Self-Captured Screenshots of TTG TWD (S1, S2, NF, Michonne)

1171819202123»

Comments

• In Harm's Way 2/2

• Amid the Ruins 1/2

• Is it bad that my first thought was of that one modded image for some contest?

In Harm's Way 1/2

• Amid the Ruins 2/2

• I don't know what you mean.

DabigRG posted: »

(Spoiler) Is it bad that my first thought was of that one modded image for some contest?

• edited April 2018

enter image description here .
    Sarah's trying to read. She can't believe that Carver won either.

Note: I'm trying to find the context of my accompanying statement back then, but I'm getting no dice.

I don't know what you mean.

• No Going Back 1/2

• edited April 2018

enter image description here
    Holy shit, is that guy getting stabbed through the throat?!

Amid the Ruins 2/2

• That screenshot with Jane's face in the herd really shows how perfect the graphics were for the game,i really miss the old graphics ;(

Amid the Ruins 1/2

• I just noticed the Civil War Museum part when I took it. Good catch.

Holy shit, is that guy getting stabbed through the throat?!

• No Going Back 2/2

• I missed doing these.

• There's some weird, pseudo uncanny valley stuff going on here

I missed doing these.

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator

There's depth of field to the screenshots. Something that S2 in particular didn't utilize all that much.

There's some weird, pseudo uncanny valley stuff going on here

• DoF seems to be manually applied to each scene. I don't know why but that's how it works; which is why sometimes you see the effect and sometimes you don't.
    To my screenshots, I had to use an external program to add some DoF and Bloom.

Deltino posted: »

There's depth of field to the screenshots. Something that S2 in particular didn't utilize all that much.

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator

Yeah, I remember seeing that get mentioned in an interview or something once. Given that Telltale's working off an engine that, on top of being made back in 2005, was never built with the intent of doing the stuff it does now, it doesn't really surprise me. Who knows how much stuff is still unsupported, or otherwise overly complicated in the Tool? People can bash on Unity all they want, but it's pretty much a net benefit over the tech they currently work with. They could most likely pull off the same stuff they do with the Tool, but with much less hassle.

But back to the point, what I was getting at was that S2 had a particular lack of DoF compared to the other seasons. S1, Michonne and even ANF made more use of it than S2 seemed to. Or at least that's what it looked like to me.

DoF seems to be manually applied to each scene. I don't know why but that's how it works; which is why sometimes you see the effect and sometimes you don't. To my screenshots, I had to use an external program to add some DoF and Bloom.

• Yeah, they both have thick dark brows, and eyes that kinda bug out at times.

I don't know why, but the 4th and 7th pics make me laugh when I see Ava's face. In a way, it reminds me of Lee.

• enter image description here

enter image description here

Oh my goodness, you're right. I'm just gonna assume that's not intentional.
    ...Mostly.

I don't know why, but the 4th and 7th pics make me laugh when I see Ava's face. In a way, it reminds me of Lee.

• This eyebrow raise from Lee always reminded me of Ava's animations on replays.

Oh my goodness, you're right. I'm just gonna assume that's not intentional. ...Mostly.

• Telltale does have a tendency to reuse a number of models and animations, both within good reason and somewhat outside of it.

I'm pretty sure Lee also shares a model and/or animations with the Stranger and Carlos, for example. And Jane is almost entirely based on Lilly's animations, hilariously enough.

This eyebrow raise from Lee always reminded me of Ava's animations on replays.

• It's a common thing in game development to reuse models and animations to save time. Pretty much all games after TWDS1 reused Lee's animations for example.
    And no, Lee doesn't share models with Carlos.

Telltale does have a tendency to reuse a number of models and animations, both within good reason and somewhat outside of it. I'm pretty

• Not a model, but some of Carlos' facial animations seems to overlap with both Lee's and especially Carver's.

It's a common thing in game development to reuse models and animations to save time. Pretty much all games after TWDS1 reused Lee's animations for example. And no, Lee doesn't share models with Carlos.

• Those S2 screenshots just reminded me of how much literal pain Clem endured that season. Almost drowning, a dog bite, stitching one's self, (determinant) a punch to the gut, the butt end of a gun to the face, getting shot in the shoulder... did I miss any? Compound that with the emotional pain... I'd be a cold soul if that happened to me at age 11.

• I'm glad you liked them. I tried to capture moments with elements of empathy in most of these shots.

eRock92 posted: »

Those S2 screenshots just reminded me of how much literal pain Clem endured that season. Almost drowning, a dog bite, stitching one's self,

• I recently replayed all of the games again to prepare myself for the upcoming final season. Here are a few screenshots I took during my playthrough.

walkingdeadmollykennylee.png

walkingdeadkennyclem.png

walkingdeadkennyclem2.png

walkingdeadclembonnieaj.png

walkingdeadclem.png

• Btw, I figured out where this originally came from: There is a twdforums site where there was a Hurt-Heal Game among characters from up to In Harm's Ways--and Sarah was the Runner-up after Clementine eventually won.
    So this image was legitimately perfect for the occasion.

. Sarah's trying to read. She can't believe that Carver won either. Note: I'm trying to find the context of my accompanying statement back then, but I'm getting no dice.

• Happy Mother's Day--actual birth optional!

• Ready for Season 4 :)

• Replayed the seasons again to get an alternative choices save ready for season 4. Here are a few screenshots from my playthrough.

mollythewalkingdeadseason1.png

clementineandleeseason1.png

carleyandlillyseason1.png

• That moment when you realize how many faces get reused.

Replayed the seasons again to get an alternative choices save ready for season 4. Here are a few screenshots from my playthrough.

• Can I post some screenshots I took from the Demo of The Final Season? If it is considered spoilers I will put just the link to where you can see the pictures. :smile:

• edited February 2019

Carser Bump!

Here's another thread I'm a tad surprised fell to the wayside when it did. TFS coming out around the same time should've given it even more to work with. Well, I'm takin it upon myself to bring back this one too--breathe more life into it.

I have a number of screenshots I took myself that have been either used for jokes/reactions or sitting around idly to be used. And since some of the latter have been waiting for a pretty long time and have a high chance of waiting longer, I'm gonna go ahead and start sharing them here. If nothing else, it'll be a reliable location where I can retrieve them once it's time to finally use them purposefully.

Remember that this thread can be used to feature whatever screenshots you wanna share from any season. And modelswaps, for hilarity.

• edited March 2019

Here's some scattered screenshots as promised, including a few I haven't used yet. I'll spoiler & nickname them for convenience.

Fourth Opinion

Gardening Concern

Swiss Van

Dorian Tree

Quiver Underwing

• Here's the ones I cut from the first post.

The Captive

Former Partners

Cropdustin Date

Remorseful Son

Stepmom Day

• edited March 2019

Sorry I let this go without at least the prepared update. I don't how that happened.

Here's a batch I mainly picked at random.

RIP Merdemobile

Taking Responsibility

Ridin with Grace

Ballin for that BBQ

Goofburglars

• edited May 2019

Twin Clems!

• Been over a month, eh? Well, here's some more.
    Cool to be Kind

Shades of Repudiation

Maggot in my Ointment

When Doc Smiles

Guurgle Near my Ear

• This seems to be the last batch I had stored up on here. Whether that's all entirely right now, I don't know.
    Won't Always Be Able to Tell her No

Concave Cheek

Passerby Syndrome

Mischievous Anti-Role Model

The Truth that Should've Been

Sign in to comment in this discussion.