What if Javier actually died?

edited April 2018 in The Walking Dead

Okay, so I saw a Non-standard game over where Javi gets killed by a Walker. He says his finals words and passes away, resulting in a game over.

youtube.com/watch?v=VYalU-bHDio

However... What if this death was story-related? Like, if Javi's death was determined? You fail the final QTE and Gabriel saves, but Javier dies. What would be the end result of that? And what could hypothetically happen after that?

Comments

• It would have made the story a lot more interesting. I imagine that what could happen is that you would then take over Gabe as the main character.

• I would have probably uninstalled my game at that point...

DrewLamon posted: »

It would have made the story a lot more interesting. I imagine that what could happen is that you would then take over Gabe as the main character.

• This is out of the question.

• ...I'm not sure whether to be mixed or just dismiss it,

• edited April 2018

Mm...maybe? ...Question mark? :confused:

EDIT: Oh, wait, you mean from that point in the rest of the game?

DrewLamon posted: »

It would have made the story a lot more interesting. I imagine that what could happen is that you would then take over Gabe as the main character.

• It could have been interesting if they had an actual plan to kill Javi, not in a determinant way of because you missed a QTE though. Just in general there could have been something interesting if he could infact die.

• (?)Javi will remember that.

• Gabe would be "the guy" if javi and David die so that would be the suicidal point to me.Even if it's determined that would suck ass real hard.

• I thought he was going to get bitten when I was saving David and Gabe at the truck crash by myself. I don't think he necessarily had to die there like in the failed QTE, but it could have been powerful for him to get bitten and then choose how to spend his final hours before he turned, as well as choosing who would put him down. Maybe he could commit suicide or ask Gabe to do it, maybe if Conrad was alive then he could offer to do it. Or maybe he could just wander out of New Richmond in a self-imposed exile to turn. But he survived which I guess is best for all the surviving Garcia's involved.

• I really wish this was an ending. It could have been very emotional If it was actually story related (Nothing like Lee's death, but Javier's death could have had potential of coming fairly close). I would imagine that you would play the remainder of the game as Clementine. The game would end off with a funeral. Clementine helps the remaining García’s bury Javier. She stays for the funeral, cuts her own hair, and then leaves to find AJ. Gabe asks to go with her but Clementine tells him that this is something she has to do on her own and that it is safest for him to stay in Richmond. The player gets to choose how she feels about Gabe. Gabe asks if Clementine plans on coming back. The player has three options to choose from: (A) Clementine plans on coming back to Richmond with AJ. (B) If McCarrol Ranch is a safe place and AJ is happy there with people who care about him, Clementine will stay at McCarrol Ranch with AJ. She might make the occasional visit back to Richmond. (C) Clementine is done dealing with groups and once she finds AJ she is hitting the road with no plans of joining any groups in the future. Clementine heads out. Instead of looking happy as she leaves, she looks stoic yet more determined than ever. Clementine has been through so much that she is just numb to the sadness now but she is determined to find AJ. She refuses to loose AJ the same way she has lost almost everyone else.

• Or maybe he could just wander out of New Richmond in a self-imposed exile

This is honestly what I think they should've determinately did with Gabe rather than having him be bitten at the last minute.

I thought he was going to get bitten when I was saving David and Gabe at the truck crash by myself. I don't think he necessarily had to die

• Not gonna lie, that actually sounds like a classy way of handling it.

Even if I still think don't care for Gaybentime or feel that killing off Javier would come off as redundant, [slightly less bitter] wanky sour grapes.

Veeeee posted: »

I really wish this was an ending. It could have been very emotional If it was actually story related (Nothing like Lee's death, but Javier's

• Wasteful and further drove the question of why introduce him in ANF only to rehash a Lee cycle at the end while sidelining Clementine to the back.

• Yeah, that was always my 2nd issue with the idea.

Chibikid posted: »

Wasteful and further drove the question of why introduce him in ANF only to rehash a Lee cycle at the end while sidelining Clementine to the back.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.