it” (for the most part) which, I think, made her more caring.

Cocoa2736 posted: »

Maybe lf she learned to shed her sense of detachment sometime in The Final Season, I could see her being a good leader. Welcome to the community!

• That would constitute a plot arc that would go back multiple season and require planing, foresight and foreshadowing... no way that's happening.

• Sigh...in the past, I gravitated more towards no because for as much as the story tried to have Carver pay lipservice and/or stroke the fanbase's ego to the idea, there was little to no actual building of/or a basis for Clementine to become so, especially after In Harm's Way came out.

Now that's not to say that it couldn't hypothetically work and there are a few characters(like Luke(and maybe Nick), Sarah, Edith, and Randy's family) that I suppose/think did/could contribute to something along that idea if done just right.

But I honestly just don't care anymore.

• It would make sense as her confidence has clearly grown alot. Also as the player character it will give us choices on how to lead the group, which we wouldn't have otherwise.

• We had Season 2 for that.

• s3 showed Clementine a family that “made it” (for the most part)

Too bad "for the most part" didn't just mean David or determinately Kate.
    Broken Aesop, much?

I think she might have that based on your Kenny/Jane decision in s2. If you didn’t go off by yourself she wouldn’t have that. Also s3 showed Clementine a family that “made it” (for the most part) which, I think, made her more caring.

• Rhetorical question. Clem IS a group leader since season 2. Idea with Clem obeying some KIDS orders is crazy.

• That sounds more like a presumptuous statement, dude. :lol:

Rhetorical question. Clem IS a group leader since season 2. Idea with Clem obeying some KIDS orders is crazy.

• I didn’t mean she obeys kids... I meant she leads them (and others join to make a big group)

Rhetorical question. Clem IS a group leader since season 2. Idea with Clem obeying some KIDS orders is crazy.

• I meant a big group like Wellington.

We had Season 2 for that.

• I was referring to the question in the title.

DabigRG posted: »

That sounds more like a presumptuous statement, dude.

• With the new cast being composed of a lot of young characters, I could see Clementine stepping up and taking on a leadership role.

• Welcome to the community! Also, Clementine has proved to be very strong and seems to have good leadership skills so I can definitely see it!

• I don't know, she seemed fairly aloof in A New Frontier no matter what S2 ending you got. Maybe the Garcias did manage to warm her up to strangers again though, we'd have to see in The Final Season. She could be a good leader she'd just have to be willing to take up the position, and I don't think the Clem we saw in A New Frontier would really want to. I'd love to see her grow as a character to where she'd take on that role however.

I think she might have that based on your Kenny/Jane decision in s2. If you didn’t go off by yourself she wouldn’t have that. Also s3 showed Clementine a family that “made it” (for the most part) which, I think, made her more caring.

• I don't see it. Nothing I've seen so far from Clem has warmed me up to the idea that she could become a leader of a big community. I can see her being in a situation like New Richmond though. Example being, along with David, there were 3 others who ran operations in Richmond, each with their specific job and crew and would vote on Richmond's future. David ran security, and had his own unit in Ava, Badger, Max, etc. That's the role I see Clem in. But not in a situation where she is the sole overseer of it all like Carver.

• Maybe she could be the recruiter like Tavia from 400 days.

Sarunas21 posted: »

I don't see it. Nothing I've seen so far from Clem has warmed me up to the idea that she could become a leader of a big community. I can see

• ..Oh, you're right! My bad, I misunderstood the colon's meaning.

I was referring to the question in the title.

• If it had planned to be that way all along that'd be great. Certain key moments from each game that directly involve Clementine determining certain aspects of Clem's leadership style. Like as an example from Season 1, if Lee has Clem shoot him or not. If she shoots him, she's better at making the calls that need to be made for group safety without letting emotions stop her. Alternatively, if Lee didn't have her shoot him, then she's less likely to be able to separate emotions and will be more likely to let people linger on and put herself or others at risk for the sake of her emotions.

Combine all the key moments like that throughout all 4 seasons to get the final "Your Clementine" screens, that not only detail her leadership style but how successful she is. Maybe certain styles will prove more effective in the short term but in the long term will end up causing her settlement to fail and if bad enough, cause her death. Or some that seem kinda' shitty at first but have a really strong long term efficacy and she ends up being the zombie apocalypse messiah. Sadly, there's no way in hell that they've had this planned since season 1 so it'd be nigh impossible to convincingly pull off.

• You know what, I like that more and it's closer to what I guess would be the most fitting.
    After all, the Leader of a group typically isn't an absolute one. Carver had his inner circle, Norma had Randall and Zachary, Kate had Javier, and Luke had Carlos and initially Pete.
    The closest to an exercised exception is Lily, oddly enough.

Sarunas21 posted: »

I don't see it. Nothing I've seen so far from Clem has warmed me up to the idea that she could become a leader of a big community. I can see

• I do not think Clementine is mature enough to take the lead in a group. Perhaps more as part of a council, like what he had in Richmond, as they have already said.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.